07:00:00 <rainemak> #startmeeting Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 12th Oct 2023
07:00:00 <sailbot> Meeting started Thu Oct 12 07:00:00 2023 UTC. The chair is rainemak. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
07:00:00 <sailbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
07:00:17 <rainemak> #info Meeting information and agenda can be found here:
07:00:17 <rainemak> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/community-meeting-on-irc-12th-october-2023/16859
07:00:28 <rainemak> I am the meeting's chairperson today, and will be doing my best to keep time and order. Please respect the timings and bee-hive.
07:00:28 <rainemak> #topic Brief introduction (5 min). Please prefix your name/handle with #info
07:01:41 <flypig> #info David Llewellyn-Jones, community
07:01:45 <Crabster> #info Crabster - lurker
07:03:20 <rainemak> #info Raine Mäkeläinen, sailor @ Jolla, chairperson today
07:03:44 <sebix[m]> #info Sebix, community
07:05:26 <rainemak> looks like this one is going to community :-)
07:05:39 <flypig> \o/
07:05:44 <sebix[m]> very quiet today :/
07:05:54 <rainemak> it seems so
07:05:59 <rainemak> #topic Jolla and Sailfish OS at FOSDEM (10mins -- asked by flypig)
07:06:05 <pherjung[m]> #info pherjung, community
07:06:14 <rainemak> #info <flypig> Some details about the topic: FOSDEM is scheduled for 3-4 February
07:06:14 <rainemak> #info <flypig> 2024 in Brussels. Last year Jolla got a great reaction on the Linux
07:06:14 <rainemak> #info <flypig> on Mobile stand alongside a number of other Mobile Linux
07:06:14 <rainemak> #info <flypig> distributions. As there are plans for the stand to run again in
07:06:14 <rainemak> #info <flypig> 2024, are any Sailors planning to attend and, if so, would they
07:06:16 <rainemak> #info <flypig> be interested to help with the stand either officially or
07:06:17 <rainemak> #info <flypig> unofficially? The stand CfP was recently released; deadline for
07:06:19 <rainemak> #info <flypig> submissions is 8th December.
07:06:50 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> Thank you flypig! This is a good reminder. However, we have not
07:06:50 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> planed this. We'll write down the deadline.
07:07:27 <ExTechOp> #info Otto Mäkelä, community
07:07:44 <ExTechOp> (sorry about the delay)
07:07:46 <rainemak> I'm not aware whether there are sailors planning to attend
07:07:51 <rainemak> ExTechOp, no problem
07:07:59 <rainemak> welcome pherjung[m] as well
07:08:03 <flypig> Thanks rainemak! Just for some additional info, it looks like the Linux on Mobile stand will go ahead (Mobian, Postmarket, SFOS + others).
07:08:36 <flypig> If any sailors from Jolla are attending, or if anyone from the community would like to help, then that would be really great. Let me know and I can put you in touch.
07:08:50 <rainemak> Meaning similar setup as last year
07:09:18 <flypig> It's looking that way yes. There may be some changes because there was so little space last year. And it has to be accepted too!
07:09:34 <rainemak> certainly
07:09:37 <flypig> (accepted by the FOSDEM committee).
07:10:08 <flypig> Also, I'm certainly hoping to attend myself, so looking forward to meeting other Sailfish OS users there!
07:11:22 <rainemak> It was a great event last time.
07:11:45 <rainemak> + Sailfish OS meetup
07:11:59 <rainemak> or dinner I should say
07:12:12 <flypig> Yes, I really enjoyed it too, there was a great Sailfish contingent there.
07:13:08 <abr> yeah, was great fun last year
07:13:39 <abr> #info Andrew Branson, latecomer
07:13:46 <rainemak> We don't have other topics. I took liberty to handle thigg's question in context of open PR discussion
07:14:05 <flypig> Thanks rainemak, that answers my question. Please encourage everyone to go ;)
07:15:03 <rainemak> Let's move on
07:15:10 <rainemak> #topic Open PR discussion (10 mins -- asked by jolla, thigg, flypig)
07:15:32 <rainemak> #info Let's handle thigg's open issue here as well
07:15:42 <rainemak> #info <flypig> Closed PR URL: [nspr] Update to NSPR 4.35 RTM by llewelld · Pull Request #3 · sailfishos/nspr · GitHub
07:15:42 <rainemak> #link https://github.com/sailfishos/nspr/pull/3
07:15:42 <rainemak> #info <flypig> Not an open PR but a closed one. Just taking the opportunity to thank @mal for his fast turnaround checking and merging it.
