08:00:53 <flypig> #startmeeting Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 3rd February 2022
08:00:53 <sailbot> Meeting started Thu Feb  3 08:00:53 2022 UTC. The chair is flypig. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
08:00:53 <sailbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
08:01:03 <flypig> #info Meeting information and agenda can be found here:
08:01:08 <flypig> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/community-meeting-on-irc-3rd-february-2022/10002
08:01:13 <flypig> Hello all.
08:01:21 <flypig> I am the meeting's chairperson today, and will be doing my best to keep time and order. Please respect the timings and keep your arms inside the vehicle.
08:01:35 <flypig> #topic Brief introduction (5 min). Please prefix your name/handle with #info
08:01:43 <flypig> #info David Llewellyn-Jones - sailor@jolla and today's chair
08:02:34 <abranson> #info Andrew Branson - sailor@Jolla
08:04:05 <pherjung> #info pherjung community
08:05:04 <sledges> #info Simonas Leleiva -- privateer for Jolla
08:05:16 <ViGe> #info Ville Nummela - sailor@Jolla
08:05:53 <jusa> #info Juho Hämäläinen - sailor@jolla
08:06:17 <dcaliste> #info Damien Caliste, community
08:07:19 <flypig> Thanks all for joining :) It's quite quiet today, I guess lots of people preparing for FOSDEM...
08:08:01 <flypig> We didn't get any community questions today, so I made one question myself.
08:08:09 <flypig> #topic Ideas for improving the community meetings (15 mins -- asked by flypig)
08:08:14 <flypig> #info <flypig> We're not planning any changes to the community meetings in the immediate future, but it's always good to get input.
08:08:22 <flypig> #info <flypig> Let's have some open-ended discussion: what would you change to make the meetings work better for you?
08:08:32 <flypig> #info <flypig> Feel free to continue the conversation as well on the forum.
08:08:37 <flypig> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/ideas-for-improving-the-community-meetings/10166
08:08:48 <flypig> #info <Jolla> No answer from Jolla, this is all about you.
08:08:58 <pherjung> For instance, why is the telegram bridge read-only?
08:09:47 <flypig> That's a good starting question, but I don't know the answer. Is that Thaodan's bridge?
08:10:15 <pherjung> I'm not sure, but I think yes. At least, last time there was an issue, he resolved it
08:10:37 <ViGe> I believe it is. It's not an official service (by Jolla), but just something he does on his free time.
08:10:59 <Thaodan> flypig: Yes its run by me
08:11:21 <Thaodan> #info Björn Bidar Sailor @ Jolla
08:11:26 <flypig> Well, first off, thanks for running it.
08:11:28 <flypig> Could it be made read/write, and if so, would that be a good thing?
08:12:00 <Thaodan> it is just not in this channel
08:12:32 <flypig> Was there a reason for that?
08:13:11 <Thaodan> since the meeting bot has issues with the bridge being one user on the IRC side, I'm not sure if it can recognize telegram users
08:14:03 <flypig> So, I guess it would lead to messy minutes?
08:14:34 <ViGe> I doubt that really matters. All the important stuff is anyway #infoed by the meeting chair.
08:15:26 <Thaodan> A normal user can do info or link to
08:15:52 <ViGe> Sure, but that doesn't really happen
08:16:09 <Thaodan> but I guess we can test.
08:16:11 <dcaliste> Except during introduction time.
08:16:19 <Thaodan> ^ exactly
08:16:38 <abranson> I think we can remove spurious messages from the minutes too
08:16:58 <flypig> We usually have people join in who don't add their details at the start anyway.
08:17:14 <Thaodan> There's also a link to webirc for joining the meeting in the telegram channel description
08:18:09 <Thaodan> I would just test it how good it works and then see
08:18:33 <abranson> it's a good meeting to test that, with no community questions
08:18:44 <pherjung> Just tried using the link and it doesn't work
08:18:45 <flypig> We can do it now?
08:20:23 <flypig> pherjung, doesn't work in what way?
