15:00:27 <cybette> #startmeeting SailfishOS, open source, collaboration: 17-February @ 15:00 UTC
15:00:27 <merbot> Meeting started Tue Feb 17 15:00:27 2015 UTC.  The chair is cybette. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
15:00:27 <merbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:00:38 <kimmoli> >o<
15:01:04 <cybette> #startmeeting SailfishOS, open source, collaboration: 17-February @ 15:00 UTC
15:01:50 <cybette> #info Welcome to another week of SailfishOS OSS and collaboration meeting
15:01:55 <cybette> #info Meeting info and agenda: http://lists.sailfishos.org/pipermail/devel/2015-February/005695.html
15:02:02 <cybette> I'm the meeting chair for today and will be keeping time and order. Please behave and show mutual respect, and let's have a productive discussion!
15:02:15 <cybette> (I'm also on a train where the connection is spotty enroute, so Keep Calm and Chat On if I become unresponsive and need to reconnect, like what just happened)
15:02:29 <cybette> #topic Brief introductions (5 min), prefix your information with #info
15:02:38 <kimmoli> #info Kimmo Lindholm, TOHs et al
15:02:48 <locusf> #info Aleksi Suomalainen, Nemo community
15:02:50 <faenil> #info Andrea Bernabei, nemo contributor and Jolla user
15:02:50 <cybette> #info Carol Chen, Community chef at Jolla, hatless chair with bad connection today
15:02:57 <situ> #info Siteshwar, community
15:03:01 <dirkvl> #info Dirk van Leersum #tohkbd
15:03:11 <Tofe> #info Christophe Chapuis, community
15:03:12 <iekku> #info Iekku Pylkk�, Developer Community sailor at Jolla
15:03:12 <reviewjolla> #info Simo Ruoho, community, contribution, DIT
15:03:31 <spiiroin> #info Simo Piiroinen, Jolla, mostly nemo middleware
15:03:44 <pvuorela> #info Pekka Vuorela, jolla
15:04:20 <pketolai> #info Pami Ketolainen, Bugzilla, TJC and other services development @ Jolla
15:05:32 <cybette> couple more minutes, intro with #info
15:06:22 * pketolai will be mostly in the kitchen, but ping me if needed :)
15:06:33 <cybette> pketolai: ok :)
15:06:57 <iekku> pketolai, :D
15:07:12 <cybette> let's dive into topics
15:07:56 <cybette> #topic tohkbd2 (or other external input devices) language/layout support - kimmoli (20 min)
15:08:20 <kimmoli> kröhm
15:08:22 <kimmoli> Me, dirk and andrew == the team TOHKBD. I'm resposible on the SW side.
15:08:23 <cybette> #info from kimmoli - Sailfish external input device (e.g. uinput) is hard fixed to US layout. For external input devices to work properly, there needs to be a way to configure/change input locale/layout.
15:08:57 <kimmoli> yes. that is the current issue here
15:09:10 <kimmoli> blocking progress atm
15:09:43 <kimmoli> i have tried to change it in few places, iirc qtwayland
15:09:54 <cybette> kimmoli: sorry to interrupt, just summarizing, please go ahead
15:09:58 <kimmoli> but nothing i have done, hadnt have any effect
15:10:38 <faenil> kimmoli: just random though, I remember once there was a -keymap argument passed to lipstick, have you checked that?
15:10:45 <faenil> linking to a .qmap
15:10:54 <faenil> random thought*
15:10:55 <kimmoli> faenil: no, not seen that
15:11:08 <faenil> don't know if it's still there, it used to be there months ago
15:11:28 <pvuorela> giucam had some ideas how to set layout for wayland clients. (ping :))
15:11:35 <kimmoli> https://github.com/kimmoli/qtwayland/commit/67dd35d27743da63629080231cfc8d208d883c0e
15:11:43 <kimmoli> https://github.com/kimmoli/qtwayland/commit/8b973c4d6ff89ae3312922698ab8ccfa692f2fb6
15:11:48 <kimmoli> these i have tested, no effect
15:12:06 <kimmoli> this was based on this https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtwayland/commit/ffc1183b6fbf4fc16bbf5bc0ff5f7eaff4af1e7c
15:12:18 <giucam> the first one should work
15:12:21 <giucam> i remember testing it
15:12:49 <Tofe> anyway these are just the defautl values, aren't they
15:12:53 <giucam> yes
15:13:05 <faenil> kimmoli:
15:13:07 <faenil> [root@Jolla nemo]# cat /var/lib/environment/compositor/60-boston-ui.conf
15:13:07 <faenil> EGL_PLATFORM=fbdev
15:13:07 <faenil> QT_QPA_PLATFORM=hwcomposer
15:13:09 <faenil> LIPSTICK_OPTIONS="-plugin evdevtouch:/dev/input/event0:rotate=0 -plugin evdevkeyboard:keymap=/usr/share/qt5/keymaps/boston.qmap"
15:13:14 <faenil> that's what I meant ^
15:13:24 <faenil> not sure it has to do with what you need, just thought I'd name it :)
15:13:48 <kimmoli> evdevkeyboard sounds promising though
15:14:21 <giucam> given the homescreen is in process with the compositor the keymap must be changed below it
15:14:53 <kimmoli> qmap is some compiled thing?
