08:00:06 <sledges> #startmeeting Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 12th November 2020
08:00:06 <sailbot> Meeting started Thu Nov 12 08:00:06 2020 UTC. The chair is sledges. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
08:00:06 <sailbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
08:00:35 <Thaodan> piggz: Whats is 8am is for others even later :P
08:01:12 <piggz> Thaodan: there is one true time zone, and its gmt :D
08:01:38 <sledges> #info Meeting information and agenda can be found here:
08:01:41 <sledges> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/community-meeting-on-irc-12th-nov-2020/3272
08:01:52 <sledges> I am the meeting's chairperson today, and will be doing my best to keep time and order. Please behave and re5tecpa timing.
08:02:13 <sledges> #topic Brief introduction (5 min). Please prefix your name/handle with #info
08:02:16 <sledges> #info Simonas Leleiva - privateer for Jolla
08:02:31 <Thaodan> #info Björn Bidar - sailor @ Jolla
08:02:35 <piggz> #info piggz Community porter/dev
08:02:44 <flypig> #info David Llewellyn-Jones - sailor @ jolla
08:02:50 <thigg[m]> #info thigg - community
08:02:52 <ViGe> #info Ville Nummela - sailor @ Jolla
08:03:07 <karry_> #info Lukas Karas - community, developer
08:03:21 <chriadam> #info Chris Adams - developer @ Jolla
08:03:23 <Nico[m]> #info Nico - community, developer
08:03:32 <dcaliste> #info Damien Caliste, community
08:03:42 <sailr> #info sailr - community
08:04:27 <gmc> #info gmc - community
08:04:39 <gmc> (i'm currently in a telco but paying attention here)
08:05:06 <flypig> Don't get confused about which is which ;)
08:05:12 <abranson> #info abranson - sailor
08:05:48 <Nico[m]> Talks info into phone
08:06:06 <Thaodan> flypig: There is only one that flies! :D
08:06:09 <thigg[m]> how do you pronounce #?
08:06:21 <Thaodan> pound?
08:06:28 <sledges> #topic QtMultimedia/gstreamer unable to play back from most HTTPS sources (5 min -- asked by ahappyhuman)
08:06:29 <piggz> hash
08:06:34 <thigg[m]> hash
08:06:37 <sledges> #info <ahappyhuman> while gstreamer seems to be pretty up to date, it uses a outdated libsoup and gnutls for doing network requests, as I’ve found out and written in this post:
08:06:38 <piggz> pound is £
08:06:45 <sledges> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/debugging-qml-mediaplayer/3203/3
08:06:49 <flypig> sharp
08:06:59 <sledges> #info <ahappyhuman> This seems to be the reason why virtually any playback from a https source fails. Are there any plans to solve this issue by updating libsoup and/or libgnutls or switching to e.g. curlhttpsrc (even though it’s a "bad" plugin)?
08:07:42 <chriadam> octothorpe
08:07:45 <sledges> #info <Jolla> We are moving from gnutls to openssl where possible to unify our stack:
08:07:52 <sledges> #link https://git.sailfishos.org/mer-core/glib-networking/merge_requests/3/diffs
08:07:57 <sledges> #link https://git.sailfishos.org/mer-core/libnice/merge_requests/9/diffs
08:08:02 <sledges> #link https://git.sailfishos.org/mer-core/telepathy-gabble/merge_requests/3/diffs
08:08:15 <sledges> #info <Jolla> Similarly previously we moved from nss to openssl where it was possible, e.g.,
08:08:20 <sledges> #link https://git.sailfishos.org/mer-core/rpm/commit/2458dc762fa251c201e59a8d508db8a44c814fcb
08:09:00 <ApBBB> is the move complete???
08:09:12 <ApBBB> or is there an estimate for completion?
08:09:37 <Nico[m]> And do we get it in the next release together with openssl 1.1? :D
08:10:28 <sledges> we have the next release candidate available to our cbeta group, already where QtMultimedia/libsoup no longer uses libgnutls
08:10:39 <Thaodan> Nico[m]: Yes the next release will contain OpenSSL 1.1.x.
08:10:41 <Nico[m]> Nice
08:11:07 <Nico[m]> Perfect, then I can finally update my lib, super awesome!
08:13:15 <sledges> remember: we give no schedules when EA or public release will be ;) so if you want to test it already now, apply within to join cbeta, simples:)
08:13:40 <ViGe> +1
08:13:42 <Nico[m]> I didn't know, I could do that, where do I sign up? :D
08:14:36 <sledges> Nico[m]: you can PM me
08:14:52 <gmc> what is cbeta?
