11:03:12 <stskeepsie> #startmeeting Nemo steering group meeting
11:03:12 <MerBot> Meeting started Tue Jan 17 11:03:12 2012 UTC.  The chair is stskeepsie. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
11:03:12 <MerBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
11:03:42 <stskeepsie> welcome to another week of nemo steering group meeting, i'm a little limited by that my server just crashed 5 minutes before the meeting, so bear with my slowness :)
11:03:45 <stskeepsie> #topic Status
11:04:49 <stskeepsie> Mer core still approaching, we decided to include qt 4.8.0 and qtwebkit 2.2.1
11:04:57 <stskeepsie> so we have (finally) a stable non-rc version
11:05:18 <veskuh> #info Mer core still approaching, we decided to include qt 4.8.0 and qtwebkit 2.2.1
11:05:21 <w00t> (theoretically stable... ;))
11:05:56 <stskeepsie> yesterday i put out a post about bootstrapping Mer governance, http://www.mail-archive.com/mer-general@lists.merproject.org/msg00131.html
11:06:13 <stskeepsie> and we should probably before 31st january choose a representative for the Mer advisory board from Nemo Mobile POV
11:06:21 <veskuh> #info Mer governance  http://www.mail-archive.com/mer-general@lists.merproject.org/msg00131.html
11:06:42 <stskeepsie> any comments on the structure/governance is of course welcome on the mailing list
11:07:19 <veskuh> Looks fine.
11:08:13 <veskuh> So we have two weeks and this starts beginning of feb?
11:08:19 <stskeepsie> right
11:08:27 <stskeepsie> seat's reserved
11:10:23 <Sage> so this next mer release is to be released on Thursday if nothing bad is found from prerelease?
12:05:30 <Stskeeps> .. okay
12:05:32 <Stskeeps> right on time ;)
12:05:33 <lbt> :)
12:05:36 <Stskeeps> #endmeeting
12:05:50 <lbt> stateful in memory ... tut tut
12:05:56 <MerBot> Stskeeps: Error: Can't start another meeting, one is in progress.
12:06:07 <Stskeeps> oh ffs
12:06:12 <lbt> nope... just broken
12:07:11 <Stskeeps> okay, anyway, let's go through a quick status of release management and release planning
12:07:40 <Stskeeps> i'm planning a new prerelease of Mer tomorrow hopefully, which will include a bunch of changes, including speedup in symbol lookup and Qt 4.8.0 and qtwebkit 2.2.1
12:08:21 <Stskeeps> dm8tbr: could you reboot merbot? it's stuck in a meeting
12:09:17 <Stskeeps> i've been working on new ways of preparing and sharing Mer image descriptions, both the core, hardware adaptations, UX, in order to be able to have a feeling of just pulling additions to your product off a shelf
12:10:12 <Stskeeps> http://releases.merproject.org/~carsten/mer-kickstarter-configs/ is an example, mer/ contains descriptions of the core that people can derive from, includes repository information, basic settings, etc. mer-reference-images is the images that will be included with mer release, useful for hardware porting, or as examples for your product
12:10:24 <Stskeeps> and ks/ is the outputted kickstart files (still some bugs to fix)
12:10:53 <Stskeeps> i also started documenting the kickstarter format on wiki
12:10:58 <Stskeeps> .. what about the rest of you?
12:11:16 <lbt> This is good - fits right alongside the work I'm doing on getting systems setup and actually starting a new product
12:11:59 <lbt> I'm using the Joggler as a product (it's an Atom powered Openframe pictureframe)
12:12:03 <sonach> StsKeeps: this work is very useful for me:)
12:12:31 <Stskeeps> yes, for all of us
12:12:32 <lbt> this is helping get the kernel packaging setup and I'm also going through some first-mer-boot docs too
12:12:55 <lbt> I'm not yet at the stage where I'm pulling in updates but it's on the plan
12:13:23 <lbt> essentially I'm going to do "a day/week/month,,, in the life of a vendor"
12:13:42 <lbt> to go through all the things like integrating a new Mer release
12:14:03 <lbt> or managing an old internal release after Mer has been updated
12:14:24 <lbt> bug submission and tracking ... whilst keeping my bug 'private'
12:14:49 <lbt> so tbh a lot of this is spread out as bullet points and notes at the moment :)
12:15:08 <lbt> I hope to get the first bit up this week
12:15:08 <Stskeeps> we should probably do a handbook outline or something
12:15:29 <lbt> yeah ... I also have that "concept index" I'm working on too
12:15:49 <lbt> but a handbook is another way to look at the "day in the life of"
12:16:04 <lbt> (you could also call it process documentation :) )
12:16:18 <Stskeeps> :nod:
12:16:50 <lbt> I need to make some time to look at infra too
12:16:56 <lbt> there's a fair backlog there now
12:17:04 <lbt> but I think phaeron can help out there
12:17:47 <lbt> ok... done until I remember something else
12:17:57 <sonach> lbt: I think we all know the basic steps of building. Maybe the handbook should focus on some important points.
12:18:10 <lbt> sonach: suggestions welcome
12:18:26 <lbt> especially for prioritisation of docs
12:20:01 <Stskeeps> or what docs are missing :)
12:20:17 <sonach> For me now, I am porting Mer to my platform. I can get sources of bootloader and linux kernel of the platform. But I don't know how to config/package/...
12:20:37 <lbt> right
12:20:44 <lbt> I have docs on exactly that
12:21:27 <lbt> I'm doing a small tool that will check your .config and say "you need CONFIG_AUTOFS" .... because systemd needs it
12:21:44 <lbt> http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptation_Guide#Kernel
12:21:59 <lbt> is that what you meant sonach ?
12:22:41 <Stskeeps> but also how to package a kernel, i presume
12:22:54 <sonach> lbt: Yes! It seems good to me:)
12:23:06 <lbt> Stskeeps: got that covered too
12:23:35 <lbt> you need a git tree with a set of commits and a baseline tag
12:23:48 <lbt> it prepares a .yaml section for the patches
12:23:54 <lbt> and all the patches etc
12:24:13 <Stskeeps> lbt: just remember that that's not a typical scenario for someone getting a reference board, a tarball is
12:24:27 <lbt> ... worst case you feed it a tarball
12:24:29 <Stskeeps> ok
12:25:02 <lbt> I'm sure sonach has a nice kernel git tree though ... :D
12:25:51 <Stskeeps> so, my goal is that the kickstarter stuff is in next mer kernel so we can start using that
12:26:11 <sonach> lbt: No git tree, but source code in a tarbar privided by the vendor.
12:26:46 <lbt> sonach: *grin* .... I'm sure we'll manage
12:27:55 <Stskeeps> right, anything else to report?
12:28:48 <lbt> we have a week and a bit to FOSDEM
12:29:37 <lbt> err, no 2 weeks... nm
12:30:02 <lbt> nothing from me
12:30:51 <Stskeeps> ok, thank you all for coming
12:30:57 <sonach> Stskeeps: Where can I report my porting process? to the mailing-list?
12:31:49 <Stskeeps> yes, if you have any questions or the likes or want to share experiences, mailing list is good
12:31:56 <Stskeeps> even asking where documentation for things is
12:32:25 <lbt> and if you have any issues to discuss then raising them here is fine as well
12:32:30 <sonach> OK.
12:32:54 <sonach> nothing from me
06:53:04 <Stskeeps> #endmeeting
06:53:15 <MerBot> Stskeeps: Error: Can't start another meeting, one is in progress.
06:59:17 <dm8tbr> #endmeeting