08:00:38 <Jaymzz> #startmeeting Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration – May 28th 2020
08:00:38 <sailbot_> Meeting started Thu May 28 08:00:38 2020 UTC. The chair is Jaymzz. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
08:00:38 <sailbot_> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
08:00:45 <Jaymzz> #info Meeting information and agenda can be found here: https://lists.sailfishos.org/pipermail/devel/2020-May/009206.html
08:00:51 <Jaymzz> I am the meeting’s chairperson today, and will be doing my best to keep time and order. Please behave, respect the timings and be gentle.
08:01:02 <Jaymzz> #topic Brief introduction (5 min). Please prefix your name/handle with # info
08:01:10 <Jaymzz> #info James Noori - sailor @ Jolla
08:01:31 <Jaymzz> No topic for today except for general discussion, so I don't expect many attendees :)
08:01:32 <nobodyinperson> #info nobodyinperson - community
08:01:36 <ViGe> #info Ville Nummela - sailor@Jolla
08:02:41 <flypig> #info David Llewellyn-Jones - sailor @ jolla
08:04:13 <Jaymzz> oka couple more would be nice XD
08:04:16 <Jaymzz> okay*
08:04:22 <flypig> Quiet today.
08:04:23 <nobodyinperson> yes... :-)
08:04:39 <Jaymzz> yeah, despite a reminder email
08:04:49 <piggz> #info piggz communit proter
08:05:01 <piggz> s/porter
08:05:05 <nobodyinperson> Here we have an i
08:05:18 <nobodyinperson> *important one :-)
08:05:24 <Jaymzz> indeed
08:05:38 <piggz> huh
08:06:19 <dcaliste> #info Damien Caliste, community
08:06:27 <Jaymzz> piggz: we were just discussing that it is quiet today, then a porter shows up (you) which makes you a rather important one ;)
08:06:48 <diodesign> #info Chris Williams - community
08:06:57 <piggz> heh .... i dont think i have anything to add, just here cos im available :)
08:07:21 <Jaymzz> Yeah no worries on that :) we may not have much to talk about today anyhow
08:07:26 <Jaymzz> I'm changing the topic
08:07:29 <flypig> Plus we have the press here today :)
08:07:44 <Jaymzz> #topic general discussion (30 min)
08:08:52 <nobodyinperson> I suppose there are no news concerning the PinePhone? (I know, same old story...)
08:09:38 <nobodyinperson> The UBPorts community edition is just about to ship :-)
08:09:51 <piggz> nobodyinperson: well, our community edition can make calls
08:09:52 <flypig> piggz, it looked like you had some progress with fingerprints?
08:09:54 <Nico[m]> Short meeting today, I see :D
08:10:01 <piggz> flypig: maybe a little
08:10:03 <Nico[m]> #info Nico, community
08:10:21 <Jaymzz> Nico[m]: Yeah, welcome :)
08:10:41 <Jaymzz> nobodyinperson: No official news on that front
08:10:54 <flypig> piggz, did you get enrolment to work?
08:10:56 <Nico[m]> Sometimes it gets hard to keep track of when friday is these days :3
08:11:01 <nobodyinperson> piggz: Ah cool. I'm really looking forward to putting SailfishOS on mine :-)
08:11:07 <piggz> flypig: i did
08:11:17 <piggz> and identify
08:11:29 <Nico[m]> Should I wait for an official Sailfish edition PinePhone, or should I just buy the UBPorts version? :3
08:11:37 <flypig> What else is needed? That sounds like everything?
08:12:17 <piggz> flypig: i need to implement the proper dbus api .... thats today ....  i hope today it will properly work with the volla
08:12:33 <flypig> Sounds amazing. Nice work.
08:12:36 <nobodyinperson> Nico[m]: I'd buy one. The hardware will be widely compatible, I suggest.
08:12:49 <piggz> becuase i dont know the api, im relying on dbus-monitor output, and running "strings" on the jolla binary :D
08:13:30 <Nico[m]> nobodyinperson:  Well, I was hoping an official one would support the sailfish devs too, but you're probably right :3
08:13:39 <flypig> Haha. That sounds challenging :)
08:13:47 <rinigus> piggz: can we ask for api docs?
08:13:52 <nobodyinperson> Nico[m]: Ah right.
08:14:04 <piggz> Nico[m]: yeah, that would be nice, but weve not had any talks about an official version
08:14:12 <rinigus> or was that asked already and reply was ... "we have to discuss it internally"
08:14:12 <piggz> rinigus: i guess we can ask ?
