10:59:29 <Stskeeps> #startmeeting Mer release management meeting 24/7/2012
10:59:29 <MerBot> Meeting started Tue Jul 24 10:59:29 2012 UTC.  The chair is Stskeeps. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
10:59:29 <MerBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
10:59:39 <Sage_> o/
10:59:42 <Stskeeps> #topic Status
10:59:51 * timoph lurks
11:00:03 <Stskeeps> #info 0.20120719.1 release delayed due to systemd problems (or how i learned to love automatic qa)
11:00:42 <phaeron> :)
11:01:00 <Stskeeps> #info prerelease out yesterday and another one less than a week back
11:01:13 * kyyberi in bg
11:01:20 <Stskeeps> #info Problems on CI OBS regarding time sync, unclear cause so far
11:01:59 <Stskeeps> so, situation normal, etc
11:02:06 <Stskeeps> what else have anybody been working on?
11:02:33 <phaeron> the copyproj related feature ?
11:02:43 <Stskeeps> :nod:
11:02:51 <phaeron> and the autoqa using vms
11:03:03 <lbt> Pre-releases went smoothly from an operational PoV.
11:03:25 <lbt> maybe the gremlin moved from living in cpio to ntp?
11:03:44 <lbt> BOSS re-packaging taking far too long due to my time being reduced a lot recently. Now almost done.
11:05:53 <phaeron> what's the agenda? what do we want to achieve , goals ?
11:05:54 <Stskeeps> we got fe stalls
11:05:58 <Stskeeps> solved, that is
11:06:14 <Stskeeps> phaeron: stable releasing, sync, future plans on integration of components, etc
11:06:37 <Stskeeps> (thanks to phaeron and lbt for solving frontend installs)
11:06:52 <Stskeeps> lbt: how difficult would it be to make packages with phaeron's newest patch?
11:06:59 <Stskeeps> i'd like to move on to that after we have full release out
11:07:09 <lbt> very easy now with gitpkg thing
11:07:39 <Stskeeps> could you take action on that? i'll be AFK thursday evening to sunday, so after that should be fine
11:08:02 <lbt> oh, I deployed 2 new OBS workers too - used puppet to do that
11:08:13 <Stskeeps> :nod:
11:08:31 <lbt> so we can start to migrate some VMs to reduce some of the load on phost1
11:09:05 <Stskeeps> that'd help a lot
11:09:11 <lbt> also I'm thinking that the openvpn solution isn't doing too well wrt latency - I need to review the LAN usage
11:09:40 <lbt> may use http://www.tinc-vpn.org/ as it supports fully meshed vpn
11:10:28 <Stskeeps> maybe
11:10:34 <phaeron> gre tunnels work fine for me but might not fit your usage
11:10:36 <Stskeeps> for sure it doesn't perform very well atm :)
11:12:45 <Stskeeps> anyway, the priority right now is to get stable release out
11:13:38 <Stskeeps> and then maybe parallely verify the package disable functionality, and build new release method from there
11:14:34 <lbt> SDK release and Mer:Tools to follow Mer Release
11:14:39 <Stskeeps> :nod:
11:15:11 <lbt> On the gitpkg side I'm using this comfortably now and think it needs some wider attention
11:15:57 <lbt> I'm pretty happy I can phase-in usage without needing OBS changes initially
11:16:28 <lbt> so I'll be adding that to my task list
11:20:15 <Stskeeps> :nod:
11:22:02 <lbt> when is release planned?
11:22:28 <Sage_> depends on the systemd stuff probably
11:23:00 <lbt> that kernel dependency looks nasty
11:24:58 <Sage_> well it has been there since v34 of systemd and v41 worked fine
11:26:12 <lbt> ah, didn't realise that - was looking in ml for any mention but not that far back
11:26:33 <Stskeeps> lbt: when we're not actively regressing
11:31:07 <lbt> OK - so carry on until next week and hope to have some of these issues resolved
11:31:19 <lbt> BTW - we should be having a bug-squash day tomorrow
11:31:30 <lbt> that's not feeling imminent though
11:31:36 <Stskeeps> yes
11:31:57 <lbt> iekku: do we need another reminder announce ?
11:32:19 <iekku> lbt, i can send reminder
11:32:30 <iekku> it wouldn't harm anyone to send it
11:32:39 <lbt> nod - ta
11:32:58 <lbt> (iekku: we can now resume our punk-cooking discussion)
11:33:28 <Stskeeps> anything else to discuss?
11:33:28 <iekku> :D
11:33:30 <lbt> anything else Stskeeps
11:33:51 <lbt> any vendor reps have any requirements?
11:33:58 <lbt> Aard: ?
11:34:12 <Aard> lbt: ?
11:34:20 <lbt> (or any mer people with other hats on)
11:34:21 <Stskeeps> any problems with releases, etc
11:34:21 <Stskeeps> :P
11:34:32 <lbt> or package version numbering
11:34:42 <phaeron> patiently waiting for release
11:35:17 <Stskeeps> alright, thank you all for coming
11:35:24 <lbt> would a VM boot test have caught this regression Stskeeps
11:35:48 <Stskeeps> potentially, but vendor hw adaptation tests too for sure
11:35:58 <lbt> OK
11:36:34 <phaeron> actually the complaint would be the issues were caught after the prerelease
11:36:45 <phaeron> that's ok , but it should be caught before
11:36:49 <Stskeeps> yeah
11:36:55 <phaeron> hence the vm boot as a smoke test
11:36:57 <Stskeeps> should have ben caught at change time
11:37:31 <lbt> OK - just wanted to clarify that in my mind
11:39:38 <lbt> done then ... ty
11:39:44 <Stskeeps> #endmeeting