08:01:52 <Stskeeps> #startmeeting Nemo bug triage 19/12/2011
08:01:52 <MerBot> Meeting started Mon Dec 19 08:01:52 2011 UTC.  The chair is Stskeeps. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
08:01:52 <MerBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
08:02:07 <Stskeeps> the list we'll be walking through is https://bugs.nemomobile.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&order=Importance&field0-0-0=assigned_to&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=TRIAGEDUPSTREAM&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=RELEASED&type0-0-0=substring&value0-0-0=%09need-triage%40nemomobile.org
08:02:38 <Sage> Stskeeps: in that order or in number order?
08:02:46 <veskuh> Stskeeps: we should also prioritize the assigned one
08:02:55 <veskuh> assigned ones
08:03:54 <Stskeeps> ok, https://bugs.nemomobile.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&field0-0-0=assigned_to&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=TRIAGEDUPSTREAM&bug_status=REOPENED&type0-0-0=substring then ?
08:04:11 <veskuh> yep
08:04:14 <Stskeeps> ok
08:04:21 <Sage> fine by me
08:04:28 <Stskeeps> #topic Bug 40 - Qt QML Viewer segfaulting after multi-touch event.
08:04:33 <Stskeeps> https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=40
08:04:44 <Stskeeps> i need someone to collect a gdb on this for me to move along better on it
08:04:57 <Stskeeps> (hence NEEDINFO)
08:05:35 <veskuh> As in practice multitouch works in the few apps that support it, this could be normal/normal
08:05:53 <Stskeeps> #info normal/normal
08:06:15 <veskuh> I can edit the bugs while we are moving the meeting forward
08:06:17 <Stskeeps> ok
08:06:31 <Stskeeps> it doesn't happen on lenovo, does it?
08:06:56 <Sage> I would think it would as the image is same.
08:07:03 <Sage> but nobody has tested I guess
08:07:10 <Stskeeps> ok
08:07:22 * Stskeeps adds comment
08:07:33 <Stskeeps> #info needs testing outside exopc, on lenovo?
08:07:42 <Stskeeps> ok, next
08:07:56 <Stskeeps> #topic Bug 36 - DSME needs to be updated to newer version - https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=36
08:08:07 <Stskeeps> normal/task?
08:08:27 <Sage> yes, the mce update is required for newer MTF but this isn't AFAIK if the newer mce doesn't depend on it.
08:08:31 <Stskeeps> :nod:
08:08:43 <Stskeeps> i think marquiz was working on updating mce and dsme
08:08:46 <Sage> yes
08:08:47 <Stskeeps> so i'll assign to him
08:09:02 <Stskeeps> #info normal/task
08:09:09 <Stskeeps> #info assign to marquiz as he was looking into it
08:09:41 <Stskeeps> ok, next?
08:10:00 <Sage> sure
08:10:24 <Stskeeps> #topic Bug 3 - No alert tone for incoming SMS - https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3
08:10:47 <Sage> High - Major I would say.
08:10:59 <Stskeeps> yes, do we know more about the cause?
08:11:30 <Sage> not atm.
08:11:35 <veskuh> everything should be in place. It is just not working.
08:11:53 <Sage> I'm a bit concerned about the ofono atm. as it uses the n950 pluging on n900. but probably not the concern here.
08:12:19 <Stskeeps> wasn't there a ngfd thing too?
08:12:25 <Stskeeps> perhaps look into dbus-monitor ?
08:12:35 <Sage> we have very old ngfd not sure if that can be a problem or not
08:12:39 <Stskeeps> and see if it gets there
08:12:44 <Sage> but the newer version has been closed by nokia
08:12:45 <Stskeeps> #info high/major
08:13:07 <Stskeeps> #info newer version not public
08:14:12 <Stskeeps> needs more root causing i guess, veskuh, something you want to continue with or should one of us take it?
08:14:41 <veskuh> I can continue on this as I have spent a lot of time to study this already
08:14:43 <Stskeeps> ok
08:14:51 <Stskeeps> #info assign to veskuh
08:15:21 <Stskeeps> #topic Bug 48 - VKB does not open when closing HWKB while textfield has focus - https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=48
08:15:44 <veskuh> this is regression in maliit
08:15:46 <Stskeeps> [07:54] <mikhas> Not going to be here later, but I'll try to forward  https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=48 to someone from  our team.
