18:00:45 <sledges> #startmeeting Mer-hybris Porters bug triage 18/11/2014
18:00:45 <Merbot> Meeting started Tue Dec  2 18:00:45 2014 UTC.  The chair is sledges. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
18:00:45 <Merbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
18:00:55 <sledges> Welcome to the Mer-hybris Porters bug triage!
18:01:55 <tbr> moo
18:02:47 <sledges> #info We'll start with the bugs: https://bugs.nemomobile.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=trivial&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=TRIAGEDUPSTREAM&bug_status=REOPENED&component=Hybris-ing&email1=need-triage&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&order=bug_id&product=Hardware%20adaptation&query_format=advanced
18:02:56 <sledges> looks like only 3 remain! \o/
18:04:10 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=769 - 2014-08-30 15:48:45
18:04:10 <Merbot> Nemo bug 769 in Hybris-ing "displays stays always on" [Normal,New]
18:04:31 <situ> sledges: fix known ?
18:05:44 <sledges> situ: nope
18:05:47 <situ> IIRC 'mcetool --set-brightness-fade-blank=0' fixed it on hammerhead.
18:06:08 <sledges> this is i930x, and been known since March
18:06:14 <sledges> not about fading
18:06:19 <sledges> quite critical i'd say
18:06:30 <situ> sledges: ok, it's different from backlight issue.
18:06:33 <sledges> oh, i9300 is not as device list
18:06:35 <sledges> adding
18:08:24 <sledges> normal/major
18:08:36 <lbt> meep
18:09:00 <sledges> and ask NEEDINFO of logs
18:09:22 <sledges> lbt: o/
18:09:51 <sledges> silence means consent ;)
18:10:09 <lbt> yep
18:10:10 <situ> sledges: I would say more than normal :)
18:10:43 <sledges> lbt: when to set High, and when Major? :)
18:11:01 <situ> It will cause battery to drain which makes device unusable for longer usage.
18:11:05 <sledges> Priority vs Severity
18:11:15 <lbt> yes - how many users affected?
18:11:25 <sledges> every user of i930x
18:11:29 <sledges> so... 1 ? :D
18:11:41 <piggz> lo *
18:11:44 <lbt> also, realistically, what will being high do for the bug
18:12:11 <lbt> I'd say high is something we'd be prepared to drop other things to work on
18:12:17 <lbt> we = someone in the team
18:12:39 <vgrade_> \o
18:12:51 <situ> vgrade_: o/
18:13:02 <lbt> so, no, not high - but it's a major bug for the device and should be visible to device users as such
18:13:04 <lbt> hey vgrade_
18:13:31 <sledges> is confusing: on bug page WebUI shows Importance: <Priority> <Severity>, in New Bug form Severity comes first, than Priority
18:13:39 <lbt> so device users can look to see how many major/critical bugs there are and that should translate to usability of device
18:13:51 <sledges> should we think: how severe the bug is, and how we prioritise it
18:14:09 <situ> lbt: if it's high or not depends on if you are a i9300 user :P
18:14:29 <lbt> situ: sad to say ... an i9300 developer :)
18:15:08 <lbt> I'd tend to say generic bugs are more likely to be high prio
18:15:19 <lbt> all IMHO
18:15:52 <sledges> so all of us porters community+sailors are the team. if many devices affected, we prioritise them high
18:16:11 <lbt> makes more sense - #users affected is higher
18:16:24 <sledges> "used devices"
18:16:25 <sledges> :D yep
18:16:35 <sledges> so, Normal/Major
18:16:41 <sledges> situ: if you press power off, screen does go dim
18:16:57 <sledges> phone goes to sleep
18:17:00 <sledges> so not Critical
18:17:15 <sledges> you just have to get a habit of putting it to sleep like a child
18:17:37 <sledges> I'd even put it Low/Major, due to number of users affected
18:17:42 <locusf> hmm what do I do if I manage to manifest a bug in a Nemo Mobile build?
18:17:52 <locusf> could I still report it to the bugs.nemomobile.org?
18:17:53 <situ> sledges: Alright
18:17:59 <locusf> or is this purely for sfos?
