10:00:29 <Stskeeps> #startmeeting Nemo sync meeting 24/4/2012
10:00:29 <MerBot> Meeting started Tue Apr 24 10:00:29 2012 UTC.  The chair is Stskeeps. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
10:00:29 <MerBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
10:01:21 <Stskeeps> welcome to another week's nemo sync meeting
10:01:24 <Stskeeps> let's walk through status
10:01:26 <Stskeeps> #topic Status
10:02:21 <Sage> I have couple of things at least.
10:03:31 <Stskeeps> sure?
10:03:32 <Sage> I've been trying to update the x86 adaptation and have had problems with grubby when the kernel rpm package update is ran.
10:04:06 <Sage> Updated packages are available at https://build.pub.meego.com/project/show?project=home%3Asage%3Abranches%3ACE:Adaptation:x86-generic if someone wants to try them out. The kernel update fails as the extlinux configuration isn't updated properly yet
10:04:18 <Sage> or well the device boot fails after that
10:05:28 <Sage> Help with gubby, installer-shell and extlinux would be appreciated
10:05:31 <Stskeeps> :nod:
10:05:42 <Stskeeps> i've mostly been doing core side, testing 0.3 based images atm
10:06:22 <Sage> I have the 3.3.1 kernel update for x86 adaptation there as well and only problem with that is currently that the debuginfo doesn't get extracted properly
10:06:52 <Sage> Kernel rpm size is 80M and debuginfo 20k
10:07:10 <Stskeeps> and looking a bit into how we can reduce lipstick+compositor deps
10:07:20 <Sage> the kernel seems to work properly though I've booted it already on exopc
10:08:33 <Stskeeps> :nod:
10:08:48 <Sage> That is the x86 adaptation thing from me. Then I checked the armv7hl for pandaboard as well and ran into problems because the new pandaboard hardfp xorg binary driver is build with xorg 1.11.x and mer is using 1.10.x atm.
10:09:25 <Stskeeps> closed blobs are so much fun
10:09:26 <Sage> Tried to start with ignoring the ABI difference but Xorg failed to load.
10:11:11 <Stskeeps> well, theoretically we can have a nemo-local xorg
10:11:12 <Sage> #info Next Nemo Mobile images available couple of days after the next Mer release is published.
10:11:36 <Sage> Stskeeps: well that would be adaptation specific xorg probably
10:12:00 <Stskeeps> :nod:
10:13:14 <Sage> xorg-x11-drv-evdev xorg-x11-drv-fbdev xorg-x11-drv-keyboard xorg-x11-drv-mouse xorg-x11-drv-vesa xorg-x11-server <- These are the packages that might be affected with that (from mer core)
10:13:25 <Stskeeps> :nod:
10:14:20 <Stskeeps> faenil: any news from you?
10:14:27 <Stskeeps> or niqt
10:15:20 <faenil> Stskeeps, actually not, I haven't worked on the image viewer anymore (I have some changes in local, haven't pushed them) because I had seen drastic sinking of interest in Nemo...did not know if that was going to be used
10:16:38 <Stskeeps> it is, we just hit a bit of a slump due to many of us changing jobs
10:16:49 <Stskeeps> i think in maemo.org community there's increased interest too
10:16:49 <faenil> I see...
10:17:26 <faenil> I'd love to continue working on it, if it's of any use...I just noticed the chat was always quiet, no news, no meetings, and that didn't help ^^
10:17:34 <Stskeeps> and because we also have to get mer as a core ready in general :)
10:17:36 <Stskeeps> things are finally starting to normalize now though
10:17:37 <faenil> but I understand the situation :)
10:17:54 <faenil> ok ;)
10:17:59 <Stskeeps> :nod:
10:18:01 <Stskeeps> that's why we keep the sync meetings to keep things alive
10:18:01 <niqt> Stskeeps i have lose something
10:18:25 <niqt> now i'm in a meeting
10:19:01 <Stskeeps> ok
10:19:52 <phaeron> o/
10:21:13 <faenil> o/ phaeron
10:21:18 <Stskeeps> o/
10:21:43 <niqt> Stskeeps: were you referring to qmlcalendar
10:21:58 <faenil> most likely :)
10:24:27 <Stskeeps> niqt: yes, new 0.3 image has calendar apis
10:24:48 <niqt> ok, i have subtle bugs
10:25:07 <niqt> when you build image?
10:27:10 <Sage> niqt: http://sage.kapsi.fi/Nemo-tmp/testing-versions/0.20120419.0.3.NEMO.2012-04-24.1/images/ testing release
10:27:22 <Sage> should have calendar api's available with zypper
10:27:27 <Sage> if not installed to the image
10:27:27 <niqt> ok
10:27:29 <faenil> Stskeeps, what's the plan about Qt5 on Nemo?
10:28:01 <Stskeeps> faenil: we're going to include it in mer core from next release, first qtbase
10:28:05 <faenil> that would help a lot the pinching in the image viewer :) due to that qreal->int casting of qt4
10:28:47 <faenil> Stskeeps, mmm, so how long before I can use qtquick2? :D
10:29:45 <Stskeeps> hopefully soon after
10:33:15 <faenil> Stskeeps, weeks? months? :D
10:33:19 <faenil> 2-3?
10:33:20 <faenil> :P
10:33:49 <Stskeeps> well, we operate on 2 week cycles for mer core releases
10:33:52 <Stskeeps> so when qtbase is in, qtdeclarative comes soon after
10:34:14 <faenil> so approx 4 weeks
10:34:19 <Stskeeps> hm, our jpeg performance has really improved
10:34:25 <faenil> nice :)
10:34:35 <Stskeeps> (libpng, libjpeg that is)
10:37:09 <Stskeeps> ok, anything else to report
10:37:09 <Stskeeps> ?
10:39:07 <faenil> not here :)
10:39:19 <Stskeeps> alright, thank you all for coming
10:39:21 <Stskeeps> #endmeeting