09:00:16 <Jaymzz> #startmeeting Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration – February 15th 2018
09:00:16 <merbot> Meeting started Thu Feb 15 09:00:16 2018 UTC.  The chair is Jaymzz. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
09:00:16 <merbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
09:00:27 <Jaymzz> #info Meeting information and agenda can be found here: https://lists.sailfishos.org/pipermail/devel/2018-February/008254.html
09:00:41 <Jaymzz> I am the meeting’s chairperson today and will be doing my best to keep time and order. Please behave, respect the timings and be gentle.
09:00:52 <Jaymzz> #topic Brief introduction (5 min). Please prefix your name/handle with # info
09:00:59 <Jaymzz> #info James Noori - Sailor at Jolla
09:01:24 <ljo_> #info Leif-Jöran Olsson, community
09:01:31 <lpr> #info lpr - community
09:01:45 <piggz> #info Adam Pigg, 'mido' porter and wannabe app dev, here by luck as i had a day off!
09:02:04 <kimmoli> #info Kimmo Lindholm, full stack developer
09:02:13 <objectifnul> #info Cedesguin - community
09:02:23 <r0kk3rz> #info Lewis Rockliffe - community
09:02:39 <NeoChapay> #info Chupligin Sergey
09:03:09 <sledges> #info Simonas Leleiva - sailor @ Jolla
09:03:55 <tadzik> #info tadzik, community, small-time developer
09:04:17 <pketo> #info Pami Ketolainen, sailor @ Jolla
09:04:20 <jvd_> #info Tommi Keisala, community
09:04:33 <nh1402> #info nh1402, community
09:05:33 <Robbster> #info Robbster, community
09:06:23 <Jaymzz> #topic: Add HDR support to camera app (asked by mister_magister – 10 min)
09:06:33 <Jaymzz> #info Since HDR is common in Android and iOS since long time already it would be nice if we could get HDR functionality. People coming from android/ios will probably miss that so we should try not to be too far behind android/ios
09:07:03 <Jaymzz> Mister_Magister: Are you there man? :)
09:07:11 <locusf> #info Aleksi Suomalainen, community
09:08:14 <r0kk3rz> is there a TJC for this? this seems like a fairly regular feature request
09:08:54 <r0kk3rz> #link https://together.jolla.com/question/4125/camera-add-hdr-high-dynamic-range-imaging-support/
09:08:54 <Jaymzz> Seems like Michal is not here, but we can answer the topic anyhow since no further explanation is needed.
09:09:06 <r0kk3rz> looks like an oldie too :)
09:09:33 <piggz> i wonder, these days, is HDR done in by the camera app, ie, auto taking multiple exposures ... or handled transparently by the camera blobs?
09:10:48 <r0kk3rz> a bit of both, i remember abranson talking about the various different options you can just turn on in the camera blobs
09:11:25 <Jaymzz> alright for this topic we would need abranson for a proper and solid answer. He is however on vacation this week, therefore to avoid any missleading replies I would like to postpone this topic to the next meeting.
09:12:06 <Robbster> seconded.
09:12:08 <Jaymzz> #info topic postponed to next meeting when abranson is back from vacation.
09:12:24 <Jaymzz> Let's move on
09:12:26 <r0kk3rz> on an additional note, community is welcome to investigate this with the porters :)
09:12:39 <Jaymzz> absolutely, I'll info that
09:12:54 <Jaymzz> #info community is welcome to investigate this with a porter until the next meeting
09:13:08 <Jaymzz> #topic glibc update to 2.19-6.14 (MER#1869) for Lapuanjoki 2.1.4 (asked by lpr – 5 min)
09:13:18 <Jaymzz> #info fixes remote attackable CVE-2018-1000001 & CVE-2017-15670
09:13:30 <sledges> (try pinging MSameer on hdr btw)
09:14:04 <lpr> https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/2018/CVE-2018-1000001.html
09:14:28 <abranson> I'm here! Can come back to the hdr question later if you like.
09:14:38 <lpr> this fix should happen, I think
09:15:01 <Jaymzz> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/2018/CVE-2018-1000001.html
09:15:47 <Jaymzz> abranson: Awesome, let's talk about it during general discussion, I'll give it a few more minutes since we had to cut short the prev topic
09:16:24 <piggz> abranson: good commitment cancelling your leave ;)
09:16:44 <stephg> oops I'm late
09:16:44 <lpr> NeoChapay: you already opened request for the other one
09:17:27 <lpr> https://git.merproject.org/mer-core/glibc/merge_requests/13
09:20:24 <sledges> lpr: so does glibc need to be upgraded, or are the backported patches in that PR sufficient?
