08:00:10 <ViGe> #startmeeting Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 9th March 2023
08:00:10 <sailbot> Meeting started Thu Mar  9 08:00:10 2023 UTC. The chair is ViGe. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
08:00:10 <sailbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
08:00:17 <ViGe> #info Meeting information and agenda can be found here:
08:00:20 <ViGe> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/community-meeting-on-irc-9th-march-2023/14658
08:00:28 <ViGe> I am the meeting's chairperson today, and will be doing my best to keep time and order. Please respect the timings and bee-hive.
08:00:42 <ViGe> #topic Brief introduction (5 min). Please prefix your name/handle with #info
08:01:08 <ViGe> #info Ville Nummela, sailor@Jolla, also the chairperson today
08:01:17 <pherjung[m]> #info pherjung, community
08:01:38 <rainemak> #info Raine Mäkeläinen, sailor@Jolla
08:02:19 <ViGe> hi pherjung, nice to see you. I was wondering if anyone will show up as we didn't have any topics for today, except for the recurring ones
08:02:34 <pherjung[m]> :)
08:02:58 <rainemak> hi pherjung[m] nice to see you as well
08:03:08 <pherjung[m]> there is always something to talk about
08:03:41 <Thaodan> #info Björn Bidar, sailor @ Jolla
08:04:01 <dcaliste> #info dcaliste, community
08:05:36 <ViGe> So 3-2 for the sailors
08:05:42 <ViGe> We didn't have any questions sent in on the forum on time, so let's start with the bug reports:
08:05:46 <ViGe> #topic Untracked bug reports (5 min -- asked by Community Bug Coordination Team)
08:05:52 <ViGe> #info Our regular Community Bug Coordination Team update - see the forum for the links to actual bug reports
08:05:59 <ViGe> #info <Jolla> As a result of the work of the bug team, we now have an additional:
08:06:04 <ViGe> #info <Jolla> 10 high quality bug reports now recorded internally and tagged as "tracked" and
08:06:10 <ViGe> #info <Jolla> 1 bug report closed.
08:06:17 <ViGe> #info <Jolla> Thank you also to everyone who has reported issues.
08:08:05 <pherjung[m]> There are still about +900 untracked bug reports and many are duplicate, already fixed or even wrong.
08:09:10 <ViGe> plenty of work left. And there's always more bug reports coming in. But your work is really appreciated!
08:09:57 <pherjung[m]> Since there is a 10-bug limit, I prefer to give priority to real bugs. But a lot of bugs could be closed easily
08:10:24 <ViGe> #topic Open PR discussion (5 mins -- asked by jolla)
08:10:25 <pherjung[m]> For instance, this one https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/14997
08:10:31 <ViGe> #info <jolla> Any open PRs to discuss?
08:12:30 <rainemak> pherjung[m], that's a valid and known. I didn't had time yesterday to mark it as tracked.
08:12:31 <ViGe> pherjung[m]: I think that 10-bug limit really applies to "real bugs" only, as those are the ones that I have to do some work about.
08:13:06 <pherjung[m]> pherjung[m]: This one is definitely a duplicate
08:13:25 <dcaliste> pherjung[m], would it be a large work from your side to give a complete list of duplicates or already fixed so they could be marked automatically ?
08:13:52 <rainemak> pherjung[m], https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/on-android-keyboard-remains-displayed-when-an-alarm-sounds/7522 this was the previous one
08:14:21 <pherjung[m]> dcaliste: I already do a triage which bug should be closed or is a duplicate of one
08:14:41 <pherjung[m]> but as I'm not a dev, I may sometimes do some errors
08:15:06 <pherjung[m]> I aim to ease the work of Jolla
08:15:20 <dcaliste> So ViGe, what is blocking to automatically close them ? If there are (some) errors, one can still reopen the faulty ones.
08:15:21 <ViGe> Everyone can make mistakes. Reopening a bug report is easy.