08:20:34 <Thaodan> No the telegram side is read only because its a channel not a group
08:20:53 <Thaodan> Have to create a new group, add it to the bridge and test.
08:20:58 <flypig> Okay, so it would require some significant changes.
08:21:30 <flypig> In which case, could we trial a Telegram group for the next meeting?
08:21:37 <Thaodan> Not that significant but editing the bridge config and create a new channel
08:21:42 <Thaodan> sure
08:21:52 <flypig> Any objections from anyone?
08:22:07 <pherjung> I'm not sure if I understood correctly. On Telegram, there is this link (https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#sailfishos-meeting) and it doesn't work. Perhaps because it's freenode
08:22:14 <Thaodan> We can also do a test meeting.
08:22:41 <Thaodan> pherjung: Are you on the old channel?
08:22:49 <Thaodan> New one has oft as link
08:22:56 <Thaodan> "One-way connection, if you want to participate join on IRC at https://webchat.oftc.net/?channels=sailfishos-meeting"
08:23:11 <Thaodan> Invite link:
08:23:11 <Thaodan> https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAFcbasJX67Fu-aGxxQ
08:23:29 <ViGe-webchat> seems to work :)
08:23:33 <pherjung> oh, nice to know :)
08:25:21 <flypig> Thaodan, I'd be happy to do a test meeting with you. O/w we could run it at the next meeting, but without advertising the group.
08:26:04 <flypig> We actually hit time on this topic. But we got a good suggestion, thank you pherjung.
08:26:09 <Thaodan> A test meeting in between would be better I think since if it works we can switch the channels over again.
08:26:17 <flypig> Okay, let's do that.
08:26:45 <flypig> I'll make an action (exciting!)
08:26:59 <T42_> 08<unknown> #info foobar
08:27:00 <thilo[m]> #info thigg - community
08:27:16 <pherjung> I was on the right channel. It just the pinned message that point to the wrong link
08:27:27 <flypig> #action Thaodan to run a Telegram group test meeting.
08:27:58 <flypig> Alright, let's move to general discussion.
08:28:04 <T42_> 08<unknown> #link foobar.com
08:28:11 <flypig> #topic General discussion (20 min)
08:28:18 <Thaodan> lets see if that appears in the channel history
08:28:25 <Thaodan> eh meeting history
08:28:27 <flypig> We're not in a rush today, so can extend the time if there's lots of discussin.
08:28:51 <flypig> I'd guess the <unkonwn> prefix will throw it, but let's see.
08:29:25 <Thaodan> The unknown will go away when the telegram side is not a channel
08:29:53 <flypig> But will it prefix <handles> instead?
08:30:04 <Thaodan> Telegram Channels are ro except for the admin of it
08:30:06 <Thaodan> yes
08:30:18 <Thaodan> <T42_> <foobar>
08:31:21 <Thaodan> Usernames are an issue with telegram users since most don't  set them
08:32:48 <Aminda[m]> did you ever migrate from dead fruitiex/teleirc to either Matterbridge or the other teleirc? At least Matterbridge is working on fixing the unknown
08:33:07 <Thaodan> Matterbridge now
08:33:30 <Thaodan> *its Matterbridge now
08:35:14 <flypig> To tackle the prefix issue properly, probably requires changes to meetbot.
08:36:20 <flypig> In case there are any python devs out there who'd like a challenge.
08:36:38 <Thaodan> The issue is that the telegram users are not real users for the irc side.
08:38:06 <dcaliste> As general discussion, are you aware of this issue at Jolla : https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/incoming-voice-calls-dont-get-rejected-hangup-same-bug-via-the-ui-and-programmatically/10076?
08:38:25 <dcaliste> It makes rejected call, not rejected on first attempt.
08:38:37 <dcaliste> Condition to reproduce are not clear though.
08:38:46 <thilo[m]> Flypig: repo link and preferably an issue with the spec?
08:39:03 <flypig> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/incoming-voice-calls-dont-get-rejected-hangup-same-bug-via-the-ui-and-programmatically/10076
08:39:13 <dcaliste> I can reproduce from my work landline, but not from my home one for instance.
