11:07:34 <iekku> #startmeeting Mer bug triage 22/7/2013
11:07:35 <Merbot> Meeting started Mon Jul 22 11:07:34 2013 UTC.  The chair is iekku. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
11:07:35 <Merbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
11:07:38 <iekku> welcome
11:07:47 <iekku> #topic We'll start with the new bugs:
11:07:49 <iekku> #link https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=trivial&bug_severity=enhancement&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=TRIAGEDUPSTREAM&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=need-triage&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&query_format=advanced&order=bug_id
11:08:20 <iekku> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=714 qdeclarativesqldatabase does not correctly close dbconnection if existing db version is not correct
11:08:20 <Merbot> Mer bug 714 in qt "qdeclarativesqldatabase does not correctly close dbconnection if existing db version is not correct" [Normal,New]
11:14:41 <fk_lx> me thinks it's not critical, but it's important problem
11:15:19 <iekku> maybe normal then
11:15:59 <iekku> ?
11:16:16 <fk_lx> sounds ok
11:16:42 <iekku> #info normal
11:16:59 <iekku> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=716 SMTP AUTH: LOGIN and PLAIN use IMAP password instead of configured smtppassword
11:16:59 <Merbot> Mer bug 716 in qmf "SMTP AUTH: LOGIN and PLAIN use IMAP password instead of configured smtppassword" [Normal,New]
11:23:33 <fk_lx> in my opinion it is also normal, but maybe someone experienced could also say sth
11:25:36 <fk_lx> iekku: kind of thought that more pepole are involved in triages
11:25:42 <fk_lx> *people
11:28:10 <iekku> fk_lx, usually there has been
11:28:17 <fk_lx> ah ok :-)
11:28:28 <iekku> but since there's only me and you, i'm not sure if this makes any sense
11:28:48 <fk_lx> anyway I think it is normal and if no one obeys then you should go to next one
11:28:54 <iekku> july is difficult to lbt, that i know already :)
11:29:03 <iekku> let's do so
11:29:17 <lbt> oh hey
11:29:23 <fk_lx> lbt: hi
11:29:24 <fk_lx> :-)
11:29:32 <iekku> :D
11:29:40 <iekku> speaking of the d.... :P
11:29:45 <fk_lx> :-D
11:29:47 <iekku> #info normal
11:29:55 <iekku> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=723 update xorg-x11-server to 1.13.4 or 1.14.1 [CVE-2013-1940]
11:29:55 <Merbot> Mer bug 723 in xorg-x11-server "update xorg-x11-server to 1.13.4 or 1.14.1 [CVE-2013-1940]" [Normal,New]
11:29:58 <iekku> task
11:30:19 <lbt> high too
11:30:25 <lbt> all CVE updates should be high
11:30:31 <iekku> #info high-task
11:30:46 <iekku> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=724 update libtiff to 4.0.3 or later; (+patch?) [CVE-2013-1960, CVE-2013-1961]
11:30:46 <Merbot> Mer bug 724 in libtiff "update libtiff to 4.0.3 or later; (+patch?) [CVE-2013-1960, CVE-2013-1961]" [Normal,New]
11:30:51 <iekku> high - task?
11:31:33 <fk_lx> if lbt said that all CVE should be high
11:31:35 <lbt> none of them stand out as high risk
11:31:50 <lbt> mass update?
11:32:07 <lbt> up to 754 anyhow
11:32:15 <fk_lx> seems reasonable
11:32:23 <iekku> ok
11:32:47 <iekku> #info all CVE related updates are high - tasks, mass  change to be done.
11:33:01 <dm8tbr> btw: do we have a script to match CVEs against our packages?
11:33:34 <dm8tbr> I mean one that would autocreate tickets etc
11:34:06 <lbt> no :(
11:34:16 <lbt> that's a bug already
11:34:21 <lbt> old one
11:34:29 <dm8tbr> I know who should have one
11:34:38 <dm8tbr> I could try to gently ask them
11:34:41 <lbt> :)
11:34:51 <iekku> dm8tbr, that would be nice
11:35:05 <iekku> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=758 macro _default_patch_fuzz inconsistent between obs, sdk and native build
11:35:05 <Merbot> Mer bug 758 in rpm "macro _default_patch_fuzz inconsistent between obs, sdk and native build" [Task,New]
11:35:55 <lbt> that's normal
11:35:58 <lbt> needs fixing
11:36:50 <Uninstall> hello guys
11:36:53 <iekku> what the`?
11:36:56 <Uninstall> I'm here for the triage
11:37:08 <iekku> why those were changed too?
11:37:12 <Uninstall> iekku: tiff has been fixed by the way ;)
11:37:24 <iekku> there seems to be bug at our bz
11:37:30 <lbt> iekku: oops
11:37:48 <iekku> #info normal
11:37:49 <lbt> hey Uninstall
11:37:59 <iekku> Uninstall, welcome
11:38:05 <Uninstall> hello :)
11:38:25 <iekku> oh, no there wasn't a bug
11:38:32 <iekku> just a user error
11:38:33 <iekku> :P
11:38:44 <iekku> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=763 mer-core x86_64 releases do not have repodata
11:38:44 <Merbot> Mer bug 763 in .Release-tools "mer-core x86_64 releases do not have repodata" [Normal,New]
11:38:48 <lbt> high - and I'll take it at some point
11:39:09 <iekku> high -major maybe?
