08:18:09 <Nokius> #startmeeting Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration – July 12 2018
08:18:09 <merbot> Meeting started Wed Jul 12 08:18:09 2017 UTC.  The chair is Nokius. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
08:18:09 <merbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
08:18:17 <nh1402> is the next device definitely going to be the X Compact?
08:18:35 <Nokius> #info Meeting information and agenda we have no open questions here https://together.jolla.com/question/54157/sailfishos-open-source-collaboration-meeting-planning/
08:18:39 <LarstiQ> nh1402: we definitely are not ready to look beyond the Xperia X yet
08:18:46 <sledges> woo it's 2018 already `,:)
08:19:01 <r0kk3rz> party!
08:19:03 <Nokius> fuuu
08:19:11 <Nokius> :(
08:19:47 <Nokius> How I can fix that now
08:19:55 <Nokius> such a facepalm
08:20:14 <LarstiQ> Nokius: don't worry about it too much
08:20:26 <Nokius> #topic Brief introduction (5 min). Please prefix your name/handle with # info
08:20:49 <nh1402> what happened about the TJC posts I made after the meeting last time?
08:21:02 <nh1402> have there been enough votes to be acted upon?
08:21:15 <Nokius> #info Nokius community - porting mainly
08:21:44 <LarstiQ> #info Wouter van Heijst, infra at Jolla
08:21:46 <Max-Might> #info Kostadin Damyanov - community, application developer
08:21:56 <r0kk3rz> #info Lewis Rockliffe, community
08:22:12 <abranson> #info Andrew Branson, dev at Jolla
08:22:24 <nh1402> #info nh1402, community member
08:23:25 <sledges> #info Simonas Leleiva, sailor at Jolla
08:23:36 <tbr> #info Thomas, mer community
08:24:13 <locusf> #info Aleksi, nemo community
08:25:07 <Nokius> any quick topic? if not I would start with General discussion
08:26:01 <Nokius> Since there are no questions asked on tjc for this meeting we will start directly with the general discussion
08:26:06 <Nokius> #topic General discussion (15 min)
08:26:40 <LarstiQ> nh1402: links to your posts?
08:26:54 <sledges> https://together.jolla.com/question/163348/emoji-support-in-clipboard-for-android-apps/
08:27:06 <sledges> (2nd one was duplicate, orig is here: https://together.jolla.com/question/43050/have-a-way-to-dismiss-notifications/?sort=votes&page=1 )
08:27:20 <nh1402> beat me to it
08:27:30 <Jaymzz_> Nokius: Thank you for taking care of this man, I apologize for my absence, to be honest, I am not home and I completely forgot about the meeting today :(
08:27:36 <Max-Might> Youyota Sailfish tablet reached funding goal on IGG!
08:27:47 <r0kk3rz> Jaymzz_: o/
08:27:57 <Jaymzz_> r0kk3rz: \o
08:28:57 <Nokius> Jaymzz_: np
08:29:11 <r0kk3rz> Max-Might: yes its good to see, i hope the manufacturing goes well this time
08:29:29 <Jaymzz_> Nokius: So you can take the rest of it too :) I'll host next time!
08:29:45 <Nokius> Jaymzz_: okay, finally I did this too :D
08:30:43 <nh1402> LarstiQ: any update from Jolla about those posts then?
08:31:49 <Max-Might_> Yep, awlays nice to see more SailfishOS devices available
08:33:07 <Nokius> sledges: any updates about HADK 2.0
08:33:14 <sledges> Nokius: WIP
08:33:33 <Nokius> sledges: okay thanks
08:36:39 <Nokius> we have 20 more minutes
08:37:05 <Nokius> any open questions it's your chance to ask ;)
08:37:12 <nh1402> I have
08:38:30 <Nokius> nh1402: the stage is yours
08:41:26 <nh1402> the posts I made 2 weeks ago which were action items for me, have seen quite a few votes within a couple of hours of voting.
08:42:09 <nh1402> is that enough interest to warrant acting on them by Jolla?
08:43:15 <LarstiQ> https://together.jolla.com/question/163348/emoji-support-in-clipboard-for-android-apps/ has 15 votes
08:43:32 <nh1402> the other one got more than double iirc
08:43:40 <LarstiQ> 39
08:43:51 <nh1402> both original and duplicate
08:43:51 <Nokius> #info "emoji" support in clipboard for Android apps has 15 votes
08:43:57 <Nokius> #link https://together.jolla.com/question/163348/emoji-support-in-clipboard-for-android-apps/
08:44:03 <LarstiQ> nh1402: for the emoji one, you should answer Pekka's questions first
08:44:25 <r0kk3rz> afaik theres no 'bar' to get over, TJC is just a bucket that jolla can draw from if they so choose
08:44:42 <Nokius> #info Have a way to dismiss Notifications has 39 votes
08:45:05 <Nokius> #link https://together.jolla.com/question/43050/have-a-way-to-dismiss-notifications/?sort=votes
08:45:07 <LarstiQ> nh1402: the notification one, Joona remarked that with the original design this had been considered and decided against, but Mitäkuuluu like usage may not have been anticipated
08:46:08 <r0kk3rz> LarstiQ: for me that one is mostly a problem with android apps, sailfish apps should be taking it into account and not putting buttons there
08:46:26 <nh1402> the original design being dismiss-able?
