11:00:34 <lbt> #startmeeting Mer Bug Triage 21 May 2012
11:00:34 <MerBot> Meeting started Mon May 21 11:00:34 2012 UTC.  The chair is lbt. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
11:00:34 <MerBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
11:01:24 <lbt> welcome all
11:01:34 <lbt> Stskeeps prod
11:01:41 <Sage> thanks for the invite :)
11:02:02 <lbt> who invited you? :P
11:02:18 <lbt> *sigh* ... we let any riff-raff in nowadays
11:02:47 <phaeron1> I am too fat to be riff-raff
11:02:55 <Stskeeps> i'm here
11:02:56 <Stskeeps> :P
11:03:00 <lbt> hehe
11:03:02 * lbt hunts for link
11:03:08 <lbt> #info We'll start with the bugs: https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=trivial&bug_severity=enhancement&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=TRIAGEDUPSTREAM&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=need-triage&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&query_format=advanced&order=bug_id
11:03:53 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=329 - CPIO of project ends at 899MB size
11:04:18 <Stskeeps> in mer release we pull 40 packages at a time
11:04:26 <Stskeeps> as the cpio sender isn't terribly reliable
11:05:06 <phaeron1> 899Mb usually points that a proxy inbetween is giving up in the midst of the request
11:05:35 * lbt isn't massively worried about this bug
11:06:16 <lbt> using the api to do a cpio dowload of an entire repo isn't what it's designed for
11:06:33 <Stskeeps> low ?
11:06:42 <Stskeeps> or wontfix with workaround?
11:06:42 <lbt> so unless it's blocking something serious ... low and suggest reporting it upstream
11:07:07 <phaeron1> I don't think it is an upstream issue
11:07:23 <Stskeeps> i had it happen in mer CI too but .. yeah
11:07:26 <phaeron1> but low if you say so
11:08:24 <Stskeeps> i think it's just important to track the issue and perhaps have a workaround listed on 'best practice' to deal with it
11:09:29 <lbt> and this is for harmattan to get at source that's not published by OBS as it's kinda DoD
11:10:40 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=334 - Community OBS repos are not signed
11:11:31 <Stskeeps> medium
11:11:46 <lbt> I think the fix is gpgcheck=0 ?
11:11:49 <Sage> annoying for developers but not blocking
11:11:54 <Sage> lbt: yes that would do it
11:12:07 <lbt> right now I'm not sure about doing signing on meego.com stuff
11:12:11 <Sage> I'm using sed on the device to drop that from all repos :)
11:12:21 <Stskeeps> it's more of a OBS bug
11:12:30 <Stskeeps> it shouldn't make gpgcheck=1 .repo files when it doesn't sign the repos
11:12:41 <lbt> ah - that's worth fixing
11:12:54 <phaeron1> agree
11:14:18 <Stskeeps> so, normal prio, must be in MINT/OBS/
11:14:20 <Stskeeps> ?
11:14:41 <lbt> new bug for it shouldn't be gpgcheck=1 for unsigned repos?
11:15:34 <Stskeeps> yes, change summary
11:16:17 <Stskeeps> next?
11:16:34 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=336 - update openssl to 1.0.0j (or 1.0.1c) [CVE-2012-2333]
11:16:52 <Sage> :P
11:17:02 <lbt> thick+fast eh?
11:17:04 <Sage> the old openssl is still in review?
11:17:10 <Stskeeps> yes, though getting OK'ed soon
11:17:52 <Stskeeps> let's wait for this one to be OK'ed, then we can go to j
11:18:45 <lbt> high
11:18:45 <Stskeeps> high prio
11:18:56 <lbt> #info previous ssl CVE is being reviewed then this will be actioned.
11:19:10 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=337 - update mpfr to 3.1.0 [license change?]
11:19:33 <Stskeeps> OK for gplv3, it does not go on device
11:19:36 <Stskeeps> GCC is already gplv3
11:19:57 <Stskeeps> we can state that in bug
11:20:13 <lbt> I did :)
11:20:16 <Stskeeps> ok
11:20:19 <Stskeeps> normal then
11:20:20 <Stskeeps> next?
