08:00:15 <Jaymzz> #startmeeting Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration – 11th October 2018
08:00:15 <merbot> Meeting started Thu Oct 11 08:00:15 2018 UTC.  The chair is Jaymzz. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
08:00:15 <merbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
08:00:26 <Jaymzz> #info Meeting information and agenda can be found here: https://lists.sailfishos.org/pipermail/devel/2018-October/008468.html
08:00:34 <Jaymzz> I am the meeting’s chairperson today, and will be doing my best to keep time and order. Please behave, respect the timings and be gentle.
08:00:40 <r0kk3rz> wb Jaymzz
08:00:44 <Jaymzz> #topic Brief introduction (5 min). Please prefix your name/handle with # info
08:00:48 <Jaymzz> r0kk3rz: Thank you!
08:01:00 <Jaymzz> #info James Noori - sailor @ Jolla
08:01:11 <Jaymzz> Let's see how many we are today with no topics :)
08:01:36 <r0kk3rz> #info Lewis Rockliffe - community developer
08:01:44 <DylanVanAssche> #info Dylan Van Assche - student @community & app developer
08:02:07 <flypig> #info David Llewellyn-Jones - dev in the community
08:02:18 <dragonchaser> #info Christian Richter - newby/linux developer
08:03:37 <Jaymzz> I think I'll start with sending reminders a day before from next time :) Feels like it's needed again!
08:04:14 <r0kk3rz> Jaymzz: wheres all the sailors at :P
08:04:27 <mattaustin> #info Matt Austin - community/developer
08:04:39 <dcaliste> #info Damien Caliste, community
08:04:40 <sledges> busy on S3 :P
08:04:44 <Jaymzz> we have sledges here :D the rest will either join or continue working on Sailfish 3
08:05:00 <Jaymzz> It's super busy around here ;)
08:05:23 <r0kk3rz> sledges: so wheres the sfos 3 launch party at?
08:05:25 <sledges> i'm more off than on, prepping the l10n
08:05:57 <Jaymzz> r0kk3rz: Will announce them later on closer to the launch
08:06:02 <r0kk3rz> woo
08:06:03 <abranson> #info Andrew Branson, deck scrubber
08:06:06 <Jaymzz> It can potentially be in multiple locations
08:06:17 <DylanVanAssche> That would be awesome :)
08:06:19 <Jaymzz> and we have abranson!
08:06:27 <Jaymzz> DylanVanAssche: Indeed :)
08:06:29 <abranson> ooer is that trouble
08:06:48 <Jaymzz> abranson: It's the opposite ;D
08:06:49 <Jaymzz> #topic General discussion (30min)
08:07:09 <Jaymzz> discuss away guys!
08:07:27 <DylanVanAssche> Any new updates/teasers regarding SFOS 3?
08:07:29 <r0kk3rz> on the topic of SFOS3, hows the wayland update looking?
08:07:35 <flypig> Is the SFOS release plan descrived in the blog post still on schedule?
08:08:18 <Mister_Magister> #info Mister_Magister late community
08:08:27 <Jaymzz> DylanVanAssche: I've been teasing on Instagram and FB here and there a little bit, but nothing too major to leak out yet ;) whatever I post (if I post more) will be what the hardcore fans already know
08:08:51 <Jaymzz> flypig: yes sir, so far so good!
08:09:06 <DylanVanAssche> Jaymzz: Okay :p Keep it going :)
08:09:34 <DylanVanAssche> Sledges: Will there be enough time for l10n for the community?
08:09:54 <flypig> Jaymzz, great! Very exciting.
08:10:08 <sledges> DylanVanAssche: do your best basically
08:10:31 <sledges> (as always, and you do!)
08:10:34 <Jaymzz> flypig: Indeed! Let's keep our fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly and we can have a happy launch as promised! :)
08:11:05 <DylanVanAssche> sledges: Fine :) Thanks!
08:11:27 <r0kk3rz> Community News: porter extraordinare Piggz has been hacking on the camera stack, and has enabled things like HDR and various filters on mido, as well as started a new camera app to expose them  - https://github.com/piggz/harbour-advanced-camera
08:11:56 <Jaymzz> Wooh!
08:12:05 <DylanVanAssche> r0kk3rz: Nice! Any chance that Jolla picks this up?
08:12:36 <abranson> well, all this is driving the camera stack to expose these properties properly to apps
08:12:39 <r0kk3rz> theres a lot of changes to common things that need to be merged into mer first
08:12:58 <abranson> when they're in, there's a chance to jolla app could have them added a lot more easily
08:13:01 <flypig> Nice. What is mido?
