18:03:52 <sledges> #startmeeting Mer-hybris Porters bug triage
18:03:52 <merbot> Meeting started Tue Mar 24 18:03:52 2015 UTC.  The chair is sledges. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
18:03:53 <merbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
18:04:01 <sledges> Welcome to the Mer-hybris Porters bug triage!
18:04:15 <sledges> #info We'll start with the bugs: https://bugs.nemomobile.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=trivial&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=TRIAGEDUPSTREAM&bug_status=REOPENED&component=Hybris-ing&email1=need-triage&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&order=bug_id&product=Hardware%20adaptation&query_format=advanced
18:04:38 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=790 - 2015-03-10 18:41:09
18:04:38 <merbot> Nemo bug 790 in Hybris-ing "[hammerhead][hybris-11.0] properties don't work in the patched bionic" [Major,New]
18:05:43 <vgrade> sledges: remind me what the score is here, been a while
18:06:59 <situ> normal normal ?
18:07:33 <sledges> vgrade: decide together what is the severity+importance of a bug, generic discussions about the bug welcome, feel free to step up to take a bug, or at least get added to cc, i'll be updating bugs, so don't update them yourselves during meeting, relay to me instead
18:08:39 <vgrade> ok, thanks
18:08:47 <sledges> vgrade: err Importance = Priority+Severity
18:09:12 <sledges> Priority - how many devices/users it affects
18:09:27 <sledges> Severity - how urgently it needs to be addressed
18:10:38 <sledges> situ: well, having sensors on n5 would be nice, and if enabled, this makes going through hadk a two-pass build until bug is fixed
18:11:32 <situ> sledges: remind me in which repo we have the manifest ?
18:11:41 <sledges> hybris-11.0
18:11:55 <sledges> mer-hybris/android
18:11:59 <situ> https://github.com/mer-hybris/android
18:11:59 <vgrade> agree with situ, its not a great hardship to do extra step
18:12:06 <situ> Right.
18:13:03 <sledges> on a simple run-through build yes, but if then rebuilt hybris-hal again or any of its parts, house of cards collapses
18:13:14 <vgrade> as not many people are doing n5 steps atm. If it blocked other ports I'd raise
18:13:55 <vgrade> I guess camera developers are affected, ok raise
18:14:06 <sledges> yes
18:15:28 <sledges> leave as high/major?
18:16:31 <situ> sledges: Alright
18:16:47 <vgrade> +1
18:16:47 * situ is having a quick look at his changes in bionic
18:17:13 <vgrade> situ: I thing more related to property changes
18:18:14 <sledges> commented, moving on
18:18:15 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=792 - 2015-03-15 10:18:05
18:18:15 <merbot> Nemo bug 792 in Hybris-ing "[hammerhead] cannot enabled developer mode" [Normal,New]
18:18:19 <vgrade> sledges: is the title an accurate reflection
18:18:26 <vgrade> woops soryy
18:18:35 <vgrade> was still on last one
18:19:24 <vgrade> ok to leave it
18:20:12 <situ> How does this bug affect us
18:20:18 <situ> We are all developers :P
18:20:35 <sledges> i'm closing this bug, was a one-off slip in n5 alphas
18:22:04 <sledges> ^ to build a productised version of n5, sfa-mer script system is ought to be followed
18:22:16 <sledges> (which is a good container for all not-yet-upstreamed cases)
18:22:59 <sledges> comments or moving on?
18:23:17 <vgrade> onwards
18:23:21 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=793 - 2015-03-12 11:14:01
18:23:21 <merbot> Nemo bug 793 in Hybris-ing "[mako][flo] re-disable netd" [Normal,New]
18:23:48 <sledges> good thing also for bacon, vgrade ?
18:25:51 <sledges> normal/normal
18:26:31 <vgrade> sledges: well wcnss service should be handling same for bacon I think, but a general capability amy be needed
18:26:54 <vgrade> normal/normal
18:27:56 <sledges> just that mako used to expose an enormous stutter after sleeping on 3g, so i thought that might be a side-effect of netd+connman running together (though quick-disabling of netd still showed stutter). something to remember
18:28:11 <sledges> leaving for mako+flo only for now
18:28:19 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=794 - 2015-03-12 18:47:03
18:28:19 <merbot> Nemo bug 794 in Hybris-ing "[iyokan] fingerterm won't start from shortcut" [Normal,New]
18:28:29 <vgrade> sledges: cc me on 793
18:28:53 <sledges> vgrade: you are CCd on all bugs automatically ;)
18:29:00 <vgrade> sledges: great
18:29:13 <vgrade> :)
18:30:10 <situ> Need to see backtrace of the crash.
18:31:31 <sledges> situ: NEEDINFO set, thanks
18:31:35 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=795 - 2015-03-14 10:23:08
18:31:35 <merbot> Nemo bug 795 in Hybris-ing "[hammerhead]terminal has small keyboard" [Normal,New]
18:32:23 <situ> with landscape mode, it should not be a big problem.
