08:00:09 <rainemak> #startmeeting Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 11th Jan 2024
08:00:09 <sailbot_> Meeting started Thu Jan 11 08:00:09 2024 UTC. The chair is rainemak. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
08:00:09 <sailbot_> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
08:00:11 <nephros> Hello!
08:00:20 <rainemak> #info Meeting information and agenda can be found here:
08:00:20 <rainemak> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/community-meeting-on-irc-11th-january-2024/17628
08:00:20 <rainemak> I am the meeting's chairperson today, and will be doing my best to keep time and order. Please respect the timings and bee-hive.
08:00:20 <rainemak> #topic Brief introduction (5 min). Please prefix your name/handle with #info
08:00:39 <rainemak> #info Raine Mäkeläinen, sailor @ Jolla, chairperson today
08:00:45 <ViGe> #info Ville Nummela - sailor@Jolla
08:00:48 <rainemak> Pleased to see many topics. Last late submission was already postponed as we have topics for an hour (schedule wise already too many). If it looks that we're running out time, I may postpone a topic or two from the end.
08:01:10 * LouisDK community member
08:01:15 <ExTechOp> #info Otto Mäkelä, community
08:01:21 <nephros> #info nephros, Community
08:01:28 <LouisDK> #info communiy member
08:01:33 <Matias> #info Matias, community
08:02:12 <sebix[m]> #info sebix - community
08:02:16 <flypig> #info David Llewellyn-Jones, Community
08:02:38 <Crabster> #info Crabster - lurker
08:03:07 <poetaster> ah, now
08:03:25 * nephros is actually joining from work ( ;) ), so answers *may* be delayed.
08:03:43 <poetaster> good morning.
08:04:45 <ExTechOp> (Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night)
08:04:45 <flypig> Morning poetaster!
08:05:05 <rainemak> #topic XDG-Desktop-Portal specification: interesting for Sailfish OS?  (10mins -- asked by nephros)
08:05:13 <poetaster> Morning flypig!
08:05:17 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> This is rather long question. Thus, let’s use original message from the forum
08:05:17 <rainemak> #info <nephros> Here's the question:
08:05:17 <rainemak> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/community-meeting-on-irc-11th-january-2024/17628/2
08:05:59 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> Certainly, having common APIs is a good idea. More planning is
08:05:59 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> needed and putting down mentioned high-level guidance. We could
08:05:59 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> plan this on a separate forum post. Worth to analyse how much XDG
08:05:59 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> Desktop Portals could eventually help on mobile.
08:06:52 <rainemak> Or forum wiki page maybe.
08:07:59 <rainemak> Big part of this would be in implementing the backend... something like xdg-desktop-portal-sailfishos
08:08:01 <rainemak> Big part of this would be in implementing the backend... something like xdg-desktop-portal-sailfish
08:08:15 <flypig> So, XDG-Desktop-Portal would help with Sandboxing; porting; and just generally staying consistent with other distros. Does that sound about right?
08:08:28 <flypig> When I say "porting" I mean porting apps.
08:08:37 <nephros> It could yes. It's its intention.
08:08:38 <rainemak> Yeap, that's about right.
08:09:13 <nephros> But its made by the Flatpack guys, so some implementations may bve specific to them. Still, having an API spec is good IMO.
08:09:42 <rainemak> This would grow about from the Flatpak similarly as xdg-dbus-proxy did
08:09:42 <nephros> Example: Portals specifies a DBus call for taking screenshots.
08:09:51 <rainemak> s/would/could/
08:10:11 <poetaster> the question of getting 'secure' dbus communication is also adressed by xdg-dbus-proxy?
08:10:33 <flypig> If there are problems with the spec for non-Flatpack scenarios, that might be something they'd want to knwo about.
08:10:34 <nephros> I think first step could be identifying where there is overlap of existing functionality and specification.
08:11:07 <nephros> (and identifying which parts of the spec are not interesting to SFOS).
08:11:40 <rainemak> #info API reference is extensive
08:11:41 <rainemak> #link https://flatpak.github.io/xdg-desktop-portal/docs/api-reference.html
08:12:06 <flypig> nephros: a sort of mapping between existing dbus interfaces and xdg-desktop-portal interfaces.