11:20:25 <Stskeeps> alsdo
11:20:25 <Stskeeps> task
11:20:32 <Stskeeps> so was the previous one
11:20:33 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=339 - update mpc to 0.9
11:20:49 <Stskeeps> simialr
11:21:47 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=340 - update perl-XML-Parser to 2.41
11:22:19 <lbt> ditto
11:22:23 <Stskeeps> yeah
11:22:25 <Stskeeps> given extreme age
11:22:48 <lbt> XML is fairly stable though :)
11:23:07 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=341 - update perl-HTML-Parser to 3.69
11:23:33 <lbt> low?
11:23:38 <Stskeeps> low
11:24:09 <Stskeeps> again, if there's any takers for these, assign them to yourself on bugtracker
11:24:10 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=342 - update perl-Test-Pod to 1.45
11:24:31 <lbt> same
11:24:35 * Sage should take an evening at some point and do some of these
11:24:59 <lbt> sounds like something spectacle could do
11:25:08 <lbt> spectacle CPAN parser ...
11:25:25 <Stskeeps> no objections to same, next?
11:25:31 <Sage> net
11:25:33 <Sage> next
11:25:37 <lbt> just typing
11:25:40 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=343 - update perl-libwww-perl to  6.04
11:26:11 <Stskeeps> normal, given age
11:26:12 <lbt> normal?
11:26:21 <Stskeeps> man, this is like visiting the elderly home..
11:26:27 <Sage> :)
11:26:31 <Stskeeps> it makes me wonder how out of date tizen is
11:27:02 <Stskeeps> next
11:27:11 <Stskeeps> all of the above are tasks, naturally
11:27:11 <Sage> keeping up with 300 packages is quite a job in the end.
11:27:23 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=344 - update perl-URI to 1.60
11:27:27 <Stskeeps> yes, hence why we're working to automate a lot of it
11:27:40 <Stskeeps> 2 years, normal
11:27:49 <Sage> next
11:27:50 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=345 - update perl to 5.14 (or at least 5.12.4)
11:28:21 <Stskeeps> low
11:29:22 <lbt> 5.12.1 is 3 behind stable
11:29:29 <lbt> which is a lot for perl
11:29:36 <Stskeeps> ok
11:29:39 <Stskeeps> so normal?
11:29:43 <lbt> y
11:29:58 * Stskeeps needs interactive whiteboard..
11:30:26 <lbt> ok
11:30:41 <lbt> #topic Moving on to tasks: https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?emailassigned_to1=1&query_format=advanced&bug_severity=task&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=TRIAGEDUPSTREAM&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=need-triage&emailtype1=substring&order=bug_id
11:30:52 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=330 - update pacrunner to recent version 0.5
11:31:37 <lbt> low?
11:31:44 <Sage> oh, I missed that one.
11:31:45 <Stskeeps> moment
11:32:01 <Stskeeps> ver 0.5: Add support for manual configuration handling. Add support for set of unit tests.
11:32:05 <lbt> mmm
11:32:07 <Stskeeps> i'd say normal
11:32:08 <lbt> normal then
11:33:18 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=331 - update openvpn to Version 2.2.2
11:33:28 <lbt> low
11:34:05 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=332 - update ntp to 4.2.6p5
11:34:10 <Sage> invalid
11:34:18 <Sage> we are dropping ntp, right?
11:34:25 <lbt> !
11:34:33 <Sage> connman doesn't depend on it anymore and has the same functionality.
11:34:36 <lbt> ah
11:34:52 <Sage> at least that is my opinion.
11:35:11 <Stskeeps> i'd say 'low' initially
11:35:19 <Stskeeps> i'm not 100% convinced of dropping ntp just yet
11:35:26 <lbt> agree unless there's any chance people will have conman-less setup
11:36:06 <lbt> so won't systemd do it?
11:36:18 <Stskeeps> systemd do ntp? :P
11:36:22 <Sage> well, people want to do gtk based setup and we don't supply gtk ;)
11:36:40 <Stskeeps> perhaps we can move to tools initially
11:36:48 <Sage> I would reason removign ntp with the same thing here.
