12:02:38 <lbt> #startmeeting
12:02:38 <MerBot`> Meeting started Mon Jan 30 12:02:38 2012 UTC.  The chair is lbt. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
12:02:38 <MerBot`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
12:02:52 <lbt> Morning all
12:03:22 <lbt> Stskeeps may well be afk so I'll run today's triage
12:03:58 <lbt> quick role call before we start...
12:04:47 <lbt> nb ... 2 mins late start as the doorbell rang and the T-shirts arrived :)
12:07:29 <lbt> OK we'll wait 10min for buses to arrive - say hi if you come in
12:07:51 <Sage> o/
12:07:56 <Sage> sry a bit late
12:08:14 <lbt> np phaeron is on the bus ... ETA 10m if that's OK?
12:08:26 <Sage> k
12:27:15 * lbt thinks the bus may have crashed...
12:27:53 <Sage> :P
12:27:57 <Sage> 21
12:28:17 <lbt> or is coming from so far away and going so fast that 10min subjective time is really stretching out
12:29:14 <lbt> Sage: do you have any time pressure? or shall we keep waiting?
12:31:01 <Sage> no rush from my pov
12:31:16 <lbt> ok - just checking
12:34:35 <lbt> hey....
12:34:50 <lbt> let's kick off then
12:34:55 <lbt> #info We'll start with the bugs: https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?emailassigned_to1=1&query_format=advanced&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=trivial&bug_severity=enhancement&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=TRIAGEDUPSTREAM&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=need-triage&emailtype1=substring
12:35:17 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=133 - No clear process to submit a new package
12:35:38 <lbt> actually I think I did this so I should close it
12:35:49 <phaeron> looking
12:37:00 <Sage> looks ok
12:37:04 <Sage> haven't tested though
12:37:06 <phaeron> ok so there's a page but it needs clarification
12:37:40 <lbt> http://wiki.merproject.org/index.php?title=Contribution_in_Detail#New_Packages
12:37:58 <lbt> so I'll close it and allow bugs to be reported or the wiki to be edited
12:37:59 <Sage> I would say that the page full fills the bug.
12:38:06 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=134 - rpm test cases require fakechroot
12:38:51 <lbt> This sounds normal to me
12:39:35 <lbt> "Normal until QA issues are causing delays." ?
12:40:02 <phaeron> so I guess this bug is for adding a new package ? :D
12:40:57 <lbt> not heard of fakechroot
12:41:07 <lbt> but I guess so
12:41:09 <phaeron> maybe he means fakeroot ?
12:41:48 <lbt> both exist
12:41:50 * phaeron really needs coffee
12:41:54 <lbt> anyhow
12:42:09 * Stskeeps means fakechroot
12:42:19 <phaeron> ok :)
12:42:33 <lbt> task then
12:42:44 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=135 - prelink depends on gawk but it should depend on /bin/awk
12:42:51 <Stskeeps> bug, the testcase doesn't work without it
12:42:53 <Stskeeps> (imho)
12:43:29 <Sage> agree
12:43:33 <lbt> (bug then)
12:44:00 <lbt> low?
12:44:36 <Stskeeps> 135 blocks busybox replacements
12:44:42 <Stskeeps> 134 is low
12:46:09 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=139 - catch pkgconfig .pc files not in -devel subpackage
12:46:54 <lbt> this seems low
12:47:21 <lbt> but I'd like to link some of the low bugs like this to a broader one
12:47:32 <Sage> can be assigned to me, I submitted fixes to two packages already and haven't faced more.
12:47:37 <lbt> that way they a) get tackled together and b) don't get missed
12:47:51 <Sage> err
12:48:00 <Sage> wrong bug, don't assign to me :)
12:48:59 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=140 - systemd-tmpfiles nonexistent utmp group
12:49:05 <lbt> this one?
12:49:52 <Sage> I have libutempter packaged in Nemo and if that is needed I can push it to Mer
12:49:57 <lbt> Stskeeps ... that's a question for you
12:50:15 <Stskeeps> if systemd is missing something, shipit to mer
12:50:49 <Sage> can be assigned to me. I'm working with systemd anyway atm. and have the required package ready as well.
12:51:25 <lbt> normal - mainly so it sits higher in your list
12:51:56 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=141 - Updating connman package over SSH breaks connection
12:52:07 <Sage> very annoying bug when doing updates
12:52:33 <lbt> that shouldn't happen
12:52:47 <lbt> systemd?
12:52:54 <lbt> killing all children?
12:52:54 <Sage> for this we might need to patch spectacle as it defaults to the current systemd %post %postun and %pre cmds
12:53:31 <lbt> high or normal?
12:54:16 <Sage> I would say high as we do releases almost weekly anyway
12:54:42 <lbt> do we know what happens?
12:54:51 <Sage> workaround for this is to run zypper update inside screen so the update process isn't interrupted even if connection breaks
12:54:52 <lbt> eg sshd killed or tcp connection breaks and ssh dies
12:54:55 <lbt> yeah
12:55:14 <Sage> what happens is that connman has %post/postun script that tells it to shutdown on update I guess
12:56:06 <Sage> probably should be renamed "updating connman package breaks network connection during update" or something
12:56:42 <lbt> ssh is a good word to find bug
12:57:04 <lbt> high/major
12:57:11 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=142 - giflib contains a timestamp
12:57:37 <Sage> causes rebuilds normal?
12:57:53 <lbt> sure
12:58:14 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=143 - vim contains timestamps
12:58:39 <lbt> same
12:58:40 <lbt> ish
12:59:08 <lbt> OK ... that was the last bug
12:59:16 <lbt> #info Moving on to tasks: https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?emailassigned_to1=1&query_format=advanced&bug_severity=task&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=TRIAGEDUPSTREAM&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=need-triage&emailtype1=substring
12:59:27 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=144 - Provide ARMv7 Thumb2 optimized builds of Mer
12:59:50 <lbt> since Stskeeps raised it I guess he thinks it's OK
13:00:16 <lbt> normal
13:00:26 <Stskeeps> linaro has a 32mb compressed rootfs -with- gnu coreutils, i think thumb2 is part reason
13:00:29 <Stskeeps> :P
13:00:56 <lbt> that's worthwhile then
13:01:13 * lbt looks at build farm
13:01:31 <Stskeeps> if we can do it in some way that it's just a layer on top of core:armv7l, that'd be good
13:01:41 <Stskeeps> ie, no independent rebuilds
13:01:41 <lbt> *nod*
13:02:03 <lbt> I have a task to do with MDS which needs a description of the various build targets
13:02:12 <lbt> but .... #mer
13:02:23 <lbt> We're done on the bugs etc
13:02:31 <lbt> any other issues?
13:02:56 <lbt> OK .... then cheers everyone :)
13:02:59 <lbt> #endmeeting