08:12:13 <rainemak> #info <flypig> XDG-Desktop-Portal would help with Sandboxing; porting; and just generally staying consistent with other distros. Does that sound about right?
08:12:16 <nephros> BTW, newer versions of Mozilla use Portals plus PipeWire for video chatting
08:12:43 <rainemak> #info <nephros> I think first step could be identifying where there is overlap of existing functionality and specification.
08:13:02 <rainemak> #info <nephros> (and identifying which parts of the spec are not interesting to SFOS).
08:13:33 <poetaster> the use case from rinigus puremaps talking via dbus to osm server, for instance?
08:13:55 <rainemak> poetaster, I don't see how this would help with that
08:14:07 <nephros> poetaster: I don't think there is a Portal spec for that.
08:14:24 <poetaster> he's just using dbus
08:14:40 <rainemak> do we have this one covered?
08:14:45 <poetaster> nephros, he mentions it on the page you linked
08:14:45 <flypig> Presumably there could be a community-driven effort to implement something like the screenshot interface, to see how it might work?
08:15:12 <poetaster> rainemak, it's currently not sailjail compatible and so puremaps from harbour is gutted.
08:15:22 <rainemak> #info Presumably there could be a community-driven effort to implement something like the screenshot interface, to see how it might work?
08:15:35 <poetaster> rainemak, that's a good ida.
08:15:49 <nephros> So a SFOS-portal-dbus-proxy?
08:15:49 <rainemak> Let's move on to next topic.
08:15:56 <flypig> Cool find nephros.
08:16:01 <nephros> :)
08:16:07 <rainemak> #topic Unlock via dbus (10mins -- asked by piggz)
08:16:07 <poetaster> +1
08:16:21 <rainemak> #info <piggz> I made a fun little hack which allows a user to auto-unlock the
08:16:21 <rainemak> #info <piggz> phone if some configured BT device is connected (GitHub - piggz/
08:16:21 <rainemak> #info <piggz> harbour-smartunlock 3). Unfortunately it required a nasty hack in
08:16:21 <rainemak> #info <piggz> nemo-qml-plugin-devicelock to allow unlocking via dbus (GitHub -
08:16:21 <rainemak> #info <piggz> piggz/nemo-qml-plugin-devicelock at dbus-unlock), I can envisage a
08:16:23 <rainemak> #info <piggz> setup where the user enters the unlock code into some settings, and
08:16:24 <rainemak> #info <piggz> a dbus method that accepted the code could do the unlocking, which
08:16:26 <rainemak> #info <piggz> would be a bit better. This currently works great on the
08:16:28 <rainemak> #info <piggz> PInephones, but not on my phone which uses sailfish-devicelock-fpd.
08:16:30 <rainemak> #info <piggz> That closed part does link to /usr/lib64/libnemodevicelock.so.0 and
08:16:30 <piggz> oh, im here, but have to do school run in a few minutes :)
08:16:32 <rainemak> #info <piggz> exposes the same dbus method, but replies with an Auth error before
08:16:34 <rainemak> #info <piggz> hitting the modified code in MceDeviceLockAdaptor::setState() I
08:16:36 <rainemak> #info <piggz> think this is because it statically links the library, so my
08:16:40 <rainemak> #info <piggz> override in the dynamic lib doesnt work. Would you be interested in
08:16:42 <rainemak> #info <piggz> adding some real way to auto-unlock a device? What are your
08:16:44 <rainemak> #info <piggz> thoughts on this? My use case is to not need to unlock the phone if
08:16:46 <rainemak> #info <piggz> it know im “close by” … eg, if connected to my watch or my car"
08:16:48 <rainemak> #link https://github.com/piggz/harbour-smartunlock
08:16:50 <rainemak> #link https://github.com/piggz/nemo-qml-plugin-devicelock/tree/dbus-unlock
08:16:52 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> Yes, there some interest to support community with something like
08:16:54 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> this. Your patch touches the same function we have modified in some
08:16:56 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> in-house hacks / demos – so it is one control point that could be
08:16:58 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> used. But it is also very much against the rule of thumb: anyone
08:17:00 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> can lock device, only device lock daemon can unlock it based on
08:17:02 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> something user does. Pure sw unlock easily becomes a backdoor. At
08:17:04 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> minimum such possibility should be limited to privileged processes
08:17:06 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> (our patch allows only root to unlock). Preferably user should
08:17:10 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> still be in control over something like this – say setting allowing
08:17:12 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> unlock over D-Bus , bit similarly to relaxing rules about package
08:17:14 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> installation works. Or limiting such functionality to named client
08:17:16 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> binaries. The smaller the hole the better but nevertheless there
08:17:18 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> will be a hole. Does the possibility for increased convenience for
08:17:20 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> some justify decrease in security for all?
