07:00:29 <flypig> #startmeeting Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 26th May 2022
07:00:29 <sailbot> Meeting started Thu May 26 07:00:29 2022 UTC. The chair is flypig. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
07:00:29 <sailbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
07:00:33 <piggz> morning, youve got me for 30 mins or so :)
07:00:37 <gogeta_> hi
07:00:40 <flypig> #info Meeting information and agenda can be found here:
07:00:43 <flypig> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/community-meeting-on-irc-26th-may-2022/11458
07:00:50 <flypig> I am the meeting's chairperson today, and will be doing my best to keep time and order. Please respect the timings and no thinking in the hallways.
07:00:56 <flypig> #topic Brief introduction (5 min). Please prefix your name/handle with #info
07:01:14 <flypig> It's great we have you for a big piggz, and great to have everyone else here too!
07:01:33 <flypig> #info David Llewellyn-Jones - sailor @ jolla
07:01:39 <nephros> #info nephros, - Community bilge rat externimator
07:01:44 <gogeta_> Fabio Isgrò aka @dr_gogeta86 - enthusiast
07:01:52 <piggz> #info piggz community porter/dev
07:01:54 <lbt> #info David Greaves - sailor and infra guy
07:02:00 <fridl> #info fridlmue - community
07:02:10 <attah> #info attah - community, killer of trees
07:02:34 <flypig> Some impressive titles today :)
07:03:31 <flypig> gogeta_, would you mind giving your details again, but prefix with #info so they're recorded in the minutes please?
07:03:48 <flypig> Unless you specifically prefer them not to be recorded there.
07:04:07 <gogeta_> #info Fabio Isgrò aka @dr_gogeta86 - enthusiast
07:04:08 <Thaodan> #info Björn Bidar - Sailor @ Jolla
07:04:21 <pherjung> #info pherjung, community
07:04:21 <flypig> Perfect, thank you gogeta_.
07:04:56 <gogeta_> flypig, usualy I can't get in this meetings anymore :-D ... since ages
07:05:12 <flypig> It's good to have you here then gogeta_!
07:05:29 <flypig> We have a full house today; great :) But we also have a lot to get through, so we should get started with the topics.
07:05:39 <flypig> #topic Bug roundup (10 minutes -- asked by pherjung)
07:05:44 <flypig> #info <pherjung> A summary of the amazing bug-herding work of the Community Bug Coordination team over the last fortnight.
07:06:00 <flypig> #info <Jolla> With thanks again to the amazing work of the Community Bug Coordination Team. These have been tagged as "tracked" (some just missing the tag; most have new internal bug reports):
07:06:10 <flypig> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/selection-text-in-stock-browser-on-xa2-sailfish-4-0-1-45/4674
07:06:13 <flypig> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/qml-mediaplayer-playbackrate-not-wired-up-correctly/6165
07:06:17 <flypig> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/unable-to-use-virtual-keyboard-in-citrix-workspace-android/7008
07:06:20 <flypig> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/qml-label-dispays-images-with-a-blue-ish-tint/8818
07:06:23 <flypig> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/camera-just-closing-without-any-notifications-if-no-free-space/10864
07:06:25 <flypig> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/loss-of-static-ip-configuration-in-wifi-setting/10937
07:06:29 <flypig> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/shift-and-control-keys-dont-work-on-bluetooth-keyboard-when-on-android/1669
07:06:32 <flypig> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/email-sort-status-reverts-to-time/8786
07:06:35 <flypig> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/unknown-audio-sink-device-usbaudio/11420
07:06:38 <flypig> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/call-history-of-a-contact-shows-wrong-attributes/8916
07:06:43 <flypig> #info <Jolla> These have been tagged as "fixed":
07:06:47 <flypig> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/index-for-media-files-documents-not-updating-xperia10-ii-4-1-0-23/6328
07:06:49 <flypig> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/wrong-service-provider-settings-for-fello-sweden/11329
07:06:52 <flypig> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/wifi-login-via-captive-portal-fails-deutsche-bahn/10147
07:06:54 <flypig> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/error-in-documentation-for-dbus-api/10313
07:06:57 <flypig> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/cannot-proceed-ikea-free-wifi-agreement-page-captive-portal/10417
07:07:00 <flypig> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/4-4-ea-captive-portal-is-now-broken/10732
07:07:03 <flypig> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/missed-call-led-notification-only-shown-once/9908
07:07:09 <flypig> #info <Jolla> The team are also creating a page in the official docs to detail the process. Through the team's work there are seven bugs now marked as fixed and a further nine internal bug reports lodged.