07:15:58 <flypig> There's no action on this one, except to recognise mal's excellent work.
07:17:01 <rainemak> #info <thigg> Open issue: pausing notifications · Issue #73 · nemomobile-ux/lipstick · GitHub
07:17:01 <rainemak> #link https://github.com/nemomobile-ux/lipstick/issues/73
07:17:01 <rainemak> #info <thigg> I’d like to know what you think of it.
07:17:10 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> Report looks good. We just opened issues section to https://github.com/sailfishos/lipstick/issues
07:17:16 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> Would be good to clone issue there as well.
07:17:32 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> Like commented last time, not bad idea at all. How it is implemented
07:17:32 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> is another topic.
07:17:53 <rainemak> #link https://github.com/sailfishos/lipstick/issues
07:18:52 <rainemak> Has this raised any further thoughts?
07:21:58 <flypig> Can someone remind me: does this need changes only in open source components? (sorry; I know we discussed this previously).
07:22:36 <rainemak> I believe that it requires lipstick-jolla-home changes as well.
07:22:49 <flypig> Understood; thanks!
07:22:55 <rainemak> Maybe hackable from lipstick - not sure.
07:23:45 <dcaliste> #info Damien Caliste, sorry very late
07:23:47 <flypig> But it does look like there are open-source changes that could be made independently to lipstick, for example, to help support the ljh changes.
07:24:00 <rainemak> correct
07:24:43 <rainemak> this looks to be covered already
07:24:47 <rainemak> so let's move on
07:24:57 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> Any other open PRs to discuss?
07:25:45 <rainemak> afair last time we sorted out some PRs during the meeting :-)
07:26:27 <rainemak> we can come back to other PRs on generic discussion at the end
07:26:37 <rainemak> #topic Untracked bug reports (5 min -- asked by pherjung)
07:26:37 <rainemak> #info <pherjung> Untracked bug reports
07:26:37 <rainemak> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/community-meeting-on-irc-12th-october-2023/16859/4
07:26:37 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> As always, the Community Bug Coordination Team have done a superb job.
07:26:37 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> As a result of their work, we now have:
07:26:38 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> 9 high quality bug reports now recorded internally and tagged as "tracked".
07:26:40 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> 1 bug waiting for more input.
07:28:08 <rainemak> https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/calendar-alarms-dont-work-for-recurring-events-since-sfos-4-5-x-x-solved/15263/40 this is looks be triggering still
07:28:12 <dcaliste> rainemak, about this one: https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/calendar-alarms-dont-work-for-recurring-events-since-sfos-4-5-x-x-solved/15263/44 I'll give a look later today or tomorrow on the alarm not working for recurring events without end.
07:28:17 <dcaliste> ;-)
07:28:38 <rainemak> same timing :-)
07:28:47 <dcaliste> I'll see if I can reproduce and will report there.
07:28:54 <rainemak> thank you dcaliste
07:30:02 <dcaliste> Actually the master branch has a completely rewritten handle of the recurring alarms, so it may work on master while still being broken on Or broken on both. I'll see.
07:31:14 <rainemak> yeah, master is quite far. do you think it'd be possible to "merge" master to upgrade-4.5.0?
07:31:56 <rainemak> i.e. are there much changes on the upper layers of the stack
07:32:35 <rainemak> I know that technically rebase or merge for mkcal is not a big deal
07:34:17 <dcaliste> Indeed, I need to check in nemo-qml-plugin-calendar. Doing it at the moment…
07:35:07 <dcaliste> For instance, there is https://github.com/sailfishos/nemo-qml-plugin-calendar/commit/c5fab03c1504abf40bf66a9cb5dc44c43b437e3b
07:35:31 <dcaliste> Checking if mkcal contains this change for instance…
07:36:22 <rainemak> updating nemo-qml-plugin-calendar could be doable
07:36:28 <rainemak> as well
07:37:00 <dcaliste> Which may have incidence on jolla-calendar. Checking also…
07:39:11 <dcaliste> Yeh, this commit 7d016719 there is a large API change. Which requires to upgrade mkcal, nemo-qml-plugin-calendar and jolla-calendar in accordance.
