09:00:11 <Jaymzz> #startmeeting Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration – 21st March 2019
09:00:11 <merbot> Meeting started Thu Mar 21 09:00:11 2019 UTC.  The chair is Jaymzz. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings.
09:00:11 <merbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
09:00:23 <Jaymzz> #info Meeting information and agenda can be found here: https://lists.sailfishos.org/pipermail/devel/2019-March/008568.html
09:00:33 <Jaymzz> I am the meeting’s chairperson today, and will be doing my best to keep time and order. Please behave, respect the timings and be gentle.
09:00:44 <Jaymzz> #topic Brief introduction (5 min). Please prefix your name/handle with # info
09:00:53 <Jaymzz> #info James Noori - sailor @ Jolla
09:01:12 <lbt> #info David Greaves - Mer guy and sailor
09:01:28 <richrboo_> #info Richard Booth - Community
09:02:34 <r0kk3rz> #info Lewis Rockliffe - token antipodean
09:02:51 <flypig> #info David Llewellyn-Jones - sailor @ jolla, and on time this week
09:03:02 <Jaymzz> flypig: :D
09:03:34 <sledges> #info Simonas Leleiva - sailoR @ Jolla
09:03:49 <vknecht> #info Vincent Knecht - community
09:05:07 <Jaymzz> So as you guys know, we do not have any topics announced by the community this week, therefore we are goingto carry on with a 30 minute general discussion.
09:05:30 <Jaymzz> #topic general discussion (30 min)
09:05:49 <Coolgeek> Is there any wearable planned at Jolla or with a partner ?
09:05:53 <Coolgeek> like a watch ?
09:07:05 <flypig> There's the Asteroid OS, but I'm not sure what the current status is for that.
09:07:10 <r0kk3rz> they did a watch prototype once
09:07:19 <r0kk3rz> but yes, check out asteroid os
09:07:22 <Jaymzz> Coolgeek: We have the concept in place, and of course we are always open for business. There are and have been vendors interested in the watch concept, but even if there is any at the moment, it's at very early stages and I can't share much more with you on that front.
09:07:54 <Coolgeek> ok :)
09:08:42 <richrboo_> When is the full cloud integration coming to Sailfish 3?
09:11:42 <Jaymzz> richrboo_: There is no date I can announce right now, but cloud integration is being worked on :)
09:12:24 <richrboo_> That's good to hear, thanks
09:13:55 <Jaymzz> Man, it's quiet in here today. Hopefully it's not one of those days when everyone remembers something at the last minute and wants to continue the discussion ;)
09:14:28 <sledges> karry_: are you happy with the answer? our l10n team would still appreciate a summarised description of what exactly secret storages, and secrets data are (collections been explained) https://together.jolla.com/question/200019/proposal-for-new-terminology-terms/?answer=201839#post-id-201839
09:14:36 <sledges> so we can add these to pootle as new terms
09:15:13 <Coolgeek> is there any plan to add a permission system for apps ? (native and android)
09:16:35 <Jaymzz> Coolgeek: I think that is a whole other topic that needs research from my side. That's why we have the planning page :) So if you could announce this on the usual place for the next meeting, I will make sure to have responsible sailors around to answer you :)
09:17:18 <flypig> Coolgeek, out of interest, is the native side something you feel is important?
09:17:38 <Coolgeek> it may be, as there is multiple store
09:17:50 <r0kk3rz> flypig: it is something of a glaring omission when compared to android and ios
09:18:11 <r0kk3rz> the android permissions system is quite advanced these days
09:19:28 <flypig> Yes, I can appreciate that. I'm just wondering about where it's seen in terms of priorities. On desktop linux it exists, but doesn't seem to be such a priority, for example.
09:19:57 <sledges> ViGe: are you around?:)
09:20:19 <Coolgeek> on desktop, usually, you get your spftware from the official repos
09:20:33 <pasik> flypig: i've personally been waiting for permission system for sailfish native apps for a long time!
09:20:35 <Coolgeek> on SFOS, there is multiple repos, not all official
09:21:05 <flypig> Yes, it's a good point.
09:21:14 <schmittlauch[m]> Could it be that sailfishos.org is a bit broken? The home page has white top link text on white background (due to MWC redesign) and the search box in the wiki is not clickable https://sailfishos.org/wiki/SailfishOS
09:21:16 <pasik> with the security/privacy focus of sailfish, it should have permissions system for native apps too
09:21:51 <sledges> (or Jare:)
09:21:53 <ViGe> sledges: I'm here..
09:22:49 <sledges> ViGe: Thaodan_ asked during FOSDEM if QtCreator could be split from the SDK so that people who have their own QtCreator (with things setup the way they like, and used in other non-SFOS Qt projects) could use theirs, and integrate only relevant SFOS SDK parts?
09:23:16 <lbt> schmittlauch[m]: noted. ty
09:25:29 <ViGe> sledges: We have something like that in our long term plans.
