12:00:59 <Stskeeps> #startmeeting Mer bug triage 13/2/2012
12:00:59 <MerBot> Meeting started Mon Feb 13 12:00:59 2012 UTC.  The chair is Stskeeps. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
12:00:59 <MerBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
12:01:27 <Stskeeps> hi all, welcome to yet another bug triage
12:01:29 <lbt> good afternoon
12:01:34 <Sage_> hi
12:01:47 <Stskeeps> we'll first run through https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?emailassigned_to1=1&query_format=advanced&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=trivial&bug_severity=enhancement&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=TRIAGEDUPSTREAM&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=need-triage&emailtype1=substring
12:02:41 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=162 - Document release information - Component: Other
12:02:50 <Stskeeps> this should (probably) be assigned to me
12:02:55 <Stskeeps> with medium prio?
12:03:19 <lbt> I'd rather see it assigned when you start to type into the wiki :)
12:03:43 <Stskeeps> ok, though i'm the one who's supposed to do it, when i start work on it, it gets state ASSIGNED
12:04:14 <lbt> ok then
12:04:44 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=165 - Should use new mic - Component: IMG
12:04:54 <Stskeeps> high prio
12:04:57 <lbt> yep
12:05:55 <Stskeeps> generally we should not in any way advise to use mic2 anymore
12:06:40 <lbt> I'm planning on some wiki updates once the sdk is out
12:06:49 <lbt> I also renamed the bug
12:07:08 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=169 - rpmlint-mini breaks for python2.7 [MER#98] - Component: rpmlint-mini
12:07:31 <Stskeeps> i think we should help letters.random along a bit with this one, he's pretty close to a solution
12:08:24 <Stskeeps> medium priority?
12:08:30 <lbt> ok
12:08:35 <lbt> what was the debate on -mini ?
12:08:54 <lbt> we're not tracking it actively?
12:09:13 <Stskeeps> we don't really need to, -mini is basically that it takes lowest amount of dependancies needed, instead of a full python dependancy
12:09:34 <Stskeeps> and embeds it into /opt/testing with it's own copy of python
12:10:44 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=171 - rpmlint-mini-x86 is broken by python2.7 [MER#98]
12:11:03 <Stskeeps> we can resolve this RESOLVED WONTFIX/ALREADYFIXED, as rpmlint-mini-x86 is no longer in use in mer core
12:11:07 <Stskeeps> after the sb2-obs fix
12:12:18 <lbt> ok
12:13:35 <Stskeeps> #topic build of rpm for ARM has weird sed errors in it for installplatform - component: rpm , https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=173
12:13:39 <lbt> sounds high?
12:14:04 <Stskeeps> it's not really fatal, it just creates a "-linux" platform dir
12:14:47 <lbt> no adverse installation effects?
12:15:16 <Stskeeps> we would have seen them by now
12:15:59 <lbt> normal or low then?
12:16:30 <Stskeeps> low
12:16:35 <Stskeeps> a nice challenge to figure out
12:16:56 <lbt> done
12:17:16 <Stskeeps> ok, that was it for the bugs.. sec
12:17:40 <Stskeeps> https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?emailassigned_to1=1&query_format=advanced&bug_severity=task&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=TRIAGEDUPSTREAM&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=need-triage&emailtype1=substring
12:18:23 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=158 - NFS support on Mer - Component: 158
12:18:27 <Stskeeps> (task)
12:18:41 <lbt> yep, I was going to look at this as part of SDK
12:18:54 <Stskeeps> ok
12:19:05 <Stskeeps> medium priority, not release blocker, but a tool embedded developers use quite a bit
12:19:28 <Sage_> :nod:
12:19:47 <lbt> taken
12:20:15 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=168 - update vim to (patchlevel) 7.3.434 - Component: vim
12:20:38 <lbt> low
12:20:40 <lbt> but sure
12:20:50 <Sage_> that is fun to package :)
12:21:05 <Sage_> ~300 files more to the git tree I assume :P
12:21:06 <Stskeeps> yes, it's like pulseaudio
12:21:54 <lbt> hey, we could have emacs in core you know....
12:22:14 <Stskeeps> there is a reason why vim is there, i think
12:22:21 <Stskeeps> or was that nano..
12:22:41 <Sage_> Stskeeps: you are thinking about nano atm.
12:22:54 <Stskeeps> yes, nano
12:22:56 <Sage_> vim would cause build cycle
12:22:59 <lbt> *g* I actually meant that vim is better than emacs in core :)
12:23:06 <Stskeeps> well, not a good reason why vim is there
12:23:08 <lbt> although moving it to tools may make sense
12:23:33 <lbt> "should be moved to Mer:Tools" ?