07:40:14 <dcaliste> But to be back on the issue reported on forum, I'll see if a fix can be done in upgrade-4.5.0 branch and see if this fix need to be propagated to master.
07:40:29 <rainemak> thank you
07:40:35 <rainemak> Let's move on to the general discussion.
07:40:40 <rainemak> #topic General discussion (5 min)
07:41:18 <rainemak> flypig, do you have any updates on the esr91 work other than your diary?
07:42:03 <flypig> It continues :) I'm still stuck on the render pipeline, but working through the suggestions you gave me rainemak! Slowly making small steps of progress (so not stuck yet).
07:42:09 <pherjung[m]> Some French users are complaining SailfishOS get silently unreachable (no way to get a call nor a sms) and nothing inform them
07:42:27 <pherjung[m]> Has someone already got such issues?
07:42:28 <rainemak> flypig, realized those embedlite-components errors
07:43:12 <rainemak> also created sailfishos-esr91 branches where we can merge changes already
07:43:12 * pherjung[m] uploaded an image: (438KiB) < https://matrix.org/_matrix/media/v3/download/matrix.org/SpCYYXnDnzgSVxGXTpXMgDrW/5850722768826514962_119.jpg >
07:43:22 <flypig> Do you think the embedlite-component errors are likely to be critical for the render? I'm hoping many of them will just break other thing like history say.
07:44:03 <flypig> Thanks for making the branch; I hadn't noticed that.
07:44:09 <rainemak> flypig, shouldn't be... but to be on the same side just commend out frame script loaded and friends
07:44:21 <rainemak> s/same/safe/
07:44:29 <flypig> :thumbsup:    ;)
07:44:51 <flypig> I'll do that!
07:45:19 <rainemak> src/qmozview_p.cpp:165 it looks
07:45:39 <dcaliste> pherjung[m], do you know the carrier ? The phone models ?
07:45:43 <rainemak> I doubt there's anything anymore left on the browser side regarding frame scripts
07:46:45 <flypig> Commented out line 165.
07:46:46 <rainemak> pherjung[m], that's not good
07:46:51 <pherjung[m]> dcaliste: X with Orange and X10 II with RED by SFR
07:48:06 <dcaliste> Thanks, not something that I can try to reproduce myself, I'm using Free operator.
07:50:02 <rainemak> maybe ncartron could try to reproduce?
07:50:34 <rainemak> time's up... 5min over time actually
07:50:47 <rainemak> #topic Next meeting time and date (5 min)
07:50:47 <rainemak> Proposing Thursday 26th October at 07:00am UTC.
07:52:19 <flypig> Looks good. Still no clock changes yet.
07:53:02 <flypig> I look forward to the extra hour in bed all year ;)
07:53:18 <pherjung[m]> I'm wondering if it's easy to monitor and trigger a notification
07:53:58 <pherjung[m]> Maybe watching the connected cells?
07:54:14 <ExTechOp> Two weeks from now would be 2023-10-26
07:55:05 <rainemak> and 29th clocks are turned back 1 hour
07:55:45 <rainemak> should we take that into account or not?
07:56:06 <rainemak> when going forward? Either way works for me
07:57:07 <rainemak> ExTechOp, that's copy-paste typo. sorry
07:57:14 <rainemak> #info Next meeting will be held on Thursday 26th October 2023 at 07:00am UTC: 2023-10-26T0700Z
07:57:57 <rainemak> Thank you everyone! Once again good meeting!
07:58:10 <flypig> Thank you rainemak, everyone!
07:58:14 <Crabster> thx #?
07:58:19 <dcaliste> Thank you.
07:58:51 <rainemak> #endmeeting