12:03:46 <Stskeeps> #startmeeting Mer bug triage 16/1/2012
12:03:46 <MerBot> Meeting started Mon Jan 16 12:03:46 2012 UTC.  The chair is Stskeeps. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
12:03:46 <MerBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
12:03:50 <Sage> lol :)
12:04:12 <Stskeeps> this is the search we'll be going through: https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&emailassigned_to1=1&order=Bug%20Number&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=trivial&bug_severity=enhancement&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=TRIAGEDUPSTREAM&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=need-triage&emailtype1=substring
12:04:32 * lbt will edit bz as we go
12:04:50 <Stskeeps> if you want to take on a bug, just indicate while we're going through the bug. some bugs will be converted into tasks as well, generally we want to put priority on these bugs :)
12:05:25 <lbt> Stskeeps: that list seems incomplete
12:05:37 <lbt> tasks are missing
12:05:54 <Stskeeps> we go through bugs for the moment
12:06:30 <lbt> ok ... I have logged 'bugs' which I know are going to be tasks....
12:06:35 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=97 - Process to track upstream releases (cf debian)
12:07:01 <Stskeeps> -> "Create process..", task, medium priority i'd say as it can lower the amount of effort needed for whole project
12:07:27 <Stskeeps> (also, if you have any objections, also raise them during the bug)
12:08:17 <lbt> yep
12:08:27 <Stskeeps> this bug is basically that we need to be able to automatically get signaled when a new upstream release appears and that we're out of sync
12:09:03 <lbt> yes - I also noticed that spectacle does something in this area too
12:09:12 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=99 - Bug 99 - No proper information shown when package doesn't provide all needed packages
12:09:21 <Stskeeps> this is medium priority as well, assign to me, a genuine bug
12:09:37 <Stskeeps> basically we don't extract -why- it's unresolvable in the contribution process
12:10:26 <lbt> seems like a good boss edit task
12:10:33 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=101 -  Need kickstart templates for vendors to derive from
12:10:36 <lbt> thinking of me or phaeron
12:10:41 <Stskeeps> ok, feel free to take it as well
12:10:51 <Stskeeps> this one i've been working on, related to kickstarter
12:10:58 <Stskeeps> so assign to me, it should be a task
12:11:01 <Stskeeps> high
12:11:03 <Stskeeps> ?
12:11:52 <lbt> yes
12:11:55 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=102 - tar.gz releases of core per release
12:12:04 <Stskeeps> should depend on 101
12:12:29 <Stskeeps> also high, as it impacts general porting of mer
12:12:34 <Sage> so this is only core without hw adaptation?
12:12:40 <Stskeeps> right
12:12:42 <Sage> k
12:12:55 <lbt> what's in it?
12:12:58 <lbt> rootfs?
12:13:04 <Sage> my next question as well
12:13:05 <lbt> or rpms
12:13:08 <Stskeeps> yeah, @Mer Core/Base, maybe a little more
12:13:11 <Stskeeps> i think we'll have a few variants
12:13:14 <Stskeeps> rootfs
12:13:21 <Sage> Xorg, qt ?
12:13:28 <Stskeeps> for example, as one type of image
12:13:32 <Sage> ok
12:13:56 <Stskeeps> task as well?
12:14:08 <Stskeeps> i think this reasonably depends on IMG as well?
12:14:22 <lbt> yes it does
12:14:53 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=103 - rootfs builds in integration testing/gerrit changes
12:14:54 <lbt> boss process driven?
12:14:57 <Stskeeps> right
12:15:28 <Stskeeps> at first we'll do it with 'just' .ks'es at first
12:15:52 <lbt> makes sense
12:16:04 <Stskeeps> this one is connected to the others and IMG for sure
12:16:25 <Stskeeps> medium priority as it is a bit of QA and involves a fair bit of work
12:16:33 <Stskeeps> maybe should be split into sub-tasks
12:17:16 <lbt> priority doesn't depend on 'cost'
12:17:21 <Stskeeps> true
12:17:28 <Stskeeps> but still, not that essential right now
12:18:11 <lbt> it 'comes for free' with IMG
12:18:13 <lbt> almost :)
12:18:23 <Stskeeps> FYI: this is the idea to build automatic throw-away images based on individual gerrit changes, so we can check if they break anything
12:18:40 <lbt> all arches?