08:39:19 <flypig> thilo[m], sorry, could you clarify please?
08:39:48 <thilo[m]> For meetbot
08:39:59 <flypig> Ah, yes, thanks thilo[m].
08:40:11 <flypig> #link http://meetbot.debian.net/Manual.html#id11
08:40:22 <flypig> #undo
08:40:22 <sailbot> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.items.Link object at 0x7f8589a72ac8>
08:40:28 <flypig> #link http://meetbot.debian.net/Manual.html
08:40:37 <ExPLIT[m]> I have also one bug, which is difficult to reproduce. On XA2 Plus, since 4.3 after some time phone is hanging in the black screen and only green light is blinking. Only reset helps. I think it has something to do with CalDav/CardDav sync, but i am not sure...
08:40:39 <Thaodan> that's the old meetbot
08:41:00 <Thaodan> For the issue on the matterbridge side: https://github.com/42wim/matterbridge/issues/667
08:41:03 <Thaodan> #link https://github.com/42wim/matterbridge/issues/667
08:41:09 <flypig> I suppose this is the repo?
08:41:11 <flypig> #link https://github.com/emonty/meetbot
08:42:17 <dcaliste> ExPLIT[m], can you setup persistant journal and look at the journal log of last boot when it's happening ? Maybe post on the forum the relevant part of the log ?
08:42:53 <ExPLIT[m]> dcaliste: Thanks, will do that
08:43:03 <flypig> dcaliste, thanks for flagging that call rejection bug. I'm checking if we have a bug about it.
08:44:02 <dcaliste> ExPLIT[m] : https://www.golinuxcloud.com/enable-persistent-logging-in-systemd-journald/ for persistent journal.
08:44:10 <dcaliste> Thank you flypig.
08:44:44 <dcaliste> I'm looking a bit into it, gathering Ofono logs for failing or successful rejection, to see what are the differences.
08:44:56 <Thaodan> Meetbot uses supybot which is dead.
08:45:25 <Thaodan> There's a replacement for that https://pypi.org/project/hcoop-meetbot/
08:45:52 <Thaodan> Supybot has been replaced by https://github.com/ProgVal/Limnoria
08:46:17 <pherjung> When a bug report is published by the community. What is the process on your side? Do you reproduce it and once it's a real bug you create an issue on your bugtracker? If it's so, couldn't be possible to add for instance a tag "tracked" on the reported issue by the community?
08:46:44 <thilo[m]> Pherjung: +1
08:48:09 <flypig> We had something similar on TJC, it would be good to do that, I agree.
08:48:29 <ViGe> pherjung: The official process is that if it's a real issue we will create a bug and comment on the forum, stating that an internal bug has been filed
08:49:00 <ViGe> pherjung: So, if you don't see such a comment, you can pretty much assume internal bug hasn't been filed
08:50:15 <flypig> I'd add, if a bug hasn't been filed, raising it here at the meeting like dcaliste did is a good way to increase visibility.
08:50:38 <ViGe> the "tracked" thing wasn't just a tag in TJC, it had additional functionality as well. But I also think just having a "tracked" tag on the forum would be an improvement, even without the additional functionality.
08:51:04 <flypig> We're bumping up against our time allocation. More time, or move on?
08:52:02 <flypig> Okay, we move on then.
08:52:05 <flypig> #topic Next meeting time and date (5 min)
08:52:11 <flypig> Proposing Thursday 17th February at 08:00am UTC
08:52:39 <flypig> 17th sound okay?
08:53:12 <ExTechOp> OK
08:53:32 <flypig> Okay, silence from everyone else implies acceptance :)
08:53:40 <flypig> #info Next meeting will be held on Thursday 17th February 2022 at 08:00am UTC:  2022-02-17T0800Z
08:54:05 <flypig> That's it for today. Thanks everyone for the nice suggestions and discussion.
08:54:11 <flypig> #endmeeting