08:16:04 <Stskeeps> #info mikhas will forward, assigning to him - normal/normal ?
08:16:13 <veskuh> ok
08:16:15 <Sage> sure
08:17:12 <Stskeeps> #topic Bug 4 - Dialer does not drop GL context when prestarted/in the background - https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=4
08:17:16 <Stskeeps> NEEDINFO?
08:17:34 <veskuh> Correct, I was not able to replicate on arm
08:17:42 <Stskeeps> k
08:17:46 <Stskeeps> #topic NEEDINFO from w00t
08:17:48 <Stskeeps> err..
08:17:51 <Stskeeps> #topic Bug 4 - Dialer does not drop GL context when prestarted/in the background - https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=4
08:17:58 <Stskeeps> #info NEEDINFO from w00t
08:18:21 <Sage> didn't someone patch this?
08:18:30 <Stskeeps> we need to verify it at least
08:18:43 <veskuh> Sage: i think the patch was to get it working in general
08:18:54 <veskuh> and there was specific problem that it did not seem to work for dialer
08:19:19 <Stskeeps> ok, moving on to next then
08:19:24 <Sage> ok
08:20:02 <Stskeeps> #topic Bug 49 - Incoming call and sms don't have sound and vibration alert - https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=49
08:20:09 <Stskeeps> same issue as 3, correctly marked as such
08:20:21 <Stskeeps> we can't say if it's duplicate yet
08:21:13 <veskuh> Yep, NEEDINFO for if the sound/theme was the reason that ringtone did not work
08:21:18 <Stskeeps> :nod:
08:21:29 <Stskeeps> #info NEEDINFO, probably same issue as NEMO#3
08:22:28 <Stskeeps> #topic Bug 13 - Charging not started -message after boot, Bug 13 - Charging not started -message after boot
08:22:57 <Stskeeps> what contextkit plugin do we use for n950 again?
08:23:16 <veskuh> I think that was on all platforms?
08:23:42 <Stskeeps> i guess it could be a systemui bug, or somehow race condition to get charging info?
08:24:27 <Sage> well, mirek said that this is a "feature" :)
08:24:46 <Sage> it happens with the Harmattan SDK as well said mirek IIRC.
08:24:50 <Stskeeps> ok
08:25:12 <Stskeeps> priority - low/normal?
08:25:12 <Sage> we should check how we could get rid of it though
08:25:17 <Stskeeps> it's annoying but not strictly deadly
08:25:22 <Stskeeps> as it works afterwards, afaik
08:25:26 * Sage agrees
08:25:38 <veskuh> ok
08:25:44 <Stskeeps> #info low/normal
08:25:59 <Stskeeps> #info needs root causing
08:26:19 <Stskeeps> #info assign to stskeeps (but expect first results after 28th)
08:27:34 <Stskeeps> #topic Bug 5 - No pin-query on startup - https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5
08:27:41 <Stskeeps> high/critical ?
08:27:54 <veskuh> That is my favourite. Happens like 1/5th of times
08:28:07 <Stskeeps> org.ofono.NetworkRegistration .GetProperties() failed:  "Method "GetProperties" with signature "" on interface "org.ofono.NetworkRegistration"
08:28:10 <Stskeeps> doesn't exist
08:28:40 <Stskeeps> #info high/critical
08:29:29 <Stskeeps> are we due for a ofono 1.0 upgrade?
08:29:47 <veskuh> why?
08:30:15 <Sage> The 1.0 update needs testing and some more patching.
08:30:18 <Stskeeps> ok
08:30:30 <Stskeeps> veskuh: well, it matters in case they've changed APIs and such or it's not hw related
08:30:41 <veskuh> No, why would we upgrade?
08:31:10 <Stskeeps> well, because mer core would eventually upgrade too
08:31:16 <Sage> our ofono is old and lacking behind from connman updates
08:31:41 <Stskeeps> but yeah, it's probably not related to pin query bug
08:32:02 <Sage> hmmp... ofono seems to have different systemd service in upstream than we have
08:32:38 <veskuh> Sage: Ok, that I can understand. I'm just a bit worried about the upgrades of keycomponents as we never seem to be able to fully stabilize the stack when something big changes.
