12:00:51 <Stskeeps> #startmeeting Mer advisory board meeting 5/4/2012
12:00:51 <MerBot> Meeting started Thu Apr  5 12:00:51 2012 UTC.  The chair is Stskeeps. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
12:00:51 <MerBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
12:01:27 <Stskeeps> welcome to another advisory board meeting, http://www.mail-archive.com/mer-general@lists.merproject.org/msg00399.html is our agenda today
12:01:31 <lbt> afternoon
12:01:53 <Stskeeps> i don't think we have quorom today, but there's not terribly much to vote on
12:02:23 <Stskeeps> #topic Confirm minutes from http://mer.bfst.de/meetings/mer-meeting/2012/mer-meeting.2012-03-16-12.00.html
12:02:39 <Stskeeps> any objections to the minutes as presented and the logs?
12:02:47 <lbt> no
12:03:15 <Sage_> no
12:03:18 <Stskeeps> alright, moving on ..
12:03:26 <Stskeeps> #topic Project news from architect
12:04:17 <Stskeeps> #link http://www.mail-archive.com/mer-general@lists.merproject.org/msg00377.html - Mer  0.20120315.1 release
12:04:51 <Stskeeps> #info LLVMpipe and libjpeg-turbo for better virtual machine development and demoing, and JPEG decoding using accelerated methods on some processors
12:05:22 <Stskeeps> #info http://www.mail-archive.com/mer-general@lists.merproject.org/msg00409.html - Mer prerelease for 0.20120405.0.1 on the way, focus on eglibc 2.15 switch
12:05:56 <Stskeeps> #link http://review.merproject.org/494 - First qt5 packaging has been submitted,
12:06:38 <Stskeeps> #info First Mer QA meeting, organised by E-P
12:07:02 <Stskeeps> #link http://mer.bfst.de/meetings/mer-meeting/2012/mer-meeting.2012-04-03-11.00.html for minutes
12:07:22 <Stskeeps> think that's it - anyone else has anything I forgot to mention? or questions/comments
12:08:23 <lbt> I have news on the nfp side
12:08:32 <Stskeeps> go ahead
12:08:52 <lbt> The application for an account was submitted and they eventually got back to us yesterday to clarify some points.
12:09:16 <lbt> We think they should now respond in 3 working days
12:09:57 <lbt> In related news the OSUOSL people are now looking at our request for hosting
12:10:20 <lbt> Lance will give me a 'gut feel' response next time I catch him on irc :)
12:11:09 <lbt> I haven't had time to follow up on the KDE organisation yet
12:11:39 <Stskeeps> :nod:
12:12:29 <lbt> I have been working with a couple of people who are now setting up OBS systems for use in their organisations
12:12:51 <lbt> that's all from me on general news
12:13:15 <Stskeeps> alright, thank you - anyone else?
12:13:34 * Sage_ has nothing to add
12:13:42 <Stskeeps> #topic AOB
12:13:49 <Stskeeps> any other business from anyone to discuss?
12:14:03 <Stskeeps> #info Next meeting at (Friday!) 20th April 2012, 11:00 UTC (corrected to fit daylight savings better)
12:14:25 <lbt> Who are the current AB representatives?
12:14:58 <Stskeeps> from Nemo, Jukka Eklund still, from Plasma Active supposedly Danny Bennett but he hasn't shown up
12:15:03 <Stskeeps> will request them to send someone else
12:15:35 <lbt> *nod* - I know he's had some timezone issues but I do want PA to be well represented
12:16:08 <lbt> And we did get apologies from Jukka for today FYI
12:16:29 <Stskeeps> i had managed to forget(!) the meeting too, due to me putting it on a thursday by accident
12:16:50 <lbt> I assumed it was friday :)
12:17:07 <Sage_> :)
12:17:29 <Stskeeps> alright, anyone got anything else to contribute, questions about directions, etc?
12:18:00 <lbt> We had that meeting about a Mer community OBS
12:18:16 <lbt> which raises organisational issues for the Mer project
12:19:37 <lbt> I would like Mer (via this AB and our governance) to manage both the Mer Core and the Mer Community Collaboration functions
12:20:38 <Stskeeps> i would like to read the community OBS meeting minutes more properly before being able to properly discuss it
12:20:53 <lbt> When I talk to people like eV and others - is this something that we can agree on as a goal?
12:21:21 <Stskeeps> when speaking to kde we need to first ask what kind of approach they'd prefer as their organisation would act as umbrella as well
12:21:22 <lbt> In the abstract sense then
12:21:31 <Stskeeps> so let's see how it ends up
12:21:41 <lbt> agreed
12:22:01 <lbt> so what I want to do is have "a position" that represents Mer
12:22:18 <lbt> If it weren't for legal issues we'd simply do both
12:23:01 <lbt> as it is we have another high level goal of "don't let Mer Core be subject to shutdown risks due to collaboration"
12:23:42 <Stskeeps> :nod:
12:23:45 <Sage_> yes
12:24:25 <Stskeeps> as i noted in a conversation, there might not be a problem in having OBS workers underneath Mer 'budget', as it's the frontend/backend OBS that does the actual publishing of sources and binaries
12:24:31 <Stskeeps> so that may simplify matters
12:24:58 <lbt> yep - I'd want to establish a starting position of "Mer currently has 2 areas, Core and Collaboration - we want to manage both but minimise risk"
12:25:59 <lbt> without being too anal ... can we quickly agree a topic for the next AB ?
12:26:32 <lbt> ie Propose to the AB  that Mer currently has 2 areas, Core and Collaboration - we want to manage both but minimise risk
12:26:52 <Stskeeps> makes sense, suggest it as topic on mailing list
12:26:58 <Stskeeps> ideally before i put agenda out :)
12:27:05 <lbt> :/
12:27:33 <Sage_> ok, I need to go away for like 10mins at least. But I guess the main things are already discussed.
12:27:47 <lbt> I have nothing else
12:27:52 <Stskeeps> :nod: me neither
12:27:54 <Stskeeps> anyone?
12:28:26 <Stskeeps> lbt: 'put on mailing list' == so it has the 48 hour discussion period as noted at least, and i remember to put it on the agenda
12:28:38 <lbt> yep, writing mail now
12:29:08 <Stskeeps> alright
12:29:12 <Stskeeps> thank you all for coming
12:29:44 <Stskeeps> #endmeeting