08:17:22 <rainemak> #info <Jolla>
08:17:24 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> Another way might be to implement this as authentication method
08:17:26 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> that device lock daemon would then use for unlocking (when user
08:17:28 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> wakes up the device). But given that daemon is closed source
08:17:30 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> monolith, it would need to be implemented in-house for foreseeable
08:17:32 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> future. And we’d need ability to grade authentication methods
08:17:34 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> somehow to differentiate between “can be used for unlocking device”
08:17:36 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> and “can be used to identify user” and so on.
08:18:36 <rainemak> any comments?
08:18:47 <piggz> just reading....
08:19:22 <piggz> smart-unlock is a feature on android ... perhaps you could consider adding such a thing?
08:19:38 <piggz> im quite happy to not have to make my own hack
08:19:55 <piggz> just for the "connected device" use-case
08:20:56 <rainemak> let's see how this develops
08:21:05 <ExTechOp> It would be nice if the user could select how "hard" security they want/need on their devices, instead of having it hardwired by the operating system.
08:21:31 <flypig> So the obvious downside as mentioned is potential privacy violations; either allowing criminals or the state-level to get access?
08:21:45 <flypig> ExTechOp, your suggestion would mitigate that.
08:21:58 <piggz> flypig: but if the uses opts to not-lock if their watch is in vicinityl then thats fine
08:22:19 <rainemak> #info <ExTechOp> It would be nice if the user could select how "hard" security they want/need on their devices, instead of having it hardwired by the operating system.
08:22:45 <flypig> piggz, yes, understood. I guess I'd just personally not want it to weaken security protections when it's not used.
08:22:57 <piggz> sure
08:23:05 <poetaster> people pay with cards at stores with nothing more than a swipe these days. not secure at all.
08:24:01 <piggz> i wouldnt want to weaken security for all, but just add some convenience for some with little downside
08:24:01 <rainemak> I don't think that's a same analogy
08:24:31 <poetaster> I'm suggesting that pairing nfc, bluetooth are MORE secure.
08:24:33 <poetaster> that's all.
08:24:37 <nephros> which kind of device are you using at the moment to unlock?
08:25:00 <rainemak> time flies...
08:25:14 <piggz> nephros: my use case is basically ... if my watch is connected, which is on my person, then allow unlock automatically
08:25:32 <rainemak> let's continue this one the general discussion if we have time left. ok
08:25:34 <poetaster> piggz, ble?
08:25:48 <piggz> happy enough for this to be considered, have to go to school now :) thx rainemak
08:25:48 <nephros> Maybe it can be constrained to BT MAC + must be a HID device + must have a button + button press unlocks?
08:25:48 <rainemak> ... on the general
08:25:58 <rainemak> thanks piggz
08:26:04 <rainemak> #topic Inclusion of FolderListModel in harbour (5mins -- asked by poetaster)
08:26:09 <rainemak> #info <poetaster> I recently, somewhat belatedly, noticed that I had disqualified
08:26:09 <rainemak> #info <poetaster> a number of packages I already have in harbour by adding
08:26:09 <rainemak> #info <poetaster> FolderListModel. (the labs one). Is it possible to allow this?
08:26:09 <rainemak> #info <poetaster> Or am I missing an equally convenient mechanism. I have my
08:26:09 <rainemak> #info <poetaster> ‘own’ python based version but that’s a hack.
08:26:17 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> There isn’t really any good reason for not allowing
08:26:17 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> Qt.labs.folderlistmodel in Harbour. In fact, we were already
08:26:17 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> planning to allow it in 4.5.0 release, but unfortunately the change
08:26:17 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> just missed the window. It will be allowed when the next Sailfish
08:26:18 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> OS release comes out.