08:13:10 <abranson> but i think it's better to have a community camera app myself
08:13:14 <r0kk3rz> xiaomi something or other
08:13:25 <Jaymzz> Yeah and at least right now with Sailfish 3 we simply are out of capacity for newer features than the ones we are working on for the launch
08:13:33 <r0kk3rz> if any app developers around here want to help piggz make it all nice n pretty, let him know
08:13:34 <abranson> i think it could turn into what it says  - the 'advanced' camera app
08:13:52 <Mister_Magister> only general discussion today?
08:13:54 <Mister_Magister> xD
08:14:00 <sledges> cameraplus reborn
08:14:07 <Jaymzz> Mister_Magister: yes, no topics
08:14:21 <DylanVanAssche> Jaymzz: Talking about promised features: What's the status of webkit/webengine/sailfish-webview
08:14:27 <Mister_Magister> Jaymzz: its kinda nice
08:14:31 <Jaymzz> dyl
08:14:46 <Mister_Magister> PSA Verdanditeam will be on  FOSDEM this year most likely
08:15:20 <Jaymzz> DylanVanAssche: I'm the wrong guy for the web stuff, but I can ask around :)
08:16:06 <DylanVanAssche> Jaymzz: That would be great :D
08:16:37 <r0kk3rz> Mister_Magister: doing a talk?
08:16:40 * Mister_Magister it was Jaymzz idea
08:16:42 <Mister_Magister> r0kk3rz: nah
08:17:04 <DylanVanAssche> Mister_Magister: I will be there too :)
08:17:19 <r0kk3rz> oh boring
08:17:42 <Jaymzz> DylanVanAssche: Will get back at you as soon as I have an answer, if it is after the meeting, I'll let you know personally
08:17:46 <Mister_Magister> DylanVanAssche: we will show all of our 10 ports to people who would like to see :P
08:18:38 <DylanVanAssche> Jaymzz: Thanks!
08:19:04 <DylanVanAssche> Mister_Magister: Great!
08:19:26 * Mister_Magister wonders how he can go around with 10 phones
08:19:35 <Mister_Magister> i dont have enaugh pockets xD
08:19:41 <Jaymzz> A bag?
08:19:46 <DylanVanAssche> Mister_Magister: A small boot at FOSDEM?
08:19:55 <Mister_Magister> DylanVanAssche: what boot?
08:20:20 * r0kk3rz imagines Mister_Magister in a trench coat lined with motorolas
08:20:22 <Jaymzz> DylanVanAssche: not the easiest thing, he's gotta be way early in booking it, but it could be an idea
08:20:33 <DylanVanAssche> Mister_Magister: Last year, several projects where showing their stuff in small boots.
08:20:44 <Mister_Magister> r0kk3rz: and ill go to you like psst ya want some motorola with sfos?
08:20:44 <r0kk3rz> booth, not boot :P
08:21:02 <Mister_Magister> DylanVanAssche: where i can get one
08:21:20 <Mister_Magister> i have never beeen to any event like that i dont know this stuff
08:21:49 <r0kk3rz> Mister_Magister: just come and hang around, theres usually a fairly big sfos crew there
08:21:54 <DylanVanAssche> r0kk3rz: oops :p booth indeed. Doing multiple things at the same time :p
08:22:09 <Mister_Magister> r0kk3rz: thats what im planning
08:22:14 <DylanVanAssche> Yeah indeed :)
08:22:18 <Mister_Magister> and when i meet sfos people ill show phones too
08:22:26 <DylanVanAssche> +1
08:22:36 <Mister_Magister> i think thats better option i will be more free
08:23:00 <lp35> #info lp35 - Sailfish XperiaX user - linux/app dev IRL
08:23:20 <Jaymzz> welcome lp35
08:23:44 <lp35> thanks, I had hard time to register to freenode (the policy seems to had changed since last time :) )
08:25:40 <abranson> lp35: they had a spam attack
08:25:46 <Jaymzz> lp35 had that issue previously. It can be a pain sometimes
08:26:11 <lp35> ^^ I'm here now so everything ok :)
08:26:25 <lp35> I've made a PR a long time ago regarding carddav, it was not accepted because of test missing. I have no answer since then, would it be possible to get an update on this? https://git.merproject.org/mer-core/buteo-sync-plugin-carddav/merge_requests/15
08:26:53 <r0kk3rz> lp35: best to catch chriadam about that in #mer
08:27:03 <Jaymzz> I think chriadam (who is not online at the moment on this chat) is the best
08:27:04 <lp35> ok, thanks
08:27:10 <Jaymzz> yeah as r0kk3rz said :D
08:27:13 <r0kk3rz> i can remind him next time hes around
08:27:34 <lp35> anyway, is there any documentation about how the different stacks in sailfish are organized? sorry for the technical question
08:27:48 <r0kk3rz> yes and no, its a complicated question
08:28:44 <lp35> as a developper, I know how difficult is to maintain a documentation thorought the all life of an app, but even a very high level representation of sailfish os would help a lot of newbies dev to jump into the code :)
08:28:48 <dcaliste> lp35: there are some pointers in https://sailfishos.org/wiki/Core_Areas_and_APIs
08:29:21 <r0kk3rz> lp35: if you have an area in mind, i can give you a tour
08:30:14 <lp35> grosso modo, synchronization of services like carddav, caldav, and how the diff is done with the lcoal contact app.