09:25:41 <sledges> great to hear:)
09:26:06 <schmittlauch[m]> if not appropriate here please ignore, otherwise: Can somebody tell me where the accounts database is stored. I need to delete it as it's malformed
09:26:30 <schmittlauch[m]> Also, what's the ETA for the promised public roadmap?
09:26:46 <r0kk3rz> promised?
09:27:27 <Jaymzz> LEss than 10 minutes left
09:27:27 <schmittlauch[m]> r0kk3rz: yes, at least one blog post promised it and Jaymzz once said that it will come "soon"
09:27:42 <ViGe> sledges: If he really wants to use a separate Qt Creator, he can actually already do it, he just needs to compile his code using the build engine from command line.
09:28:20 <vknecht> any chance for the official updater to work also for ports one day ? at least this utility seems ok https://openrepos.net/content/olf/sfos-upgrade
09:28:39 <Jaymzz> schmittlauch[m]: I think that blog post has not progressed since the last time I said that it was being worked on. So unfortunately I can't promise it will be released anytime soon. Other priorities happened.
09:29:01 <r0kk3rz> the last roadmap was mostly lies anyway
09:29:03 <schmittlauch[m]> noted
09:30:11 <Jaymzz> r0kk3rz: I would not call it lies. In a business like Jolla's, changes to roadmaps are very common due to the size and the flexibility of the business. And that is one of the reasons that we don't usually go public with just "a" roadmap.
09:30:13 <Coolgeek> is the login of TJC the same as the Jolla one ?
09:30:54 <r0kk3rz> Jaymzz: regardless the information it contained wasnt particularly useful
09:31:34 <schmittlauch[m]> Coolgeek: it should ask you for your Jolla account data, yes
09:31:41 <Coolgeek> ok :)
09:31:41 <sledges> Thaodan_: please see ViGe's answer above on custom QtCreator, and if you want more instructions, it's worth posting a topic for next time
09:31:45 <Jaymzz> r0kk3rz: point taken :)
09:32:00 <flypig> r0kk3rz, that's always going to be a difficulty.
09:32:07 <Jaymzz> 5 minutes left
09:33:36 <flypig> schmittlauch[m], I'm trying to dig out that accounts info database, I may be some time (if someone else knows, please save me the trouble!)
09:34:16 <Jaymzz> Coolgeek: btw, if you don't have enough karma on TJC to create a topic, please message or email me so I can create it for you.
09:35:05 <lbt> I thought there was info about the accounts db on tjc
09:35:13 <Coolgeek> I hhave 1 of karma
09:36:00 <sledges> vknecht: there needs a mechanism for official updater to handle a separate HW adaptation repos and their versioning and updates on merproject.prg, in addition to the official sfos repos on jolla servers
09:36:31 <Jaymzz> Coolgeek: Just test out and see if you can edit the planning page and add your topic there. Try following the instructions as closely as possible and let me know how it went.
09:36:37 <sledges> after the policy is established, then it would have to be also implemented, so i wouldn't see this making into the priorities list any time soon
09:36:52 <flypig> schmittlauch[m], there's some stuff in /home/nemo/.cache/msyncd/sync, but that may/may not be what you want.
09:37:04 <r0kk3rz> sledges: maybe on build.sailfishos.org ;)
09:37:05 <Coolgeek> it is just an answer to this https://together.jolla.com/question/54157/sailfishos-open-source-collaboration-meeting-planning/ ? right ? (I never done it)
09:37:09 <vknecht> sledges, ok
09:37:26 <sledges> r0kk3rz: s/merproject/sailfishos/g soon :P
09:37:35 <r0kk3rz> SoonTM
09:37:41 <sledges> same thing stands though about the updater
09:37:50 <Jaymzz> Coolgeek: That's why I said read the instructions and follow them as closely as you can ;)
09:38:02 <Coolgeek> :)
09:38:26 <Jaymzz> Coolgeek: it's not exactly an "answer" to that. You should be able to edit that post and add your topic to the main post. If not possible, leave as an answer and let me know.
09:39:10 <vknecht> maybe an interesting idea for sfos, a cheap nightmode-like kernel mod : https://github.com/tanish2k09/KLapse-Livedisplay
09:39:21 <Jaymzz> Time is up for this one guys. Hopefully everyone got what they came here for :) Hopefully y'all will announce more topics for the next meeting
09:39:22 <vknecht> didn't try it yet
09:39:25 <schmittlauch[m]> flypig: at least only deleting ~/.config/signond didn't do the trick
09:40:48 <Jaymzz> #topic next meeting time and date
09:41:13 <Jaymzz> #info Next meeting will be held on April 4th 2019 at 09:00 UTC
09:42:03 <Jaymzz> Thanks all for participating in today's meeting :)
09:42:15 <Jaymzz> Don't forget to add your topics where it should be ;)
09:42:23 <sledges> #info read full logs for this short meeting:)
09:42:23 <Jaymzz> ee you in 2 weeks!
09:42:30 <Jaymzz> yes!
09:42:40 <Jaymzz> and see* you in 2 weeks :D
09:42:48 <Coolgeek> should be good (hopefully). Jaymzz can you check if I did good ?
09:42:56 <Jaymzz> #endmeeting