11:11:44 <Stskeeps> #startmeeting
11:11:44 <MerBot> Meeting started Tue Dec 20 11:11:44 2011 UTC.  The chair is Stskeeps. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
11:11:44 <MerBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
11:11:46 <Stskeeps> #topic Status
11:12:31 <Stskeeps> so, we had a good bug triage meeting on monday, got about half-way in the current un-triaged bugs
11:13:59 <Stskeeps> on core side, we have a toolchain upgrade waiting, but it's fairly invasive so it's a bit delayed :)
11:14:35 <Stskeeps> new SB2 effort for cross compiling is going quite well, my Mer OBS, started this morning, built 110 out of 300 packages so far, with only one failure.
11:14:55 <veskuh> Does the SB2 improve compile times?
11:16:10 <Stskeeps> we are making things work first, then optimizing, but the setup is much simpler and easier to understand - but it is capable of accelerating many different areas
11:16:37 <veskuh> Good
11:18:39 <Stskeeps> other status'es?
11:18:50 <veskuh> For my part, I've been focusing on bug fixes and testing.
11:20:19 <Sage> I have the draft about introducing new adaptation to Nemo Mobile at http://pastie.org/3045781
11:20:43 <Sage> I wasn't able to put it to wiki as wiki fails on "out of captcha images; this shouldn't happen"
11:21:31 <Sage> Also updated most of the MTF packages in Project:MTF:* projects which introduce some regressions that needs to be fixed first before we can push those forward.
11:22:42 <Sage> Sent mail to mer-general about the new more detailed bugzilla entries http://www.mail-archive.com/mer-general@lists.merproject.org/msg00055.html
11:23:31 <Sage> and sent some package updates to Mer core just to get things a bit more up to date.
11:24:01 <Sage> And atm. fixing the problems with newer toolchain.
11:24:02 <Sage> (done)
11:24:05 <vgrade> marquiz has done work towards booting on N9, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T500ONx62ro, I need to get together with him to do more testing
11:24:45 <jukkaeklund> plus there is a way to dual boot on N950 as well, if I understood correctly?
11:24:47 <veskuh> vgrade: can you verify this fix while you test that: https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=33
11:25:16 <vgrade> veskuh, sure
11:25:26 <veskuh> thanks
11:25:38 <Sage> veskuh: ah, thanks for reminder :)
11:26:10 <vgrade> jukkaeklund, yes, details on marquiz meego wiki page
11:26:17 <jukkaeklund> yep
11:27:59 <jukkaeklund> not for N9 though, I'd like to test that
11:28:50 <Stskeeps> there seems to be a potential issue with frequencies after kexec at least
11:28:51 <vgrade> jukkaeklund, I can give let you know where we are offilne
11:30:05 <jukkaeklund> thanks, not urgent
11:32:28 <veskuh> Does anybody have good candidates for winter backgrounds? https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=44
11:33:13 <jukkaeklund> not much winter going on in Finland.. :|
11:33:42 <Sage> I have old picture probably at home. Not sure how good but I can upload so people can see.
11:34:20 <veskuh> Would be nice to have "christmas release" with winter background and darko as default theme
11:34:38 <jukkaeklund> oh yes
11:38:14 <jukkaeklund> Q: no extras/apps client on image?
11:38:48 <Sage> true
11:39:36 <Sage> there was a dep to some obsoleted intel component that we don't want to drag in as it drags a large bunch of others
11:39:50 <Sage> if someone cuts that dep then it is ok to add
11:40:10 <jukkaeklund> in the N9 client?
11:40:14 <veskuh> Sage: I think that was the old codebase, there was the harmattan client that was better
11:40:18 <veskuh> lbt and w00t took a look at that but i guess no progress as lbt was travelling and taking some time off.
11:40:33 <Sage> ah, forgot that
11:41:07 <jukkaeklund> the harmattan client is nice, hope to see that
11:41:19 <veskuh> jukkaeklund: feel free to file a bug as a reminder :)
11:41:23 <jukkaeklund> yep
11:41:31 <lbt> yeah the N9 client uses the wrong package management stuff
11:41:48 <lbt> it needs a rewrite rather than a build
11:42:11 <lbt> getting the meego client to run is more likely
11:42:14 <veskuh> Ideally UI from N9 cleint and backend from meego.com ?
11:42:37 <lbt> possible - but it'd be pretty much a new app
11:42:42 <veskuh> yep
11:43:00 <veskuh> and unfortunately still UI and backends are typically far too tightly married
11:44:29 <jukkaeklund> "new" client sounds like a good project for devaamo
11:45:23 <veskuh> jukkaeklund: all new apps are welcome :)
11:45:37 <jukkaeklund> sure, and app ideas
11:47:18 <veskuh> Sage: I guess there was no feedback about you changelog format proposal?
11:47:53 <Sage> veskuh: no feedback so I assume that it was ok :)
11:48:09 <veskuh> Silence is stamp of approval :)
11:48:22 <veskuh> So you'll put it to wiki then?
11:48:40 * Sage goes to file wiki bugs
11:51:58 <Stskeeps> anything else?
11:53:04 <veskuh> There was the other Sage's process proposal (new HW)
11:54:00 <Stskeeps> seemed fine with me
11:54:16 <veskuh> Basics look fine, only thing I'm a bit thinking about is the image creation part.
11:54:31 <veskuh> Should the maintainer of new adaptation make the image for that adaptation?
11:54:44 <veskuh> I mean the regular releases.
11:55:08 <veskuh> Or perhaps that should be decided case-by-case
11:55:12 <veskuh> and see how it goes
11:56:26 <Sage> well, we need quite detailed guide for that then.
11:56:50 * Sage would like to see the automated image builds soonish :)
11:58:02 <Stskeeps> :nod:
11:58:30 <veskuh> yep, that would be good.
11:59:13 <veskuh> Ok, that was my concern, for the proposal in general I'm fine with it now.
11:59:51 <Stskeeps> alright, think our time is up - thank you all for coming
12:00:00 <veskuh> next meeting?
12:00:22 <Sage> 2nd of January?
12:00:39 <Sage> I'm personally probably not able to attend next week.
12:00:56 <Sage> Maybe with my phone but not sure :)
12:01:15 <veskuh> bugtriage 2nd january yes. Would make sense to also skip next weeks SG and have that at 3rd of Jan
12:01:40 <jukkaeklund> yep
12:03:26 <Stskeeps> #info next week's SG skipped, next 3rd January, bug triage at 2nd january
12:04:04 <Sage> ok
12:04:17 <Stskeeps> #endmeeting