12:00:00 <E-P> #startmeeting Mer QA meeting 16/08/2012
12:00:00 <MerBot> Meeting started Thu Aug 16 12:00:00 2012 UTC.  The chair is E-P. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
12:00:00 <MerBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
12:00:06 <E-P> #topic Current status
12:00:28 <E-P> I have been busy last weeks and I will be busy next weeks too
12:00:36 <iekku> i can't join
12:00:54 <E-P> I executed the current smoke test set to latest and prerelease releases
12:01:09 <Stskeeps> how did your latest prerelease one go, out of curiousity?
12:01:13 <curiosity_> result was ok?
12:01:15 <Stskeeps> that is, 0.1 from last night
12:01:33 <E-P> from 25, 3 cases failed
12:01:54 <E-P> one alsa and then modprobe and insmod binaries didn't work
12:02:55 <E-P> all the cases passed on older release
12:02:57 <Stskeeps> :nod:
12:03:15 <E-P> https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Quality/Test_coverage#Test_plans
12:03:17 <E-P> that is the test plan
12:03:31 <curiosity_> result is going wrong direction
12:03:47 <Stskeeps> or just bigger changes in how modules are handled
12:03:55 <Stskeeps> as we went from module-init-tools to kmod
12:04:01 <E-P> then I filed a task for extending the test-definition, https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=539
12:04:11 <E-P> yes, I think it's mainly because of that
12:04:45 <E-P> what is the status of the QA reports? I could upload results to there
12:05:02 <E-P> lbt ^
12:05:04 <lbt> #info I'm working on infrastructure and should be able to setup VMs soon
12:05:53 <E-P> #info executed smoke tests to prerelease, from 25 tests 3 failed
12:07:45 <E-P> does someone else have something to share?
12:08:07 <E-P> I will continue with test coverage when I have time
12:08:08 <Stskeeps> #info Successful copyprj but some problems on backend source service in terms of performance/speed
12:08:35 <Stskeeps> so going steadily forward
12:08:51 <E-P> good
12:09:42 <Stskeeps> #info smoke testing (also tests that phaeron has run) has been invaluable for assessing release quality
12:10:29 <E-P> we are getting better and better :)
12:10:44 <sledges> +1
12:12:31 <E-P> I cannot host the next qa meeting because I am somewhere in the baltic sea then and maybe not even the next next meeting because I might not have internet connection available
12:12:36 <Stskeeps> :nod:
12:12:39 <Stskeeps> i can host i guess
12:12:50 <E-P> would be great
12:13:32 <E-P> I can add the smoke test results to wiki until we have the qa-reports
12:13:53 <curiosity_> great
12:14:04 <Stskeeps> so which 3 failed, btw?
12:15:42 <E-P> ALSA core Add and remove control element, modprobe -V and insmod -V
12:17:06 <Stskeeps> ah
12:18:05 <E-P> but are those modprobe and insmod valid anymore?
12:19:07 <Stskeeps> they are but may take other parameters
12:19:55 <E-P> ok, I will check them
12:20:52 <Stskeeps> so those tests that are part of smoke tests are working?
12:20:57 <Stskeeps> as some didn't work in past
12:22:24 <E-P> yes, I have got all of them passed with older release
12:22:37 <E-P> I have to check that my ks file is up-to-date too
12:23:35 <Stskeeps> alright
12:25:19 <E-P> are we done for today?
12:29:01 <Stskeeps> think so
12:29:08 <lbt> yep
12:29:55 <E-P> thanks for coming
12:30:01 <Stskeeps> thanks for hosting
12:30:14 <curiosity_> see u
12:30:19 <E-P> #endmeeting