12:04:08 <Stskeeps> #startmeeting Mer release management meeting 7/2/2012
12:04:08 <MerBot`> Meeting started Tue Feb  7 12:04:08 2012 UTC.  The chair is Stskeeps. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
12:04:08 <MerBot`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
12:05:02 <Stskeeps> well, 20120209.1 release is moving ahead but i'm a bit afraid i might miss the target
12:05:09 <Stskeeps> we also need to patch COBS with SB2-OBS
12:05:59 <Stskeeps> http://pastie.org/3333893 is so far the changelog for 09.1
12:06:20 <Stskeeps> and i'm spending some time cleaning up the old cross compile approach so it's easier to understand
12:06:28 <Stskeeps> ie, the cross compilation in mer now
12:07:53 <Stskeeps> from sb2-obs side i had a good talk with adrianS from obs and he was impressed with the ability and performance/stability of it
12:08:00 <Stskeeps> so we shouldn't have a too difficult time getting it merged upstream
12:08:14 <Stskeeps> i can as well now accelerate autoconf/automake
12:08:35 <Stskeeps> .. anyone else?
12:09:15 <lbt> I got back into the infra last week and began the IMG setup
12:09:38 <lbt> a few rabbit holes there but that machine is now ready and I need to finalise IMG config
12:09:44 <Stskeeps> :nod:
12:10:19 <lbt> otherwise I don't have a list of things since last time to hand - sorry
12:10:24 <Stskeeps> also, i had to revert the build performance improving patch for removing some locales, this probably affects footprint -- if you touch some en_* locales, file sorting will be screwed up
12:10:35 <Stskeeps> i'll have to look into why that happens
12:11:26 <Stskeeps> i'll begin upstreaming SB2-OBS patches this week as well
12:12:56 <lbt> when I finally got to my desk this morning I began to review the things from FOSDEM - new contacts first but I was about to start on checking tasks we discussed were in BZ
12:13:13 <Stskeeps> :nod:
12:14:47 <lbt> one thing that slipped is the mer OBS packaging
12:14:50 <Stskeeps> yes
12:14:55 <Stskeeps> and that sucks a bit :)
12:14:56 <lbt> I don't recall who took that
12:15:12 <Stskeeps> i can't do proper prereleases without that, at least
12:15:18 <lbt> I have the bug #145
12:15:37 <lbt> but I thought that was with SR and phaeron
12:16:05 <Stskeeps> i'll provide some proper sources for it so we can do it faster
12:16:46 <Stskeeps> but first tomorrow
12:17:01 <lbt> tomorrow?
12:17:25 <Stskeeps> yeah, i need to rebase my sb2-obs tree
12:17:34 <Stskeeps> and i'm about to fall asleep on my sofa :P
12:17:38 <lbt> hehe
12:17:46 <Stskeeps> so it's a bad idea to do it right now ;)
12:18:18 <lbt> I mainly wanted to use existing knowledge of how to get from git->pkg
12:18:27 <lbt> rather than re-invent
12:18:27 <Stskeeps> :nod:
12:18:33 <Stskeeps> ask adrian&co how they do it?
12:18:57 <lbt> yes, I last asked over a year ago
12:21:21 <lbt> I haven't really planned my week yet so nothing concrete from me - I'll probably put a list together and ping you in #mer sometime soonish
12:21:56 <Stskeeps> right
12:22:05 <Stskeeps> i don't have anything else right now
12:22:35 <lbt> I'm done then - I'll sync with phaeron when he arrives
12:22:52 <Stskeeps> k
12:22:57 <Stskeeps> thanks for coming
12:22:58 <Stskeeps> #endmeeting