11:01:43 <Stskeeps> #startmeeting Mer release management meeting
11:01:43 <MerBot> Meeting started Tue Aug  7 11:01:43 2012 UTC.  The chair is Stskeeps. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
11:01:43 <MerBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
11:02:02 <lbt> o/
11:02:03 <phaeron> 
11:02:11 <Stskeeps> #info new mer release http://www.mail-archive.com/mer-general@lists.merproject.org/msg00651.html - 0.20120719.1
11:02:40 <Stskeeps> i propose we aim for a quick next release at 1608 latest
11:02:44 <lbt> +1
11:03:04 <Stskeeps> and do rapid snapshot releases as we go along
11:03:10 <Stskeeps> like, now
11:03:11 <Stskeeps> :P
11:03:30 <Stskeeps> #info propose 0.20120816.0.0.1 release today
11:03:41 <Stskeeps> (snapshot release)
11:04:02 <lbt> what's our todo list for it?
11:04:06 <lbt> rpm, build
11:04:15 <lbt> (from me)
11:04:24 <Stskeeps> rpm, build, new glib, bunch of new housekeeping fixes
11:04:43 <Stskeeps> already quite a few merged
11:05:31 <Stskeeps> lbt: do we have OBS packages with phaeron's disable/enable stuff?
11:05:43 <lbt> yes - last thursday as promised
11:05:50 <Stskeeps> ok
11:05:53 <lbt> OBS Devel atm
11:05:56 <Stskeeps> can you point me to the release?
11:06:02 <Stskeeps> or something i can use
11:06:21 <w00t> new qt mobility? :)
11:06:28 <Stskeeps> oh, yeah, bugfixed qt mobility
11:06:36 <Stskeeps> and qt4.8.2 came in too
11:07:16 <Stskeeps> #info planned update of CI OBS tomorrow
11:07:43 <lbt> Stskeeps: :Devel could do with better testing first
11:08:04 <Stskeeps> lbt: probably, this is what is happening :)
11:08:33 <lbt> I have it deployed locally but need to run the tests
11:08:42 <Stskeeps> ok, please do if you have time
11:08:51 <Stskeeps> phaeron: any news on VM-QA testing deployment on mer infra?
11:08:59 <phaeron> no
11:09:04 <Stskeeps> alright
11:09:18 <lbt> oh yes, should have been this w/end
11:09:57 <Stskeeps> any other comments from release expectations?
11:10:20 <phaeron> is the release notification signal done ?
11:10:33 <phaeron> sorry if it is OT
11:11:06 <Stskeeps> phaeron: that'll be as a start in the create release script
11:11:11 <lbt> no - will be done though
11:11:13 <Stskeeps> then it'll move on to change-based
11:11:22 <phaeron> ok thanks
11:11:29 <lbt> been thinking about it
11:11:51 <lbt> how's ssl in mer Stskeeps?
11:11:55 <lbt> certs etc?
11:11:55 <phaeron> nb. I am quiet these days, just ping me if you need anything
11:12:05 <Stskeeps> lbt: moving forward, we have a new rehash sript
11:12:06 <lbt> phaeron: OK - will do
11:12:19 <lbt> Stskeeps: blocker for next
11:12:22 <lbt> ?
11:12:34 <phaeron> it would help if we fix curl too
11:13:18 <Stskeeps> yes, though people need to contribute that work in order to get that working
11:13:31 * phaeron will try
11:13:35 <Stskeeps> k
11:14:12 <Stskeeps> i've accepted multi_c_rehash for review, so that's a good start
11:14:35 <Stskeeps> lbt: will you kick off a snapshot later today then?
11:14:37 <phaeron> I'll try to set aside an hour for curl and zypper today
11:14:48 <phaeron> just a bit loaded
11:14:52 <Stskeeps> phaeron: btw, good work on automatic VM testing, it was a great feedback to release management
11:14:53 <lbt> Stskeeps: yeah - but I may need to houskeep first :/
11:15:08 <phaeron> Stskeeps: thanks
11:15:23 <lbt> Stskeeps: did you merge 'build' yet?
11:15:27 <Stskeeps> lbt: yes
11:15:40 <lbt> nm .. changelog doesn't mention 215 I think
11:15:58 <lbt> checking bugs for potential inclusion
11:17:39 <lbt> I'm thinking about a post to ml saying we're open for trivial bug fixes too
11:17:45 <Stskeeps> that is coming
11:17:57 <Stskeeps> take a look at http://review.merproject.org/#q,status:merged,n,z
11:18:16 <Stskeeps> a lot of small fixes
11:18:21 <lbt> good
11:18:36 <lbt> nb - is ccache in core?