08:26:38 <poetaster> Oh, cool! Yeah!
08:26:45 <flypig> Great news :)
08:26:51 <rainemak> this is should be clear and straightforward :-)
08:27:00 <rainemak> s/is//
08:27:19 <poetaster> short topic. not like me.
08:27:31 <nephros> Is there a significant difference between the labs one, and the one from Silica (or is it Nemo)?
08:27:32 <rainemak> let's move on
08:27:43 <rainemak> #topic AAS System Webview (5mins -- asked by Matias)
08:27:55 <rainemak> #info <Matias> SFOS AAS comes with Android System Webview version 83 which is 3.5
08:27:55 <rainemak> #info <Matias> years old by now. This causes certain banking apps and potentially
08:27:55 <rainemak> #info <Matias> other Android applications that rely on a more recent version of
08:27:55 <rainemak> #info <Matias> webview to stop working and it is also a bit of a security risk.
08:27:55 <rainemak> #info <Matias> Installing and activating a different webview implementation
08:27:55 <rainemak> #info <Matias> requires superuser rights (infeasible) or signature spoofing
08:27:57 <rainemak> #info <Matias> (which nobody seems to have tried in the context of webview yet).
08:27:59 <rainemak> #info <Matias> With the reorganization over I was hoping someone could shed some
08:28:01 <rainemak> #info <Matias> light on this.
08:28:03 <rainemak> #info <Matias>
08:28:05 <rainemak> #info <Matias> So, is there an update for AAS/Android System Webview somewhere
08:28:09 <rainemak> #info <Matias> down the pipeline?
08:28:11 <rainemak> #info <Matias>
08:28:13 <rainemak> #info <Matias> Links/references:
08:28:15 <rainemak> #info <Matias>
08:28:17 <rainemak> #info <Matias> 1. Rabobank app stopped working
08:28:19 <rainemak> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/rabobank-app-stopped-working/2898
08:28:21 <rainemak> #info <Matias> 2. Old Android WebView (74.x) --> update needed, ideas?
08:28:23 <rainemak> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/old-android-webview-74-x-update-needed-ideas/13465
08:28:25 <rainemak> #info <Matias> 3. Make updating Android (System)Webview possible 2
08:28:27 <rainemak> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/make-updating-android-system-webview-possible/15116
08:28:29 <rainemak> #info <Matias> 4. GeckoView instead of Android System WebView · Issue #167 · mozilla/geckoview · GitHub 1
08:28:32 <rainemak> #link https://github.com/mozilla/geckoview/issues/167#issuecomment-1031423692
08:28:34 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> We are using Webview from current Android version and it is updated
08:28:36 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> always when we update AppSupport Android base version. We have
08:28:40 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> AppSupport update for next Android version in pipeline but not yet
08:28:42 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> sure when can we release that out.
08:28:44 <rainemak> sorry, nephros I just changed the topic... please raise your question again on the general discussion.
08:30:08 <Matias> I see. Would it be possible to whitelist other webviews in the system image to allow the user to choose other ones if they so desire? Just an idea.
08:30:51 <rainemak> #info <Matias>  Would it be possible to whitelist other webviews in the system image to allow the user to choose other ones if they so desire? Just an idea.
08:31:37 <rainemak> Matias, I'll ask around
08:32:03 <Matias> Thank you! It's greatly appreciated.
08:32:05 <rainemak> I doubt that I get answer for this meeting
08:32:21 <rainemak> let's speed up a bit
08:32:23 <rainemak> #topic Mobile data in Italy with Xperia 10 III not working ( (5mins -- asked by Valorsoguerriero97)
08:32:33 <rainemak> #info <Valorsoguerriero97> Mobile data not working under WINDTRE (ITALY) on 10
08:32:33 <rainemak> #info <Valorsoguerriero97> III. Same APN setting on my 10 works ok. Not here. I
08:32:33 <rainemak> #info <Valorsoguerriero97> can only call and receive sms… not mobile data. What
08:32:33 <rainemak> #info <Valorsoguerriero97> about this bug? Can you give me an estimated time for
08:32:33 <rainemak> #info <Valorsoguerriero97> resolution?
08:32:45 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> You replied to the forum already with a solution. Good that this got sorted out.