07:07:15 <flypig> #info <Jolla> Great work and thank you again.
07:07:17 <flypig> Phew!
07:07:30 <piggz> that amazing work
07:07:51 <attah> definitely!
07:07:54 <flypig> Agreed, a really good job again.
07:08:11 <fridl> Yeah, it is very good to see the Forums Bug category get some love. Thanks to the Teams on both side!
07:09:00 <flypig> Would you like to add anything nephros?
07:09:16 <flypig> Otherwise, I think we can move on.
07:09:30 <nephros> not at the moment, feel free to move on.
07:09:59 <flypig> Okay, great. Let's move on, and look forward to more bug handling next week.
07:10:02 <flypig> #topic OBS statistics (10 minutes -- asked by flypig)
07:10:06 <flypig> #info <flypig> We had a couple of actions from the last meeting. lbt and piggz offered to collect Community OBS stats and share them here.
07:10:14 <lbt> Yes
07:10:34 <flypig> Here's the prepared answer. Maybe you could add something after lbt.
07:10:47 <flypig> (in case I got something wrong)
07:10:47 <flypig> #info <Jolla> Since lbt had a busy fortnight he wasn't able to collect anything yet, but we did get some solid details from piggz, olf and nephros:-
07:10:56 <flypig> #info <Jolla> Chum contains 216 packages build for 10 releases over 3 architectures.
07:10:59 <flypig> #info <Jolla> The aarch64 repository contains 622 unique packages.
07:11:03 <flypig> #info <Jolla> 62 github repos have been created for abandoned apps and linux tools.
07:11:07 <flypig> #info <Jolla> The nemo:devl:hw project contains 102 device ports (of varying degrees of activity).
07:11:11 <flypig> #info <Jolla> Chum is used for several "critical" Sailfish packages, such as Storeman.
07:11:16 <flypig> #info <Jolla> There's much more detail on olf's nice summary.
07:11:24 <flypig> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/community-meeting-on-irc-26th-may-2022/11458/13
07:11:43 <flypig> That's the prepared answer, but we have several interested parties here, so feel free to elaborate.
07:12:05 <piggz> stats have increased to 222 packages since that was written
07:12:17 <flypig> That's unhelpful ;)
07:12:35 <flypig> #info <piggz> stats have increased to 222 packages since that was written
07:12:42 <lbt> (I just wanted to apologise for not getting to look at the logs - I simply have not had time recently)
07:12:42 <piggz> so, the question still is, what is the futue of OBS :)
07:13:19 <Thaodan> I think no answers are good answers.
07:13:42 <lbt> haha - very true Thaodan
07:14:18 <fridl> Just wrt OBS: Thanks for getting targets there relatively fast!
07:14:23 <Thaodan> I've gotten repositories for my sony-kumano and sony-edo ports. Those will go to the obs in a day or too. I was busy documenting everything and getting a working changelog generator.
07:14:51 <flypig> Will that be the extra 2 ports that olf mentions in his post Thaodan?
07:15:15 <piggz> im busy creating qx1050 and volla22 repos
07:15:31 <piggz> so no, theyre 2 more
07:15:40 <sledges> #info Simonas Leleiva late for the party with apologies:)
07:15:53 <flypig> Greetings sledges, nice to have you here :)
07:16:00 <Thaodan> flypig: That could be. I will also add Sagami (Xperia 1 III) ports however that will take some time as it is based on A12.