08:15:25 <pherjung[m]> because if a real bug is closed, it can be problematic
08:15:36 <rainemak> pherjung[m], no worries there. Also it's not big deal to keep two or more issues open if you're not sure whether they are duplicates or not
08:16:14 <pherjung[m]> I usually try to be sure and I took the habit to ask the other members if I'm not sure
08:16:17 <ViGe> dcaliste: We don't have any mechanism for automatically closing anything. It's still manual work even if we have a list.
08:16:29 <rainemak> pherjung[m], what I find important is traceability between issues ie. cross link issues
08:17:21 <pherjung[m]> ViGe: with some webscraping, everything is doable :)
08:17:35 <pherjung[m]> but the API may offer this possibility
08:17:44 <dcaliste> ViGe, ah that explains the 10 bugs limit !
08:19:09 <ViGe> pherjung[m]: I'm quite sure it's possible through the API. Unfortunately the API is not exactly easy to get started with.
08:19:52 <ViGe> Looks like no one had any PRs to discuss, let's move on to the general discussion, we can continue this bug report discussion under that topic :)
08:19:57 <ViGe> #topic General discussion (20 min)
08:20:18 <pherjung[m]> I can take a look
08:21:33 <ViGe> pherjung[m]: Well, after you have managed to create the token, it's not that hard actually. The token creation is the hard part if you are trying to make a real app, but in this case it could be made on the browser which makes things easier.
08:24:04 <flypig> By the way, I found closing bugs can sometimes benefit from a bit of investigation. Some bug reporters rightly get upset if they think they're being ignored or overridden (e.g. bug closed without explanation).
08:24:29 <ViGe> hi flypig!
08:24:34 <pherjung[m]> oh hi fylpig!
08:24:34 <flypig> Hello :)
08:24:49 <flypig> Sorry I was late, so didn't add my name at the start.
08:25:02 <pherjung[m]> you're not the first one
08:25:04 <pherjung[m]> :D
08:25:05 <ViGe> flypig: You definitely have a point there. So mass-closing with a script might not be the best solution really.
08:25:24 <pherjung[m]> but, we could add a comment
08:25:44 <flypig> Well, it could ruffle some feathers, but if you try, it might just work fine.
08:25:54 <dcaliste> hello flypig ! I agree, and in case of duplicate, the script may provide the link to the original, saying that's it's still possible to contradict if the author think so.
08:26:44 <flypig> Right, if there's a comment that explains how to reverse the situation ('ping someone if you think this is a mistake...'), that's probably fine.
08:26:54 <pherjung[m]> I'm not fan to automatically close duplicate bug reports
08:27:25 <pherjung[m]> And honestly there aren't a lot
08:29:41 <flypig> Nice work with the newsletter by the way. The last one was great; really enjoyed reading about CLAT.
08:30:13 <flypig> And the poll is fascinating too :)
08:33:18 <rainemak> flypig, great to hear!
08:33:28 <ViGe> flypig: you really set the bar quite high there. I have a feeling that even if there are more people involved now, there's no way we can reach the level that you set. But we are certainly trying!
08:35:06 <flypig> That's very generous of you, but to me it looks like it's benefiting from some new blood. It's great :)
08:40:18 <ViGe> Alright, time to start wrapping up
08:40:24 <ViGe> #topic Next meeting time and date (5 min)
08:40:29 <ViGe> Proposing Thursday 30th March at 08:00am UTC.
08:40:36 <ViGe> Again a bit longer gap, to get us synced so that the meeting and newsletter are on alternating weeks.
08:41:38 <dcaliste> Would be ok for me.
08:41:44 <flypig> A good choice :)
08:42:06 <Thaodan> Sounds good to me too.
08:42:12 <rainemak> Same here
08:42:26 <pherjung[m]> Here too
08:43:08 <ViGe> Looks like there are no objections :)
08:43:13 <ViGe> #info Next meeting will be held on Thursday 30th March 2023 at 08:00am UTC: 2023-03-30T0800Z
08:43:16 <flypig> Anniversary of the National Bank of Greece being founded in 1841.
08:44:37 <ViGe> Ok, that's all for today! Thanks everyone!
08:44:49 <ViGe> #endmeeting