12:00:44 <Stskeeps> #startmeeting Mer bug triage 27/2/2012
12:00:44 <MerBot> Meeting started Mon Feb 27 12:00:44 2012 UTC.  The chair is Stskeeps. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
12:00:44 <MerBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
12:01:10 <lbt> afternoon all
12:01:52 <Stskeeps> https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?emailassigned_to1=1&query_format=advanced&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=trivial&bug_severity=enhancement&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=TRIAGEDUPSTREAM&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=need-triage&emailtype1=substring is the bug list we'll be going through - if you see any bugs you'd like to ...
12:01:58 <Stskeeps> ... take, please indicate during the meeting
12:02:33 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=189 - Diff against fakeobs doesn't work in OBS webui
12:02:55 <Stskeeps> i'd say medium as it's kinda annoying, though it works when logged out(!)
12:03:07 <Sage_> :nod:
12:03:17 <Stskeeps> any idea if this is fixed in obs upstream?
12:03:39 <lbt> no
12:03:46 <Stskeeps> #info medium
12:04:18 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=191 -  opensslconf.h doesn't support arm architectures
12:04:36 <Stskeeps> low/medium? we hit this while building python-m2crypto, it's an obvious mistake arm support is missing
12:05:01 <Stskeeps> probably trivial to fix, may need one-two packaging fixes
12:05:40 <lbt> hmm circuit breaker tripped
12:05:53 <Stskeeps> no coffee for lbt
12:06:00 <lbt> rofl
12:06:09 <lbt> it was the coffee maker that tripped it :)
12:06:22 <Sage_> hehe
12:06:26 <Stskeeps> #info low
12:06:36 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=192 - Spectacle version check should be removed
12:07:00 <Stskeeps> medium?
12:07:53 <Sage_> :nod:
12:07:56 <lbt> yes, high even?
12:08:10 <lbt> does it block use of new spectacle?
12:08:24 <Sage_> yes, but we don't have new spectacle out yet :)
12:08:37 <Sage_> and no it doesn't if we update also boss spectacle
12:08:47 <lbt> OK
12:08:50 <Sage_> so only problem when boss isn't latest
12:09:02 <lbt> so...hmm
12:09:08 <lbt> should this in fact be fixed?
12:09:15 <Sage_> ?
12:09:19 <Stskeeps> yes, it should have a non-interactive method
12:09:26 <Sage_> Stskeeps: it has
12:09:34 <lbt> well, isn't the bug that BOSS is too low and this is an alert?
12:09:36 <Sage_> Stskeeps: but the non-interactive default answer causes quit :)
12:09:49 <Sage_> lbt: there isn't new version release so boss couldn't be higher
12:10:10 <lbt> so does policy permit submitting using tools that aren't released?
12:10:20 <lbt> just asking? :)
12:10:20 <Sage_> I have 0.24~git in my git tree
12:10:27 <Sage_> and boss has 0.23 which is the latest release
12:10:38 <lbt> so test it, release it but don't use it in production pushes?
12:10:40 <Sage_> lbt: no it doesn't atm.
12:10:58 <lbt> so I see this as possibly indicating broken process,,,
12:11:02 <Sage_> as said if spectacle in BOSS isn't latest and user's submit fails
12:11:19 <Stskeeps> is the bug in spectacle, or in BOSS?
12:11:20 <Sage_> s/and/then/
12:11:24 <Sage_> Stskeeps: spectacle
12:11:25 <lbt> then isn't that a good thing?
12:12:12 <Sage_> lbt: no? The spectacle change can be just minor thing that doesn't change the output .spec at all.
12:12:15 <Stskeeps> #info medium, continue discussion in bug
12:12:17 <lbt> I personally would like to see consistent use of tools - this seems to support that (in principle though the tty interaction is a pita)
12:12:27 <lbt> OK
12:12:37 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=193 - OBS rpm: has no hdrmd5 error
12:12:50 <Stskeeps> this -might- be a fluke due to qemu or due to sb2, we have to watch it a bit
12:13:12 <Stskeeps> so medium?
12:13:45 * Sage_ can't see the error
12:13:58 <Sage_> ah, yes I can
12:14:53 <Stskeeps> #info medium
12:14:58 <Sage_> strange
12:15:09 <Sage_> why happens only with one package
12:15:18 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=197 - mer base contains GPLv3 'info' package
12:15:27 <Stskeeps> this one is a bit serious and i'm not sure why we're installing info in the first place..
12:15:49 <lbt> can it go in the SDK ?
12:15:49 <Sage_> because of install-info thing
12:16:06 <Stskeeps> ok, we should check what can be done with that
12:16:10 <Sage_> Stskeeps: http://pastie.org/3471167
12:16:12 <Stskeeps> i'd say high
12:16:31 <Sage_> I would say we could drop those info things and that package from base.
12:16:35 <Sage_> base image that is
12:16:37 <Stskeeps> ok
12:16:52 <Stskeeps> #info high, we can probably drop info pages or similar
12:17:02 <lbt> SDK ?
12:17:25 <Stskeeps> it can go in sdk but still, problem with installing info pages
12:17:30 <Stskeeps> perhaps we need a nullop
12:17:37 <lbt> yep, thinking that
12:17:50 <Sage_> or -info subpackages?
12:17:59 <phaeron> sorry I am late
12:18:02 <Stskeeps> or that
12:18:02 <Sage_> similar to -doc or something
12:18:03 <Stskeeps> 'lo phaeron
12:18:10 <Sage_> so if people want info they could get them
12:18:36 <Stskeeps> #info or -doc subpackages
12:18:50 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=198 - osc should Require diff3
12:18:50 <lbt> mmm
12:18:58 <Stskeeps> should be Requires: diffutils
12:19:05 <lbt> maybe put info into the toolchain...