11:18:40 <lbt> shouldn't it be in tools?
11:19:07 <Stskeeps> i think we discusssed this.. it has to be in core because otherwise you can't fast-build core things
11:19:13 <Stskeeps> without external dependencies
11:19:35 <lbt> ah, thinking distcc
11:19:39 <lbt> sorry
11:20:04 <Stskeeps> http://review.merproject.org/#change,732 is ccache commit
11:20:07 <Stskeeps> probably needs a kick
11:20:18 <phaeron> even that would be needed in core afaiu (if it works with sb2)
11:20:25 <Stskeeps> it doesn't really, i think
11:20:54 <lbt> I'd be happier after the toolchain split I suppose
11:21:07 <Stskeeps> yeah, though i'm a little unsure if that's still needed
11:21:14 <Stskeeps> given recent news in android hw enablement
11:22:38 <Stskeeps> we'll see how things go
11:22:56 <lbt> phaeron: what do we need to do to update IMG
11:23:14 <lbt> I wasn't aware Mer's install was old
11:23:18 <lbt> I know we need new mic
11:23:34 <lbt> you mentioned that it uses the wrong kind of rootfs
11:23:49 <Stskeeps> lbt: what's your plan on SDK release?
11:24:16 <phaeron> I am not sure how it was set up. but you can just upgrade mic (it is already using mic so it should be recent enough)
11:24:40 <lbt> phaeron: OK - I think I need to update the debian packaging
11:25:16 <phaeron> yeah I ignored debian for some time
11:25:28 <lbt> we're deployed on it :/
11:25:29 <Stskeeps> phaeron: what do you run IMG on personally?
11:25:42 <phaeron> opensuse 12.1
11:25:43 <Stskeeps> ok
11:26:46 <Stskeeps> lbt: any particular reason we're on debian for img?
11:26:56 <lbt> Stskeeps: 1) finish groups 2) redo kickstarts to remove sb2 toolchains and make some variants 3) check clean install works 4) check upgrade process works 5) add more tools 6) Release
11:27:05 <Stskeeps> lbt: alright
11:27:27 <lbt> we use debian as a continuation of meego policy which uses debian for all VMs
11:28:01 <lbt> since we just don't know suse as well which makes securing/managing general purpose stuff hard
11:28:19 <lbt> for specific service machines I don't mind using suse
11:28:23 <Stskeeps> ok, so we have an extra burden on MINT, got it
11:28:35 <phaeron> at least for worker opensuse is closest we can get to recent kernel and kvm
11:28:51 <lbt> also we're all a year+ on in our experience
11:29:00 <lbt> that decision may be reviewable
11:29:15 <phaeron> for webui, not really essential but haven't packaged / tested for debian for some time
11:29:29 <lbt> yep - so what else is in MINT ?
11:29:40 <lbt> and do we move to pure Suse-only?
11:29:56 <lbt> for MINT, not infra
11:29:56 <Stskeeps> or fix the debian packaging..
11:29:56 <Stskeeps> :P
11:30:12 <lbt> yeah - I'd like Mer Systems to support Debian too
11:30:35 <phaeron> boss - boss-viewer - python-builservice -  boss-standard-workflow are the things I use most
11:30:44 <phaeron> off the top of my head
11:30:49 <phaeron> use and write code in
11:30:54 <Stskeeps> phaeron: did E-P manage to get auto vm testing working on his own, if you recall?
11:31:12 <phaeron> I think he got something working
11:31:17 <Stskeeps> ok
11:31:22 <lbt> phaeron: what effort is needed to make it easy to keep debian up-to-date too ?
11:31:23 <phaeron> not auto though
11:31:37 <Stskeeps> just if we want to have tools for people start to work on tests on a vm style thing easily
11:32:08 <phaeron> lbt: the git-buildpackage approach is too tied to debian and broke recently afair so I stopped caring and moved to spec and rpm only
11:32:35 <lbt> *nod*
11:33:23 <Stskeeps> okay, anything else on the table?
11:33:24 <phaeron> besides I wanted to use my server side pull source from git to save time, effort , and sanity
11:33:46 <phaeron> so building a new package is one click or one command
11:34:32 <phaeron> Stskeeps: not from me
11:35:16 <Stskeeps> i'm hoping for a beta1 of qt5 any time now, as well
11:36:20 <Stskeeps> ok, thank you all for coming
11:36:21 <Stskeeps> #endmeeting