09:20:27 <Jaymzz> #link https://git.merproject.org/mer-core/glibc/merge_requests/13
09:20:48 <lpr> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eglibc/2.19-0ubuntu6.14
09:21:14 <lpr> sledges: yes, it does need update
09:21:51 <carlosgonz_> 3:00 am on my country  :/  change time on it will much better.
09:22:16 <lpr> or you take debian/patches/any/cvs-fix-one-byte-glob-overflow.diff and debian/patches/any/cvs-make-getcwd-fail-if-path-is-no-absolute.diff alone
09:22:23 <Jaymzz> lpr I'm giving this topic another 5 minutes
09:22:35 <lpr> Jaymzz: ok
09:23:12 <r0kk3rz> carlosgonz_: timezones suck :)
09:23:16 <lpr> sledges: the other CVEs are less important, I think
09:23:32 <sledges> #info either upgrade glibc to 2.19-6.14 or take debian/patches/any/cvs-fix-one-byte-glob-overflow.diff and debian/patches/any/cvs-make-getcwd-fail-if-path-is-no-absolute.diff alone
09:25:04 <lpr> for the other CVEs you need a long user-name, not just nemo
09:25:23 <sledges> ok
09:25:43 <sledges> will see what can be done, window to 2.1.4 has already closed
09:25:59 <r0kk3rz> sledges: release it already :)
09:26:01 <piggz> on 2.1.4 ... is openrepos problem sorted?
09:26:10 <sledges> piggz: -> general discussion
09:26:13 <lpr> this should be easy to patch
09:26:14 <Jaymzz> lpr we're running over time. shall we move on? you can either discuss it during general discussion or next meeting :)
09:26:30 <sledges> lpr: patches welcome:)
09:26:30 <piggz> sledges: ok quizmaster
09:26:46 <lpr> Jaymzz: ok, thx
09:27:16 <Jaymzz> Moving on :)
09:27:29 <Jaymzz> #topic General discussion (25 min)
09:27:53 <piggz> 1) 2.1.4. openrepos status ;)
09:27:58 <Jaymzz> abranson: If you're still available, you could maybe comment on HDR situation? :)
09:28:02 <sledges> 1) hdr - first come first serve :P
09:28:08 <abranson> yep
09:28:09 <Jaymzz> haha :D
09:28:13 <r0kk3rz> piggz: people have been notified, its up to them to release updated clients
09:28:18 <piggz> s/1/2 :P
09:29:02 <abranson> Thaodan's been working on the packagekit stuff. he's the hero we need.
09:29:11 <sledges> Thaodan_: ^
09:29:38 <ApBBB> the hero we need will bring us a good compact device
09:29:51 <sledges> stephg: ^
09:30:09 <r0kk3rz> indeed XC is a nice thing
09:30:21 <ApBBB> xz1 preferably
09:30:28 <ApBBB> with official support
09:30:57 <piggz> abranson: so, hdr options?
09:31:23 <abranson> about hdr and camera bells and whistles - there are quite a few features available in the android cameras that aren't exposed in the default sailfish camera app. some of them aren't implemented in the middleware yet, and some just haven't got UI yet.
09:31:41 <ApBBB> whe are we going to learn about the next xperia device? MWC?
09:31:46 <Jaymzz> ApBBB: Our official support is going to go to newer devices. It's better for future-proofing and, well, new is almost always better ;)
09:31:53 <Thaodan_> abranson: thanks, I'm trying. So far I really had liked a doc about the changes from 0.8 too 1.0.
09:32:11 <Jaymzz> ApBBB: Maybe, maybe not, who knows :D let's keep MWC surprises under the blanket until we're there.
09:32:24 <nh1402> abranson: does that include high fps video recording?
09:32:27 <abranson> Thaodan_: I think it's 0.9, so we're not even 1.0 yet
09:32:33 * ApBBB crosses fingers for xz1c
09:32:43 <r0kk3rz> ApBBB: the next one is f5122, says the blog post
09:32:57 <stephg> ApBBB: sledges drowning in work currently so no time to OBS the OBSable (do the testing channel basically), but it would be very useful for me to test an OTA so it could be I have to wait until 2.1.4 hits EA
09:33:03 <abranson> nh1402: that's not implemented at all in the middleware yet, but looks very interesting
09:33:10 <ApBBB> r0kk3rz: they said there is something newer
09:33:14 <Thaodan_> abranson: I think that doesn't changes that much at this time. Most stuff broke 0.9
09:33:24 <Jaymzz> r0kk3rz: oh yeah, that one is public. there's another one which isn't public yet until.. well... until it is.
09:33:36 <abranson> Thaodan_: yeah I mean they might break it again for 1.0 :)
09:33:52 <r0kk3rz> stephg: naytsyrhc was looking at things, so maybe you can delegate
09:34:13 <r0kk3rz> Jaymzz: until i leak it :)
09:34:34 <Jaymzz> r0kk3rz: let's not :D
09:35:20 <abranson> hdr is implemented in the middleware - it was one of the last things that msameer did before he left. but it's not in the UI yet
09:35:34 <piggz> oh, thats cool
09:35:37 <abranson> there are a few other things like this, such as scene selection
09:35:49 <piggz> how do we expose them?
