11:07:47 <lbt> #startmeeting Mer Bug Triage 13 Aug 2012
11:07:47 <MerBot`> Meeting started Mon Aug 13 11:07:47 2012 UTC.  The chair is lbt. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
11:07:47 <MerBot`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
11:08:38 <lbt> #info We'll start with the bugs: https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=trivial&bug_severity=enhancement&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=TRIAGEDUPSTREAM&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=need-triage&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&query_format=advanced&order=bug_id
11:09:03 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=518 - Define mer_version for each of the releases to make it possible to use same packaging against multiple mer versions
11:09:27 <lbt> there is a kitten chasing my mouse pointer ... there may be errors
11:09:28 <Stskeeps> we can -maybe- do that in prjconf in sane manner?
11:09:42 <lbt> we can I think
11:09:56 <lbt> not sure how MDS will handle it
11:10:01 <lbt> should work fine
11:10:33 <lbt> I'd say high - and release blocker for this release
11:10:41 <Stskeeps> mmm
11:10:51 <lbt> it is only a macro definition - nothing mandates that it is used
11:10:53 <Stskeeps> a proper solution isn't possible for this release, but we can add the macro
11:10:53 <iekku> sorry i was late
11:11:02 <Stskeeps> iekku: will you do the bug changes?
11:11:11 <Stskeeps> i'm not feeling too well today, so
11:11:11 <iekku> sure
11:11:15 <Stskeeps> thanks
11:11:30 <lbt> so Stskeeps, yeah, not a 'full' solution - but create a macro for sure
11:11:38 <Stskeeps> yes
11:11:39 <Stskeeps> assign over to me
11:12:08 <lbt> no need, I can do this
11:12:14 <Stskeeps> ok
11:12:32 <lbt> I thought I put some notes in the bug - I will
11:12:50 <lbt> nb this all comes from talking to #obs guys
11:14:07 <lbt> ok with high+blocker?
11:14:18 <Stskeeps> ok
11:14:33 <lbt> #info high and blocker (just making the macro)
11:14:33 <iekku> lbt, assign to you already?
11:14:39 <lbt> sure
11:15:09 <lbt> iekku: say done when done :)
11:15:43 <iekku> lbt, you can go on
11:15:45 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=519 - Updating setup and filesystem package fails at times when doing osc build
11:16:28 <Stskeeps> happens on arm builds only, sage?
11:16:50 <Sage> I though it happens with x86 and arm. but not sure
11:16:53 <Stskeeps> ok
11:17:08 <lbt> normal?
11:17:15 <Stskeeps> normal
11:17:23 <lbt> tempted to needinfo it too
11:17:30 <iekku> :nod:
11:17:43 <lbt> Sage: can you track and confirm x86 - so it's not sb2
11:18:39 <Sage> lbt: well, I can try. Not sure if I can reprocude it easily as I'm not sure what situation it happened (which version to which)
11:18:53 <Sage> but yes, I can give it a go
11:19:42 <lbt> *nod* sucks :)
11:20:30 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=527 - kickstarter should allow excluding inherited elements
11:20:41 <iekku> lbt, no info for previous?
11:20:50 <lbt> oh yes
11:20:59 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=519 - Updating setup and filesystem package fails at times when doing osc build
11:21:23 <lbt> #info normal, needsinfo (intermittent)
11:21:30 <iekku> thanks :)
11:21:32 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=527 - kickstarter should allow excluding inherited elements
11:21:56 <lbt> I'd say low
11:22:19 <iekku> task?
11:22:25 <lbt> I don't think this is blocking anything
11:22:32 <lbt> task or enhancement
11:22:56 <Sage> enhancement
11:22:59 <lbt> Sage re-wrote a lot of the ks recently
11:23:19 <lbt> I think it goes to MINT/kickstarter too
11:23:19 <Sage> afaik all the required/blockers are now implemented
11:24:09 <lbt> #info low / enhancement
11:24:13 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=532 - ccache is broken on ARM
11:24:57 <lbt> I think normal
11:25:12 <lbt> it's a performance issue on local builds
11:25:54 <Stskeeps> yes
11:25:56 <iekku> normal-major?
11:26:53 <lbt> we don't tend to use major - but yes, it sounds like it so why not
11:27:19 <lbt> #info normal / major (reasonable effort needed to resolve)
11:27:36 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=534 - zypper install should take patterns as an argument
11:28:11 <lbt> low enhancement ?
11:28:29 <Sage> ?
11:28:30 <lbt> it annoyed me :)
11:28:33 <Stskeeps> i really thought it had one
11:28:33 <Sage> zypper install -t pattern X ?
11:28:42 <lbt> zypper install X
11:28:54 <lbt> wtf is -t pattern needed for?
11:29:29 <Sage> no idea :)
11:29:45 <lbt> zypper says:     'rubbish' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
11:29:50 <Sage> patterns are also updated with zypper ref; and not with zypper up so might be related?
11:29:56 <lbt> so why not "trying patterns"
11:30:09 <lbt> no, it's a real missing feature
11:30:15 <Sage> ok
11:30:45 <lbt> but I don't know what a capability is - and wanted a sanity check about carrying a patch to zypper
11:31:02 <lbt> #info low / enhancement
11:31:24 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=535 - Let systemd handle automatically /proc, /sys and /dev/* mounts
11:32:06 <lbt> needs to be addressed in SDK too
11:32:23 <Sage> isn't that automatically addressed there when mic is fixed?
11:32:43 <lbt> IMHO mic should not mess with the fs it makes
11:32:58 <lbt> "shut up and do what I tell you"
11:33:16 <Sage> yes, this fits to that thinking :)
11:33:17 <lbt> else we end up with helpful fixes to /etc/mtab...
11:33:52 <lbt> so I think we need an SDK systemd-alt package or something
11:34:37 <lbt> would systemd own /proc ?
11:34:42 <lbt> the unmounted dir
11:35:05 <lbt> and the /dev/shm /dev/pts etc?
11:37:03 <lbt> so?
11:37:13 <lbt> normal/enhancement
11:37:17 <Stskeeps> filesystem should own /proc /etc
11:37:18 <Stskeeps> :P
11:37:58 <Stskeeps> normal bug i guess
11:38:31 <lbt> #info normal / normal
11:38:42 <lbt> #topic Moving on to tasks: https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?emailassigned_to1=1&query_format=advanced&bug_severity=task&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=TRIAGEDUPSTREAM&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=need-triage&emailtype1=substring&order=bug_id
11:39:49 <lbt> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=531 - ofono should have -tracing package
11:40:13 <Stskeeps> normal
11:40:16 <Stskeeps> just useful to have
11:40:47 <lbt> #info normal / normal
11:40:56 <lbt> #info normal / task
11:41:07 <lbt> #info Task list is now: https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=task&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=not-taken%40&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&query_format=advanced&order=priority%2Cbug_id&query_based_on=
11:41:46 <iekku> my internet is almost fdead...
11:42:05 <lbt> #info Not taken bugs: https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=trivial&bug_severity=enhancement&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=not-taken%40&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&query_format=advanced&order=priority%2Cbug_id&query_based_on=
11:45:47 <Stskeeps> no comments
11:46:22 <lbt> only about version numbering mega-task
11:46:35 <lbt> but not now :)
11:46:38 <lbt> all done?
11:46:44 <Stskeeps> think so
11:46:47 <Stskeeps> need brains, and food
11:47:30 <lbt> thank you all for coming
11:47:34 <lbt> #endmeeting