07:00:03 <ViGe> #startmeeting Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 8th June 2023
07:00:03 <sailbot> Meeting started Thu Jun  8 07:00:03 2023 UTC. The chair is ViGe. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
07:00:03 <sailbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
07:00:08 <ViGe> #info Meeting information and agenda can be found here:
07:00:12 <ViGe> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/community-meeting-on-irc-8th-june-2023/15732
07:00:17 <ViGe> I am the meeting's chairperson today, and will be doing my best to keep time and order. Please respect the timings and bee-hive.
07:00:20 <ViGe> #topic Brief introduction (5 min). Please prefix your name/handle with #info
07:00:39 <ViGe> #info Ville Nummela - sailor@Jolla - chairperson today
07:01:19 <rainemak> #info Raine Mäkeläinen - sailor@Jolla
07:01:46 <Crabster> #info Crabster - lurker
07:02:46 <flypig> #info David Llewellyn-Jones - community
07:03:02 <sebix[m]> #info sebix - community
07:03:18 <pherjung[m]> #info pherjung - community
07:03:27 <pherjung[m]> Good morning!
07:04:44 <ViGe> 2-4 - community wins this round. Although I'm quite sure I saw jpwalden joining as well...
07:04:48 <jpwalden> #info JP Walden - sailor@Jolla
07:04:59 <ViGe> 3-4 it is :)
07:05:11 <ViGe> #topic When we can expect a new version of SFOS? (5 min -- asked by Valorsoguerriero97)
07:05:16 <ViGe> #info <Valorsoguerriero97> Just curious about the upcoming new System version
07:05:23 <ViGe> #info <Jolla> We still have few key items for the next major release under development. Thus, we do not have release date set to the stone for it.
07:05:29 <ViGe> #info <Jolla> That said, we are targeting 2nd half of the year.
07:05:34 <ViGe> #info <Jolla> Before that we might do a minor release from 4.5.0 – to be seen how feasible that would be.
07:07:39 <flypig> Looking forward to the next release.
07:10:02 <flypig> Are there any feature pre-announcements (or hints from the repos)?
07:10:06 <ViGe> #topic Keyboard on I4133 XPERIA 10 (5 min -- asked by Valorsoguerriero97)
07:10:12 <ViGe> #info <Valorsoguerriero97> I've already sent this topic some time ago, can we have a setting to customize haptics feedback?
07:10:17 <ViGe> #info <Valorsoguerriero97> On i4113 it's like too quiet, hardly feeling it.
07:10:33 <ViGe> for this we have a slightly longer answer:
07:10:34 <ExTechOp> #info Otto Mäkelä, community
07:10:41 <ViGe> #info <Jolla> Default vibrator plugin configuration file is in /usr/share/ngfd/plugins.d/50-droid-vibrator.ini
07:10:46 <ViGe> #info <Jolla> To modify the different events for the adaptation, add new file to sparse/usr/share/ngfd/plugins.d/60-droid-vibrator.ini with header [droid-vibrator] and re-define the events found in the default file to your liking.
07:10:50 <ViGe> #info <Jolla> For example, touch_weak event is used for keyboard effects, so to change the feedback strength one could have 60-droid-vibrator.ini with following contents:
07:10:54 <ViGe> #info <Jolla> [droid-vibrator]
07:10:57 <ViGe> #info <Jolla> touch_weak = on=25
07:11:01 <ViGe> #info <Jolla> Which would define the touch_weak event to last for 25 milliseconds.
07:11:05 <ViGe> #info <Jolla> After changing the values issue systemctl --user restart ngfd to test the behaviour. See the default ini file contents for explanations how to define the sequences in general.
07:11:09 <ViGe> #info <Jolla> For pulldown highlight, for example, see /usr/share/ngfd/events.d/pulldown_highlight.ini to see which vibrator effect is used, in this case it is “short”, haptic.effect = short
07:14:35 <flypig> Nice advice. Is there a specific repo where these files are managed?
07:14:39 <rainemak> To complete above, it has instructions for porters as well.
07:14:56 <rainemak> Defaults are in adaptation repos
07:15:12 <flypig> Thanks; so different repo for each adaptation.
