17:00:06 <sledges> #startmeeting Mer-hybris Porters bug triage
17:00:06 <merbot> Meeting started Tue Jun  9 17:00:06 2015 UTC.  The chair is sledges. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
17:00:06 <merbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
17:00:36 <sledges> #info We'll start with the bugs: https://bugs.nemomobile.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=trivial&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=TRIAGEDUPSTREAM&bug_status=REOPENED&component=Hybris-ing&email1=need-triage&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&order=bug_id&product=Hardware%20adaptation&query_format=advanced
17:00:56 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=832
17:00:56 <merbot> Nemo bug 832 in Hybris-ing "[hammerhead][] Call summary delay" [Normal,New]
17:01:03 <sledges> hi vgrade
17:01:35 <sledges> this sounds like TJC material
17:02:15 <locusf> yo
17:02:33 <vgrade> not sure what the bug is
17:03:15 <vgrade> unless its new with
17:03:27 <sledges> i'll ask him to confirm this on jolla phone
17:04:07 * vgrade notes to upgrade to latest
17:04:41 <sledges> o/ locusf
17:04:53 <vgrade> sounds, low,normal
17:04:57 <sledges> done
17:05:10 <sledges> no more bugs nor tasks
17:05:14 <sledges> i suggest we go through old bugs
17:05:52 <sledges> #info let's go through old bugs, starting from top of list: https://bugs.nemomobile.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&component=Hybris-ing&list_id=283&order=changeddate%2Cbug_id%20DESC&product=Hardware%20adaptation&query_based_on=&query_format=advanced
17:06:13 <sledges> #info if bug is invalid/irrelevant, close it
17:06:48 <sledges> #info otherwise, decide on moreinfo/priority/severity, if that needs changing
17:07:12 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=729
17:07:12 <merbot> Nemo bug 729 in Hybris-ing "Maguro droid-hal-device packages for OBS hw repository" [Normal,Reopened]
17:08:18 <sledges> this can be closed, it certainly won't be touched again before we start building dhd on OBS
17:09:56 <vgrade> agreed
17:10:06 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=750
17:10:06 <merbot> Nemo bug 750 in Hybris-ing "[hammerhead] find more elegant solution to the current bluetooth hack" [Normal,New]
17:11:32 <vgrade> normal,normal looks ok
17:11:41 <nh1402> agreed
17:12:55 <sledges> i'll paste more findings by Hannu
17:13:21 <sledges> essentially: Perhaps someone who knows MSM and/or typical GPIO line arrangements better than me could peek at arch/arm/mach-msm/lge/board-8974-rfkill.c, arch/arm/mach-msm/lge/board-8974-hammerhead-gpiomux.c, and drivers/bluetooth/bluesleep.c
17:14:37 <vgrade> looks like some good pointers there
17:14:51 <sledges> commented (loads more texts;)
17:14:57 <sledges> pls refresh
17:15:23 <sledges> bedtime reads:)
17:15:37 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=752
17:15:37 <merbot> Nemo bug 752 in Hybris-ing "[hammerhead] bluetooth disconnects after 3-4 seconds when connected with a computer" [Normal,New]
17:15:48 <vgrade> any logs for this one?
17:16:14 <sledges> can ask
17:16:22 <sledges> possibly, will be duplicate of 750
17:17:43 * situ joins
17:18:09 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=753
17:18:09 <merbot> Nemo bug 753 in Hybris-ing "[hammerhead] autosync does not work for emails" [Major,New]
17:18:10 <nh1402> more of an extension of 750
17:18:37 <sledges> vgrade: you used n5 as daily - still an issue? ^
17:19:07 <vgrade> sledges: not noticed any issues with my gmail
17:20:11 <nh1402> I didn't notice any issues with mine either
17:20:18 <sledges> great, thanks
17:20:23 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=754
17:20:23 <merbot> Nemo bug 754 in Hybris-ing "[hammerhead] sound gets streamed in calls when using headphones" [Normal,New]
17:22:21 <vgrade> never tried the use case, triage values are fair for me
17:22:27 <sledges> stays as-is?
17:22:39 <sledges> something to keep in mind
17:22:49 <vgrade> might need a retest with later images
17:22:51 <sledges> not a bug, a feature :D
17:23:29 <sledges> good point, asked
17:23:30 <vgrade> there has been some changes in audio since then I think
17:23:33 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=755
17:23:33 <merbot> Nemo bug 755 in Hybris-ing "[hammerhead] about product does not show bluetooth mac" [Normal,New]
17:24:14 <sledges> stays as-is imo
17:24:18 <nh1402> agreed
17:24:20 <sledges> situ: we're going through old bugs
17:24:53 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=757
17:24:53 <merbot> Nemo bug 757 in Hybris-ing "[hammerhead] nfc does not work" [Normal,New]
17:25:00 <situ> Yeah, I see that.