08:14:57 <Nico[m]> Will do so later, thanks :3
08:15:00 <piggz> *sledges gets flood of PMs
08:15:46 <Nico[m]> Well, I would suggest not signing up to cbeta, if you are not willing to reflash your phone or lose data. It's probably more risky than EA
08:15:53 <chriadam> cbeta is a closed-beta group which provides "super early access" to likely-unstable pre-release software versions.
08:15:54 <ViGe> I'm wondering if sleges broke the first rule of cbeta: you don't talk about cbeta... ;)
08:15:57 <flypig> gmc, there seems to be a page about cbeta here: https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010157693-Rolling-Saifish-OS-updates-out-in-phases-Cbeta-and-Early-Access-
08:16:09 <Nico[m]> Which also a lot of people use and then are annoyed by the upgrades
08:16:17 <gmc> :)
08:16:23 <sledges> ViGe: you don't talk of what happens in cbeta;)
08:16:23 <chriadam> you will have to reflash from time to time.  you will lose data from time to time.
08:16:30 <ahappyhuman> Soorry for being late, but nice!
08:16:39 <ApBBB> ViGe is there also a pagan ceremony in some deep forest in Finland to get into the cbeta group???? Thats what i heard :P
08:16:53 <piggz> ViGe: i wanted to make same joke, but then id break the rule! :D
08:17:17 <flypig> ApBBB :D
08:17:29 <ahappyhuman> #info Chris - community, developer
08:17:32 <ViGe> ApBBB: You need to join in order to find out!
08:17:37 <Nico[m]> Are there cbeta sdks btw?
08:17:51 <Nico[m]> Or at least targets
08:18:19 <sledges> group consists of dedicated fans, testing and giving the earliest feedback
08:18:25 <dcaliste> Not that I know off, and it makes life a bit difficult sometimes.
08:18:42 <dcaliste> Well, life, I mean things related to the phone development...
08:19:01 <sledges> time to move it, move it
08:19:03 <sledges> #topic Status of PGP stuff in the email (10 min -- ApBBB)
08:19:05 <Nico[m]> Yeah, I would love to have OpenSSL 1.1 available to develop my next release as early as possible :3
08:19:30 <sledges> and to inform other app devs that something breaks, early on
08:19:30 <sledges> #info <ApBBB> This is a feature that was implemented (by Damien Caliste) long time ago, made it in the repos yet it is not available for the end user. There was supposed to be a blog post on how to use it but that never came.
08:19:45 <sledges> #info <ApBBB> So what is the status and if its planned to be available anytime soon?
08:19:59 <ApBBB> the question is clear i dont have anything to add
08:20:41 <ApBBB> oh yeah by not available i mean easily available
08:20:52 <ApBBB> not easily available
08:21:23 <sledges> #info <Jolla> we are looking alternative pgp solution that potentially could be used, one is sequioa
08:21:28 <sledges> #link https://gitlab.com/sequoia-pgp/sequoia
08:21:37 <sledges> #info <Jolla> but that is written in rust which we do not have maturized yet with Sailfish OS.
08:21:43 <sledges> #info <Jolla> If there are other opensource PGP stacks feel free to point to those directions.
08:22:13 <sledges> could dcaliste perhaps chip in with his thoughts too on way forward ^ ?
08:22:28 <chriadam> this is the first I've heard of this.
08:22:49 <dcaliste> Well, besides the licence what is the issue with GnuPG implementation ? It's widely used on desktop.
08:23:09 <Nico[m]> Gpg has a horrible API, iirc
08:23:16 <dcaliste> It's doing PGP and S/MIME, signing and encripting.
08:23:25 <dcaliste> gpgme is not that bad.
08:23:26 <rinigus> would be great to know why the implemented code is not used
08:23:45 <Thaodan> I think its hard it replace without rewriting anything that uses GPGME.
08:24:03 <chriadam> Regarding the blog post, Jaymzz had the blog post ready to go, but it was decided at management level not to post it - not 100% sure of the reasons.  Jaymzz was going to post it on the forum, but not sure if that happened or not.  It would have included instructions on how to use it, but it's definitely not for the average user, I would say, as it requires manually installing some extra packages.
08:24:26 <chriadam> also, as it depends on some potentially-unstable software (sailfish-secrets) it cannot be considered fully supported by us at this point, I guess.