12:18:43 <Stskeeps> right
12:19:02 <Stskeeps> http://mer.bfst.de/meetings/mer-meeting/2012/mer-meeting.2012-01-16-12.03.log.txt if you'd like to see the log of the meeting so far
12:19:07 <Stskeeps> -> sonach:
12:19:27 <Stskeeps> lbt: this also expands into possible simple validation on emulators
12:19:27 <sonach> OK, thanks,
12:19:43 <lbt> yes, I was hoping so
12:19:56 <Stskeeps> also, task?
12:20:06 <lbt> yes
12:20:13 <Stskeeps> #topic get rid of dependency on meego.com repositories for bootstrapping/tools  - https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=104
12:20:19 <Stskeeps> this comes a bit with the SDK effort
12:20:27 <Stskeeps> er, platform SDK effort
12:20:32 <Stskeeps> so we should chain that in somehow
12:21:11 <Stskeeps> given that tizen now has been published and we're likely to do more changes to mer rpm configuration etc, we should make this at least medium priority
12:21:14 <Stskeeps> , and a task
12:21:18 <lbt> I'm working through the image generation
12:21:29 <lbt> and the first step is a mic bootstrap I think
12:21:34 <Stskeeps> right
12:21:42 <Sage> tizen tools use still meego as bootstrap btw
12:21:44 <lbt> I suggest we make this high
12:21:51 <Stskeeps> ok
12:21:56 <lbt> and scope it as "Identify dependencies and allocate as blocking bugs"
12:22:00 <lbt> so it's only a short task
12:22:03 <Stskeeps> ok
12:22:12 <lbt> assign me and I'll arrange a brainstorm
12:22:15 <Stskeeps> k
12:22:16 <Sage> https://github.com/jfding/mic/blob/master/distfiles/mic.conf#L29
12:22:35 <Sage> that is the new mic
12:22:50 <Stskeeps> ok
12:23:10 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=105 - Provide something like "make world"
12:23:19 <Stskeeps> low priority, more of a core/build vision, task?
12:24:06 <lbt> aligned with SDK
12:24:17 <lbt> actually it's a requirement isn't i
12:24:19 <lbt> t
12:24:26 <Stskeeps> no, this is something else
12:24:44 <Stskeeps> this is the ability to take entire mer core and effectively 'make' it
12:24:48 <lbt> yes
12:25:00 <Stskeeps> would be useful in sdk but more of a global thing
12:25:08 <lbt> but it makes sense that the "osc/mic chroot" is where you'd put the code and type "go"
12:25:23 <Stskeeps> ah, no.. but let's take that discussion offline
12:25:26 <lbt> OK
12:25:30 <Stskeeps> i need to explain myself better in the bug
12:25:46 * Sage thinks description edit would be nice feature
12:25:49 <Sage> in bz
12:25:56 <lbt> yeah ...it must be a plugin
12:25:58 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=106 - support osc mv and support preservation of CI and B counts on a project.
12:26:01 <lbt> we had it in Nokia
12:26:10 <Stskeeps> task? low-medium priority?
12:26:44 <Sage> new feature so I would say task
12:27:04 * lbt votes low .. Sage may have more need
12:27:16 <Sage> not really no. nice to have mainly
12:27:28 <Sage> happens so rarely that doesn't block
12:27:35 <Stskeeps> ok, so low
12:28:09 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=107 - support preservation of CI and B counts over remote project links
12:28:14 * lbt hasn't been checking product/component
12:28:24 <Stskeeps> .. i thought it does that already?
12:28:46 <lbt> phaeron said it didn't
12:28:57 <lbt> iirc in the sdk meeting
12:29:19 <Stskeeps> ok, i thought it worked at least, at least from what i recall from the protocol
12:29:21 <lbt> assign phaeron?
12:29:27 <Stskeeps> fakeobs gives rev/vrev
12:30:40 <Stskeeps> low?
12:30:48 <lbt> low/task allocated to phaeron for verification
12:30:53 <Stskeeps> ok
12:31:33 <Stskeeps> #topic Ensure changelogs meet the Mer policy - https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=108
12:31:36 <lbt> ah yes.... these are part of the move to sane version numbers :)
12:31:46 <Stskeeps> .. we should probably actually have the policy somewhere
12:31:51 <Stskeeps> copy-paste packaging/guidelines?
12:31:59 <lbt> yes... and that's part of https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=91
12:32:04 <Stskeeps> but yes, pre-checks before builds occour in process is needed
12:32:07 <Stskeeps> not just in changelogs
12:32:18 <Stskeeps> medium?