07:16:27 <flypig> It sounds like a flow of ports going in.
07:16:29 <Thaodan> If anyone is interested in porting highend Sony's feel free to join mme.
07:16:32 <Thaodan> *me
07:16:55 <attah> That's very cool :)
07:17:14 <gogeta_> @Thaodan ... here in italy is pretty tough aquire one ... even on second hand market ... and for job related ... i need appsupport®
07:17:27 <piggz> re no news is good news, if there wasa statement that said "we have no plans to decomission obs", then it might be better than the current status of, "it could go at any time after may 2022" ;)
07:18:06 <Thaodan> gogeta_: Well the ports are almost 95% close to jolla ports, if AAS for ports will arrive you can just install it.
07:18:57 <piggz> Thaodan: side topic, would you like to try the new way of porting, using halium? only 2 device packages needed ;)
07:19:16 <flypig> piggz, it's understandable that the uncertainty is unhelpful. Can I add your point to the minutes?
07:19:24 <piggz> flypig: sure
07:19:40 <piggz> anything to move forward a little
07:19:54 <flypig> #info <piggz> re no news is good news, if there wasa statement that said "we have no plans to decomission obs", then it might be better than the current status of, "it could go at any time after may 2022" ;)
07:19:57 <Thaodan> piggz: maybe, I've been busy fixing kernel bugs on edo thou.. If any one as xp with cnns2, mhi or pci feel free to ping me.
07:21:18 <piggz> flypig: is all the info/data on OBS being fed back to "the decision makers" ?
07:22:44 <flypig> piggz, there are always discussions happening, and we'll do our best to bring these stats into the discussion.
07:23:32 <flypig> Alright, thanks for the nice stats, and also especially all the work that goes into what's behind those stats. We hit time, so if there are no objections, we should move to the next topic.
07:23:39 <Thaodan> To me flypigs anwer sounds like a yes.
07:24:10 <flypig> :)
07:24:13 <Thaodan> Is there any point that we should go into specific detail?
07:24:15 <nephros> In case the decision is made to decommission OBS, would it be feasible for the community to host an OBS instance somewhere? Or are there Jolla-specific customizations to the platform?
07:24:29 <Thaodan> E.g. I think olfs post had some good points.
07:24:33 <piggz> i think there are jolla customisations
07:25:00 <piggz> Thaodan: id like to second that, olf's way of articulating it was nice to read
07:25:10 <flypig> 5 more mins on this while the discussion is ongoing.
07:25:23 <lbt> yes, there are cusomisations
07:25:34 <Thaodan> He is good with that, he was working in one of the Germany communities with me.
07:26:23 <piggz> im going afk for 30 mins v shortly, so hopefully ill catch some of rinigus topic
07:26:51 <nephros> lbt: things that *might* be shared with or replicated in such a community OBS project?
07:27:30 <nephros> technically I mean, not asking for commitment here.
07:27:39 <piggz> change of plan, not going afk now :)
07:28:18 <lbt> nephros: at the minute that's not possible. It's worth revisiting if the OBS is shutdown but it's a complex issue
07:28:40 <nephros> I see, thank you.
07:29:06 <lbt> I'd spend more time if I felt there was a higher risk of it being needed
07:29:20 <flypig> 1 more minute on this for any final comments. Does anyone what anything added to the minutes?
07:30:01 <nephros> not here.
07:30:17 <piggz> lbt: i'll tke that as a +ve
07:30:17 <flypig> Okay, time to move on to the next topic then :)
07:30:31 <flypig> #topic Open sourcing VoLTE implementation (10 minutes -- asked by rinigus)
07:30:40 <flypig> #info <rinigus> VoLTE support packages - modem_auto_config and ofono-vendor-qti-radio-plugin - have proprietary license.