08:46:54 <Nokius> we have 5 more minutes but we can extent this since the discussion started late :)
08:46:55 <LarstiQ> nh1402: decided against making them dismissable
08:47:46 <nh1402> r0kk3rz: if Sailfish supports Android apps, the UX should account for both types of apps
08:48:33 <r0kk3rz> nh1402: theres a balance to be struck, part of the attraction of sfos is the UI paradigm
08:48:38 <nh1402> LarstiQ: and it'll remain that way?
08:49:25 <LarstiQ> nh1402: it can be brought up again after vacations, making some specific points (Android/messaging apps) as "new evidence"
08:49:28 <Nokius> one question which oped up during the week in the Telegram group
08:49:42 <Nokius> is there an ETA for the next EA release ?
08:50:11 <r0kk3rz> Nokius: theres translations being done, so after that i guess
08:50:14 <nh1402> in my opinion, it's not just because it blocks UI interaction in android apps, it also distracts the user if it pops up and then doesn't go away for a while.
08:50:35 <LarstiQ> Nokius: we're hoping to be close, but then we thought that several RCs ago, so not really
08:50:50 <Nokius> looks like the community is looking for it since there was a few minutes a newer version public available
08:51:00 <sledges> r0kk3rz: translations are for 2.1.2
08:51:22 <r0kk3rz> sledges: oh, you guys are getting ahead
08:51:49 <r0kk3rz> hurry up and EA 2.1.1 then :)
08:51:54 <LarstiQ> Nokius: Inoi R7 ships with an (otherwise) unreleased version
08:52:01 <sledges> r0kk3rz: 've always been working on upgrades in parallel:) (since that was made possible by LarstiQ and his team many moons ago:)
08:52:21 <sledges> one goes over stabilisation via RCs, another lands feature and translations
08:52:40 <Nokius> #info no ETA for 2.1.1.x but Jolla is testing several RC and hopes to be close soon
08:53:11 <Nokius> LarstiQ: thanks for the update :)
08:53:44 <Nokius> we are over the 15 minutes for this topic anyone likes to add something or shall we go on?
08:53:59 <nh1402> sledges: I suppose the Xperia X port will use the older kernel and not the recently 4.x kernel
08:54:32 <nh1402> -recently*
08:54:41 <Nokius> last question then we will move on
08:55:48 <sledges> nh1402: you suppose correctly
08:56:15 <Nokius> sledges: thanks for the answer
08:56:24 <Nokius> #topic Next meeting’s time and date (5 min)
08:56:29 <Nokius> Next meeting should be in two weeks (26.07.2017) when keeping the rotation. Is this okay or should we postpone this one due to summer vocation season and plan the next one in four weeks (09.08.2017)?
08:56:30 <nh1402> I suppose it won't be updated to the newer one in the future either then
08:56:51 <sledges> nh1402: i wouldn't suppose that;)
08:57:05 <nh1402> nice
08:57:32 <sledges> what does 4.x bring to you of such importance, pls share with us:)
08:57:54 <Nokius> any pros or cons about time and date?
08:58:11 <LarstiQ> Nokius: I'm strongly in favour of a strict biweekly schedule
08:58:31 <Nokius> LarstiQ: +1
08:59:20 <sledges> +1
08:59:21 <nh1402> sledges: the fact that it's a newer shiny'er kernel ;)
08:59:27 <sledges> nh1402: lol ok
08:59:51 <Nokius> #info Next meeting will be held on Wednesday, 26.July 2017 at 08:00 UTC
09:00:16 <Nokius> see you then :)
09:00:26 <sledges> o/ thanks Nokius great chair!
09:00:35 <nh1402> Nokius: thanks for chairing the meeting
09:00:47 <Nokius> sorry for the extemporise chairing
09:01:17 <Jaymzz_> Nokius: Great job! Sorry for putting you in a tight situation
09:01:18 <Nokius> sledges nh1402 thanks
09:01:31 <Nokius> Jaymzz_: welcome all fine :)
09:01:50 <Nokius> Jaymzz_: enjoy your vocation
09:02:09 <Nokius> Jaymzz_: mark the day for the next meeting ;)
09:02:40 <Max-Might_> Nokius: I think you should call #endmeeting to make merbot happy
09:02:50 <Nokius> time to end the meeting now thanks for the participation
09:02:55 <Jaymzz_> Nokius: will do :D
09:03:06 <Nokius> #endmeeting