15:15:35 <pvuorela> also to be noted that we need to add a layout setting for usb keyboard. might be related to this.
15:15:53 <kimmoli> and Bluetooth ?
15:16:16 <giucam> kimmoli: anyway, if you call QWaylandInputDevice::setKeymap(...) e.g. in LipstickCompositor ctor it should work
15:16:17 <pvuorela> ehm, was supposed to say bluetooth.
15:16:34 <giucam> for wayland clients
15:17:32 <kimmoli> i have some random memories about messing with setKeymap'ish but it changed just the local thing
15:17:38 <kimmoli> but it could be with xkb
15:18:20 <Tofe> can any qtwayland client call that compositor API, or is some DBus connector needed?
15:18:35 <giucam> no, they can't
15:18:56 <Tofe> I thought so, would be quite weird security-wise otherwise :)
15:19:53 <Tofe> What I mean is that some evolution seems to be needed in lipstick so listen to that request -- or to expose a configuration tool to the user.
15:20:31 <giucam> the problem is that is only half the problem. that won't change the keymap used by the homescreen
15:21:28 <kimmoli> ok, i have some pointers for to look later.
15:21:57 <kimmoli> i have few more issues in line. 2nd is that the CAPSLOCK stopped working after some sailfish update
15:22:37 <giucam> do the other modifiers work ok?
15:22:37 <kimmoli> it did work still during summer. i.e. i emit KEY_CAPSLOCK down, but it gets released after first keypress
15:22:49 <kimmoli> (this can be ofcourse a bug in my sw)
15:23:13 <kimmoli> shift works fine
15:23:27 <Tofe> verr num ? (if any)
15:23:29 <kimmoli> others, well no, as there is no compose
15:23:34 <dirkvl> and text selection is dropped after you release shift
15:23:40 <dirkvl> i believe
15:24:22 <kimmoli> that compose is 3rd issue, but i hope that it is solved when we get better layout support
15:24:51 <giucam> not sure what could be the issue.... qtwayland doesn't seem to be the problem, at least on desktop
15:25:16 <kimmoli> but i will doublecheck my code first
15:25:27 <cybette> 2 min
15:25:33 <kimmoli> 4th is the aliendalvik support. i.e. scancode mapping there: https://app.younited.com/?shareObject=443e4bdf-da24-8d41-65f8-182d49b6111a
15:25:37 <giucam> have a look at the output when exporting WAYLAND_DEBUG=1, check the modifiers events going
15:25:49 <kimmoli> giucam: ok
15:26:12 <kimmoli> i have ways to monitor also evdev
15:27:02 <kimmoli> i can see scancodes are passed from uinput/evdev to alien, but it complains cannot map
15:27:28 <giucam> no idea about that
15:27:38 <cybette> kimmoli: let's wrap up the topic. do you have enough to go on with?
15:27:58 <giucam> i think try having the layout right in lipstick and wayland first, maybe alien will fix magically ;)
15:27:58 <kimmoli> at least something
15:28:59 <cybette> at least you know who to contact :)
15:29:08 <kimmoli> so, as no tohkbd yet available, these can be tested with BT keybs
15:29:53 <kimmoli> #info ask more from giucam pvuorela faenil
15:30:00 <cybette> we can take the discussion to regular channels. let's move the meeting on
15:30:07 <cybette> thanks for info-ing :)
15:30:22 <kimmoli> thanks
15:30:24 <cybette> #topic General discussions - everyone (10 min)
15:30:49 <reviewjolla> Hi all, just checked in to share some feedback on one of the previous meeting action: http://merproject.org/meetings/mer-meeting/2014/mer-meeting.2014-11-04-15.00.html
15:31:07 <reviewjolla> Action 1 was fulfilled except for the visuals (afaik), but the idea kind of dried, imo either to the lack of visibility or just being a bad idea.
15:31:21 <reviewjolla> Unfortunately there was no interest towards the discussion of the reasons, so can't say really.  https://together.jolla.com/question/61926/hot-questions-of-the-month-november-december/
15:31:36 <reviewjolla> So...
15:31:41 <reviewjolla> I'd like to ask if we give this another shot, or havr another ideas to use "hot" tag on TJC, or just get rid of it for now as a dedicated tag
15:32:01 <cybette> any comments or feedback for this?
15:32:16 <cybette> reviewjolla: thanks for joining and bringing this up
15:32:46 <reviewjolla> :)
15:33:28 <faenil> what is Jolla's current approach to those hot topics?
15:33:33 <faenil> were any of those fixed?
15:33:48 <faenil> is there anything Jolla needs help with, or similar?
