11:13:42 <Stskeeps> #startmeeting Nemo Steering Group Meeting 29/11/2011
11:13:42 <MerBot> Meeting started Tue Nov 29 11:13:42 2011 UTC.  The chair is Stskeeps. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
11:13:42 <MerBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
11:13:58 <Stskeeps> welcome to a new location and a new meeting of the steering group :)
11:14:10 <Stskeeps> #topic Status
11:14:15 <Stskeeps> so where are we at?
11:14:15 <jukkaeklund> unbelievable, I am actually present
11:16:56 <jukkaeklund> regarding what?
11:16:58 <jukkaeklund> :)
11:17:13 <Stskeeps> well, Nemo ;) sage - release news?
11:17:24 * jukkaeklund liked the last one a lot
11:18:45 <Sage> ah, sry
11:19:07 <Sage> So we got a great realease last week with meny improvements on general functionality.
11:19:34 <jukkaeklund> yea!
11:20:06 <jukkaeklund> I have been playing on N9
11:20:21 <Sage> Next release should come on Thursday. Atm. it seems that there aren't so many visiable changes this week.
11:20:22 <jukkaeklund> eg. can almost fully use VKB
11:20:44 <Sage> The major changes are in Mer core this week.
11:21:17 * xruxa would like to try pushing themed VKB http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42376952/20110502-133106.png for Thursday
11:21:20 <Sage> of course if someone has patches they will be accepted but the update to systemd etc. are the main things to verify atm.
11:21:30 <Stskeeps> in Mer side, we've been migrating to OBS 2.3 and we can finally get proper compile results
11:21:43 <w00t> from news I know of .. xruxa was working on new vkb theming.. I haven't had a lot of time the past days, next actions for me will be to post about new contacts/messaging UIs to try get interest from people who want to poke at them, and to fix organizer support in qtmobility to enable the qml calendar..
11:22:34 <jukkaeklund> xruxa, sounds cool
11:22:51 <xruxa> I have also alternative layouts, like Veskuh's and Russian http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42376952/20000102-041237.png
11:23:02 <xruxa> but not happy with the performance on N900 :(
11:23:24 <jukkaeklund> how about the apps client?
11:23:29 <iekku> hi
11:23:34 <w00t> xruxa: which? the vkb in particular?
11:23:36 <lbt> Started work this morning on packaging appsbrowser.
11:23:52 <lbt> currently FTBFS
11:24:11 <xruxa> w00t: current implementation - with any additional available layout it gets visibly slower. With two still oookay, with three no go
11:24:42 <w00t> xruxa: push your code someplace, and I can take a look (and i'll point a few guys who've done a lot of qml performance work at it too to see if they can give feedback)
11:25:06 <xruxa> for the VKB propose to release with one layout and refactor before pushing more layouts.  https://github.com/jpavelek/playground
11:25:19 <w00t> sounds like a plan to me :)
11:27:33 <lbt> OK .. some updates here then
11:27:46 <lbt> #info Bugzilla credential sharing is enabled. Mer bugzilla is the main password change and registration location.
11:27:57 <lbt> #info Bugzilla credential sharing is enabled. Mer bugzilla is the main password change and registration location.
11:28:04 <lbt> w/o the space :)
11:28:12 <lbt> Had to write some patches for ldap server (slapd) to support SSHA256 so bugzilla can master the passwords - and they worked so I'm pushing them upstream.
11:28:29 <lbt> #info Mer infrastructure is looking better. VM creation is now easy. Almost completed work on internal LDAP and puppet yesterday. Able to delegate VMs now.
11:28:38 <lbt> #info Working with Stefan Werden who has offered us some hardware for hosting and building. We're very grateful and are looking to understand how best to use this resource.
11:28:57 <w00t> :)
11:29:52 <Stskeeps> we're hoping to set up a proper community obs for many mer-related projects there
11:31:48 <dm8tbr> ah, bot is working, very good :)
11:33:03 <Stskeeps> yes, we finally have a non-meego meeting room ;)
11:33:36 <jukkaeklund> now it's only the root password that reminds us of meego ;)
11:35:14 <dm8tbr> that's a simple fix in the KS file
11:35:28 <jukkaeklund> yea I know
11:36:01 <Stskeeps> we also still say Welcome to MeeGo ;)
11:36:05 <Stskeeps> so if anyone has a boring evening..
11:36:29 <Sage> dm8tbr: so you would thinkg :)
11:36:50 <Sage> dm8tbr: password is easy to change but the default username isn't. Something breaks when there isn't meego user available in system.
11:37:45 <Stskeeps> :nod:
11:37:48 <mghosaln900> not really a big deal what the username ks it is?
11:37:48 <Stskeeps> we should probably log that bug
11:37:52 <alterego> Guten Tag
11:39:10 <lbt> #info Need to schedule wiki move with alterego but the blockers have been resolved.
11:39:14 <lbt> :D
11:39:47 <alterego> Yay :)
11:40:21 <lbt> yep - let's take this to the chan and make sure we get it done
11:40:44 <lbt> So do we have any targets for next week?
11:40:59 <Sage> alterego: hi :)
11:41:05 <alterego> Hey Sage :)
11:42:10 <jukkaeklund> N9 moslo..
11:42:44 <Sage> Stskeeps: when do you think the commits at gerrit are merged to mer? And when release with those is coming?