18:32:28 <situ> low normal
18:32:31 * vgrade picked up the wrong repo
18:32:33 <sledges> this was lost in custom ports, latest fingerterm has it fixed
18:33:44 <sledges> fixed like this: https://build.merproject.org/package/show/nemo:devel:hw:lge:hammerhead/fingerterm
18:34:02 <sledges> maybe we should think of an overlay repo of backports
18:34:12 <vgrade> id set a bit higher as hi dpi screens are ipossible to use with my suasage fingers
18:34:55 <vgrade> and so is my keyboard tonight by the look of that line :)
18:35:06 * vgrade has not even had a beer yet
18:35:53 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=796 - 2015-03-14 09:42:50
18:35:53 <merbot> Nemo bug 796 in Hybris-ing "Files app is broken" [Normal,New]
18:36:07 <sledges> that's a long-gone issue and i've seen many complaints
18:36:33 <situ> Major High
18:36:39 <vgrade> long-gone?
18:36:45 <sledges> long-standing :p
18:36:50 * sledges lost in translation
18:36:51 <situ> I can't browse files on my device.
18:37:00 <sledges> looks like cutes needs to be built and that's all
18:37:04 <vgrade> right, yes, saw it on latest bacon aswell
18:37:57 <sledges> houm, cutes-qt5 has been in since ages
18:38:09 <sledges> ok, setting to major/high
18:38:20 <sledges> you can browse files via fingerterm;)
18:39:11 <situ> sledges: or ssh to the device :P
18:39:52 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=798 - 2015-03-14 21:01:15
18:39:52 <merbot> Nemo bug 798 in Hybris-ing "[hammerhead] sound cracks when screen on and sensors working" [Normal,New]
18:39:55 <sledges> :)
18:40:44 <Nokius> vgrade: did not Tom the guy next to me at the SFOS dinner told that it's bug in a lib sorry last topic was to slow
18:41:02 <sledges> Nokius: take bug solutions after the meeting;)
18:41:19 <sledges> this is just a triage
18:42:01 <Nokius> oh is quiet
18:42:07 <sledges> this bug is solved when testing gstreamer1.0
18:42:21 <sledges> Nokius: np, feel free to voice on severity/affectedness of a bug
18:42:57 <vgrade> if its going away with 1.0 then I'd put it low
18:43:01 <sledges> solved when testing gstreamer1.0. if solution no found for gstreamer0.10, close when transition to 1.0 is complete
18:43:49 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=800 - 2015-03-15 10:04:44
18:43:49 <merbot> Nemo bug 800 in Hybris-ing "failure to play hls streams" [Normal,New]
18:44:05 <sledges> (798 set low/normal, thanks vgrade)
18:44:47 <sledges> normal/normal?
18:45:26 <situ> normal normal
18:45:35 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=802 - 2015-03-19 11:29:04
18:45:35 <merbot> Nemo bug 802 in Hybris-ing "[hammehead] camera misses the device specific resolutions" [Normal,New]
18:46:21 <sledges> this sadly turned out into a dispute between maintainer and contributor
18:46:28 <vgrade> yes
18:47:04 <vgrade> no way to have an 'advanced mode'
18:47:18 <sledges> but i would remind aspects of maintainership and meritocracy
18:47:48 <sledges> i proposed shipping dump_resolutions as a middle ground compromise
18:48:14 <sledges> which is now in https://github.com/foolab/cameraplus/pull/40 waiting for MSameer's OK
18:48:26 <vgrade> so dump_resolutions allows one to create an extended ini file
18:48:33 <sledges> correct
18:48:40 <sledges> and helps all new device porters
18:49:09 <sledges> it's not straightforward creation of .ini from the tool though, but the tool does what says on the tin
18:51:08 <vgrade> if this does not get accepted does N5 camera still work?
18:51:24 <sledges> nope
18:51:27 <sledges> it's the blocker
18:51:38 <sledges> i.e. camera does not work out of the box
18:51:46 <MSameer> why is cam+ bugs discussed in mer meeting anyway?!
18:52:26 <sledges> because cam+ is the only test platform for nexus5 gst-droid in the community
18:52:54 <sledges> if anyone wants to test camera on other devices, they'll be referring to cam+ too
18:53:17 <MSameer> anyway, that pr will never be accepted. list of resolutions (again)
18:53:48 <sledges> then mind writing that to the PR conversation?
18:54:04 <MSameer> i already wrote it
18:54:15 <sledges> there was a commit which overwrites those changes
18:54:24 <sledges> and diminishes resolutoins as per request
18:54:42 <MSameer> i will check again then
18:55:53 <sledges> high/major
18:56:37 <situ> sledges: Alright
18:56:38 <sledges> last bug
18:56:39 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=804 - 2015-03-18 15:48:48
18:56:39 <merbot> Nemo bug 804 in Hybris-ing "[hammerhead] camera crashes when aspect ratio is changed" [Normal,New]
18:57:08 <situ> same
18:57:21 <sledges> but this doesn't prevent it to work out-of-box when ready
18:57:53 <MSameer> any bt?
18:58:25 <sledges> this has been fixed by a hack of commenting out two lines, which is not a proper fix MSameer
18:58:52 <MSameer> that famous hack?
18:58:54 <sledges> yes
18:58:58 <MSameer> but that should not crash
18:59:10 <sledges> after the hack, camera doesn't crash
18:59:26 <MSameer> even without it, it should not crash
19:00:14 <sledges> high/normal, set needinfo for bt
19:00:47 <sledges> and we're done!
19:01:03 <sledges> #topic tasks/unloved needinfo?
19:01:07 <sledges> no tasks/unloved needinfo
19:01:11 <sledges> #info no tasks/unloved needinfo
19:01:19 <sledges> thank you all!
19:01:21 <situ> sledges: Do you see battery empty message when N5 boots ?
19:01:21 <sledges> #endmeeting