08:32:46 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> Summary: Ask the operator to disable VoLTE on your contract/line.
08:32:46 <rainemak> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/xperia-10-iii-no-mobile-data/17711/19
08:33:23 <rainemak> there operator specific issues are tricky
08:34:31 <rainemak> moving forward
08:34:39 <rainemak> #topic Jolla community dinner @ FOSDEM '24 (10mins -- asked by Louis)
08:34:44 <rainemak> #info <Louis> There has been a Jolla community dinner after FOSDEM on Saturday in
08:34:45 <rainemak> #info <Louis> the previous years at non-COVID times. I personally miss the
08:34:45 <rainemak> #info <Louis> Moroccan restaurant La Kasbah (the host at 2019 and 2020) as I
08:34:45 <rainemak> #info <Louis> found it quite suited? Anyone from Jolla up for the planning or
08:34:45 <rainemak> #info <Louis> should it be done by time community. Also if anyone have better
08:34:45 <rainemak> #info <Louis> suggestions I’m open for it.
08:35:12 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> We’re thinking that this would be more like Community event this
08:35:13 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> time. That said, it’s under planning. We’re still checking suitable
08:35:13 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> place, but it should be such that it encourages to discuss and serves
08:35:13 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> food. Central location it’ll be and likely scheduled to Saturday
08:35:13 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> 7:00 PM giving everybody enough time to move from FOSDEM venue.
08:35:13 <rainemak> #info <Jolla>
08:35:15 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> There’s also a forum topic about the dinner but no post yet
08:35:17 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> regarding this Community event.
08:35:19 <rainemak> #info <Jolla>
08:35:21 <rainemak> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/any-plans-regarding-fosdem-2024-dinner/17632/5
08:35:50 <flypig> I'm already looking forward to it!
08:36:19 <LouisDK> flypig, good to hear. Just want to know if anyone from Jolla wants to plan it.
08:36:40 <LouisDK> I could also step in if needed
08:36:57 <rainemak> LouisDK, we're planning it already
08:37:26 <LouisDK> rainemak: Nice. Do you have a resturant in mind?
08:38:17 <rainemak> LouisDK, not yet selected.
08:38:56 <rainemak> We'll post to the forum when there's info to share
08:39:01 <flypig> If I recall correctly, last year was Café Georgette, before that it was La Kasbah like you said LouisDK.
08:39:22 <flypig> Quite different experiences :)
08:39:24 <LouisDK> flypig: Yes. It's sww what rainemak comes up with.
08:40:12 <flypig> Yes, indeed :)
08:40:49 <rainemak> Do you want to continue still or is it ok to move forward?
08:40:55 <flypig> I shall hold the question until general, but I'm interested to know if anyone else here will be at FOSDEM.
08:41:13 <LouisDK> rainemak: Just continue.
08:41:22 <rainemak> Trying save some time for general discussion
08:41:27 <rainemak> #topic Jollas future plans regarding Alien Dalvik  (10mins -- asked by Louis)
08:41:30 <rainemak> #info <Louis> What is the situation regarding Jolla and Alien Dalvik. Does Jolla
08:41:30 <rainemak> #info <Louis> have “enough rights” to expand the development and offering of
08:41:31 <rainemak> #info <Louis> Alien Dalvik to eg. community ports? (Eg. sell it under an “as-is”
08:41:31 <rainemak> #info <Louis> agreement without any official support from Jolla)
08:41:42 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> Let’s correct the name first, it’s not Alien Dalvik but Android
08:41:42 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> AppSupport. Not quite sure what you trying to ask with “enough
08:41:42 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> rights” but yes, we have all rights to the AppSupport. This has
08:41:42 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> been discussed on several occasions in the past, see links below.
08:41:42 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> Proposed as-is is likely not a good idea with current Sailfish X
08:41:43 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> pricing model.
08:41:45 <rainemak> #info <Jolla>
08:41:47 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> It's worth noting that Android AppSupport for community ports is
08:41:49 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> more than just providing the relevant packages. No need to repeat
08:41:51 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> answers again, please check “Ability to buy/enable Android
08:41:53 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> AppSupport for community ports” topic from 2023-02-16 log and
08:41:55 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> “Standalone AppSupport license for ports” topic from the 2022-06-09
08:41:57 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> log.
