10:59:40 <Stskeeps> #startmeeting Mer release management 24/4/2012
10:59:40 <MerBot> Meeting started Tue Apr 24 10:59:40 2012 UTC.  The chair is Stskeeps. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
10:59:40 <MerBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
10:59:50 <Stskeeps> welcome to another week's release management meeting
11:00:06 <Stskeeps> #topic Status
11:00:38 <Stskeeps> #info Mer PRERELEASE 0.20120419.0.3 released, full release coming during today == 0.3 content
11:01:40 <Stskeeps> #info planning housekeeping and qt5 merge for next release
11:02:02 <Stskeeps> that is, putting source packages in correct Group:, fix metadata, etc
11:03:01 <Stskeeps> been working on architectual documentation for a while, so the idea is we'll be able to autogenerate this kind of thing from images
11:03:30 <Stskeeps> (done)
11:05:31 <Stskeeps> anyone else?
11:05:40 <phaeron> me
11:06:03 <lbt> yay ... phaeron is back ... \o/
11:06:25 <lbt> (was that the news?)
11:06:42 <phaeron> I have the backend code for copyproject ready. the stub already existed in OBS code I just extended it to allow the scheduler to decide whether to rebuild binaries or not
11:07:08 <phaeron> it is intelligent enough to know if that is needed or not
11:07:11 <Stskeeps> cool
11:07:16 <Stskeeps> i wasn't sure of the actual implementation of it
11:07:35 <lbt> we can get that into the Mer:OBS packages this week then ?
11:07:46 <phaeron> this functionality needs to be exposed in the api
11:08:04 <Stskeeps> i've been working on making packaging for the B1-systems's cross compile approach OBS, with goal to do SB2-OBS v2, as this is the approach that will go into upstreamn
11:08:08 <phaeron> lbt: I can yes
11:08:40 <lbt> phaeron: I'd like to work on that with you - I just started to look at it last week
11:08:57 <phaeron> Stskeeps lbt I'll push the branch , it's a small patch
11:08:58 <lbt> so I'm in the mood to take a look at the internals some more
11:09:29 <Stskeeps> ok, would be good to get it pushed upstream as well
11:10:12 <Stskeeps> the OBS guys will be at tizen conference as well
11:10:26 <phaeron> I need to rebase it on latest upstream too
11:11:23 <lbt> they've been quick to take to some minor debug patches I sent recently
11:11:40 <Stskeeps> once we have copy-project we can start looking at proper CI as well, as well as integration with our QA efforts
11:11:44 <lbt> and speaking of our packages: we need a bit more structure and definition around OBS and Tools release steps - discussed on channel over the past few days. I've added that to my TODO
11:11:49 <phaeron> https://github.com/MeeGoIntegration/open-build-service/commit/79ef397bb76e4bb1aae8bca8fed1abb9a80091a0
11:12:02 <Stskeeps> as we have been erm, not having a good time with releases lately
11:12:26 <lbt> :)
11:12:30 <Stskeeps> lbt: can you summarize monitoring?
11:12:39 <lbt> yep - I Had another crack at infra issues - extended puppet coverage, installed nrpe to most debian VMs, doing phosts next.
11:12:56 <lbt> we have icigna on http://monitor.in.merproject.org/icinga/
11:13:21 <lbt> internal VLAN access only - so you either need an openvpn link from your machine or a tunnel
11:14:01 <lbt> I'll see about putting it behind an apache auth at some point
11:14:36 <lbt> this is doing the usual nagios/icinga monitoring - focus on disk space really
11:15:13 <lbt> and I think we'll need to look at some kind of hardlink system too - to spot and hardlink identical rpms in our release area
11:15:25 <vgrade> sorry late
11:15:56 <Stskeeps> i'll be gone thursday-friday, just for good measure
11:16:00 <lbt> oh, I replied and asked Stefan to confirm the provision of another host according to :  http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Donation_Policy
11:16:53 <lbt> and... whilst I'm reporting 'stuff'
11:17:03 <lbt> Main news from last week is completion of obs-setup at https://github.com/lbt/obs-setup Needs to be integrated to the wiki docs too.
11:17:59 <lbt> this lets me deploy+test OBS on VMs in a virtual lan - phaeron you may want to take a look, it's a bit like the system I put together in Nokia
11:18:19 <phaeron> ok
11:19:04 <lbt> we can run regression tests on it - so verify that builds don't break when we upgrade and test our branches
11:19:22 <lbt> here's some test cases : https://build.pub.meego.com/project/monitor?project=Mer%3AOBS%3ATestBuilds#
11:21:24 <lbt> like Stskeeps says, doing CI image builds is the next task here: needs the copyproject deploying on CI OBS (which may mean an upgrade) and it may be sane to bring BOSS up to date
11:22:06 <lbt> IMG also had loop0 issues last time I looked but someone found a patch and updating to latest upstream may fix it (that's in Tools:Testing now)
11:22:21 <lbt> (in mic, obviously)
11:23:12 <lbt> done :)
11:23:14 <phaeron> mic is still crap ? :D
11:24:12 <lbt> meh - it is better than it was - I need to push some patches upstream actually
11:25:18 <phaeron> ok now the usb drive won't mount at all
11:25:21 <phaeron> even chilled
11:26:47 <lbt> One wishlist item that's bugging me is better version comparison between OBS projects to support promotion from Devel to Testing
11:27:15 <lbt> not such a big deal in Core where packages are more isolated
11:27:28 <Stskeeps> ok, my net connection just crashed
11:27:34 <Stskeeps> #chair lbt
11:27:34 <MerBot> Current chairs: Stskeeps lbt
11:28:02 <lbt> OK, yell if it goes down again :P
11:28:20 <Stskeeps> i'm on 2g
11:28:22 <Stskeeps> :P
11:29:19 <lbt> just thinking ... and the current release has some dependencies
11:29:44 <lbt> has anyone done any core-next builds using the current SDK ?
11:30:45 <lbt> sounds like a "no"
11:30:55 * Sage haven't at least
11:31:44 <lbt> OK, I need to verify this before doing the updatestorm then
11:31:58 <lbt> I've mentioned it in the release notes for the pre-releases
11:34:16 <lbt> any other issues?
11:36:02 <Sage> Stskeeps: fixed the only issue I had with .0.3
11:36:06 <Sage> err... .0.2
11:36:56 <lbt> OK, sounds like we can wrap up then
11:37:18 <lbt> I'll be working on the release for the rest of the day I think
11:37:38 <lbt> I need to sort out disk space again and then review and release the SDK too
11:38:10 <lbt> and the kickstarts...
11:38:24 <lbt> Thank you all for coming
11:38:29 <lbt> #endmeeting