12:26:20 <Stskeeps> #startmeeting Mer release management meeting 14/2/2012
12:26:20 <MerBot> Meeting started Tue Feb 14 12:26:20 2012 UTC.  The chair is Stskeeps. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
12:26:20 <MerBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
12:26:30 <Stskeeps> hi, welcome to another week of release management
12:26:47 <Stskeeps> .. 0.0.3 is there, we're waiting for COBS enablement and  validation of the updated OBS packages
12:29:29 <lbt> I've managed some infra bugfixes and tidy up
12:29:57 <Stskeeps> i will probably have to do a 0.0.4 with libXi fix, at least
12:30:06 <Stskeeps> and any issues we see during prerelease
12:30:27 <lbt> (sorry, thought you were done)
12:30:28 <Stskeeps> i've updated Merproject git earlier this week to sync with upstream, beware of Hostarch:
12:30:35 <Stskeeps> ah it's okay
12:30:45 <Stskeeps> just talk if you have something useful to say :)
12:31:04 <lbt> I noticed that bugzilla is no longer going to be packaged for Debian ... which sucks from a security update PoV
12:31:25 <lbt> I finalised some LDAP issues to permit delegation
12:31:52 <lbt> still not at my meego.com level of polish for IT but it's looking better
12:32:00 <Stskeeps> :nod:
12:32:08 <lbt> lack of dedicated VLAN infra is actually a bit of a pita
12:32:19 <lbt> I may approach Hetzner about this
12:32:26 <Stskeeps> have to make due
12:32:32 <Stskeeps> but yeah, can't hurt to ak
12:32:34 <Stskeeps> ask
12:33:05 <lbt> well, I spoke to Aaron Siego about infra and he'll get back to us
12:33:10 <Stskeeps> ok
12:33:16 <lbt> on the dev side
12:33:27 <Stskeeps> i'd like to have a list of current expenses from your side on server side tomorrow latest if possible
12:33:27 <lbt> IMG is up and running (with mic2) - next steps are to integrate with BOSS
12:33:31 <Stskeeps> so i'm ready for friday
12:33:42 <lbt> yes, Denise is doing some stuff there
12:33:46 <Stskeeps> k
12:33:51 <lbt> I may propose her as treasurer :)
12:34:10 <lbt> anyhow.... SDK outline is done and in iterative cleanup mode
12:34:22 <lbt> I can build the SDK in the SDK
12:34:27 <lbt> image that it
12:34:35 <Stskeeps> good
12:34:43 <lbt> i486 osc build also works
12:34:49 <lbt> arm needs qemu
12:35:01 <lbt> but I think waiting for sb2 is better
12:35:01 <Stskeeps> i've built a 486 qemu in 0.0.3 at least
12:35:17 <lbt> OK - I'll see if that does the job
12:35:30 <lbt> is it in core?
12:35:37 <Stskeeps> yes
12:35:44 <Stskeeps> qemu-usermode-static
12:35:46 <Sage_> o/
12:35:58 <lbt> finally Community OBS machines setup and install begun
12:35:58 <Stskeeps> though it is a little difficult
12:36:25 <Stskeeps> right now "cross" tools are built with i586
12:36:28 <Stskeeps> i can probably move that to i486
12:36:45 <lbt> yes please
12:37:03 <Stskeeps> am a little worried if that'll cost build performance though
12:37:15 <Stskeeps> so i would like to do that after next release
12:38:06 <lbt> do you think ssse3 is used that much during build?
12:38:26 <Stskeeps> i guess not, but i486 vs i686..
12:38:36 <Stskeeps> (on -march= side)
12:39:08 <Stskeeps> even without ssse3
12:39:20 <lbt> ok
12:40:10 <Stskeeps> so, next step, CFE/CBE test of our obs packages, fakeobs build, then switch over main mer obs to the packages, then COBS?