12:19:14 <lbt> since it's a tool for building -doc
12:19:39 <Stskeeps> at the moment it's one big mess, and rpm macros Requires(pre) /sbin/install-info
12:19:41 <lbt> movinf on
12:19:44 <Stskeeps> so
12:19:53 <Stskeeps> medium prio for sdk?
12:19:54 <Sage_> actually it should require /usr/bin/diff or something
12:20:03 <lbt> diff3
12:21:00 <lbt> like I say though ... what's in mer-essential ?
12:21:08 <Stskeeps> -build-essential
12:21:15 <lbt> no
12:21:20 <lbt> mer-base
12:21:25 <Stskeeps> not diffutils, for sure
12:21:25 <Stskeeps> :P
12:21:31 <lbt> I know that :)
12:21:52 <Stskeeps> #info medium
12:21:54 <lbt> but how do I determine if this is a bug when something else is missing?
12:22:19 <Sage_> lbt: if osc is installed it should depend on packages that it needs and those should get installed
12:22:32 <lbt> so /bin/bash?
12:22:42 <lbt> glibc? explicitly?
12:22:56 <Stskeeps> lbt: it actually automatically deps on glibc with automated deps..
12:23:17 <Sage_> lbt: /bin/bash yes if it really needs bash
12:23:18 <lbt> and that's a good answer too
12:23:32 <Stskeeps> if automated deps don't work out, add it as a dependancy
12:23:36 <lbt> the answer for Debian is linked at that url
12:24:04 <Stskeeps> okay, moving on to not triaged tasks
12:24:06 <lbt> and it has 'essential' .... the response is, I think, Mer has no equivalent and all packages specify all dependencies
12:24:51 <Stskeeps> okay, moving on to not triaged tasks?
12:24:56 <Stskeeps> https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?emailassigned_to1=1&query_format=advanced&bug_severity=task&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=TRIAGEDUPSTREAM&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=need-triage&emailtype1=substring
12:25:04 * lbt makes a note for packaging policy page
12:25:43 <Stskeeps> #topic Armenian characters and djvu-fonts project - https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=187
12:26:00 <Stskeeps> low? this could be carried in a UI project too
12:26:14 <Sage_> I would say not part of Mer Core
12:26:22 <Stskeeps> well, we do have other fonts
12:26:27 <Stskeeps> so it's a bit varied
12:26:43 <Sage_> well, we have en translation should we have all?
12:26:55 <lbt> so ... Mer-i8n ?
12:27:05 <Stskeeps> should be over in i18n at least
12:28:39 <lbt> new .Component?
12:28:45 <lbt> or new product?
12:28:53 <Stskeeps> i'm not 100% if we should carry some useful fonts or not in core, not installed by default for sure
12:29:02 <lbt> agreed
12:29:02 <Stskeeps> but fonts are erm, pretty commonplace in projects
12:29:06 <lbt> it feels like we could have a discrete set of il8n packages though
12:29:17 <Stskeeps> we don't really have much to do with translations
12:29:24 <lbt> no, but tools?
12:29:30 <Stskeeps> point
12:29:34 <Stskeeps> belongs in SDK
12:29:52 * lbt notes that down
12:30:07 <Stskeeps> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=195 - Include libunwind for gdb
12:30:27 <Stskeeps> low, we don't see anything not working atm because it, but it might improve bug report quality
12:30:36 <lbt> mmm 187 ...
12:30:37 <Sage_> task, low?
12:30:44 <lbt> I have it as core, low... yes?
12:31:03 <lbt> "Include in core for now. " ?
12:31:17 <Stskeeps> low, but it's theoretically in core, but not pressing to get in
12:31:21 <Stskeeps> we need a proper discussion on fonts in core
12:31:24 <lbt> "Not installed by default."
12:31:30 <lbt> pending discussion
12:32:41 <lbt> ok, done -> 195
12:33:17 <lbt> done
12:33:38 <Stskeeps> okay, quickly looking at available tasks, anyone want to take any of these?
12:33:39 <Stskeeps> https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&emailassigned_to1=1&order=Importance&bug_severity=task&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=TRIAGEDUPSTREAM&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=not-taken&emailtype1=substring
12:34:13 <lbt> I'm doing some as SDK process tests
12:34:22 <Stskeeps> or of open bugs: https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&emailassigned_to1=1&order=Importance&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=trivial&bug_severity=enhancement&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=TRIAGEDUPSTREAM&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=not-taken&emailtype1=substring
12:34:26 <lbt> eg bash to check the wiki page last night
12:35:28 <phaeron> 166 167 might be in my "scope"
12:36:30 <phaeron> lbt: 151 still reproducable ?
12:36:51 <lbt> not tried
12:37:04 <Sage_> I can probably take some of the packaging updates like nspr and libssl that are marked as high
12:37:11 <Stskeeps> ok
12:37:17 <Stskeeps> please assign to yourself if so
12:37:46 <lbt> CI BOSS is on my radar too
12:38:04 <Sage_> done
12:38:09 <lbt> but not likely to do too much until post release
12:38:45 <lbt> I may do 117 too - mic docs on wiki
12:39:31 <Stskeeps> okay, anything else before we end the meeting?
12:39:38 <lbt> I'm done
12:40:20 <Stskeeps> #endmeeting