08:41:59 <rainemak> #info <Jolla>
08:42:01 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> If we were to do this, it wouldn't be in the immediate future.
08:42:03 <rainemak> #info <Jolla>
08:42:05 <rainemak> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/community-meeting-on-irc-16th-february-2023/14326
08:42:07 <rainemak> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/community-meeting-on-irc-9th-june-2022/11704
08:42:11 <rainemak> #link https://irclogs.sailfishos.org/meetings/sailfishos-meeting/2023/sailfishos-meeting.2023-02-16-08.00.log.html
08:42:14 <rainemak> #link https://irclogs.sailfishos.org/meetings/sailfishos-meeting/2022/sailfishos-meeting.2022-06-09-07.01.log.html
08:42:36 <LouisDK> rainemak: Answer accepted. Just move forward
08:42:48 <rainemak> :-)
08:42:48 <rainemak> #topic Mic issues under AOSP and SailfishOS (Xperia 10 ii + iii) (5mins -- asked by Louis)
08:42:55 <rainemak> #info <Louis> 3rd party caller my be able to hear their own voice due to a bug in
08:42:55 <rainemak> #info <Louis> AOSP. Any updates on this from Jolla? Echo during calls on Xperia
08:42:55 <rainemak> #info <Louis> 10 II using Loudspeaker 1 and [LENA][11][4.19] Echo cancellation is
08:42:55 <rainemak> #info <Louis> not enabled for voice calls · Issue #771 ·
08:42:55 <rainemak> #info <Louis> sonyxperiadev/bug_tracker · GitHub
08:42:57 <rainemak> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/echo-during-calls-on-xperia-10-ii-using-loudspeaker/10990
08:42:58 <rainemak> #link https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/bug_tracker/issues/771
08:43:00 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> Not really updates. Officially we’re stating Android 11 as required
08:43:02 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> stock Android version and clearing Android 12 as ok. That said,
08:43:04 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> without guarantees you could try to update your Sony Xperia 10 III
08:43:06 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> to Android 13 before flashing Sailfish OS and check if it’s better
08:43:10 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> – please note that Android 11 binary blobs are still needed from
08:43:12 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> Sony’s web site. Bear in mind that if you upgrade stock Android
08:43:14 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> version to 13 before flashing Sailfish OS and there are other kind
08:43:16 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> of issues and you want to downgrade, you need to flash Android 12
08:43:18 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> with Windows and use Emma.
08:43:20 <rainemak> #link https://docs.sailfishos.org/Support/Supported_Devices/
08:43:22 <rainemak> #link https://docs.sailfishos.org/Support/Help_Articles/Managing_Sailfish_OS/Reinstalling_Sailfish_OS/#reverting-xperia-back-to-android-os
08:44:37 <rainemak> moving on...
08:44:39 <LouisDK> rainemak: The issues does still presists with Xperia 10 iii  flashed with Android 12 and 13 prior to Sailfish.
08:45:05 <LouisDK> Just move ahead
08:45:09 <rainemak> LouisDK, that's what we expected
08:45:18 <rainemak> #topic Open PR discussion (5 mins -- asked by Jolla)
08:45:18 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> Any open PRs to discuss?
08:45:45 <rainemak> I had none prepared for this...
08:46:42 <flypig> Without Damien's update I'm lost :(
08:46:50 <rainemak> Let's skip open PRs for today... .-)
08:46:57 <rainemak> flypig, yeap
08:47:02 <rainemak> #info <topic> Bug reports by the community bug coordination team (5 min -- asked by Jolla)
08:47:07 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> The Community Bug Coordination Team have done a superb job once again this fortnight.
08:47:07 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> As a result of their work, we now have:
08:47:07 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> 6 high quality bug reports now recorded internally and tagged as "tracked".
08:47:07 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> 1 bug report missing “tracked” tag.
08:47:09 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> 3 marked as duplicates and closed.
08:47:36 <rainemak> Let's move on to the general discussion.
08:47:36 <rainemak> #topic General discussion (8 min)
08:48:00 <flypig> Kudos to the bug team again!
08:48:07 <rainemak> flypig, you had some general topics...