12:40:39 <Stskeeps> main=CI
12:40:56 <Stskeeps> when that's done, we can start prerelease testing
12:41:01 <lbt> OK
12:41:20 <lbt> we also need to sort out DNS a bit for some services ... and add https to ci
12:41:35 <lbt> and I lost my account so you may need to reset my pw :)
12:41:43 <Stskeeps> :nod:
12:42:01 <Stskeeps> after we have next release is out we can sort out those things
12:42:14 <lbt> yes
12:42:31 <Stskeeps> okay, anything else? platform sdk is looking good so far
12:44:02 <lbt> don't forget I'm doing the next release after this one based on the docs :)
12:44:15 <Stskeeps> mm
12:44:25 <lbt> uhuh
12:44:27 <Stskeeps> next week: CI OBS?
12:44:28 <Stskeeps> err
12:44:29 <Stskeeps> CI BOSS
12:44:56 <lbt> oh, thanks for the reminder
12:45:04 <lbt> I made repo.merproject,org
12:45:12 <lbt> which feeds img from ci.obs
12:45:14 <Stskeeps> does it autosync yet?
12:45:29 <lbt> no - spotted that last night
12:45:32 <Stskeeps> ok
12:45:35 <lbt> logs say it does
12:45:38 <lbt> but it doesn't
12:45:45 <lbt> and this is undocumented
12:45:47 <Stskeeps> rsync needed?
12:45:51 <lbt> all there
12:45:51 <Stskeeps> like, ssh key, etc
12:45:56 <lbt> yep
12:45:59 <lbt> manual run is fine
12:46:09 <lbt> and the log says it does incr runs
12:46:09 <Stskeeps> ok
12:46:51 <lbt> so just a bug
12:46:56 <Stskeeps> i'd like to somehow utilize phaeron's 'copy' thing in CI
12:47:10 <Stskeeps> ie, when starting a new release, we copy previous one
12:47:20 <Stskeeps> new release can also be QA runs
12:47:32 <lbt> yes - we also need to think about release snapshots
12:47:39 <lbt> and retention policy
12:47:46 <Stskeeps> :nod:
12:47:53 <Stskeeps> i'm already running a bit low on releases.*
12:48:51 <Stskeeps> not rm -rf'ing them, but moving them to my backup side
12:49:00 <lbt> well
12:49:08 <lbt> I'd rm -rf them
12:49:09 <lbt> :)
12:51:13 <Stskeeps> i don't, for various reasons :P
12:51:18 <Stskeeps> in CI OBS, yes, we can
12:51:36 <lbt> sure ... one of which is that we don't have a clear policy
12:51:40 <vgrade> what machines do you use at Hetzner?
12:51:46 <vgrade> EX5?
12:51:51 <lbt> yes
12:52:13 <vgrade> I not they have an offer at the moment
12:52:17 <Stskeeps> http://www.hetzner.de/hosting/produkte_rootserver/ex4s
12:52:19 <Stskeeps> also looks good
12:52:28 <Stskeeps> (32gb ram)
12:52:45 <lbt> ooh
12:53:34 <Stskeeps> vgrade: i have a EQ 6, 2 x EX 5
12:54:34 <lbt> https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=175  Retention policy for releases
12:54:37 <vgrade> I'm was thinking about donating and the offer on the EX5 saves me 100Euros
12:54:50 <Stskeeps> EX5's still quite good
12:55:36 <lbt> vgrade: lets discuss after AB meeting?
12:55:50 <vgrade> np
12:56:25 <Stskeeps> okay, any other discussion points?
12:57:07 <Stskeeps> if not, let's get back to work :)
12:57:21 <lbt> I'm good - plenty to do
12:57:32 <lbt> oh... don't forget
12:57:32 <Stskeeps> thank you all for coming
12:57:41 <lbt> today is Feb 14th ....
12:57:52 <Stskeeps> :nod:
12:57:59 <Stskeeps> #endmeeting