11:37:02 <phaeron1> or utils
11:37:07 <lbt> utils :)
11:37:08 <Sage> movint to tools isn't probably ok as people would need to build against it anyway
11:37:19 <Sage> so they would need to pick it up anyway
11:37:55 <Stskeeps> ok, so low
11:37:58 <lbt> how likely is a setup w/o connman
11:38:02 <Stskeeps> lbt: very
11:38:06 <Stskeeps> plasma is connman less
11:38:08 <Stskeeps> or wants to go to NM
11:38:08 <Sage> PlasmaActive is doing that
11:39:06 <Sage> on my opensuse nothing deps on ntp
11:39:37 <Sage> ok, next?
11:40:03 <lbt> #info dropping ntp from core is being considered as connman now provides this functionality. However some vendors do use it.
11:40:19 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=333 - QEMU should be updated to version 1.0.1 or newer
11:40:39 <lbt> sounds high ?
11:40:53 * Stskeeps looks
11:40:56 <lbt> is it in core?
11:41:06 <Stskeeps> that's incorrect
11:41:15 <Stskeeps> we use qemu-linaro 1.0 2012.03
11:41:22 <Stskeeps> http://gitweb.merproject.org/gitweb?p=mer-core/qemu-usermode.git;a=tree
11:41:36 <lbt> and in Tools/MINT/,,, ?
11:41:47 <lbt> another sync issue like 'build' ?
11:41:53 <Stskeeps> we use project wide qemu in mer
11:42:12 <Stskeeps> 2012.05 exists
11:42:29 <Stskeeps> so we can rename to linaro 2012.05 instead of 1.0.1
11:42:45 <lbt> Stskeeps: so because of SB2 we use mer-core qemu in obs workers?
11:43:11 <Stskeeps> yes, it doesn't use binfmt_misc at all
11:43:21 <Stskeeps> and because of it being in mer-core, we use it in mic to
11:43:21 <Stskeeps> o
11:43:33 <lbt> hmmm fremantle may be an issue for cobs though
11:43:46 <lbt> since it uses mer-obs packages
11:43:47 <Stskeeps> well, not a mer bug
11:43:55 <Stskeeps> as in
11:43:58 <lbt> yep
11:44:02 <Stskeeps> when sb2 isn't in use, it uses the worker qemu
11:44:09 <Stskeeps> low prio
11:44:15 <Stskeeps> there's not really any interesting changed 03 -> 05
11:44:26 <lbt> phaeron1: we should check this in mer-obs in MINT
11:44:35 <lbt> phaeron1: can you take that?
11:45:01 <Sage> hmmp
11:45:06 <phaeron1> what does mint have to do with that
11:45:06 <Sage> does sdk have that same qemu?
11:45:11 <Stskeeps> should have
11:45:14 <Stskeeps> qemu-usermode-static
11:45:24 <Sage> I though that I had qemu 0.x in sdk
11:45:32 <lbt> phaeron1: erm mer-obs
11:46:04 <Sage> qemu-usermode-static-1.0.2011.12-1.2.i486
11:46:06 <lbt> which runs on cobs and needs to support non-sb2 arm cross builds for fremantle so needs suse qemu to be >
11:46:13 <Sage> that is in sdk
11:46:17 <phaeron1> fremantle/harmattan
11:46:25 <lbt> yea
11:46:26 <Stskeeps> Sage: there should be a more up to date one..
11:46:26 <Stskeeps> sec
11:47:00 <Sage> No update candidate for 'qemu-usermode-static-1.0.2011.12-1.2.i486'. The highest available version is already installed.
11:47:04 <phaeron1> lbt: ok we can check the  worker code and see howit  behaves
11:47:06 <Stskeeps> Sage: qemu-usermode-static- in latest
11:47:17 <Sage> hmmp
11:47:26 <Stskeeps> http://releases.merproject.org/releases/0.20120517.1/builds/i486/packages/i486/qemu-usermode-static-
11:47:43 <Sage> hmmp... does sdk build against latest?
11:48:01 <lbt> erm
11:48:01 <Sage> ie., sdk has static mer release repos but actual repos builds against latest?