18:18:09 <sledges> locusf: yes, and check topic ;P
18:18:17 <lbt> locusf: this triage is about HA bugs
18:18:18 <sledges> yes for reporting to bugs.n.o
18:18:24 <sledges> mer-hybris triage ;)
18:18:56 <locusf> sledges: lbt: ok
18:20:16 <sledges> ok moving on
18:20:25 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=771 - 2014-09-25 14:11:00
18:20:25 <Merbot> Nemo bug 771 in Hybris-ing "dhd packages built on OBS require unavailable glibc symbols" [Normal,New]
18:20:54 <situ> Never faced this one.
18:21:06 <sledges> situ: it's for the obs-built dhd
18:21:24 * lbt should have this fixed now
18:21:29 <piggz> sledges: how do i get ace to be built by obs?
18:21:29 <lbt> but not yet
18:21:34 <sledges> it affects all devices
18:21:43 <lbt> piggz: talk to me
18:21:45 <sledges> piggz: check on how mako is done:
18:22:00 <sledges> https://build.merproject.org/project/show/nemo:devel:hw:lge:mako:dhd
18:22:06 <lbt> yeah - but talk to me first
18:22:10 <piggz> k
18:22:35 <lbt> high/normal
18:22:35 <sledges> lbt: can I assign you to this bug?
18:22:38 <lbt> yes
18:23:13 <sledges> cool done thanks!
18:23:23 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=778 - 2014-11-18 12:23:54
18:23:23 <Merbot> Nemo bug 778 in Hybris-ing "Pulseaudio-modules-droid voicecall-record virtual profile doesn't work with headphones routing." [Normal,New]
18:24:11 <sledges> this is for harbour-callrecorder app (currently in openrepos)
18:24:39 <sledges> and iirc qcom-only
18:24:47 <sledges> would be cool to test on maguro :}
18:24:54 <sledges> (needs update9)
18:25:02 <lbt> normal/normal ?
18:25:32 <sledges> lbt: lol just did the same:)
18:28:07 <sledges> ok, dropped a bigger comment there
18:28:13 <sledges> ok we're done forr bugs
18:28:17 <sledges> tasks
18:28:25 <sledges> #info moving on to tasks https://bugs.nemomobile.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=task&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=TRIAGEDUPSTREAM&bug_status=REOPENED&component=Hybris-ing&email1=need-triage&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&order=bug_id&product=Hardware%20adaptation&query_format=advanced
18:28:44 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=765 - 2014-12-02 17:57:11
18:28:44 <Merbot> Nemo bug 765 in Hybris-ing "[hammerhead][others] Enable external (Slimport/MHL) screen Mirroring/Extending on Wayland" [Task,New]
18:29:29 <vgrade_> I bought an adapter for this
18:29:33 <lbt> normal task
18:29:35 <sledges> nice
18:29:40 <vgrade_> still in its bag :(
18:29:47 <sledges> not so nice:)
18:30:05 <sledges> iirc thp was looking into these
18:30:25 <vgrade_> yes, he had a git branch, I recall
18:30:34 <Stskeeps> it worked but was a bit unstable atm
18:30:36 <Stskeeps> afaik
18:30:53 <situ> Stskeeps: assign this to thp ?
18:31:02 <sledges> we don't tell people what to do ;P
18:31:03 <vgrade_> https://github.com/mer-hybris/qt5-qpa-hwcomposer-plugin/tree/slimport-wip
18:31:44 * tbr also has a slimport adapter since today :)
18:31:49 <sledges> vgrade_: thanks adding to comment
18:32:03 <sledges> woo!
18:32:03 <tbr> so I can help test something if need be
18:32:06 <vgrade_> I can take this on N5
18:32:48 <vgrade_> but will need some input from thp
18:33:48 <sledges> vgrade_ and all: mer bug lifecycle states that if you take the bug, it stays as new
18:34:02 <sledges> when you start working on it, change status to ASSIGNED
18:34:12 <sledges> until then, nag reports will be sent
18:34:12 <vgrade_> ok
18:34:18 <sledges> "If you don't like this, don't take bugs until you're ready to work on them."