08:48:21 <rainemak> flypig, Yeap! Once again
08:48:24 <flypig> Oh, well, I'm curious to know who else here will be at FOSDEM.
08:48:33 <rainemak> I'll be
08:48:41 <LouisDK> I will for sure.
08:48:52 <ExTechOp> The last time, I asked about SFOS future plans, has there been progress that could be made public?
08:49:50 <Matias> I'd love to visit FOSDEM sometime, but probably not this year :(
08:49:51 <rainemak> ExTechOp, not really, you can trust that we share those when ready
08:50:21 <poetaster> I can't make FOSDEM either. Family, winter school break collide.
08:50:59 <flypig> I'm looking forward to seeing you there LouisDK, rainemak :) Sorry to hear that though poetaster (I think you mentioned it previously, but it's still a shame).
08:52:07 <poetaster> flypig, ah, just checked. I'm wrong. 3-4 fossdem, 5-9 school free. hmmm. depends on what we plan for that week.
08:52:35 <flypig> Well, if things change and you can make it, it will be wonderful to meet up :D
08:52:51 <poetaster> yes, I'd really like that! I never get out :)
08:52:52 <rainemak> Matias, got some input regarding the AAS WebView
08:53:08 <flypig> poetaster: :D
08:53:44 <rainemak> #link https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/master/android_webview/docs/aosp-system-integration.md#Why-are-there-security-restrictions-on-which-apps-can-be-used-as-a-WebView-implementation
08:54:21 <rainemak> #info "Why are there security restrictions on which apps can be used as a WebView implementation?" ^
08:55:14 <rainemak> let's schedule next meeting next...
08:55:18 <rainemak> #topic Next meeting time and date (5 mins)
08:55:21 <flypig> So on a standard Android device, does that mean it's not possible to upgrade the Webview?
08:55:24 <flypig> nephros, earlier you asked: "Is there a significant difference between the labs one, and the one from Silica (or is it Nemo)?" What is the labs one?
08:55:45 <flypig> Sorry, I spilled over; you can ignore me.
08:56:07 <rainemak> https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qt-labs-folderlistmodel-folderlistmodel.html
08:56:13 <Matias> It's possible to update the default Google system webview on regular Android devices, where it is whitelisted in the system image and available in the play store, I think.
08:56:31 <flypig> Thank you rainemak!
08:56:41 <rainemak> Matias, yeap it could be possible via Play Store
08:56:48 <flypig> Got it, thank you Matias!
08:56:59 <rainemak> Proposing Thursday 1st February at 08:00am UTC due to vacations so right before FOSDEM.
08:57:06 <Matias> Thank you too for the extra info rainemak!
08:57:09 <nephros> There is Nemo.FileManager::FileModel
08:57:13 <ViGe> flypig: Yeah, the one which rainemak linked is the labs one. There isn't any in Silica and we don't use the one from Nemo.
08:57:32 <nephros> ok understood.
08:57:41 <ExTechOp> 2024-02-01 works4me
08:57:46 <flypig> +1
08:58:17 <flypig> Thanks ViGe.
08:58:44 <rainemak> nephros, it's a matter of choice and both could be available for Harbour use
08:58:53 <poetaster> flypig, my better half says I should just go to fossdem :)
08:59:18 <flypig> Yay! You have a very wise better half :)
08:59:26 <rainemak> :)
08:59:45 <rainemak> #info Next meeting will be held on Thursday 1st February 2023 at 08:00am UTC: 2024-02-01T0800Z
09:00:03 <rainemak> Thank you everyone for the meeting!
09:00:11 <poetaster> ok, so I wasn't aware of the Nemo FolderListModel ... research.
09:00:14 <poetaster> thanks all!
09:00:17 <flypig> Thank you rainemak, all!
09:00:19 <nephros> thanks! See ya around!
09:00:25 <Matias> Thank you all!
09:00:35 <poetaster> ahoi!
09:00:43 <Matias> First time, I was quite nervous :)
09:00:47 <rainemak> I think now we peeked number of topics... one less would be better, let's improve a bit.
09:01:06 <flypig> Nice work Matias, did great ;)
09:01:10 <ExTechOp> Thank you, everybody!
09:01:20 <rainemak> Matias, don't be you did well! Welcome
09:01:30 <rainemak> #endmeeting