12:00:29 <lbt> #startmeeting Mer bug triage 20/2/2012
12:00:29 <MerBot> Meeting started Mon Feb 20 12:00:29 2012 UTC.  The chair is lbt. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
12:00:29 <MerBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
12:00:44 <lbt> Hi all
12:01:16 <lbt> So another bug triage - Stskeeps isn't around today so it may be quieter than usual :)
12:02:04 <lbt> #topic Not-triaged bugs (not tasks) - https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?emailassigned_to1=1&query_format=advanced&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=trivial&bug_severity=enhancement&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=TRIAGEDUPSTREAM&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=need-triage&emailtype1=substring
12:02:52 <lbt> hmm, not the order I'd prepared
12:03:23 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=#183 - [REG][n900] Bluetooth device of n900 doesn't work.
12:03:50 <lbt> OK this is a nemo bug
12:04:03 <lbt> (Mer doesn't do hardware)
12:04:22 <lbt> so resolved invalid with a link to the nemo bug#
12:04:50 <lbt> https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=149
12:05:34 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=#178 - new cobs https api doesn't redirect correctly - only affects admin use
12:06:04 <Sage_> sry, I'm late f15 kernel just crashed :P
12:06:09 <lbt> nb
12:06:21 <lbt> This is normal - mer c.obs isn't high prio but we need to make it work
12:06:53 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=#175 - Retention policy for releases
12:07:43 <lbt> I think we need to let people know how long stuff will stay available - we need to watch resources
12:08:09 <lbt> normal or low
12:08:20 <lbt> I think normal
12:08:35 <Sage_> lbt: links do not work
12:08:43 <Sage_> # is extra
12:09:13 <lbt> thanks - I wrote a CSV to #topic script :)
12:09:39 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=180 - [Spectacle] /usr/bin/update-desktop-database should be called if mimetype present in .desktop file
12:09:41 <Sage_> hmmp... also the first link gives only 2 bugs
12:09:52 <Sage_> might be intentional already though
12:10:06 <lbt> yeah - I alread triaged 3
12:10:12 <Sage_> This bugs would need better component but there wasn't one in bz yet
12:10:26 <Sage_> We should have components for each of the development tools
12:10:53 <lbt> there's MINT
12:10:59 <lbt> Mer Integration Tools
12:11:24 <lbt> I'll move it there
12:11:26 <Sage_> I would say MDT = Mer Developer Tools :)
12:12:19 <lbt> it's just the bz product name
12:12:34 <Sage_> ah, it has improved lately
12:12:39 <Sage_> ok, I'm fine with it now
12:12:49 <lbt> normal or low
12:12:55 <Sage_> low this isn't so common thing
12:13:21 <lbt> yep - there's a spectacle component
12:13:29 <lbt> ok
12:13:31 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=184 - moc does timestamps in sources
12:14:04 <lbt> timestamps == normal
12:14:38 <lbt> OK - that's that section done
12:14:50 <lbt> #topic Moving on to tasks: https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?emailassigned_to1=1&query_format=advanced&bug_severity=task&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=TRIAGEDUPSTREAM&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=need-triage&emailtype1=substring
12:15:23 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=174 - Move all to /usr
12:16:16 <Sage_> this is quite big task and we should evaluate the risks
12:16:25 <lbt> is it?
12:16:40 <Sage_> well, there is lot of hardcoded paths in apps.
12:16:50 <lbt> not a problem AFAIK
12:17:02 <lbt> we symlink /bin->/usr/bin
12:17:15 <lbt> same for /lib
12:17:23 <lbt> that's what I read anyway
12:17:45 <lbt> so I think this needs writing up as policy and then putting into BOSS/rpmlint validation
12:18:01 <lbt> it may be an RE topic first though
12:18:12 <Sage_> :nod:
12:18:58 <lbt> so I'll add those comments (reversed :) )
12:19:28 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=176 - Drop meego-lsb
12:19:44 * lbt notices ericlr o/
12:20:08 <lbt> this looks like low/normal
12:20:16 <ericlr> lbt: keepin' up to date and low profile :P
12:20:54 <lbt> *g*
12:21:25 <Sage_> I think we should drop meego-lsb as it provides some level of check already
12:22:08 <lbt> should we have some RE policy on lsb
12:22:35 <Sage_> lbt: btw from this package I can see one problem with the /usr move
12:22:39 <Sage_> Requires: /bin/egrep
12:22:47 <Sage_> that doesn't work if /bin is link to /usr/bin
12:23:00 <Sage_> as rpm doesn't know about that
12:23:09 <lbt> CI will catch that won't it?
12:23:15 <lbt> and are we sure?
12:23:18 <Sage_> CI?
12:23:27 <lbt> but ... -> RE meeting anyhow  ?
12:23:31 <Sage_> sure
12:24:01 <lbt> I don't know what lsb-meego does
12:24:08 <lbt> I'll add a note "There should be an LSB statement in policy somewhere"
12:24:29 <lbt> make it normal as it impacts GL removal option
12:24:42 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=177 - Support partial following of Mer binaries with MDS
12:25:26 <lbt> I think this is low but will rise quite soon
12:25:45 <lbt> we need better data management
12:26:00 <lbt> something like REVS but probably not so full on
12:27:28 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=179 - Add mipsel to DBC/SBC checks
12:28:36 <lbt> thoughts? I'd say low for now
12:29:05 * Sage_ doesn't have comments
12:30:17 <lbt> erm I confused a bug
12:30:24 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=181 - Publish listing of package licenses along with each Mer release
12:30:36 <lbt> I think this is low but will rise quite soon
12:30:39 <lbt> we need better data management
12:30:41 <lbt> something like REVS but probably not so full on
12:30:43 <lbt> :)
12:31:01 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=177 - Support partial following of Mer binaries with MDS
12:31:05 <lbt> revisit this one
12:32:03 <lbt> low I think
12:33:31 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=182 - Investigate automated license checks within infrastructure
12:35:02 <lbt> I'll add a depend to 181
12:36:11 <lbt> #info Task list is now: https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?emailassigned_to1=1&query_format=advanced&bug_severity=task&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=not-taken%40&emailtype1=substring
12:38:43 <lbt> #info Not taken bugs: https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?emailassigned_to1=1&query_format=advanced&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=trivial&bug_severity=enhancement&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=not-taken%40&emailtype1=substring
12:40:14 <lbt> We don't need to do these individually
12:40:34 <lbt> just see if any stand out as needing adjustment
12:41:52 <lbt> they look sane to me
12:42:24 <lbt> I think phaeron is working on IMG/mic - I'll see if he wants to take that
12:42:41 <lbt> otherwise I think we're done
12:43:20 <lbt> thank you all for coming
12:43:22 <lbt> #endmeeting