11:39:29 <lbt> yes
11:40:24 <iekku> lbt, i don't assign it to you now, take it when you are starting to work with it
11:40:33 <iekku> #info high - major
11:40:53 <iekku> #topic  Moving on to tasks:
11:40:55 <iekku> https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?emailassigned_to1=1&query_format=advanced&bug_severity=task&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=TRIAGEDUPSTREAM&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=need-triage&emailtype1=substring&order=bug_id
11:41:57 <iekku> #topic https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=698 sdk-manage should only copy a minimal subset to shared folder with no symlinks
11:41:57 <Merbot> Mer bug 698 in SDK "sdk-manage should only copy a minimal subset to shared folder with no symlinks" [Task,New]
11:42:31 <lbt> iekku: I've let jolla use our bz for sailfish stuff until they get their own bz up
11:43:11 <lbt> so things with MerSDK keyword are usually driven by that team
11:43:19 <iekku> aha
11:43:26 <lbt> anyhow - this is actually closed :)
11:43:31 <iekku> should we have some kind of marker for that
11:43:40 <lbt> so fixed by lbt as normal devel
11:43:43 <iekku> to avoid mixibg tihis
11:43:52 <lbt> yeah - that keyword does it
11:44:11 <lbt> tbh I wouldn't worry about it - they'll be moving onto their own infra RSN
11:44:15 <iekku> mixing things..
11:44:18 <lbt> (they/we/.... confusing)
11:44:21 <iekku> :D
11:44:28 <lbt> (Mer hat in here!)
11:44:35 <iekku> lbt, i would prefer to have sailfish keyword for those
11:44:52 <iekku> also to get those nicely moved to their own bz
11:44:58 <iekku> and close from mer side
11:45:37 <iekku> lbt, please close the bug
11:45:51 <lbt> OK - fyi all such  bugs are related to OSS code (although some appear using the sailfish installer/targets)
11:45:56 <iekku> #info fixed by lbt as normal devel
11:46:23 <iekku> #info  Task list is now: https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=task&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=not-taken%40&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&query_format=advanced&order=priority%2Cbug_id&query_based_on=
11:46:27 <iekku> #info   Not taken bugs: https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=trivial&bug_severity=enhancement&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=not-taken%40&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&query_format=advanced&order=priority%2Cbug_id&query_based_on=
11:46:33 <iekku> #topic review the task list and adjust according to discussion and plans:
11:46:34 <iekku> #link https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=task&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=TRIAGEDUPSTREAM&bug_status=REOPENED&columnlist=bug_severity%2Cpriority%2Cshort_desc%2Ccomponent&email1=not-taken&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&query_format=advanced&order=priority%2Cbug_id&query_based_on=
11:50:07 <lbt> dm8tbr: we should have a generic upstream monitoring policy
11:50:17 <lbt> bug 486 is another area
11:50:17 <Merbot> Mer bug 486 in tzdata "outdated tzdata package." [Task,New] https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=486
11:50:18 <dm8tbr> *nod*
11:50:25 <dm8tbr> lbt: I agree
11:50:32 <dm8tbr> lbt: that's much harder though
11:50:48 <dm8tbr> lbt: could be crowdsourced though
11:51:12 <lbt> and a checklist would help
11:51:16 * dm8tbr is thinking of a email account subscribed to 'announce' type mailing lists and rss feeds and scrapers
11:51:50 <dm8tbr> and then a group of people having a look to idenfiy stuff and flag
11:53:27 <lbt> or something
11:54:24 <lbt> well - those lists are for post SDK release :)
11:54:32 <iekku> :)
11:54:40 <lbt> ty iekku - glad we got this going again
11:55:05 <iekku> and we managed to get all new ones done today
11:55:12 <iekku> which is super cool
11:55:27 <iekku> #topic search for bugs that are assigned:
11:55:30 <iekku> #link  https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&columnlist=bug_severity%2Cpriority%2Cassigned_to%2Cbug_status%2Cshort_desc%2Ccomponent%2Cchangeddate&field0-0-0=assigned_to&field0-1-0=assigned_to&query_format=advanced&type0-0-0=notequals&type0-1-0=notequals&value0-0-0=need-triage%40merproject.org&value0-1-0=not-taken%40merproject.org&order=changeddate%2Cbug_id&q
11:55:36 <iekku> that's all from my side
11:55:45 <iekku> i hope to see more faces next time :)
11:56:29 <Uninstall> https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=724 <--- closed ;)
11:56:29 <Merbot> Mer bug 724 in libtiff "update libtiff to 4.0.3 or later; (+patch?) [CVE-2013-1960, CVE-2013-1961]" [Task,Resolved: fixed]
11:56:51 <iekku> if not anything else, i think we are done
11:57:14 <lbt> Uninstall: if you did that then yes, take/close it
11:57:40 <lbt> Uninstall: typically try to point to a gerrit request
11:57:50 <lbt> as you did
11:57:54 <Uninstall> ;)
11:58:25 <Uninstall> lbt: do we support Fix/Close/Bug in our commits? Do they close bugs on bugzilla?
11:58:42 <lbt> not atm
11:58:45 <Uninstall> ok
11:59:16 <lbt> the automation tooling supports it - so jolla do it using our systems
11:59:44 <Uninstall> ok
11:59:44 <lbt> but in the open side we've not had time to design/implement the actual process rules
12:00:21 <Uninstall> by the way if someone takes care of this review: http://review.merproject.org/#change,1556 we might close poppler bug
12:00:29 <lbt> we deal with volunteers and are not yet quite so demanding :)
12:00:45 <iekku> i propose to continue that conversation at #mer and close the triage now
12:00:51 <lbt> yes - ty
12:00:55 <Uninstall> ok
12:00:58 <iekku> if it's ok for you guys :)
12:01:04 <iekku> thank you for participating
12:01:21 <iekku> have a nice hacking week and see you again on next monday
12:01:46 <iekku> #endmeeting