08:25:18 <Nico[m]> It would be nice to have the guide available to the more tech savvy and test happy of us! (I already am trying to use secrets in my app)
08:25:58 <gmc> I am using secrets in the nextcloud notes app :)
08:26:25 <Nico[m]> I think storeman uses it too already :D
08:26:34 <dcaliste> For the tech-savvy : https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/email-text-disappears-with-pgp-signature/1768/10
08:26:38 <piggz> is that the SQLcyper popul that appears?
08:26:52 <Nico[m]> piggz: yep
08:27:12 <Nico[m]> Thank you, dcaliste!
08:27:55 <dcaliste> Nico[m], it's about using the signature code in the email app. Not about how to use SailfishSecret API. Just to be clear ;)
08:28:20 <sledges> #info <Jolla> short howtos by dcaliste for the tech-savvy:
08:28:25 <sledges> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/email-text-disappears-with-pgp-signature/1768/10
08:28:44 <sledges> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/pgp-aliendalvik-bug-email-with-pgp-fairmail-et-al-not-possible/3149/7
08:28:48 <sledges> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/pgp-aliendalvik-bug-email-with-pgp-fairmail-et-al-not-possible/3149/9
08:28:58 <flypig> It'd be good to have that post in its own thread, to give it a bit more visibility.
08:29:19 <Nico[m]> dcaliste: Yeah, I thought as much. The secrets API is not bad and there are a lot of projects to look at for examples :3
08:29:28 <ApBBB> we need a how to section in the forums for stuff like that. Even if it potentially creates issues for the less tech savvy :/
08:29:49 <sledges> in wiki then?
08:30:07 <Nico[m]> We need a section for development how tos anyway
08:30:16 <thigg[m]> +1
08:31:06 <ApBBB> BTW peterleichen in the forum asked if this also supports encryption
08:31:06 <sledges> true, wiki is not publicly open for editing
08:31:13 <gmc> I do find the secrets api to be a bit low-level/verbose though, and ended up writing a wrapper for it .. the request/response paradigm is leaking to the higher levels.. but that's a different subject
08:31:16 <sledges> #info <peterleinchen> And as right now this 'only' supports signatures (and working very nicely, thanks @dcaliste), I would like know if/when encryption (MIME or Inline?) will also be part of this?
08:31:49 <Nico[m]> gmc, I totally agree. I think someone was asking for a review of the API?
08:31:53 <dcaliste> ApBBB, yes encryption is not implemented.
08:32:03 <ApBBB> ok :)
08:32:04 <sledges> #info <dcaliste> ApBBB, yes encryption is not implemented.
08:32:20 <dcaliste> I started to work on it at that time, but waited for the signature be finished and ready for end users for feedback on approach.
08:32:23 <chriadam> not a review of the API (which I think is fine, as is).  but the implementation needs review, especially the bookkeeping stuff in the daemon.  i.e. the crypto stuff.
08:32:36 <chriadam> sailfish-secrets, I am referring to ^
08:32:36 <dcaliste> So work is still pending for condition to be completed ;)
08:33:16 <Nico[m]> chriadam: I see, I can only comment on the API :3
08:33:46 <dcaliste> An other potential issue for encryption is not the implentation but the UI integration : I need an easyway to associate GnuPG keys with contacts, so public key of recipient can be used to encrypt.
08:34:27 <ApBBB> i suspect this has to be handled in the contact app
08:34:40 <Thaodan> dcaliste: yes that would be great and I think that is something that KDE-PIM is working on.
08:34:45 <ApBBB> a keys section or something
08:34:52 <dcaliste> If I can find time beside calendar work at the moment, I can restart working on the low level implementation for encryption.
08:34:54 <sledges> gmc: no update on secrets audit?:)
08:35:04 <Thaodan> Also there is https://autocrypt.org/index.html
08:35:07 <gmc> sledges: i sent out some feelers, but nothing concrete yet
08:35:18 <sledges> ok cool, fingers crosscompiled:)
08:35:44 <dcaliste> But Qt6 upgrade of QMF has to be in before all of this also for CI to work upstream.
08:35:47 <gmc> it's been autumn holidays over here, many people away from their emails :)
08:36:48 <sledges> time to move on
08:36:54 <sledges> #topic Headset media buttons don’t work with Android apps (5 min -- asked by sailr)
08:37:37 <sledges> sailr: we haven't had an opportunity to prepare an answer for you yet unfortunately, would need to move to next meeting, apologies!
