11:03:16 <Stskeeps> #startmeeting Mer release management meeting
11:03:16 <MerBot> Meeting started Tue Jul 31 11:03:16 2012 UTC.  The chair is Stskeeps. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
11:03:16 <MerBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
11:03:33 <Stskeeps> #info one more systemd patch needed and we're ready for prerelease
11:04:23 <Stskeeps> #info Automatic smoke test QA would have been immensely useful
11:05:23 <Stskeeps> who else has something to report?
11:06:13 <lbt> #info quickbuild work in osc is done - pending changes are in Core for next release
11:07:17 <lbt> #info SDK is being updated and bugfixed at the moment - interested parties should contact me now for feature inclusion or to help with testing
11:09:02 <lbt> #info BOSS bundler work was paused but now works using Bundler which should make it *much* easier for any Mer systems using ruby to stay up-to-date
11:10:18 <lbt> #info git-pkg is now being used for Mer:Tools and works nicely. I'll release it around the time I release the SDK.
11:11:23 <lbt> mmm, think that's it for news
11:11:52 <phaeron> sorry too many things happening at the same time
11:12:01 <phaeron> we really need to discu git-pkg before pushing it
11:12:33 <lbt> I've been discussing it for many months :)
11:12:49 <lbt> now I'm JFDI'ing it
11:13:07 <phaeron> well I pointed out some things and you didn't address them yet so..
11:13:23 <lbt> this is not OBS-side
11:13:25 <Stskeeps> lbt: so we have ability to deploy an up to date BOSS?
11:13:39 <lbt> Stskeeps: yes, when we have one
11:13:46 <Stskeeps> (hmm?)
11:13:53 <phaeron> lbt: yes I know but it duplicates the obs side stuff
11:13:57 <phaeron> anyway discuss later
11:14:05 <phaeron> was just registering my point
11:14:08 <lbt> I've got a mechanism now - but we haven't ported boss to latest amqp gems etc
11:14:14 <lbt> phaeron: sure.
11:14:15 <Stskeeps> okay
11:14:35 <Stskeeps> can i expect ability to have an up to date BOSS installation on mer infra in next week, or should i use the old one?
11:14:45 <Stskeeps> (say no if you don't think it can be delivered)
11:15:26 <phaeron> imho with my current load I won't be able to help in this week , so I would rather do the boss and new process stuff after the release
11:15:43 <Stskeeps> alright, so i'll use old one
11:15:50 <lbt> I tend to agree - would rather focus on SDK
11:16:17 <Stskeeps> OK
11:16:23 <Stskeeps> the old installation 'works' so
11:17:15 <Stskeeps> phaeron: do you have an url for your osc-boss stuff?
11:17:56 <phaeron> Stskeeps: the python library ?
11:18:08 <Stskeeps> yes
11:18:24 <lbt> nb - I'm going to start pushing all git to mer's gitweb
11:18:55 <phaeron> "all" ?
11:19:02 <lbt> no problem with using github etc but master is mer git
11:19:08 <Stskeeps> mer-tools/ you mean?
11:19:14 <lbt> yes
11:19:26 <phaeron> Stskeeps: https://meego.gitorious.org/meego-infrastructure-tools/python-buildservice/trees/mint_master
11:19:37 <Stskeeps> phaeron: thank you
11:19:39 <phaeron> Stskeeps: it's not perfect but better than osc
11:19:44 <Stskeeps> do we have it packaged anywhere?
11:19:49 <Stskeeps> for opensuse/debian
11:20:12 <phaeron> Stskeeps: yes on cobs. Project:MINT:Testing
11:20:30 <phaeron> https://build.pub.meego.com/project/monitor?project=Project:MINT:Testing
11:20:33 <Stskeeps> thanks
11:20:48 <Stskeeps> lbt: where are we at with OBS with phaeron's disable-patch?
11:21:11 <lbt> I've done a review but need to create and run some tests
11:21:14 <phaeron> Stskeeps: lbt code reviewed it.
11:21:39 <lbt> I have packages in Mer:OBS:Devel
11:21:41 <Stskeeps> lbt: OK, can i get that around thursday sometime?