12:33:00 <lbt> OK
12:33:11 <lbt> I'd like to move to the new versioning ASAP
12:33:24 <Stskeeps> :nod:
12:33:25 <lbt> but it's going to be some work
12:33:43 <lbt> and docs are higher prio just now
12:33:46 <Stskeeps> right
12:33:54 <Stskeeps> #topic Provide an rpm lua macro to get Version/Release from .changes entry - https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=109
12:34:00 <Stskeeps> prio similar to 91?
12:34:11 <Stskeeps> oh, and these should be taks
12:34:12 <Stskeeps> tasks
12:34:14 <lbt> yes
12:35:29 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=110 - Update specify to deprecate Version and Release
12:35:32 <Stskeeps> same
12:35:45 <lbt> yeah you missed 109
12:35:54 <lbt> which I'd already set to task :)
12:36:08 <Stskeeps> i didn't, it was in topic just before :P
12:36:23 <lbt> oh ... yeah ... oops
12:36:41 <Stskeeps> #topic update dist.sh to ensure Release: and Version: are not macros - https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=111
12:36:44 <Stskeeps> same?
12:36:51 <lbt> ye[
12:36:53 <lbt> yep
12:37:08 <Stskeeps> #topic Update to all core packages to bring spec and changelog in line with version policy - https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=112
12:37:26 <Stskeeps> same - we can do this with a mass push to packages likely (temporarily open ability to do this)
12:37:54 <lbt> yep - and the dependency tree isn't accurate but ... not important
12:37:54 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=113 - Changelog entry creation plugin for osc
12:38:07 <Stskeeps> this should be patching osc vc instead
12:38:40 <Stskeeps> and same prio/task as 91
12:39:05 <lbt> I wasn't sure if vc was the answer
12:39:17 <lbt> is it upstream?
12:39:30 <lbt> this is a mer-specific plugin I think
12:39:44 <Stskeeps> it's upstream, but supports multiple changelog formats
12:39:50 <lbt> OK... fine
12:40:30 <lbt> "Agree to try to push support to upstream vc as it supports multiple changelog formats."
12:40:35 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=115 - sensorfw test packages require testrunner-lite which is not available
12:41:01 <lbt> not in Mer tools area?
12:41:14 <Stskeeps> this one is interesting as testrunner-lite is drying up, and i'm not sure if testrunner-lite and tests is should be part of core or not
12:41:22 <Sage> mer packaging bug or missing package depends how we want to fix it
12:41:28 <Stskeeps> assign to me and i'll figure out something
12:41:42 <lbt> high?
12:41:45 <lbt> it's blocking?
12:41:59 <Stskeeps> low, annoyance but not truly blocking
12:42:27 <Sage> not blocking
12:42:33 <lbt> ah it's only -tests
12:42:53 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=116 - Removing nano generates warning in post scripts
12:42:59 <Stskeeps> is this on a --nodocs setup?
12:43:12 <Stskeeps> ie, %packages --nodocs or whatitiscalled
12:43:38 <Sage> no it is in generic process
12:43:46 <Sage> just install and remove package and you get that error
12:43:54 <Stskeeps> ok
12:44:00 <Stskeeps> assign over to me
12:44:08 <Stskeeps> unless anyone else want to take a peek at it?
12:44:20 <lbt> you can leave it not-taken
12:44:26 <Stskeeps> ok
12:44:37 <lbt> low?
12:44:37 <Stskeeps> low prio
12:44:53 <Stskeeps> just a warning
12:45:56 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=123 - Mer HA templates based on generic ATI/AMD Radeon and NVidia (probably Ion)
12:46:10 <Stskeeps> while technically outside the project core, we should motivate this project to be created
12:46:22 <lbt> yes, it's certainly not core
12:46:24 <Stskeeps> so at least medium priority
12:46:35 <Stskeeps> task?
12:46:52 <lbt> yeah
12:47:05 <lbt> so should this be on c.obs
12:47:24 <lbt> (in anticipation for mer cobs eventually)
12:47:25 <Stskeeps> anywhere, just ought to exist
12:47:40 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=124 - Specifying raw image format adds syslinux + syslinux-extlinux to the package list
12:47:43 <Stskeeps> mic or mic2?