08:32:47 <Sage> err. sry no it is the same.
08:33:55 <Stskeeps> :nod: it is a weighing - theoretically we can stick to a certain mer release if we want
08:34:09 <Sage> would be nice to get good way to reproduce this. Is it only N950 problem or happens with N900 as well?
08:35:05 <veskuh> Sage: I think I've seen this also on n900 but cannot be sure
08:35:15 <Stskeeps> veskuh: happens at cold boot always?
08:35:23 <Stskeeps> ie, no reboot
08:35:31 <veskuh> Stskeeps: probably
08:35:56 <Stskeeps> ok
08:36:12 <Stskeeps> i'll try to root cause this one as well
08:36:22 <Stskeeps> as i've seen it myself, i think
08:36:29 <Stskeeps> #info assign to stskeeps
08:36:57 <Stskeeps> #topic Bug 51 - Helium browser Issue - https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=51
08:37:20 <Stskeeps> normal/normal? ca-certificates missing perhaps? or just an unsupported feature?
08:37:21 <veskuh> NEEDINFO for redirect, download would be new task
08:37:31 <Stskeeps> ok
08:37:33 <veskuh> certificates are there and working
08:37:46 <Stskeeps> #info NEEDINFO for redirect, download bug would be new task bug
08:39:36 <Stskeeps> #topic Bug 16 - Setting time with Time & Date control panel does not work - https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=16
08:39:41 <Stskeeps> timed interface perhaps?
08:41:09 <Stskeeps> can we get .xsession-errors attached perhaps?
08:41:28 <veskuh> Stskeeps: Yep, I can do that.
08:41:46 <Stskeeps> ok,
08:41:52 <Stskeeps> #info NEEDINFO, get .xsession-errors
08:42:43 <Sage> this is well hard problem w00t already checked this and I did as well
08:42:43 <Stskeeps> #topic Bug 47 - Darko does not include sounds - https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=47
08:43:00 <xruxa> I can fix that
08:43:01 <Stskeeps> xruxa, your area?
08:43:02 <Stskeeps> ok
08:43:11 <veskuh> Maybe simple symlink?
08:43:15 <Stskeeps> #info assign to xrura
08:43:20 <Stskeeps> er, xruxa
08:43:21 <xruxa> as quickfix I will add the sounds (symlink?)
08:43:51 * xruxa not sure what his ID in new bugzilla is
08:44:09 <veskuh> lbt: ^
08:44:23 <Sage> well the proper fix would be that we would have only one sounds in base as default
08:44:30 <xruxa> Sage: yes
08:44:34 <Sage> and not having copy of them in each theme
08:44:43 <Stskeeps> xruxa: same as in bugs.merproject.org i think
08:44:58 <Sage> xruxa: symlink isn't good in this if it symlinks to another theme as then if the another theme is not there it fails
08:46:21 <Stskeeps> #topic Bug 25 - Can't scroll all the way to the bottom - https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=25
08:46:28 <Stskeeps> w00t: how is it going with qmlsms?
08:49:04 <veskuh> We have already seen that earlier, I think the rootcause lies within libmeegotouch, in some cases it just calculates hights of elements incorrectly (when there is pannable within pannable)
08:49:13 <Stskeeps> :nod:
08:50:09 <Stskeeps> any good way to deal with this bug as we're waiting for a replacement app?
08:50:19 <Sage> Just a FYI: our libmeegotouch is lacking a lot behind from the upstream.
08:50:24 <Stskeeps> true
08:50:44 <veskuh> In the summertime I tried few patches from upstream but was unable to fix the issue
08:52:13 <veskuh> Hackish solution would be to add certain amount of empty space at the bottom of the field to make sure that everthing is visible
08:53:44 <veskuh> but ok, after the SMS issue I can take again a look at this one. Assign to me.
08:54:00 <Stskeeps> #info assign to veskuh
08:54:03 <veskuh> normal/normal?
08:54:27 <Stskeeps> #info normal/normal
08:55:07 <Stskeeps> #topic Bug 9 - Battery indicator is not working -  https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9
08:55:28 <Stskeeps> #info assign to stskeeps
08:55:51 <Stskeeps> priority?
