11:01:05 <lbt> #startmeeting Mer Weekly bug triage on 6 August 2012
11:01:05 <MerBot> Meeting started Mon Aug  6 11:01:05 2012 UTC.  The chair is lbt. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
11:01:05 <MerBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
11:01:40 <lbt> We are obviously completely lost without iekku_ - so apologies for no email reminder
11:02:19 <lbt> #info We'll start with the bugs: https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=trivial&bug_severity=enhancement&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=TRIAGEDUPSTREAM&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=need-triage&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&query_format=advanced&order=bug_id
11:02:55 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=159 - osc vc produces a bad changelog format for Mer
11:03:11 <lbt> Stskeeps: you editing or busy?
11:03:15 <Stskeeps> this was triaged before?
11:03:49 <lbt> ah
11:04:03 <Stskeeps> i vote for no comment, back to not-taken
11:04:05 <lbt> I moved it and it reset the assignee
11:04:16 <lbt> moved from OBS to SDK
11:04:20 <Stskeeps> ok
11:04:31 <Stskeeps> #info back to not-taken@
11:04:35 <Stskeeps> next?
11:04:42 <lbt> you're editing .. OK
11:04:46 <Stskeeps> yes
11:04:48 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=497 - mic does not accept mipsel as a target
11:04:53 <Stskeeps> high
11:05:10 <lbt> mmm - dupe?
11:05:15 <lbt> I think I fixed it
11:05:31 * Sage jumps in
11:05:31 <Stskeeps> dupe of which, then?
11:05:46 <lbt> not sure, high assign to me, mark possible dupe and I'll resolve it
11:05:49 <Stskeeps> ok
11:06:03 <Stskeeps> nxext
11:06:04 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=498 - osc has deprecated URL at .spec/.yaml
11:06:21 <Sage> low
11:06:23 <lbt> usual task
11:06:25 <Stskeeps> yes
11:06:37 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=500 - Investigate/backport some Qt 5 patches to improve performance of Qt 4.8
11:06:59 <Stskeeps> low or normal
11:07:11 <Stskeeps> some of them are binary compatibility breaking
11:07:18 <lbt> mm
11:07:35 <lbt> low for Mer - possibly useful for vendors - not sure about abi issue
11:08:09 <Sage> enhancement low
11:08:26 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=501 - black screen with terminal on a virtual machine
11:08:43 <Sage> normal or high as it is quite annoying and preventing proper use.
11:08:47 <Stskeeps> that should be renamed to mesa llvmpipe doesn't do texture from pixmap
11:08:52 <lbt> nemo?
11:08:58 <Stskeeps> mer issue
11:09:01 <Stskeeps> it's in mesa-llvmpipe
11:09:23 <lbt> sounds HA
11:09:28 <Stskeeps> it isn't, sadly
11:09:32 <lbt> OK :)
11:09:50 <lbt> high then?
11:10:05 <Stskeeps> normal/major i set it to
11:10:26 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=502 - update libidn to 1.25
11:10:49 <Stskeeps> task, license check needed
11:10:57 <Stskeeps> low
11:11:06 <lbt> yes
11:11:10 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=503 - update icu to 49 [note new version numbering]
11:11:39 <Stskeeps> normal/task
11:11:47 <Sage> :nod:
11:12:21 <Sage> btw, we should call those update x to y or newer
11:12:25 <Stskeeps> :nod:
11:12:28 <Sage> not with specific version
11:12:44 <Stskeeps> next
11:12:47 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=504 - update gmp to 5.0.5
11:12:51 <Stskeeps> low/task
11:13:15 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=505 - no diffstat component in product Mer Core
11:13:44 <Stskeeps> move to project-core
11:14:08 <Stskeeps> or not
11:14:10 <Stskeeps> this goes to bugzilla
11:14:23 <lbt> it seems like a process question
11:14:55 <Stskeeps> i think we on occasion need to sync the components
11:14:59 <lbt> or a statement "the package addition process should be better defined and more inclusive"
11:15:32 <Stskeeps> moved to bugzilla
11:15:35 <Stskeeps> i'll let iekku take care of it
11:15:37 <Stskeeps> next?
11:15:53 <lbt> ok - but the real question is "
11:15:54 <lbt> document the [otherwise unilateral?]
11:15:56 <lbt> addition of a project?
11:16:12 <Stskeeps> yes
11:16:16 <Stskeeps> new bug to fit that perhaps?
11:16:31 <lbt> ok
11:16:35 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=506 - update libtalloc to 2.0.7
11:18:03 <Stskeeps> low/task
11:18:14 <Stskeeps> next
11:18:23 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=508 - mic create: parted: "The resulting partition is not properly aligned for best performance."
11:18:43 <Sage> uh
11:19:05 <Sage> I think I patches this long time ago for mic2 but it never got to the mic code and is not present in mic
11:19:36 <Stskeeps> ok
11:19:39 <Stskeeps> you'll take it?