07:30:49 <flypig> #info <rinigus> Does Jolla plan to release the code? If you do, please be specific with the time frame, as we have heard about many plans for open sourcing, but none of them worked out.
07:30:57 <flypig> #info <rinigus> So, without specific time frame, you may as well reply as "no, we don't have any plans and would keep it closed source".
07:31:05 <flypig> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/beta-volte-on-the-xperia-10-iii-disabled-by-default/11492/37
07:31:19 <flypig> I'm afraid we have a very long prepared reply on this. Apologies in advance.
07:31:31 <flypig> #info <Jolla> As I hope we've been clear about, the VoLTE packages are beta and so still being worked on.
07:31:40 <flypig> #info <Jolla> There are questions remaining about whether we'll be able to open source the entire stack; the question depends in part on where the boundary between device-specific and generic functionality lies.
07:31:52 <flypig> #info <Jolla> This is an architectural question, but because the implementation is still in flux, it's not one we can answer today, nor can we put a timeframe on it.
07:32:01 <flypig> #info <Jolla> We'll go into a bit more detail, because there are different community members with different needs interested in this.
07:32:09 <flypig> #info <Jolla> The VoLTE stack is made up of multiple components. This is the current status of these components, starting from the levels closest to the metal and moving upwards towards the UI.
07:32:17 <flypig> #info <Jolla> 1. Hardware adaptation: Sony proprietary, we don't know of any plans for it to be made open source.
07:32:35 <flypig> #info <Jolla> 2. modem_auto_config: currently closed source, Jolla proprietary.
07:32:41 <flypig> #info <Jolla> 3. ofono-vendor-qti-radio-plugin: currently closed source, Jolla proprietary.
07:32:46 <flypig> #info <Jolla> 4. ofono-modem-switcher: currently closed source, Jolla proprietary, Xpeia 10 II only.
07:32:53 <flypig> #info <Jolla> 5. libgbinder-radio: open source
07:32:56 <flypig> #link https://github.com/mer-hybris/libgbinder-radio/
07:33:00 <flypig> #info <Jolla> 6. ofono-binder-plugin: open source
07:33:03 <flypig> #link https://github.com/mer-hybris/ofono-binder-plugin
07:33:06 <flypig> #info <Jolla> 7. ofono: open source
07:33:09 <flypig> #link https://github.com/sailfishos/ofono/
07:33:12 <flypig> #info <Jolla> 8. libqofono: open source
07:33:15 <flypig> #link https://github.com/sailfishos/libqofono
07:33:36 <flypig> #info <Jolla> Currently 2, 3 and 4 are closed source. These are the pieces that are likely to be device-specific, or have elements that are device-specific. These will be released in binary form to the hw:common repositories for use by porters.
07:33:43 <flypig> #info <Jolla> Whether these will be made open source is not yet known. Because of the early stage things are at, it still depends on many factors.
07:33:49 <flypig> #info <Jolla> It's worth reiterating that different devices are likely to require different implementations of some of these components.
07:33:58 <flypig> #info <Jolla> Finally, slava has made available an ofono-binder-plugin-ext-sample, aimed at helping developers create ofono-binder-plugin extensions for different hardware.
07:34:05 <flypig> #info <Jolla> However we very strongly urge porters to be patient and await the release of 2, 3 and 4 to hw:common before developing any alternative implementations.
07:34:10 <flypig> #info <Jolla> The timescale for the release of 2, 3 and 4 to hw:common will be after the release of VoLTE for the Xperia 10 II.
07:34:18 <flypig> #info <Jolla> All of this is subject to change.
07:34:20 <flypig> #link https://github.com/monich/ofono-binder-plugin-ext-sample
07:34:24 <Thaodan> It is good no apologies needed.