09:36:17 <abranson> because one of the nice things about the default camera app is that it keeps things simple
09:36:20 <bshah> I think qtmultimedia will need some patches to have support for it first?
09:36:30 <nh1402> how about ISO 12800 support
09:37:02 <abranson> nh1402: that's a lot of isos
09:37:27 <bshah> xD
09:38:11 <abranson> bshah: not sure - I thought i saw it in the photography settings. but if not then that's another hurdle
09:38:13 <ApBBB> r0kk3rz: its the iphone8 right :P
09:38:28 <r0kk3rz> ApBBB: omg how did you guess
09:38:28 <nh1402> well Sony added support for that since the z3 iirc
09:38:59 <bshah> also oneplus 5 have quite some ISOs
09:39:01 <bshah> :)
09:39:06 <abranson> nh1402: possibly in their own secret software. i've only seen 6400 in aosp so far
09:39:11 <carlosgonz_> Why Jolla not contract MSameer again , he is very good on camera :  )
09:39:12 <ApBBB> abranson: whoever designed the UI for the camera did all things wrong and then some :/
09:39:32 <abranson> ApBBB: i quite like it
09:40:30 <r0kk3rz> carlosgonz_: msameer is off working for huawei and i don't think he would come back to jolla
09:41:04 <ApBBB> abranson: i dont like the tap to settings, i dont like that you swipe anywhere to change from video to pic and so on.
09:41:22 <ApBBB> it seems like it was designed by someone that doesn't use sfos
09:41:48 <nh1402> well the new Huawei flagship supposedly comes with 3 rear cameras, so he'll have plenty to do there
09:42:19 <abranson> can't really comment on the design though - i'm only looking after the lower level stuff that msameer used to do. not sure if we have anyone who can answer camera UI suggestions in, Jaymzz?
09:42:42 <carlosgonz_> r0kk3rz: thanks for the info, bad news : /
09:43:03 <r0kk3rz> carlosgonz_: is ok, we have abranson now :)
09:43:06 <abranson> but I think i'm doing an ok job on it carlosgonz_ ;)
09:43:08 <Jaymzz> not at the moment. but if you guys create new topics for these things for next meeting I'l make sure to have people around :)
09:43:23 <ApBBB> Jaymzz: there is a topic in TJC
09:43:39 <Jaymzz> ApBBB: I meant topics for this meeting ;)
09:43:41 <abranson> trouble is that cameras in general are undergoing classic feature bloat right now. hundreds of tweaks and settings that most people just don't need
09:43:49 <nh1402> well I was going to bring up PiP/Multitasking, the the topic description last time was to organise a meeting, but that didn't happen
09:43:56 <nh1402> but forgot this time
09:43:59 <piggz> 3) plans for PA 11.1 ?
09:44:07 <ApBBB> Jaymzz: ok. might add it if i can be around in the next meeting
09:44:34 <r0kk3rz> nh1402: just set a time already
09:44:43 <Jaymzz> ApBBB: If not, the meeting after that works too ;) Just make sure you add a few days beforehand so I can ping the right person/team
09:44:47 <sledges> sounds like Marmite/Vegemite https://together.jolla.com/question/605/toggle-between-video-and-still-modes-in-camera-app-faster-than-now/?answer=177356#post-id-177356
09:45:31 <pvuorela> piggz: like this? :) https://git.merproject.org/mer-core/pulseaudio/merge_requests/17
09:45:44 <walkingzen> Would it be possible to have new thread for each meeting. It is difficult for newbie like me to follow the topics to be discussed.
09:46:08 <Jaymzz> #link https://together.jolla.com/question/605/toggle-between-video-and-still-modes-in-camera-app-faster-than-now/?answer=177356#post-id-177356
09:46:16 <Thaodan_> abranson: is there a chance of appstream support? looking on discover much stuff has been moved to discover
09:46:18 <piggz> pvuorela: that'll be the one ... whicv version will it land in?
09:46:24 <Jaymzz> #link https://git.merproject.org/mer-core/pulseaudio/merge_requests/17
09:46:34 <Jaymzz> 5 minutes left guys
09:46:37 <ApBBB> sledges: the problem isn't the swipe itself. its that you can swipe anywhere -even a wrong swipr to change awb and it switches
09:46:53 <pvuorela> piggz: well it's not in yet and 2.1.4 should be done.
09:47:35 <nh1402> r0kk3rz: well if no one is here, then no one will come
09:47:51 <abranson> Thaodan_: i couldn't answer that. any idea sledges?