08:38:11 <gmc> i've had something similar with native sailfish apps and linking to my car stereo.. no volume control or pause/skip controls
08:38:27 <flypig> Quick question from someone who doesn't use Android media players: do the Mpris controls work with them?
08:38:30 <sailr> Ok, it also doesn't work for media buttons in a car when you connect your phone
08:38:34 <sledges> gmc: that would be BT issue
08:40:38 <abranson> sailr: there is a workaround for that, setting up the bluez mpris-proxy to run as a background service
08:40:46 <ApBBB> there seem to be quite a few bt issues.
08:41:42 <sailr> abranson: thanks for the info, will update the thread
08:41:52 <sledges> #info <Jolla> we'll try to get an answer/solution during next meeting
08:41:55 <abranson> flypig: mpris works for android apps, but that's separate from the volume control
08:42:11 <abranson> there's an issue where volume controls don't work when android apps are in the foreground, i think
08:42:17 <sledges> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/community-meeting-on-irc-12th-nov-2020/3272/4
08:42:19 <flypig> Thanks abranson.
08:42:52 <sledges> #info <abranson> there is a workaround for that, setting up the bluez mpris-proxy to run as a background service
08:42:55 <abranson> sailr: https://together.jolla.com/question/174156/bug-bluetooth-media-control-with-android-apps-and-native-apps/
08:43:21 <sailr> Thanks
08:43:32 <sledges> #link https://together.jolla.com/question/174156/bug-bluetooth-media-control-with-android-apps-and-native-apps/?answer=190869#post-id-190869
08:43:38 <abranson> we did test whether we could make this standard, but there were a few problems with it, especially when flight mode was used.
08:44:12 <sledges> #info ^ it's hard to un-workaround that, especially when flight mode was used
08:44:20 <sledges> let's move to the next tpc
08:44:35 <piggz> sledges: propose "no data" mode keeps BT on
08:45:52 <Venemo> flypig, abranson never worked for me with spotify
08:46:11 <sledges> piggz: -EPARSEERROR :)
08:47:15 <abranson> he's suggesting that flight mode shouldn't affect bluetooth anymore, as it's not necessary to turn that off for flights anymore
08:47:39 <sledges> wlan switches off with flight mode, but can be turned back on
08:47:41 <abranson> flight mode should become 'no data' mode that just turns off the meatier radios
08:47:50 <piggz> yep
08:47:57 <abranson> i.e. wlan and mobile
08:48:03 <piggz> when an flight, i still use my bt headphones :)
08:48:24 <sledges> ^^ probably due to in-flight wifi ;)
08:48:36 <sailr> it seems that the iphone also keeps bluetooth connections while in flight mode
08:48:56 <abranson> yeah, but we're probably at the point where bt doesn't need to toggle at all
08:48:57 <sailr> https://support.apple.com/en-en/HT204234
08:49:02 <flypig> I thought with iPhone it was only for the Apple Watch, not everything? Maybe that changed.
08:49:03 <sledges> #info <piggz> suggestion to keep BT on during flight mode (iPhone does that)
08:49:06 <abranson> ah yes, apple seem to agree
08:49:47 <abranson> but even then the mpris proxy still doesn't cope with BT being turned off at all, and it probably should
08:50:02 <Nico[m]> Well, we still need a BT toggle, but I guess glight mode doesn't need to toggle it
08:50:24 <sledges> we've deciated from Android App Support side a great deal already:))
08:50:27 <piggz> abranson: so, thats a bug in mpris-proxy that needs fixed
08:50:29 <sledges> but good talk!
08:50:30 <sledges> moving on
08:50:35 <sledges> #topic Choosable from/alias when sending mails (10min -- asked by sailr)
08:50:35 <abranson> really it should also not be running unless it's needed, but then that needs sync between user and system services that's a pain
08:50:41 <sledges> #info <sailr> Nowadays it is common to have the option to choose out of different aliases of your account when sending an email.
08:51:01 <sledges> #info <sailr> Some people are missing this feature in sfos and would like to know if it can be implemented in the near future - One of several threads:
08:51:06 <sledges> #link https://together.jolla.com/question/165583/opportunity-to-choose-e-mail-identity-alias-as-from-when-editing-email/
08:52:28 <sledges> #info <Jolla> This isn't something that we currently have in the pipeline, but it's useful functionality and we'll look further into how this could be integrated into the UI. It would be good to have the topic moved from TJC to Sailfish OS Forum and we'd welcome your ideas about how it could work there.