07:34:46 <flypig> That's the prepared answer. Thanks Thaodan :)
07:35:21 <Thaodan> Point 1 is Qti proprietary, there's only one blob there that is sony specific the modem switcher
07:35:46 <Thaodan> But that is only is used for pre 2021 devices like Xperia 10 II and Xperia 1
07:36:34 <attah> One thing that irks the logical side of me a bit is "they are somewhat specific, and therefore opening is less useful"... wouldn't that mean they gain more from being open, since just the binaries might not do?
07:37:14 <attah> Or am i getting that wrong?
07:37:38 <flypig> attah, that wasn't really the intended logic. It's more about them being in flux, and separately that the decision hasn't been made.
07:37:59 <piggz> I guess its 2 and 3 that are most benefit to being open sourced? ..... is there not a benefit to being open-source-first? are they closed to leverage some advantage or just becuase you feel they are not ready yet?
07:39:23 <attah> Trying to sell a company might be helped by having some assets... (at least by conventional logic)
07:40:11 <attah> Not convinced that is a good path, but none the less
07:44:08 <flypig> piggz, I can't answer any further about the reasons I'm afraid.
07:44:35 <flypig> Because I don't have more info than I've provided.
07:44:45 <piggz> ok
07:46:17 <Thaodan> Correction for point 4. ofono-modem-switcher is yet so far only used for the Xperia 10 II.
07:46:29 <flypig> Thanks for clarifying that Thaodan.
07:46:35 <Thaodan> #info Correction for point 4. ofono-modem-switcher is yet so far only used for the Xperia 10 II.
07:46:38 <Thaodan> Added to the log.
07:46:48 <flypig> Yes, should be, thanks.
07:46:53 <flypig> We should wrap up on this topic in 2 mins. Any further points, or anything anyone wants added to the minutes?
07:47:56 <Thaodan> Personally as a dev I prefer open source first but for companies these things are not always clear at first, sometimes decisions are made that are hard to understand outside of the company.
07:49:03 <flypig> Okay, let's move on to the next topic.
07:49:07 <flypig> #topic The future (15 minutes -- asked by attah)
07:49:13 <flypig> #info <attah> How is the ownership situation progressing?
07:49:19 <flypig> #info <attah> I think i speak for the entire community when i say that i hope it gets a speedy resolution with stable and interested ownership.
07:49:28 <flypig> #info <attah> Similarly; is there anything you can share on the "engineering effort" that started recently?
07:49:39 <flypig> Here's our prepared answer.
07:49:44 <flypig> #info <Jolla> So far the Rostelecom representatives have resigned from the Board of directors. In addition the share arrangement discussions are at an advanced stage, the solution may be found even with domestic forces.
07:49:49 <flypig> #info <Jolla> We will provide more information as soon as we can.
07:50:03 <flypig> Much shorter :) Would you like to add anything attah?
07:50:22 <attah> That's very nice to hear!
07:50:45 <pherjung> I have to go. See you later
07:51:05 <attah> It would be so sad if it didn't work out now that the market is finally starting to look like it might be ready for a better OS
07:52:20 <attah> No specific comment about the engineering? Could/would it benefit the community, or could we even help in some small way?
07:52:43 <flypig> Thanks for asking attah (and it was nice to hear your positive wishes too).
07:52:44 <gogeta_> better OS ... but reliant on very bad hw ... VoLTE is an example ... and i dunno if VoWifi is supported
07:53:35 <attah> I very much doubt Jolla wants to be contingent on Android-first hardware, but they do a pretty amazing job with what they have to work with
07:54:08 <flypig> attah, I would say there are always ways the community can help: coding on the open source components, translations, bug herding, answering questions in the forum, reporting issues, documentation...
07:54:36 <flypig> There are already amazing contributions in all these areas.
07:55:38 <attah> Of course :) i was thinking if the specific predicament would be helped by something more narrow - but i guess you couldn't say
07:56:13 <Nico> Did you ever think about applying for EU funding or so? Since having a EU based OS should be in their interest?