11:48:13 <Sage> sdk has static mer release .repo file that is
11:48:25 <Sage> so update might screw things up quite badly
11:48:27 <lbt> actually it has 'latest' which is not -next
11:48:29 <lbt> yeah
11:48:44 <lbt> I have a task for today to fix that
11:48:57 <Sage> baseurl=http://releases.merproject.org/releases/latest/builds/i486/packages
11:49:05 <Sage> I have that bug still can't get newer qemu
11:49:08 <Stskeeps> 'latest' can do bad things too, fwiw
11:49:17 <Stskeeps> as we saw with the sb2 rules mess
11:49:24 <Sage> Stskeeps: I know, what I mean that both should be using same method
11:49:27 <Stskeeps> ok
11:49:30 <lbt> yeah - the task is to remove 'latest'
11:50:00 <Sage> lbt: then also the cobs project baseurl=http://repo.pub.meego.com/Mer:/Tools:/Testing/Mer_Core_i486/ should not build against latest
11:50:36 <Sage> but out of the bug triage convo maybe :)
11:50:41 <lbt> yeah :)
11:50:50 <lbt> it's a funny topic
11:51:00 <Stskeeps> next?
11:51:01 <Stskeeps> :P
11:51:08 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=335 - How to setup static IP with connman
11:51:34 <Stskeeps> they're trying to figure out how we can do this for test images, for example
11:51:37 <Stskeeps> in best way
11:51:39 <Stskeeps> systemd, perhaps?
11:51:48 <Sage> hmmp...
11:52:24 <E-P> yep
11:53:23 <lbt> needs to cope with eth0, usb0, wlan0 etc
11:53:27 <Stskeeps> :nod:
11:53:38 <Stskeeps> normal prio?
11:53:44 <lbt> yeah
11:53:53 <Stskeeps> E-P: can we in any way make it 'smart' with for example avahi?
11:53:55 <Stskeeps> as well
11:53:56 <lbt> should be driven by a conf file inserted into image?
11:54:00 <Stskeeps> :nod:
11:54:29 <E-P> Stskeeps: i don't know
11:54:56 <lbt> a systemd unit doesn't sound insane
11:55:20 <Stskeeps> ok
11:55:22 <lbt> next?
11:55:26 <Stskeeps> let's write this into bug
11:55:27 <Stskeeps> next
11:55:32 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=338 - update patchelf to 0.6
11:55:45 <Stskeeps> low
11:55:51 <Stskeeps> it's not really in use anymore
11:55:58 <Stskeeps> it was extensively used for old-cross
11:56:15 <lbt> oh yeah
11:56:54 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=348 - Test case(s) for measuring image loading benchmark
11:57:09 <Stskeeps> normal prio
11:57:13 <lbt> y
11:57:22 <Stskeeps> it'd be useful to test some changes i've done as well
11:57:28 <Stskeeps> and marketing is always good
11:57:33 <lbt> useful for regressions
11:58:31 <lbt> OK
11:58:54 <lbt> #info Task list is now: https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=task&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=not-taken%40&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&query_format=advanced&order=priority%2Cbug_id&query_based_on=
11:59:17 <lbt> #info Not taken bugs: https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=trivial&bug_severity=enhancement&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=not-taken%40&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&query_format=advanced&order=priority%2Cbug_id&query_based_on=
11:59:29 <Stskeeps> let's move 226 (libxcb) down a notch to normal
11:59:33 <lbt> it's been a long one so anything blindingly wrong there?
11:59:48 <Stskeeps> same with 53, 85 to low
12:00:48 <Stskeeps> 147 as well
12:01:31 <lbt> done
12:01:47 <lbt> OK ... I need to go ... anything else?
12:01:52 <Stskeeps> 230 (bug) should be a task
12:02:31 <Stskeeps> besides that nothing
12:02:43 <lbt> OK ... thanks for coming everyone
12:02:44 <Sleepy_Coder> pretty pro task manager thar
12:02:54 <Sleepy_Coder> lbt++ :]
12:02:56 <lbt> hope iekku is feeling better for next week :)
12:03:00 <Stskeeps> :nod:
12:03:04 <lbt> #endmeeting