17:25:31 <sledges> situ: you can see in the logs wrt the strategy of us re-triaging them
17:25:56 <situ> Alright
17:26:17 <nh1402> due to the low use case I would say it stays as-is imo
17:26:29 <vgrade> do we have any apps using nfc? apart from TOH on Jolla
17:26:40 <sledges> i wonder how alin tested it
17:26:53 <sledges> test_nfc :D
17:27:17 <sledges> moving on
17:27:27 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=733
17:27:27 <merbot> Nemo bug 733 in Hybris-ing "[hammerhaed] scrambled image before ui starts" [Normal,New]
17:27:31 <sledges> this is a dirty bug:D
17:27:35 <sledges> would be nice a fix
17:28:18 <nh1402> not the foggiest idea why that happens
17:28:35 <sledges> hwc expert needed
17:28:49 <situ> It has to ben an off by one error
17:29:26 <sledges> change priority low->normal?
17:29:38 <vgrade> yes, its ugly
17:30:23 <nh1402> agreed, it would certainly make Sailfish being ported to android devices look less of a hack
17:30:29 <vgrade> not seen on other cm11 ports though
17:30:52 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=768
17:30:52 <merbot> Nemo bug 768 in Hybris-ing "mer-kernel-checks is pulled from Jolla repo" [Normal,Assigned]
17:31:43 <sledges> needs closing :")
17:32:12 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=741
17:32:12 <merbot> Nemo bug 741 in Hybris-ing "Hybris init-script does not bring up usb0 on the HTC Desire HD (ace)" [Major,New]
17:33:41 <sledges> piggz was doing the ACE port
17:33:57 <sledges> (Desire HD)
17:34:38 <sledges> i'd set priority to high
17:34:46 <sledges> as this can happen to any other phone
17:34:55 <sledges> so worthy getting to the bottom of this
17:35:06 <sledges> and investigate hybris-boot/init-script behaviour
17:35:36 <vgrade> maybe an init-{device}-script required
17:35:45 <sledges> that's the ultimate solution
17:35:58 <sledges> but something tells me that this particular case could still do without
17:36:45 <sledges> just needs more testing, maybe device checking
17:36:46 <sledges> https://github.com/mer-hybris/hybris-boot/pull/37/files#diff-06a4f1d6faa676d41fc4b6a039d118c5R185
17:36:51 <sledges> that PR is still open :/
17:37:00 * sledges slaps himself
17:38:49 <vgrade> we should get this in
17:38:59 <sledges> yes
17:39:03 <sledges> but can't, without testing
17:39:11 <sledges> commenting accordingly
17:39:27 <vgrade> agreed
17:40:21 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=769
17:40:21 <merbot> Nemo bug 769 in Hybris-ing "[i9300][i9305] displays stays always on" [Major,New]
17:41:20 <vgrade> looks ok
17:41:25 <nh1402> well that's an oled panel, if the pixel is black it should be off.
17:42:19 <sledges> nh1402: true, thought it doesn't clear to black
17:45:33 <sledges> added spiiroin
17:45:34 <sledges> to cc
17:45:45 <sledges> nh1402: and re-asked your question
17:45:47 <sledges> thanks
17:45:52 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=771
17:45:52 <merbot> Nemo bug 771 in Hybris-ing "dhd packages built on OBS require unavailable glibc symbols" [Normal,Assigned]
17:46:17 <nh1402> which question
17:46:56 <sledges> nh1402: on oled; s/question/comment/
17:47:36 <sledges> this bug will need to be revisited once dhd on obs is finalised
17:47:41 <sledges> leaving as-is now
17:48:13 <nh1402> ah right
17:48:31 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=765
17:48:31 <merbot> Nemo bug 765 in Hybris-ing "[hammerhead][others] Enable external (Slimport/MHL) screen Mirroring/Extending on Wayland" [Task,New]
17:49:49 <sledges> very interesting tasks, mark as high?
17:50:24 <sledges> *task
17:50:26 * vgrade eyes slimport to hdmi adaptor
17:50:30 <sledges> :)
17:50:38 <vgrade> on desk
17:51:43 <vgrade> can confirm screen is not mirrored or extended
17:51:52 <sledges> haha, ok
17:51:54 <vgrade> on N5
17:51:58 <sledges> probably needs patching from that branch
17:53:16 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=774
17:53:16 <merbot> Nemo bug 774 in Hybris-ing "cannot open sdk/files/ tools source .properties" [Critical,New]
17:54:30 <sledges> worksforme? re-open if re-happens
17:55:35 <vgrade> agreed, quite an old one
17:56:59 <sledges> 3 more minutes ;)
17:57:18 <sledges> we went through a 3rd of open bugs!
17:57:22 <sledges> #topic https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=779
17:57:22 <merbot> Nemo bug 779 in Hybris-ing "[ace] [vision] ofono only talks ril protocol version 7" [Normal,New]
17:57:56 <vgrade> reminds me to check 1+1 ril version
17:58:07 <sledges> was about to say: these are quite old devices
17:58:28 <sledges> 1+1 most probably has some fw loader that sailfish is not picking up/executing
17:58:32 <sledges> to up the modem
17:58:38 <sledges> (had same problem on sammy devices)
17:59:02 <sledges> but to keep all options on the table, let's leave this bug hanging
17:59:43 <vgrade> well 1 call goes through so modem is up , was thinking about 1+1 maybe having a later ril version
18:00:00 <sledges> right, ok
18:00:13 <vgrade> agreed keep this one the same
18:00:21 <sledges> ok
18:00:27 <sledges> thanks everyone, a productive hour that was!
18:00:33 <sledges> meet in a week:)
18:00:34 <sledges> o/
18:00:37 <sledges> #endmeeting