08:53:15 <sailr> I was using win mobile before and when answering an email the receiving alias was automatically used as sender when you replied
08:53:28 <gmc> the email app is not open source, is it?
08:53:31 <sailr> Ok, I'll create a new thread
08:53:33 <ApBBB> nope
08:53:37 <ApBBB> not open
08:54:13 <sledges> sailr: that's a good example, please do and suggest that strategy
08:54:13 <flypig> qmf is though, and it would be good to know how it would fit into that.
08:54:26 <dcaliste> But the issue is also how to handle this in the lower levels. For instance I'm not sure if QMF has an API for aliases email addresses...
08:56:09 <flypig> Yes, there are at least three issues here: UI, settings integration, qmf integration. The UI isn't open, but the QML is available if anyone has suggestions for how to integrate there.
08:57:14 <sledges> #info additional ways to contrib: investigate the QMF framework's ability to handle aliases (if missing, implementation is just as heartly welcome)
08:58:39 <dcaliste> We can question also if we want to put this at QMF level. Maybe the right level can be in nemo-qml-plugin-email, because it's just aliases in account. I think QMF is better, but it should be well thought in advance before running to code.
08:59:01 <sledges> #info <dcaliste> We can question also if we want to put this at QMF level. Maybe the right level can be in nemo-qml-plugin-email, because it's just aliases in account. I think QMF is better, but it should be well thought in advance before running to code.
09:00:03 <flypig> Here's a link to nemo-qml-plugin-email in case anyone wants to dig there: https://git.sailfishos.org/mer-core/nemo-qml-plugin-email
09:00:49 <flypig> And QMF: https://git.sailfishos.org/mer-core/messagingframework
09:01:28 <sledges> #link https://git.sailfishos.org/mer-core/nemo-qml-plugin-email
09:01:31 <sledges> #link https://git.sailfishos.org/mer-core/messagingframework
09:02:20 <sledges> certainly the challenge will be to code of developer is UI-driven. could Glacier UI be used?
09:02:35 <sledges> s/of/if/
09:04:16 <dcaliste> Thanks and this is where the header is built : https://git.sailfishos.org/mer-core/nemo-qml-plugin-email/blob/master/src/emailmessage.cpp#L253
09:04:48 <flypig> Does Glacier have the functionality?
09:04:59 <sledges> has email app iirc, unsure about accounts integration
09:05:04 <sledges> i.e. in what state
09:05:17 <sledges> #info <dcaliste> Thanks and this is where the header is built:
09:05:18 <sledges> #link https://git.sailfishos.org/mer-core/nemo-qml-plugin-email/blob/35bf3e1e539c160271201c3fcd8906332dc80729/src/emailmessage.cpp#L253
09:05:24 <flypig> Nice link dcaliste.
09:06:15 <sledges> let's move along i reckon
09:06:16 <dcaliste> I think inquiry may start there, what we would like to put in the header, how to have it from UI, and how to send it to lower level.
09:06:17 <sledges> #topic General Discussion (20 min)
09:06:29 <dcaliste> That's a suggestion of course...
09:06:56 <flypig> I think there's a lot to look at there, and with a nice path, if someone wanted to.
09:07:25 <piggz> you know what would be handy .. now that networking is fixed in the sdk emulator ... if the browser worked
09:07:39 <piggz> for no other reason than id like to see the emulator browser work ;)
09:07:47 <ApBBB> piggz your keyboard mouse support. is it going to be upstreamed??
09:07:58 <Nico[m]> Does the browser in the emulator have the same issues as on the PinePhone?
09:08:02 <ApBBB> ehh included in the os
09:08:10 <piggz> Nico[m]: well.....
09:08:30 <Nico[m]> (i.e. mesa incompatible )
09:08:46 <thigg[m]> Is there already preferred solution to get rust apps working with qt?
09:08:47 <piggz> ApBBB: atm, its a hack to rotate the orientation ... just uses the normal qt plugins
09:08:48 <abranson> yeah I think so. the browser uses an external gl context, and that doesn't seem to work in mesa
09:09:24 <piggz> Nico[m]: shh, im attacking htis from the directino of the emulator ... not the pinephone, now my strategy is out!
09:09:28 <Nico[m]> If that could be fixed somehow, that would help in both cases, I guess :3
09:09:50 <Nico[m]> piggz: Oh, sorry :D
09:09:52 <abranson> yep. easier said than done though :D
09:10:10 <ApBBB> piggz  rotation asside you can just enable it in SFOS???