09:48:30 <sledges> abranson: Thaodan_: a replacement for tracker?
09:48:54 <Thaodan_> no for data that is no longer provided by packagekit
09:49:20 <sledges> Thaodan_: such as?
09:49:24 <bshah> https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Distributions/AppStream/
09:49:27 <abranson> Thaodan_: i thought everything was still there, just moved around a bit
09:50:45 <Thaodan_> no for example packagedesktopfiles was removed and metadata moves to appstream
09:50:53 <pvuorela> appstream could be something to use, but seemed like bigger refactoring so not necessarily happening.
09:50:59 <pvuorela> soon at least.
09:51:24 <sledges> pvuorela: has Jolla Store lost any caps due to that?
09:51:29 <pvuorela> sledges: no.
09:51:34 <sledges> no problem then Thaodan_ :)
09:51:42 <pvuorela> worked around the lost features.
09:51:49 <carlosgonz_> abranson: yes you good ,stay up.
09:52:26 <nh1402> is anyone free next Thursday 22nd Feb 9:00 UTC for PiP/Splitscreen meeting?
09:53:39 <Jaymzz> We will move on after nh1402 gets his answer from someone :) running a bit over time
09:54:30 <nh1402> this is exactly why I wasn't going to bring it up now
09:54:36 <nh1402> *tumbleweed*
09:55:01 <Jaymzz> haha :D and no one seems to be replying either. shall we move on nh1402?
09:55:27 <abranson> maybe #nemomobile would be a good place to ask
09:55:57 <sledges> also asking on a TJC ticket
09:55:57 <nh1402> abranson: will do, and probably a tjc post
09:56:03 <Jaymzz> Yeap, moving on
09:56:05 <Jaymzz> #topic Next meeting’s time and date (5 min)
09:56:12 <nh1402> sledges: beat me to it
09:56:17 <sledges> great minds..
09:56:23 <Jaymzz> alright 2 weeks from now is not possible as we will be in Barcelona
09:57:10 <nh1402> MWC special on the Saturday?
09:57:23 <nh1402> or is that not possible?
09:58:02 <Jaymzz> nh1402: Saturday the 3rd? I won't be available and I'm sure many others won't be available either. How about 3 weeks from now? March 8th at 09:00 UTC
09:58:06 <sledges> reception is better at fosdem than mwc :P
09:58:38 <Jaymzz> I know there was a concern about time zones today, so if any other time suggestions are out there, shoot them at me :)
09:58:49 <mal> to the hfr video, I have testing of that on my todo list using cameraplus, not sure when I have to test it
09:58:59 <abranson> good to have it soon after mwc if possible - there'll be lots of excited questions to answer :D
09:58:59 <nh1402> offence but 1 concern
09:59:51 <nh1402> mal: nice
10:00:06 <r0kk3rz> Jaymzz: it'd be a lot easier if the earth was flat :(
10:00:18 <Jaymzz> Anyone against 3 weeks from now on March 8th 2018 at 09:00 UTC?
10:00:25 <sledges> sadly it's spiral shape
10:00:27 <Jaymzz> r0kk3rz: right? :D
10:00:43 <mal> nh1402: in theory it should be quite simple
10:01:17 * sledges was to suggest using cameraplus as playground but thought it was outdated to current camera APIs
10:01:56 <mal> it still works, although the way it does things seems quite different from normal camera
10:02:05 <Jaymzz> Okay I see no objections for 3 weeks from now.
10:02:07 <abranson> cameraplus is a very good candidate for advanced sailfish camera app, but it's a bit of a tangent from the sailfish one
10:02:25 <Jaymzz> #info next meeting will be held after MWC 2018 on March 8th 2018 at 09:00 UTC
10:02:39 <abranson> i.e. I don't think there'd be much scope for feature promotion to sfos camera app beyond the middleware improvements
10:02:55 <mal> abranson: maybe the community should create a carefully planned advanced app
10:04:44 <abranson> mal: yeah, could make a compelling case for open sourcing the sfos one too. it's pretty impossible to contribute towards right now.
10:05:13 <mal> true
10:05:24 <Jaymzz> abranson: mal: we're running over time guys :P
10:05:42 <abranson> ok i'm shushed
10:05:44 <mal> but if there is still desire to keep the original simple then an advanced one might be the way
10:05:57 <abranson> mal: definitely agree with that
10:05:58 <mal> Jaymzz: sorry :)
10:06:01 <sledges> +1
10:06:25 <Jaymzz> No worries.
10:06:43 <Jaymzz> I'll end the meeting now, thanks everyone for participating. Let's have a great MWC!!
10:06:44 <mal> I have too many projects, not sure if I want to add one more, even if the new would be interesting
10:06:48 <Jaymzz> #endmeeting