07:56:51 <flypig> attah, yeah, I can appreciate it would be good to have something specific, but my personal opinion is that doing more of the same is already helpful.
07:58:33 <flypig> Nico, were you thinking of any particular funding stream?
07:59:16 <Nico> No, I was just thinking that there should be one with how much the EU touts their digital market atm :D
07:59:23 <attah> :) I'll keep on polishing SeaPrint... and maybe it is time for another project soon (let's maybe revisit sharing slightly at the end)
07:59:58 <Nico> I know that there are lots of small funds to develop open-source projects, but I have never looked outside my bubble yet :D
08:00:08 <attah> Bleh, it's mostly posturing... thy can't even come up with rules to make digital ID accessible
08:00:39 <Nico> Fair
08:00:58 <attah> nlnet seems to be doing lots of project-oriented grants... open VoLTE could surely have been such a thing
08:01:16 <Nico> Yep, I was thinking along those lines
08:01:34 <Nico> (Partially out of the open source interest of course ;p)
08:01:44 <flypig> Could you elaborate on nlnet?
08:02:22 <attah> Barely... it is a foundation, out of NL presumably, that funds open-source initiatives
08:02:31 <flypig> Do you have a link?
08:02:41 <attah> https://nlnet.nl/
08:03:01 <flypig> #info attah [nlnet] is a foundation, out of NL presumably, that funds open-source initiatives
08:03:04 <flypig> Thanks!
08:03:23 <piggz> *cough* the volte part is closed though :D
08:03:37 <flypig> We have just 2 more mins on this topic. Anything to add to the minutes?
08:04:07 <gogeta_> If this is general ... any plan to include pipewire ?
08:04:09 <Nico> I think there are a few other funds like that, but I can't remember what they were atm
08:04:32 <attah> I think i'm good
08:04:34 <flypig> gogeta_, we're not quite on general yet, but very soon.
08:05:02 <flypig> Okay, if you discover funds in the future, it's always good to mention them here. Let's go to the General topic now.
08:05:04 <flypig> #topic General discussion (15 min)
08:05:54 <piggz> flypig: revisiting volte quickly .... current binaries are 64bit ... would 32bit versions be available at some point for ports/older devices?
08:05:59 <nephros> gogeta_: Some discussion on pipewire here: https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/pipewire-replacing-pulseaudio/6196/20
08:06:25 <fridl> As Thaodan mentioned "Standalone" AAS for Ports. Is this still a topic under active consideration at Jolla?
08:06:32 <flypig> Ah, piggz, that's an interesting question. I don't know I'm afraid.
08:07:12 <attah> How big overlap between VoLTE capable and 32 bit do we have?
08:07:22 <piggz> pro1 :)
08:07:42 <attah> :)
08:07:58 <attah> Re: PipeWire... i'd just be happy with PulseAudio 15
08:08:37 <fridl> PulseAudio 15 would be great for Sony gear, indeed!
08:08:39 <Nico> Does the Xperia X not support VoLTE in theory?
08:08:44 <Nico> I guess I never checked
08:09:22 <Thaodan> Does it has than in stock?
08:09:37 <Nico> No
08:09:41 <flypig> fridl, regarding AAS, I'd need to check about that. Feel free to submit a question for a future meeting.
08:09:41 <gogeta_> Xperia X not in custom rom ...
08:09:46 <Thaodan> Then I guess not.
08:09:48 <Nico> Well, Sony has a list and that does not have the X
08:09:54 <Nico> But the XA2 and such
08:10:00 <Nico> https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/SX669701
08:10:07 <fridl> flypig: ok
08:10:48 <Nico> Ah, the X compact is listed as VoLTE capable here: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/SX589301
08:10:52 <flypig> Nico, that link will go in the minute. Could you give it some context (a one line-description)
08:10:56 <flypig> *minutes
08:11:19 <attah> I was also wondering if anyone had some ideas for how app should share temporary files with each other... (now that /tmp is instantiated for each app in SailJail if i understood correctly)
08:11:34 <Nico> It is a description of how to enable VoLTE on Android on specific sony devices with a list of what devices it applies to
08:11:52 <attah> Could be that i'm going about that wrong and there is a better solution...