09:10:30 <piggz> ApBBB: pretty much, just add some plugins to the lipstcik invironment file
09:10:48 <piggz> evdevmouse and evdevkeyboard
09:10:52 <ApBBB> thanks
09:11:39 <sailr> Is it normal behaviour that audio volume when played via bluetooth differs from aux?
09:12:00 <sledges> jusa: ^
09:12:21 <jusa> sailr: yes
09:12:51 <ApBBB> this whole volume thing is quite annoying with my cars ICE
09:13:31 * sledges needs to check that with a non-sfos device if can find one
09:13:32 <ApBBB> and the fact that it doesn't show info on the screen (artist song etc)
09:13:57 <jusa> especially with a2dp, as a2dp has (by bt design) individual volume level from sailfish - best case scenario would be to have sailfish volume always maxed and attenuate from the headset/car kit/etc.. problem is, some bt devices don't have any volume control so we need to have one in sailfish as well
09:14:30 <ApBBB> i have it maxed when playing songs and its still too low
09:14:46 <ApBBB> and its fun when you don't connect to BT and the radio starts
09:14:51 <ApBBB> :P
09:15:13 <sledges> some ICEs differentiate those two:)
09:15:22 <jusa> ApBBB: I understand the pain.. I have seen that low volume as well, would need to take a look at that sometime
09:15:32 <sailr> yes, music volume played via aux seems a bit too low =)
09:18:16 <ApBBB> sledges i have to have the colume at 20 wit BT and at 5 with radio. i usually forget it and the rasio starts at 20
09:18:18 <ApBBB> :P
09:18:49 <sledges> ApBBB: means your head unit doesn't remember different vol settings for different sources
09:19:03 <sailr> ApBBB: doesn't it save the volume level in the car?
09:19:29 <ApBBB> i only use the mastrer volume
09:19:50 <ApBBB> dont think it has different settings for each
09:20:05 <sledges> time to upgrade;)
09:20:27 <ApBBB> it came with the car
09:20:38 <flypig> Excuse for a new car?
09:20:38 <ApBBB> 2020 model btw
09:20:44 <sledges> darn, this upgrade is getting more expensive:))
09:20:46 <ApBBB> it is new
09:20:55 <gmc> ApBBB: it's almost 2021, get with the times :)
09:20:59 <Nico[m]> Yeah, don't fix it in Sailfish, just buy a new car!
09:21:18 <sledges> Nico[m]: can happen with other sources too
09:21:36 <sailr> Just out of curiosity.. Does sfos support contact sync in cars?
09:21:58 <ApBBB> i see the contacts in the car
09:22:08 <ApBBB> so probably yes
09:22:19 <Nico[m]> Yes, it seems to
09:22:41 <Nico[m]> Confused me the first time I saw it :D
09:22:47 <sailr> nice :D
09:23:30 <sailr> Does sfos use mac address randomization for wifi? I could only find some outdated information on that topic
09:25:41 <sledges> it randomises MACs when sfos hw adaptation is wrong/early stages:) that yields an invalid MAC, so not an answer to your question:)
09:25:52 <abranson> sailr: not normally, unless there's a problem with the storage or reading it from the hw
09:25:56 <abranson> yes, that :)
09:26:12 <sledges> please turn your questions into topics for the next meeting...
09:26:15 <sledges> #topic Next meeting time and date (5 min)
09:26:30 <sledges> it's crunch time, so we should have the next meeting in 4 weeks
09:26:48 <sledges> just in time before winter holidays
09:27:03 <sledges> Proposing 10th December at 8am UTC
09:27:26 <Nico[m]> So Sailfish 4 in 4 weeks?
09:27:38 <flypig> Christmas party meeting
09:27:49 <Nico[m]> But yeah, that works for me
09:28:03 <thigg[m]> ill bring cookies
09:28:20 <chriadam> I will want a cookie
09:28:22 <chriadam> ;-)
09:28:29 <sledges> should be a browser setting
09:28:42 <sledges> (^ elon musk tweeted that recently)
09:29:08 <Nico[m]> I don't think Sailfish supports disabling cookies, so cookies for everyone!
09:29:19 <sledges> #info Next meeting will be held on Thursday 10th December 2020 at 8:00am UTC: 2020-12-10T08Z
09:29:59 <sledges> thanks all, and as always: no scheduled promises given ;)
09:30:08 <sledges> #endmeeting