15:34:13 <cybette> #info revisiting "hot topics" on TJC that was discussed in previous meeting http://merproject.org/meetings/mer-meeting/2014/mer-meeting.2014-11-04-15.00.html
15:34:40 <reviewjolla> Topics gained some activity in the beginning (while there was visibility), but this just dried. But well, if nothing special, let's just leave it to TJC mods to decide what they want to do with the tag. That's all *:)
15:35:35 <pketolai> idea was/is probably good, but haven't had time to work on the visibility of the hot topics
15:35:37 <electrolux> faenil: there's indeed a lack of traction for this initiative, but as we've deloyed the "Tracked by Jolla" mechanism, we could of course prioritize from the pool in hot…
15:36:02 <faenil> electrolux: ok, cool
15:36:43 <Tofe> maybe it depends also on the status of the hot topic: if the discussion is finished, then solving the issue is up to Jolla, and there isn't much to write on those topic until the release
15:36:43 <cybette> reviewjolla: a good idea might be to propose this for a future meeting so we can properly discuss this (and get the right people involved in the meeting discussion), e.g. whether some of our more current changes also achieve the same desired goal
15:36:55 <iekku> +1
15:37:08 <iekku> topic for next meeting?
15:37:36 <electrolux> reviewjolla: pketolai is right, still some work on visibility for the Featured tags, I hope to propose something within this iteration still...
15:38:24 <cybette> yes let's have this at next meeting if ok with reviewjolla, also good to have notice and prepare from Jolla side if needed
15:38:26 <reviewjolla> so, "project" maybe coming back to live after some further actions?
15:38:54 <reviewjolla> when is the next meeting? (if i'm to bring the topc again)
15:39:03 <cybette> reviewjolla: that's next topic :)
15:39:14 <reviewjolla> :D
15:39:18 <Tofe> that was a smooth transition !
15:39:20 <cybette> one more minute. any other general qn/discussion?
15:39:27 <cybette> Tofe: true :D
15:39:49 <reviewjolla> epic MWC! (unless there's another meeting before... ;) )
15:40:07 <cybette> alright, let's transition to....
15:40:13 <SfietKonstantinW> damn, I missed this meeting :(
15:41:01 <cybette> #topic Wrap up and next meeting (5 min)
15:41:06 <cybette> damn disconect
15:41:23 <cybette> sorry... ok in two weeks time it's MWC
15:41:43 <iekku> is it then 1 week or 3 weeks from now?
15:41:43 <cybette> so a probable date for next meeting will be March 10 (tuesday)
15:41:59 <iekku> +1 for that. sailors are busy before MWC
15:42:58 <cybette> better 3 weeks, I think a lot of us will be super busy next week
15:43:27 <cybette> any objections? :)
15:43:51 <reviewjolla> a short meeting between Jolla sailors/community sailors, however, might be nice before MWC? (maybe after Jolla's schedule is known first)
15:44:09 <reviewjolla> with only MWC topic...
15:44:10 <cybette> iekku: could you chair? (i'll be backup)
15:44:11 <dirkvl> that sounds practical
15:44:25 <iekku> cybette, i can
15:44:31 <cybette> iekku: thanks
15:44:51 <cybette> reviewjolla: irc meeting only to discuss MWC?
15:45:16 <reviewjolla> yeph, to last updates, to get into mood together maybe. More casual
15:45:31 <Tofe> but wouldn't Jolla like to keep some surprises for MWC ?
15:45:33 <iekku> reminder: we can't talk a lot what we are about to show or do at mwc. else than what has been told in public
15:45:48 <reviewjolla> +1
15:45:53 <cybette> yes to what Tofe and iekku said
15:45:59 <cybette> :)
15:46:09 <cybette> feel free to ping us if you have specific qns on MWC
15:46:11 <reviewjolla> so, just to get into mood together (still it'd be great)
15:46:57 <cybette> hang out and chat with us in the #jollamobile or #sailfishos channels, the mood is there :)
15:47:02 <faenil> does Jolla have additiona passes for MWC by any chance? xD
15:47:16 <cybette> faenil: query me after meeting
15:47:19 <iekku> +1 for cybette
15:47:25 <faenil> oh cool!
15:47:43 <iekku> most of sailors aren't going to MWC, but doing huge amount of work before that
15:47:52 <cybette> #info Next meeting Tues Mar-10 @ 15:00 UTC, Chairperson iekku (cybette backup)
15:47:58 <reviewjolla> yeah, we'll find the mood without one :) so +1 for 3weeks
15:48:14 <cybette> thanks all, let's get back to work!
15:48:27 <cybette> or cooking or whatever :)
15:48:31 <iekku> reviewjolla, let's get the mood up at all channels instead of having meeting :)
15:48:37 <cybette> cheers
15:48:39 <reviewjolla> +1M
15:48:40 <iekku> cybette, thanks for chairin
15:48:41 <iekku> g
15:48:43 <cybette> #endmeeting