12:00:02 <Stskeeps> #startmeeting Mer Release Management meeting 2/10/2012
12:00:02 <Merbot> Meeting started Tue Oct  2 12:00:02 2012 UTC.  The chair is Stskeeps. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
12:00:02 <Merbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
12:00:47 <Stskeeps> so whos' here?
12:00:48 <Stskeeps> :)
12:00:51 <Sage_> o/
12:02:20 <Stskeeps> lbt? :)
12:02:30 <lbt> o/
12:02:38 <Stskeeps> alright
12:02:39 <lbt> just munchin baguette :)
12:02:50 * dm8tbr accidentally stumbles in
12:02:57 <Stskeeps> #info next mer release will come out when we've tested current mer-next and nemo images
12:02:57 <lbt> welcome
12:03:54 <Stskeeps> next release.. sage has been working on the /lib -> %{_prefix}/lib story
12:03:59 <Stskeeps> to save us a lot of trouble
12:05:21 <Sage_> Created nemo releases today that can be used to test more the current mer prerelease
12:05:31 <Sage_> however based on the previous test it was in qiute nice shape already
12:05:58 <Sage_> I was suggesting that we could do very quick mer release next. We already have over 30 reviews in gerrit that have +1 status
12:06:13 <Stskeeps> i think for next release we need to work hard on QA
12:06:14 <Sage_> so merging all that has +1 -> test -> release
12:06:19 <Stskeeps> i'm doing some base work to get us a basic set as well
12:06:52 <lbt> yep - my QA plans for this couple of weeks were scuppered sadly
12:07:00 <Sage_> Stskeeps: well, I meant that we could do probably this fast release before the QA as it should (yes ;)) be through under a week.
12:07:28 <Sage_> So what I'm saying use the machinery while waiting for the QA submits.
12:08:12 <Stskeeps> :nod:
12:08:21 <Sage_> If we could release current -next on Thursday or so and the next already on Tuesday for example
12:08:44 <Stskeeps> thursday yes, next on tuesday.. let's see
12:09:16 <Stskeeps> prerelease soon after, yes
12:09:25 <Stskeeps> lbt: how's SDK doing?
12:10:16 <lbt> #info Mer SDK 6.1.0 was released since our last meeting
12:10:42 <lbt> I currently have a couple of tools in Mer:Tools:Testing which need promoting
12:10:56 <lbt> I'm planning on a rolling release for the SDK too
12:10:57 <Sage_> I have patch to mer-kickstarter that should go in
12:11:05 <lbt> I'm at 0.17 ?
12:11:08 <Sage_> 0.18 tag to be created
12:11:10 <lbt> OK
12:11:24 <Sage_> bug we introduced in 0.17
12:11:34 <lbt> rolling release is essentially like installing from Mer:Tools OBS repo
12:11:56 <Sage_> lbt: when chaging from list to dict the merge of stuff broke http://meego.gitorious.org/~sage/meego-developer-tools/sages-kickstarter/commit/dc354988ba71967df9913df24dbe2fd892de49f8
12:12:36 <Sage_> lbt: I'll tag and you can pull the new release for that?
12:12:45 <lbt> OK
12:13:13 <Stskeeps> Sage_: so, prerelease friday and nemo images saturday?
12:13:32 <lbt> I'm using phaeron's repodiff btw but it's a bit buried inside boss-workflow
12:13:34 <Sage_> Stskeeps: prelrease of the current -next?
12:13:40 <Sage_> or the upcoming next? :D
12:13:56 <Stskeeps> upcoming -next
12:14:32 * lbt thinks we release 0.20120920.1 as soon as we get the OK from Nemo images
12:14:41 <Sage_> sounds plausible
12:14:41 <Stskeeps> that's the idea
12:15:25 <Sage_> my main concern is stacking reviews in gerrit thus I would like to get "clean" done
12:16:09 <lbt> can we do some manual image builds on img?
12:16:33 <Stskeeps> also possible
12:16:55 <lbt> or are we still blocked by the missing copyproject code?
12:17:32 <lbt> they'd be slightly fudged - but I'd like to see a note saying "using this ks I built this image and so approve this revieew"
12:17:59 <lbt> happy to skip for silly things like url changes
12:18:11 <lbt> and ideally I'd like those to be kvm images
12:18:39 <lbt> so we can run them up, ping test and get a systemctl status report
12:19:47 <Stskeeps> well, we can do that with what phaeron has
12:20:12 <lbt> yeah - I'd like to see the manual instructions in the wiki
12:20:26 <Stskeeps> at least E-P replicated them
12:20:31 <lbt> ideally as "do this to verify your build"
12:21:09 <Stskeeps> and we can do this on snapshot level at first
12:21:46 <lbt> right - so I've not looked at the detail of which repos to test against
12:25:39 <lbt> OK ... so
12:25:56 <Stskeeps> anything else to report or discuss?
12:26:27 <lbt> gitpkg is working for me in Mer:Tools
12:26:33 <lbt> not tried it with Gerrit yet
12:27:10 <lbt> I have some time allocated to work on some blockers for version numbering too
12:27:16 <Stskeeps> ok
12:27:28 <Stskeeps> i'm going to be using my idle hours for QA stuff i think
12:32:36 <lbt> all done?
12:32:48 <lbt> release as soon as Sage_ gives the nod
12:32:57 <lbt> snapshot on friday
12:33:21 <Stskeeps> all done i think
12:33:25 <Stskeeps> thank you all for coming
12:33:27 <Stskeeps> #endmeeting