08:12:20 <Thaodan> It is also worth to check if maintaining compatibility with such an old kernel is an option.
08:12:21 <Nico> I guess since my dad still uses the X compact and likely will for years, I need to figure out a solution for that :D
08:12:23 <flypig> #info <Nico> [this link] is a description of how to enable VoLTE on Android on specific sony devices with a list of what devices it applies to
08:12:35 <flypig> #link https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/SX669701
08:12:47 <flypig> Thanks Nico.
08:13:14 <Nico> You might want to add the second link, since that lists more devices, but it is also linked from the first one, I guess
08:13:22 <gogeta_> the worst part ... operator keep a kind of white/blacklist
08:13:33 * Nico shivers
08:13:48 <Thaodan> Some do that.
08:13:55 <Thaodan> Eg. O2 Germany did that I think.
08:14:07 <flypig> Nico, the links are the same I think.
08:14:14 <Thaodan> But really old modem firmware and kernels are the biggest issue..
08:14:29 <flypig> Ah, no, sorry, my mistake.
08:14:37 <Nico> flypig, No, one is for an older android version, so it has a different list of devices
08:15:14 <nephros> attah: about sharing files: I am not one to fancy XDG stuff, but maybe there is use for ~/Public after all?
08:15:21 <flypig> #info And similar info for older devices.
08:15:22 <flypig> #link https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/SX589301
08:15:28 <Nico> Ty <3
08:16:16 <Nico> Thaodan, I guess the X compact already is partially community port, maybe I should convert to a full one for newer firmware or stuff
08:16:18 <attah> nephros: Maybe... but i kind of want/need the property of /tmp that i don't necessarily need to clean up after (because what end would be responsible?)
08:16:38 <Nico> I still have a few of those devices after all with Sailfish :D
08:16:48 <Thaodan> Nico: That would help. Feel free to start that, I can help you.
08:17:05 <nephros> attah: alternatively, in patchmanager we use a general whitelist file in /etc/firejail for stuff in /tmp
08:17:19 <flypig> 3 more mins until we wrap up the topic.
08:17:22 <Nico> Well, it probably won't happen in the next few months. Busy with mentoring GSoC and like 20 other projects :D
08:17:44 <Nico> And afaik there was one community port for it before
08:17:53 <nephros> https://github.com/sailfishos-patches/patchmanager/blob/master/rpm/patchmanager.spec#L169
08:18:18 <attah> nephros: The reason i'm asking is for Harbour... otherwise i could just wing it
08:18:39 <flypig> #info <nephros> [concerning sharing] in patchmanager we use a general whitelist file in /etc/firejail for stuff in /tmp
08:19:00 <attah> or did i misunderstand?
08:19:24 <flypig> Do you want 5 more mins? Anything to add to the minutes?
08:19:31 <nephros> well I doubt mangling things in /etc is going to fly with harbour...
08:20:45 <flypig> Alright, time is up on the discussion.
08:20:59 <flypig> Thanks all for keeping it lively and clean :)
08:21:00 <flypig> #topic Next meeting time and date (5 min)
08:21:04 <flypig> Proposing Thursday 9th June at 07:00am UTC
08:21:13 <flypig> Any objections or concerns with that?
08:22:22 <flypig> Silence is good :) Okay, let's go with that date and time then.
08:22:29 <flypig> #info Next meeting will be held on Thursday 9th June 2022 at 07:00am UTC:  2022-06-09T0700Z
08:22:49 <flypig> Thanks all for the interesting discussion today!
08:22:55 <gogeta_> thank you to all
08:23:02 <flypig> #endmeeting