11:19:54 <Stskeeps> low/normal bug i think
11:20:06 <Sage> hmm... if someone is willing to take it I would be happy :)
11:20:08 <lbt> added 517 for process bug
11:20:17 <Stskeeps> ok
11:20:19 <Stskeeps> sent to not-taken
11:20:36 <Sage> http://meego.gitorious.org/~sage/meego-developer-tools/sages-image-creator/commit/bf44c14bc47776d3fc88cea2e29f11abe2e417cc
11:20:41 <Sage> I think that is the patch for mic2
11:20:43 <Stskeeps> ok
11:21:44 <Sage> rebase will be probably pain so maybe just plain rewrite
11:22:37 <Sage> affects only raw image writes
11:22:39 <Stskeeps> ok
11:22:39 <lbt> worth adding the link
11:23:28 <Stskeeps> next?
11:23:34 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=514 - bug state should be updated automatically
11:23:38 <Sage> it was never tested properly thus not merged to mic2 iirc
11:23:41 <Stskeeps> normal prio?
11:23:53 <lbt> 508 isn't seeming to be updated?
11:24:19 <Stskeeps> sure it is
11:24:36 <lbt> I'm not seeing a triaged comment
11:24:51 <lbt> but link is there now
11:24:53 <lbt> nm
11:24:54 * Stskeeps isn't feeling too well today and is hence taking shortcuts..
11:25:01 <lbt> ah :)
11:25:14 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=514 - bug state should be updated automatically
11:25:25 <Sage> ? :)
11:25:40 <Stskeeps> normal prio?
11:25:54 <lbt> yes
11:26:12 <lbt> blocked by the whole "CI automation not done"
11:26:19 <lbt> comments welcome
11:26:25 <Stskeeps> agree
11:26:25 <Stskeeps> d
11:26:27 <Sage> lbt: seems ok :)
11:26:38 <Sage> I agree with the suggestion
11:26:39 <Stskeeps> next
11:26:49 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=515 - mcrypto should be called python-m2crypto
11:27:08 <lbt> high due to OCD issues
11:27:19 <Stskeeps> m2crypto, you mean
11:27:28 <lbt> oh yes
11:28:09 <Stskeeps> i have to say normal prio
11:28:16 <Stskeeps> as it involves more tangling than you could think
11:28:38 <lbt> I expect a lot of dependency fixing
11:28:51 <lbt> but it's only going to get worse
11:28:54 <Stskeeps> next?
11:28:59 <lbt> done for bugs
11:29:06 <Stskeeps> ok
11:29:09 <lbt> #topic Moving on to tasks: https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?emailassigned_to1=1&query_format=advanced&bug_severity=task&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=TRIAGEDUPSTREAM&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=need-triage&emailtype1=substring&order=bug_id
11:29:22 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=499 - sanity-checks: CI should verify that all source files are UTF8 compliant
11:29:31 <Stskeeps> low
11:29:39 <Stskeeps> useful check but a bit low..
11:30:24 <lbt> I agree
11:30:35 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=510 - Mer documentation should describe more about what timestamps do to OBS packages and rebuilds
11:30:48 <Stskeeps> low
11:31:07 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=516 - Mer needs clearer process for adding a package
11:31:14 <Stskeeps> normal
11:31:37 <lbt> resolve dupe of better 517 :)
11:31:45 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=517 - Mer Core package addition/removal/etc processes should be as clear as the current update one
11:31:50 <Sage> also process of removing a package?
11:31:51 <Stskeeps> ok
11:32:01 <Sage> ah :)
11:32:09 <lbt> Sage: +1
11:32:22 <lbt> rename too - m2crypto
11:32:33 <Stskeeps> done
11:32:43 <lbt> remove/rename should have a warning period too I guess
11:33:02 <Sage> lbt: I don't know if they need to.
11:33:13 <Sage> lbt: Provides: Obsoletes: in the .spec file should be enough
11:33:31 <Sage> otherwise just make a wiki page about added, removed, renamed components maybe?
11:33:39 <lbt> yeah - true for renames
11:33:51 <lbt> anyhow - minor point
11:34:06 <lbt> #info Task list is now: https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=task&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=not-taken%40&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&query_format=advanced&order=priority%2Cbug_id&query_based_on=
11:34:46 <Sage> uh. Time to start doing package update sprint soon I guess :)
11:35:00 <Stskeeps> Sage: nah, leave some for newcomers :)
11:35:12 <Sage> Well, there is plenty for them as well
11:35:49 <lbt> that was supposed to be the bugsquash day
11:35:50 * Sage wants to avoid mess like systemd/udev when getting too much behind.
11:37:50 <Sage> Xorg update is something we should check soon btw.
11:38:19 <Sage> 1.10.x vs 1.12.x atm.
11:41:32 <lbt> OK
11:42:45 <lbt> #info Not taken bugs: https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=trivial&bug_severity=enhancement&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=not-taken%40&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&query_format=advanced&order=priority%2Cbug_id&query_based_on=
11:44:45 <lbt> I think I can sort out package signing RSN
11:45:20 <lbt> any more or are we done?
11:46:13 <Stskeeps> think we're done
11:46:15 <Stskeeps> thank you all for coming
11:46:24 <lbt> #endmeeting