11:43:03 <Stskeeps> Sage: the idea is that things will run with http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Process#Release_Process
11:43:12 <Stskeeps> so a regular release schedule, highly automated
11:43:28 <Stskeeps> now we have the new OBS up so we can do releases and testing properly
11:43:45 <Sage> ok
11:45:31 <Sage> Stskeeps: well, that doesn't say when the http://review.merproject.org/#q,status:open,n,z are handled :)
11:45:55 <Sage> I'm mainly interested to see the glib2 change in Mer
11:45:56 <Stskeeps> right, when MERGED (ie, a reviewer says OK), they are able to be included in a pickup
11:45:59 <Stskeeps> yes
11:46:13 <jukkaeklund> how about SGX update?
11:46:24 <jukkaeklund> visible tearing in N9(50)
11:46:39 <Stskeeps> that's on my assigned bugs list
11:47:01 <Stskeeps> i suspect we might be behind in kernel version on n9/n950
11:50:04 <jukkaeklund> very likely..
11:50:42 <slaine> Is the current plan that fakeobs will still be needed locally for companies wishing to host their own OBS's. Or is there a prospect of linking to a mer community obs ?
11:51:01 <Stskeeps> slaine: fakeobs will be renamed Mer Delivery System or something
11:51:06 <Stskeeps> and made a little more intelligent
11:52:24 <slaine> k
11:53:27 <jukkaeklund> yep
11:53:56 <Stskeeps> generally we learnt the hard way in Nemo that we can't rely on remote obs links
11:54:01 <Stskeeps> it cost us many manhours
11:56:09 <Stskeeps> Veskuh sent this through mail:
11:56:18 <Stskeeps> A bit of feedback.
11:56:18 <Stskeeps> - Releases are getting quite good. Calls, SMS, Camera, WiFi, that is impressive list of features!
11:56:21 <Stskeeps> - Nice that bugzilla is up and running. Good to see activity in bugzilla.
11:56:23 <Stskeeps> - Also Nemo bugzilla could use TASK, it would be nice to get stuff from various backlogs to bugzilla
11:56:26 <Stskeeps> For going forward, I'd see important to have more focus on two things:
11:56:27 <Stskeeps> - Nemo should be usable in real handsets, the bugs preventing that need more attention
11:56:30 <Stskeeps> - Things like: issues in broken notifications, missing alerts, answering calls
11:56:33 <Stskeeps> - Making it easier for new people to contribute and encouraging people to contribute
11:56:36 <Stskeeps> - In addition to code and new apps, also more people to do bug filings, wiki-edits, docs, etc.
11:56:39 <Stskeeps> as he couldn't attend
11:56:58 <iekku> good feedback
11:57:09 <alterego> Yeah, good feedback.
11:57:09 <iekku> and i agree with the TASK
11:57:23 <Stskeeps> severity=task as with merproject bugzilla?
11:57:35 <iekku> :nod:
11:57:49 <lbt> I'd like to see bugs in nemo delegated to mer and tracked
11:57:50 <xruxa> "Nemo should be usable in real handsets" - YES!
11:58:22 <iekku> :D
11:58:22 <lbt> to reflect the fact that it *is* a nemo problem ... and to fix it nemo has to go work on Mer in a mer bug
11:58:23 <Stskeeps> lbt: we have a state for that, i think
11:58:41 <iekku> yes we do
11:58:52 <lbt> we do... and we should have a field to record the upstream bug
11:59:17 <lbt> Nokia did some bz work in this area - I don't know if it was modular or part of a mega-patch
11:59:39 <jukkaeklund> agree with veskuh, well put
12:00:10 <Stskeeps> i'm personally happy to see mer being capable of making actual phonecalls :)
12:00:14 <Stskeeps> it makes a strong case for the core
12:00:30 <jukkaeklund> yeah we did calls eg. last sat
12:01:01 <iekku> lbt, i can take action to investigate
12:01:19 <Stskeeps> iekku: will you add severity=task too?
12:01:33 <lbt> It was around the "see also" ...  I think it used ajax to pull back status info on the remote bug
12:01:57 <jukkaeklund> I need to go, any actions for me?
12:02:04 <lbt> I'd like Mer to provide a plugin to enrich a bz with "Mer See Also"
12:02:13 <iekku> Stskeeps, yes
12:02:14 <lbt> maybe that's a feature req iekku
12:02:30 <Stskeeps> jukkaeklund: think we're good - maybe wiki improvements/advertisement material ish
12:02:36 <jukkaeklund> right
12:03:51 <iekku> task is there
12:03:52 <lbt> veskuh_n9_: veskuh_n9_nemo surely .... :D
12:04:01 <Stskeeps> think we're about to wrap up - veskuh_n9_, we screwed the timezones a bit it seems :)
12:04:04 <iekku> hey, we need to think about the triages
12:04:10 <Stskeeps> veskuh_n9_: pasted your feedback though
12:04:24 <veskuh_n9_> ok
12:04:43 <lbt> should we schedule a triage meeting ?
12:04:52 <iekku> yes
12:04:57 <iekku> i can chair
12:05:00 <Sage> that sounds ok.
12:05:01 <iekku> if needed
12:05:05 <Stskeeps> send proposal to meego-handset@ i guess
12:05:21 <Sage> As long as it is not around 10-12 UTC+2 ;)
12:12:12 <lbt> are we done then ?
12:13:15 <Stskeeps> think so
12:13:20 <Stskeeps> thank you all for coming
12:13:24 <Stskeeps> #endmeeting