08:56:21 <Sage> error message:  "Could not get owner of name 'org.freedesktop.UPower': no such
08:56:24 <Sage> name"
08:56:28 <Stskeeps> that doesn't sound right
08:56:29 <veskuh> For everyday use this is important, high/normal
08:56:34 <Sage> umm.... are we missing upowerd daemon from N950?
08:56:49 <Sage> yes
08:56:58 <Sage> hmmp...
08:57:20 <Stskeeps> assign to sage then and re-evaluate?
08:57:21 <Stskeeps> :P
08:57:28 <Sage> veskuh: zypper install upower
08:57:35 <Stskeeps> #info assign to sage (missing upowerd daemon) and re-evaluate
08:57:46 <Sage> veskuh: let me know if that fixes it
08:57:52 <veskuh> Sage: ok
08:58:02 <Sage> and yes assign to me there is packaging problems probably
08:58:48 <Stskeeps> #topic Bug 17 - Brightness control panel does not work
08:58:58 <Stskeeps> https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=17
08:59:00 <Stskeeps> MCE related, maybe?
08:59:14 <Sage> yes, we need newer MCE
08:59:18 <Sage> should depend on that bug
08:59:28 <Stskeeps> #info need newer MCE
08:59:36 <Stskeeps> #info should depend on mce upgrade task
08:59:48 <Sage> we had patch that removed mce dep from there and well it breaks it :)
08:59:57 <Stskeeps> ah
09:00:06 <Stskeeps> #info patch exists in control panel to remove mce dep
09:00:17 <Sage> and removing the patch fails to build as it depends newer mce
09:00:18 <Stskeeps> priority high? power usage
09:00:43 <Sage> well, our screen still blanks so not nessessarily
09:00:51 <veskuh> Normal/Normal battery lasts quite well.
09:01:01 <Stskeeps> ok
09:01:24 <Stskeeps> #topic normal/normal
09:01:34 <veskuh> topic :)
09:01:43 <Stskeeps> @@
09:01:46 <Stskeeps> it's monday alright
09:01:50 <Stskeeps> #topic Bug 17 - Brightness control panel does not work
09:01:53 <Stskeeps> #info normal/normal
09:02:23 <Stskeeps> #topic Bug 27 - Photos does not show thumbnail grid of pictures - https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=27
09:02:32 <Stskeeps> low, task for new qml photogallery?
09:02:45 <veskuh> Stskeeps: yep
09:02:48 <Sage> :nod:
09:02:52 <veskuh> the code is a mess
09:03:01 <Stskeeps> ok
09:03:10 <Stskeeps> #info low, create task for new qml photogallery
09:03:40 <Stskeeps> #topic Bug 22 - Visible tearing on long lists and fast moving graphics - https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=22
09:03:58 <Stskeeps> #info assigned to stskeeps, we tried to upgrade fbdev-sgx and xorg-x11-server but no visible change
09:04:03 <Stskeeps> high?
09:04:19 <Sage> well, it is not that bad.
09:04:27 <Sage> IMO
09:04:37 <Sage> but I'm fine with that as well.
09:04:47 <veskuh> I'd like high
09:04:49 <Stskeeps> ok
09:04:52 <Stskeeps> #info high
09:05:31 <Stskeeps> (when are you guys going to lunch?)
09:05:39 <Stskeeps> just wondering how long we should continue meeting yet
09:06:00 <veskuh> We can timebox the meeting to one hour as we probably have work for the week already
09:06:04 <Stskeeps> yep
09:06:23 <Stskeeps> ok, let's finish up now then
09:06:23 <Sage> I would say continue :)
09:06:32 <veskuh> Thanks this was useful.
09:07:01 <Sage> btw, do we keep meeting next week?
09:07:02 <Stskeeps> btw, i'm gone from wednesday evening to 28th
09:07:33 <Stskeeps> well, is 2nd january a work day in .fi or how does it look?
09:07:42 <veskuh> yes it is
09:08:12 <Stskeeps> ok, let's make the triage on 2nd next?
09:08:24 <veskuh> yep
09:08:25 <Sage> sure
09:08:46 <iekku> will be there
09:08:52 <Stskeeps> #topic AOB
09:08:57 <Stskeeps> #info next triage on 2nd january
09:09:26 <Stskeeps> #endmeeting