12:23:38 <Stskeeps> probably, yeah
12:24:00 <Stskeeps> i've heard horror stories of people using vi in batch mode in builds, though
12:24:09 <lbt> SEP
12:24:20 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=166 - Investigate automated testing of images - Component: MINT/Other
12:24:51 <lbt> normal
12:25:34 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=167 - Migrate MINT docs from meego wiki
12:25:55 <Stskeeps> what's sphinx?
12:26:05 <lbt> pydoc
12:26:08 <Stskeeps> ah
12:26:19 <lbt> http://autodoc.meego.com/mint/imager/
12:27:09 <lbt> normal
12:27:18 <Stskeeps> ok
12:27:20 <lbt> with some encouragement :)
12:27:21 <Stskeeps> done with tasks..
12:27:47 <Stskeeps> let's sanity check https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?emailassigned_to1=1&query_format=advanced&bug_severity=task&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=TRIAGEDUPSTREAM&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=not-taken&emailtype1=substring
12:28:32 <lbt> high look sane
12:28:41 <Stskeeps> any takers for some of the high ones?
12:28:48 <Stskeeps> libjpeg-turbo can get us good gains
12:28:54 <Stskeeps> openssl is important
12:29:10 <lbt> I'll do some of the upgrades
12:29:14 <Stskeeps> ok
12:29:22 <lbt> libjpeg switch sounds more involved ?
12:29:28 <Stskeeps> not terribly
12:29:30 <w00t> it shouldn't be too hard
12:29:37 <w00t> it's API compatible
12:29:57 <lbt> OK - be later in the week though - SDK and OBS deployments first
12:29:59 <Stskeeps> yes
12:31:28 <Stskeeps> i am wavering a bit on #19 due to appearance of dawati
12:31:37 <lbt> nb the CVE and CFE may link to the 'distromatch'
12:31:47 <Stskeeps> mer core itself should not rely on gl apis in any way, but outsiders can
12:32:35 <lbt> can we make the statement on GFX support clearer
12:32:43 <Stskeeps> :nod:
12:33:13 <lbt> http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Graphics_adaptation
12:33:42 <Stskeeps> #144 on thumb2, i think we can make a task that is  "generate i586/ssse3 from i486 port" in similar regard
12:34:55 <Stskeeps> but unsure about that one
12:34:58 <Stskeeps> let's see how things turn out
12:35:28 <lbt> that should be delegated as sb2/obs hands-on
12:35:30 <lbt> ?
12:35:38 <lbt> should that be?
12:35:54 <Stskeeps> mm
12:35:58 <Stskeeps> not sure what that means
12:36:32 <lbt> does #144 require a new port and SB2 work?
12:36:50 <Stskeeps> no, i'm hoping to do it alone with rpm target changes and perhaps useforbuild
12:37:05 <lbt> OK - thought it may be a learning opportunity
12:37:06 <Stskeeps> but not sure if that's feasible
12:37:09 <Stskeeps> it might be, yeah
12:37:46 <lbt> otherwise it looks like we need to have a bug-squash day sometime soon
12:37:59 <Stskeeps> :nod:
12:38:35 <Stskeeps> on actual bugs, https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?emailassigned_to1=1&query_format=advanced&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=trivial&bug_severity=enhancement&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=TRIAGEDUPSTREAM&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=not-taken&emailtype1=substring , it's not really high
12:38:47 <Stskeeps> (any takers of those?
12:38:51 <Stskeeps> giflib, vim
12:39:02 <Stskeeps> python
12:39:07 <Stskeeps> timestamps, we all love timestamps .. ;)
12:39:50 <lbt> many are good candidates for the squash-day
12:40:26 <lbt> signing is on my list of course
12:40:54 <lbt> I think phaeron may do mic/IMG RSN
12:41:46 <Stskeeps> i'd like to give away https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=127 and https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=135 if possible
12:42:11 <lbt> just assign not-taken ?
12:42:31 <Sage_> I can probably take the 135
12:42:34 <Stskeeps> done
12:43:25 <Stskeeps> i plan on doing 162 and 12 this week
12:44:26 <Stskeeps> (qmlviewer and release info)
12:44:30 <lbt> Stskeeps: sure. I volunteer to do the next release by following them
12:44:33 <Stskeeps> ok
12:44:43 <Stskeeps> do you know where phaeron's copy-whole-project patchset is
12:44:43 <Stskeeps> ?
12:45:09 <lbt> knowing him it'll be in a git branch
12:45:17 <lbt> he has github clone I think
12:46:33 <lbt> sounds like we're done then
12:46:57 <Stskeeps> yep
12:46:59 <Stskeeps> thank you all for coming
12:47:05 <Stskeeps> #endmeeting