11:21:53 <lbt> ok
11:21:59 <Stskeeps> thanks
11:22:57 <Stskeeps> so my aim for this week is getting release out thursday
11:23:34 <lbt> and next snapshot out on friday?
11:23:42 <Stskeeps> of contents?
11:23:53 <Stskeeps> we'll see, a lot of stuff to review
11:23:58 <lbt> yes, I need new rpm and build at least
11:24:06 <Stskeeps> :nod:
11:25:10 <Stskeeps> any expectations towards release after the one on thursday?
11:26:02 <lbt> image tested
11:26:07 <lbt> blocker
11:27:03 <Stskeeps> :nod:
11:27:51 <lbt> I would like us to review how the gitpkg works for Tools and consider it for Core in that timeframe too
11:28:15 <Stskeeps> :nod: let's give it some weeks in tools
11:29:59 <phaeron> the first point I have is _src doesn't say what git repo it used
11:31:20 <lbt> it uses "."
11:31:39 <Stskeeps> lbt: got any documentation on the gitpkg stuff yet?
11:31:45 <Stskeeps> ie, standard working procedure for a packager/fixer
11:31:57 <lbt> yes
11:32:17 <lbt> I'm iterating it during 'real life' use in Tools prep - henc the release
11:32:34 <Stskeeps> ok, please let me know when you have it
11:33:06 <phaeron> anyway we discuss later
11:33:18 <Stskeeps> how are we doing on automatic VM testing side?
11:33:30 <lbt> essentially "gp_setup" to get going; symlink .git to your osc pkg dir and "gp_make_src" to update ready for osc ar/ci
11:33:43 <phaeron> I want to deploy it
11:34:17 <Stskeeps> phaeron: what do you need for this?
11:34:24 <Stskeeps> besides cookies, of course
11:34:28 <phaeron> :D
11:34:41 <phaeron> dinner ? ;)
11:34:52 <Stskeeps> yeah, sure
11:34:58 <Stskeeps> i meant in terms of infra
11:35:51 <phaeron> seriously though , share phost with obs worker , or powerful vm with nesting ( and hope it doesn't crash both ) and connectivity to boss
11:36:19 <phaeron> not crash both in case of nested vm only
11:37:16 <Stskeeps> lbt: how does our capacity look atm?
11:37:21 <lbt> phost4 came free
11:37:35 <lbt> I still need to do VM migrations
11:37:42 <Stskeeps> ok, let's use that for auto vm tests
11:37:54 <lbt> are we keeping it?
11:38:12 <Stskeeps> keeping?
11:38:18 <lbt> thought it may be worth dropping and picking up a better host - not 100% sure
11:38:39 * Stskeeps looks
11:38:41 <lbt> way back the plan included dropping it
11:38:44 <Stskeeps> what type is it?
11:39:02 <lbt> not sure - it's not on my dashboard
11:39:17 <Stskeeps> ok, so it's one of mine
11:39:17 <Stskeeps> sec
11:39:34 <Stskeeps>
11:39:35 <Stskeeps> ?
11:40:38 <Stskeeps> if so, it's a EX 5
11:41:03 <lbt> "phost4                     A            ; stskeeps replacement for monster"
11:41:04 <Stskeeps> i don't see any big reason to trade it up, 24 gb ram should be fine for qa workers
11:41:17 <lbt> so no
11:41:33 <lbt> it's phost3 which is monster and may want an upgrade
11:41:36 <Stskeeps> yes
11:42:01 <Stskeeps> lbt: can you do the needed to enable phaeron to do work on phost4?
11:42:06 <lbt> yep
11:42:18 <Stskeeps> my goal is basic i586 smoke testing as a stat
11:42:24 <lbt> phaeron: let me know when and we'll pair on it
11:43:04 <phaeron> lbt: ok , most probably next weekend. keep in mind we'll eventually want yunta's ots replacement
11:43:11 <lbt> yup
11:49:03 <Stskeeps> ok, anything else?
11:50:01 <lbt> nothing that's not come up in old meetings
11:50:09 <Stskeeps> alrightt
11:50:12 <Stskeeps> thank you all for coming
11:50:14 <Stskeeps> #endmeeting