08:30:57 <lp35> maybe we can organize another meeting together later ;)
08:31:22 <r0kk3rz> there used to be regular meetings with dcaliste and chriadam on exactly that topic, but i think priorities shifted
08:31:37 <lp35> ok no problem.
08:31:51 <dcaliste> Sync is done by Buteo framework, which is responsible to wake up at given tie or interval and run some code for each account.
08:32:02 <dcaliste> see buteo-syncfw in Mer.
08:32:21 <dcaliste> It's quite complicated code, but it's only related to run things when needed.
08:32:37 <dcaliste> For the actual syncing code, you'll have to look at plug-ins.
08:32:53 <dcaliste> You know already the buteo-sync-plugin-carddav.
08:34:07 <dcaliste> For caldav, I can explain further how the diff is done, but I've never looked at the code for carddav :(
08:34:26 <Jaymzz> 5 minutes left guys, I have to keep it rather strict as there is a lot to do after the meeting is done :) so I think wrapping it up would be a good idea at this point
08:35:07 <r0kk3rz> bring on the sfos3 party!
08:35:08 <Jaymzz> DylanVanAssche: any chance you can turn your webkit question into a topic for the next meeting? If there is a topic, usually the dedicated sailor will be present
08:35:34 <Jaymzz> r0kk3rz: Yay :D
08:35:41 <r0kk3rz> i'll rally the porters so we can have lots of devices out there
08:35:43 <DylanVanAssche> Jaymzz: I will try, I'm not sure if I will make it (like today :p )
08:35:51 <lp35> I know there are a lot of sailors in my city, I think it could be nice to organize a sfos3 alunching party :)
08:36:32 <Jaymzz> DylanVanAssche: Okay, even if you're not available, if the question is elaborate enough, you'll get your answer in the logs.
08:36:46 <Jaymzz> lp35 where are you from? :)
08:36:50 <DylanVanAssche> Jaymzz: +1, I will add it then
08:36:54 <lp35> Rennes, France
08:37:22 <lp35> 3 out 10 ppl working at my company have a 1 or 2 sailfish devices
08:37:45 <Mister_Magister> wow noice
08:37:50 <flypig> lp35, what a great company :)
08:38:12 <lp35> #startup #hipsters :D
08:38:16 <Jaymzz> lp35 As of now, I am unsure if we will have anything going in France, but it's definitely something to think about :) and yes, that is a great company indeed! :D
08:38:23 <Jaymzz> need to move on now
08:38:29 <Mister_Magister> if somebody at jolla is using ios that s heresy
08:38:37 <Jaymzz> #topic Next meeting's time and date (5 min)
08:38:47 <Mister_Magister> anything +1
08:39:03 <Jaymzz> Thursday, 25th of October at 08:00 UTC :)
08:39:32 <Jaymzz> Mister_Magister: We do use every single platform. We have to know what's out there and how we can improve and be better ;)
08:39:47 <Mister_Magister> Jaymzz: thats heresy oniichan
08:40:12 <Jaymzz> Sure XD no idea what you mean,
08:40:25 <Jaymzz> anyhow seems like everyone is fine with the proposed date
08:40:33 <Mister_Magister> Jaymzz: https://pics.me.me/as-heresy-onii-chan-34026943.png
08:40:45 <Mister_Magister> ye
08:40:48 <Jaymzz> #info nest meeting will be held on Thursday October 25th 2018 at 08:00 UTC
08:40:53 <Jaymzz> Next*
08:40:55 <Mister_Magister> nest meeting
08:40:56 <Mister_Magister> xD
08:41:08 <Jaymzz> Thanks everyone for joining today. Let's have more topics next time ;)
08:41:19 <Jaymzz> #endmeeting