08:14:37 <piggz> rinigus: given the usual responses i get....... :D
08:14:42 <flypig> piggz, there should be introspection on the dbus api.
08:15:14 <piggz> flypig: i think i have enough of the api to enroll/identify and signal state, but not the strings needed for the state
08:15:22 <Nico[m]> piggz: So.... I'll just buy 2 then? ;p
08:15:30 <piggz> they all start FPSTATE_, so strings may help
08:15:38 <flypig> Ah, I see.
08:15:55 <nobodyinperson> piggz: I guess a SailfishOS community edition has to involve Jolla, right?
08:15:55 <rinigus> piggz: but the other device you tried before volla was also qualcomm? and failed as for me so far?
08:16:14 <flypig> Could we provide those strings Jaymzz, ViGe?
08:16:48 <piggz> rinigus: yes ..... i wasnt sure if it was the software, or that fact that my pro1 exploded into parts when it fell out of my cycling jacket pocket!!!!!
08:17:21 <rinigus> piggz: I hope you managed to reassemble it back...
08:17:43 <Nico[m]> Nice, a puzzle phone
08:17:54 <nobodyinperson> Nico[m]: xD
08:17:59 <piggz> rinigus: yes, only the buttons are not great anymore, and i have a new screen to fit .... becuase afte the inital repair, i dropped it again!!!
08:18:03 <ViGe> flypig: we could, but given how these things usually go, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them
08:18:27 <piggz> ViGe: and i want an implementation by today!! ;)
08:18:49 <piggz> it was hard work getting it all together yesterday, my head was exploding
08:20:00 <piggz> flypig: in the video, were you able to make out the show in the background audio?
08:20:19 <rinigus> piggz: have you figured out how to forget a fingerprint?
08:20:33 <flypig> piggz, let me have another listen. It's verrrrry quiet.
08:20:41 <piggz> rinigus: yes, there is a clear button on the test app
08:21:04 <piggz> rinigus: i had to implement that becuae i went to make the video, but ran out of space to store a FP!!
08:21:09 <flypig> Is that data?
08:21:17 <flypig> And #1?
08:21:19 <piggz> yep
08:21:31 <piggz> re-watching from season 1 :D
08:22:13 <piggz> rinigus: seems it can store 5 finger prints here
08:22:25 <flypig> Haha :) How does identification work in TNG? I think it's all voice + four letter high security codes to set the ship to self destruct. No fingerprints.
08:23:04 <piggz> flypig: needs first officer to agree to self destruct
08:23:21 <flypig> 2FA then.
08:27:14 <flypig> I'd better add this for clarity: https://twitter.com/adampigg/status/1265752397604937729
08:27:29 <piggz> as ive never used an official device with FP support, can you bypass the FP and use a code, assuming i dont implement the api correctly first time?
08:28:24 <Nico[m]> piggz: If you mess up the FP a few times, it will ask you for the code or you can even enter the code directly, iirc
08:28:32 <Jaymzz> piggz: that should not be a problem
08:28:33 <piggz> thats fine then
08:29:21 <Nico[m]> Yeah, it just shows you the code prompt, where you can actually enter the FP, even though it isn't hinted
08:30:35 <Jaymzz> Alright guys, if there's nothing more, I think we should move on :)
08:31:13 <Nico[m]> Well, I don't want to repeat the same questions every meeting, I'll ask them in the next one again ;p
08:31:13 <Jaymzz> #topic next meeting time and date (5 min)
08:31:29 <Jaymzz> Nico[m]: Feel fre to create a topic ;)
08:31:41 <Jaymzz> #info Next meeting will be held on June 11th 2020 at 08:00 UTC
08:32:01 <Nico[m]> Nah, it's just the same question for the forum and stuffs, doesn't make sense to have a topic for that :3
08:32:21 <Jaymzz> Nico[m]: ah ok, yeah let's see how the progress has been until next time
08:32:46 <Nico[m]> :D
08:33:06 <Jaymzz> Ending the meeting :)
08:33:06 <Nico[m]> Anyway, thanks for the meeting goes back to do his job
08:33:13 <Jaymzz> Nico[m]: Thank you
08:33:24 <flypig> Thanks Jaymzz.
08:33:27 <Jaymzz> And thanks everyone for attending! Talk to you in 2 weeks
08:33:32 <Jaymzz> #endmeeting