07:15:43 <rainemak> files are applied in order so higher number overrides
07:16:44 <ViGe> #topic Untracked bug reports (5 min -- asked by pherjung)
07:16:48 <rainemak> afair default vibra file is 50-droid-vibrator.ini => Thus, 51 or 60 overrides
07:16:50 <ViGe> #info <pherjung> Untracked bug reports (see https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/community-meeting-on-irc-8th-june-2023/15732/2)
07:16:54 <ViGe> #info <Jolla> As always, the Community Bug Coordination Team have done a superb job.
07:16:58 <ViGe> #info <Jolla> As a result of their work, we now have:
07:17:02 <ViGe> #info <Jolla> 3 high quality bug reports now recorded internally and tagged as "tracked".
07:17:05 <ViGe> #info <Jolla> 3 old bugs marked as fixed
07:17:09 <ViGe> #info <Jolla> 2 bugs waiting for input from reported, marked as pending
07:17:13 <ViGe> #info <Jolla> 1 marked as a duplicate and closed.
07:17:17 <ViGe> #info <Jolla> 1 closed as not a bug
07:19:08 <flypig> Great work as always from the CBCT. More bugs out than in this time :)
07:19:37 <ViGe> yup. It's nice to get those old ones closed.
07:20:08 <ViGe> #topic Open PR discussion (5 mins -- asked by jolla)
07:20:12 <ViGe> #info <jolla> Any open PRs to discuss?
07:23:35 <flypig> Nice to see that the PR discussed last time was merged.
07:23:36 <flypig> https://github.com/sailfishos/sensorfw/pull/8
07:24:27 <ViGe> Bringing the PRs up in these meetings does have an effect :)
07:25:09 <ViGe> #topic General discussion (20 min)
07:26:56 <ViGe> Now that we are in the general discussion section, I think I could answer flypig's question from earlier, which I missed as I busy copypasting: No, we don't have feature pre-announcements for the future releases. The releases will contain whatever is ready at the time ;)
07:27:48 <flypig> Thanks ViGe... that's what I expected of course, but had to ask :)
07:28:10 <ExTechOp> Has any progress been made on the missing notification sounds issue? https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/4-1-0-23-4-0-1-48-4-4-0-64-4-5-0-16-no-notification-sounds-ringing-sms-alarm/4886
07:28:29 <flypig> I had a quick skim through Damien's repo roundups. It looks like there are quite a few changes to networking, calendar, sync, sensors and other backend stuff. Not too many front-end changes though.
07:28:41 <pherjung[m]> Would it be possible to have a comment on this article?: https://mobiili.fi/2023/06/06/jollaa-haetaan-yrityssaneeraukseen-nokian-perintoa-jatkaneen-yhtion-tulevaisuus-vaakalaudalla/ ?
07:30:02 <ViGe> ExTechOp: There was some investigation done in February, but unfortunately I don't see any progress being made after that.
07:30:46 <rainemak> pherjung[m], Nope
07:31:05 <rainemak> i.e. nothing to comment
07:36:01 <flypig> Thanks for sharing the lihnk pherjung[m].
07:37:27 <flypig> And thanks for an interesting meeting as always (have to go: my train is pulling in).
07:37:44 <ViGe> flypig: cheers!
07:45:04 <ViGe> #topic Next meeting time and date (5 min)
07:45:10 <ViGe> Proposing Thursday 22nd June at 07:00am UTC
07:46:10 <ExTechOp> That's the day before midsummer eve :-D
07:46:23 <ExTechOp> Juhannusaatonaatto.
07:47:11 <ViGe> Right. Perfect way to start the midsummer activities.
07:49:34 <ViGe> As there are no objections, juhannusaatonaatto it is
07:49:35 <ExTechOp> I'm already on vacation then, can't be sure I'd be able to join so no comment from me.
07:49:41 <ViGe> #info Next meeting will be held on Thursday 22nd June 2023 at 07:00am UTC: 2023-06-22T0700Z
07:50:16 <ViGe> I will be on vacation in July, so the next one will most likely be the last one before summer break
07:50:30 <ViGe> thanks everyone!
07:50:37 <ViGe> #endmeeting