18:34:21 <sledges> https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Bug_Lifecycle#Triage
18:34:21 <sledges> :)
18:34:27 <vgrade_> thanks
18:34:35 <sledges> i can assign you now, or let you decide later :)
18:35:08 <sledges> lbt: change ASSIGNED to STARTED_WORKING_ON_THIS ? ;P
18:35:26 <vgrade_> ok , I'll update once I do some  work on it
18:36:17 <sledges> vgrade_: i agree, in opensource is better to start feeling that itch to scratch, instead of being nagged/check my bugs list on bz :)
18:36:41 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=770 - 2014-12-02 17:56:38
18:36:41 <Merbot> Nemo bug 770 in Hybris-ing "Directory /var/run/dbus is missing in SDK root" [Task,New]
18:37:10 <sledges> this is not a task, it's a bug
18:37:59 <vgrade_> have to run , drive home, \o
18:38:02 <sledges> o/
18:38:35 <sledges> it looks like a non-issue, just misleads people into thinking something might do wrong due to "please report this bug
18:38:41 <sledges> " being there
18:39:21 <sledges> or peculiar to that person's particular setup
18:40:40 <sledges> i'll comment: If you can use all mersdk commands without error exit status, and nothing prevents you from work, this is a non-critical issue
18:41:19 <sledges> low/normal
18:41:37 <sledges> moving on,
18:41:38 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=774 - 2014-12-02 18:04:59
18:41:38 <Merbot> Nemo bug 774 in Hybris-ing "cannot open sdk/files/ tools source .properties" [Task,Needinfo]
18:42:39 <sledges> this is not a task again
18:43:20 * lbt dropped for a bit
18:43:30 <sledges> off the chair?:)
18:43:50 <sledges> low critical bug
18:43:57 <sledges> as the guy cannot run make hybris-hal
18:43:59 <sledges> ?
18:45:08 <lbt> yeah - I may play with 9305 modular to try and fix some things there
18:46:32 <sledges> last one!
18:46:33 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=775 - 2014-11-11 17:58:23
18:46:33 <Merbot> Nemo bug 775 in Hybris-ing "Need to test a known-working port with new init-debug" [Task,New]
18:46:47 <sledges> this is for piggz and Guhl
18:46:55 * piggz just submitted 779 ;)
18:47:16 <sledges> :D sneaky
18:47:51 <piggz> so, for 775, we are happy the patch works for us, but because it is in inie-script need others to test it
18:48:10 <sledges> lbt: your PR grew with commits beyond control :P
18:48:14 <sledges> (see bug's comments)?
18:49:14 <sledges> piggz: i'll take this bug, i got nexus5 here with which i can test
18:49:48 <piggz> sledges: thx ... looks safe enough ;)
18:49:49 <sledges> i set it as high task
18:50:00 <sledges> piggz: safe?:))
18:50:10 <piggz> (famous last wods)
18:50:28 <piggz> grr this keyboard
18:51:30 <sledges> ok bugzilla is done, we should look into some HA PRs
18:52:44 <piggz> go for it
18:53:08 <sledges> #info important open PRs
18:53:12 <sledges> #info https://github.com/mer-hybris/hybris-boot/pull/37
18:53:51 <sledges> i guess this applies to the task nemo 775
18:53:51 <Merbot> Nemo bug 775 in Hybris-ing "Need to test a known-working port with new init-debug" [Task,New] https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=775
18:53:52 <sledges> as well
18:54:15 <piggz> apart from all the extra additions! ;)
18:55:06 <sledges> yes
18:55:11 <sledges> added as comment
18:55:18 <sledges> last bleeding PR:
18:55:22 <sledges> #info https://github.com/mer-hybris/droid-hal-device/pull/75
18:56:25 <sledges> looks untidy, should we create bugs for PRs?..
18:56:29 <sledges> or JFDI :P
18:57:46 <piggz> sledges: id be worried about the description
18:57:49 <sledges> ok this PR looks trivial to comment on, i'll take care of it
18:58:12 <sledges> but it's good we have a task for substantial PRs
18:58:21 <sledges> (the 775 one)
18:58:27 <sledges> ok we can conclude
18:58:45 <sledges> piggz: you are late for the train with newly added bug
18:58:46 <sledges> ;)
18:58:50 <sledges> will be triaged next week
18:59:01 <piggz> sledges: says 'followed guidance from umeaboy' .... iirc, the guy who wouldnt read the hadk ;)
18:59:41 <sledges> piggz: well.. it's just few commits away from perfection:)
19:00:02 <piggz> i guess new device files cant really hurt
19:00:15 <sledges> thanks all, we're shaping up into a saner process every time (and bigger headcount)
19:00:23 <sledges> #endmeeting