12:48:13 <lbt> mic2
12:48:42 <Stskeeps> low, as technically mic has syslinux as a dependancy.. like, if you check alldeps
12:48:52 <Stskeeps> it's a bit redundant with raw, though
12:49:02 <lbt> mmm
12:49:10 <lbt> it wants it in core
12:49:56 <lbt> and the problem here is that when a vendor tries to make a raw image ... it fails
12:50:00 <Stskeeps> :nod:
12:50:07 <lbt> so not low
12:50:20 <lbt> although I agree we have no vendor using it
12:50:21 <Stskeeps> ok, medium
12:50:22 <lbt> so not high
12:51:03 <lbt> how do we fix it?
12:51:11 <Stskeeps> check image type
12:51:12 <lbt> provide a mer:tools
12:51:24 <lbt> with a patched version
12:51:26 <Stskeeps> yeah, platform sdk would contain it for sure
12:51:44 <Stskeeps> also we need to see if 'mic' has it
12:51:50 <lbt> mic3 ?
12:51:56 <Stskeeps> well
12:51:57 <lbt> :P
12:51:57 <Stskeeps> 'mic'.
12:51:58 <Stskeeps> :P
12:52:10 <lbt> tic?
12:52:24 <lbt> moving on
12:53:32 <Stskeeps> anyway, that was last bug.. i think since we have some undecided task bugs we'll quickly run through those
12:53:37 <lbt> 98
12:53:54 <lbt> 114
12:54:02 <Stskeeps> https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?priority=Undecided&emailassigned_to1=1&query_format=advanced&bug_severity=task&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=need-triage&emailtype1=substring
12:54:05 <lbt> 121
12:54:06 <Stskeeps> right
12:54:39 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=98 - Upgrade Python to 2.7
12:54:50 <lbt> https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?emailassigned_to1=1&query_format=advanced&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=need-triage&known_name=Need%20Triage&query_based_on=Need%20Triage&emailtype1=substring
12:54:55 <Stskeeps> medium priority, deps on 121 (upgrade libffi to 3.0.10)
12:54:56 <lbt> catches 117 too
12:55:12 <Stskeeps> ok
12:56:15 <lbt> vgrade: taking it?
12:56:27 <Stskeeps> i think letters.* from mailing list would probably take it
12:56:38 <lbt> ok ... not-taken for now
12:56:49 <Stskeeps> see 122
12:56:55 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=114 - Upgrade to systemd 38
12:57:20 <Stskeeps> medium priority, we should try to stay close to upstream as it makes life easier, usually
12:58:29 <Sage> I had this in my prj already but didn't finish the packaging
12:58:35 <Stskeeps> ok
12:58:36 <Sage> playing with udev atm.
12:58:45 <Sage> I can probably take this one if nobody else is interested
12:58:58 <Stskeeps> #topic Bug 117 - Update wiki with new mic installation details - https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=117
12:59:02 <Stskeeps> high priority?
12:59:18 <lbt> yes
12:59:28 <lbt> depends on something
12:59:39 <lbt> either SDK or Mer:tools
12:59:40 <Stskeeps> probably should, yeah
12:59:43 <Stskeeps> mer:tools
12:59:59 <lbt> is that a task...
13:00:01 <lbt> looks
13:00:06 <Stskeeps> yes
13:00:11 <Stskeeps> we're doing tasks atm..
13:00:12 <Stskeeps> :P
13:00:22 <lbt> *g*
13:00:26 <lbt> I meant is mer
13:00:34 <lbt> :tools a task I can depends on
13:00:39 <Stskeeps> right
13:00:47 <Stskeeps> it should be but i don't know if it exists
13:00:51 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=121 - upgrade libffi to 3.0.10
13:00:54 <lbt> I don't see it
13:01:57 <Stskeeps> high, considering it has some vital ARM fixes
13:01:58 <Sage> thre was submit done for this already in gerrit
13:02:06 <Stskeeps> there was?
13:02:10 <Sage> hwoever there was at least .changes missing from this
13:02:12 <Stskeeps> ah
13:02:27 <Sage> http://review.merproject.org/#change,311
13:03:11 <Stskeeps> ok, so ask the submitter to assign to himself
13:03:25 <Stskeeps> and add the review url in there
13:03:46 <lbt> done already :)
13:03:56 <Stskeeps> okay, that's it for today
13:04:26 <Stskeeps> i'll send out prioritised task list after this meeting when lbt indicates he has done the changes to the bugs
13:04:29 <Stskeeps> thank you all for coming
13:04:40 <lbt> all done already
13:04:41 <Stskeeps> #endmeeting