12:07:03 <Stskeeps> #startmeeting Mer release meeting
12:07:03 <Merbot`> Meeting started Tue Nov 27 12:07:03 2012 UTC.  The chair is Stskeeps. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
12:07:03 <Merbot`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
12:07:08 <Stskeeps> welcome to mer release meeting :)
12:07:11 <Stskeeps> who's around?
12:07:22 <lbt> afternoon all
12:08:38 <Stskeeps> i'm hoping to get accounts framework in, and qtmobility fix, and make a prerelease
12:09:18 <phaeron> too late ?
12:09:24 <Stskeeps> nah
12:09:25 <lbt> just starting
12:09:30 <Stskeeps> [13:08] <Stskeeps> i'm hoping to get accounts framework in, and qtmobility fix, and make a prerelease
12:09:34 <Stskeeps> other things i should wait for?
12:09:56 <lbt> Sage has new repomd-pattern-builder
12:10:11 <lbt> which, btw, I can't test as gitorious has been down all morning
12:10:20 <Stskeeps> :nod:
12:10:21 <lbt> and now is up :D
12:11:04 <lbt> I think there's an update to kernel config check needs pushing too
12:11:05 <phaeron> minimal qt / qt examples and docs split
12:11:06 <phaeron> ?
12:11:21 <Stskeeps> mm, i guess i can peek at that this week
12:11:41 <lbt> ruby in core...
12:11:44 * lbt runs
12:11:58 <Stskeeps> yeah.. that's another bizarre thing
12:12:05 <Stskeeps> qtwebkit seems to be requiring ruby(!) to build
12:13:14 <phaeron> damn
12:13:30 <phaeron> probably for tests ?
12:13:36 <lbt> seems not
12:13:48 <lbt> some kind of JIT thing?
12:13:50 <Stskeeps> nop, for some offline JIT stuff
12:14:34 <lbt> this is new though?
12:14:45 <Stskeeps> yeah
12:14:48 <lbt> I wonder if we should at least raise it upstream
12:15:03 <Stskeeps> i should try out a new qemu as well to see if it solves armv7tnhl
12:15:30 <Stskeeps> sage has one waiting
12:17:01 <lbt> mmm and iirc there's a conflict on that too
12:18:36 <phaeron> moc date embedding patcj
12:18:39 <phaeron> patch
12:18:40 <Stskeeps> that's in
12:18:44 <Stskeeps> (moc)
12:18:45 <phaeron> \o/
12:19:09 <Sage> o/
12:19:20 <Sage> sry
12:19:21 <phaeron> Stskeeps: policy kit for qt multimedia ?
12:20:26 <Sage> Stskeeps: pattern-builder I would like to get in as well. if lbt manages to test if it works for him now
12:20:41 <lbt> Sage: mentioned that - pull just worked
12:20:48 <Stskeeps> phaeron: that one is a bit harder
12:20:56 <phaeron> Stskeeps: why
12:21:21 <Stskeeps> phaeron: libresource dependencies and i'd like to have a better understanding of the issue
12:21:39 <Stskeeps> it's resource policy, not policy kit
12:22:00 <phaeron> ah yeah not polkit
12:22:09 <phaeron> reskit :D
12:22:38 <phaeron> afair we looked at the dephraphs for  resource stuff and there was clean spearation
12:22:43 <phaeron> *separation
12:24:56 <Stskeeps> either way, in the interest of us getting a release out on time, this is not something that's ready now, but it's a topic that need discussing
12:25:23 <Stskeeps> i'm hoping that we can do a prerelease later this week, get it tested over the weekend
12:25:32 <lbt> what's our target date?
12:25:36 <lbt> I'm in US next week
12:25:38 <phaeron> oh I thought we were suggesting stuff for next release
12:26:11 <lbt> available a bit but would be tricky to do anything thur/fri
12:26:13 <Stskeeps> well, sortof, what still needs to go in and is ready, i guess
12:26:15 <Sage> I don't have much stuff for the next but probably should do some generic package updates as well at some point
12:26:54 <phaeron> there was a small ofono update
12:27:02 <phaeron> that might make it work better with connman
12:27:43 <Stskeeps> ok, didn't know of that
12:28:18 <Sage> Stskeeps: http://review.merproject.org/#change,967 would be nice to get in btw.
12:29:01 <Stskeeps> Sage: mm, we should probably announce that, if we are dropping uxlaunch from basic patterns
12:29:25 <phaeron> the news feed on their website is out of date but http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/network/ofono/
12:29:32 <Sage> sure, it is not critical
12:29:34 <phaeron> says we are behind a couple of point releases
12:29:52 <phaeron> one or two don't remember
12:29:53 <Sage> phaeron: it is always behind ;)
12:35:57 <Stskeeps> lbt: thur/fri this week?
12:36:17 <lbt> that's fine (but very close)
12:36:35 <Stskeeps> well, as in, probable prerelease
12:36:40 <Stskeeps> people are falling ill all around us, so ;)
12:38:18 <Stskeeps> when are you on the go?
12:38:27 <lbt> saturday morning
12:38:37 <Stskeeps> ok
12:39:01 <lbt> should be online on sunday night - maybe sat
12:41:05 <Sage> sounds good
12:41:27 <lbt> WFM
12:41:35 <Stskeeps> k
12:42:01 <lbt> 10 Dec release?
12:42:29 <lbt> or try for the 5th when I'm in west-coast US TZ
12:42:30 <Stskeeps> i think we can do it earlier
12:42:37 <Stskeeps> 5th should be fine
12:43:05 <Sage> 6th?
12:43:12 <Sage> 5th doesn't leave much space for testing
12:43:19 <Stskeeps> ok
12:43:19 <Sage> if it is ready on sunday that is
12:43:23 <Stskeeps> 6th then
12:43:29 <lbt> I'm in presentation mode all day 6th/7th
12:43:38 <lbt> flying 7th. asleep/tango 8th
12:43:42 <lbt> 9th is sunday
12:43:44 <lbt> hence 10th :)
12:43:57 * Stskeeps makes a note to either clone lbt or train somebody to do it too
12:44:07 * phaeron hides
12:44:12 <lbt> hey, this is me:   it's documented :)
12:44:20 <Stskeeps> i see a volunteer hiding
12:45:22 <Sage> ;)
12:46:03 <Stskeeps> let's see how things go, but ideally 5-6th, or 10th
12:46:36 <lbt> and we'll confirm a date at pre-release 'go' time
12:46:44 <Stskeeps> ok
12:47:07 * lbt brings up release numbering
12:47:24 <lbt> (since he wants to go shopping and that should kill the meeting)
12:47:30 <Stskeeps> yes, let's finish up
12:47:31 <Stskeeps> :P
12:47:33 <Sage> ;)
12:47:36 <Stskeeps> thank you all for coming
12:47:37 <Stskeeps> #endmeeting