08:00:53 <rainemak> #startmeeting Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 1st Feb 2024
08:00:53 <sailbot_> Meeting started Thu Feb  1 08:00:53 2024 UTC. The chair is rainemak. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
08:00:53 <sailbot_> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
08:00:53 <rainemak> #info Meeting information and agenda can be found here:
08:00:53 <rainemak> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/community-meeting-on-irc-1st-february-2024/17763
08:01:08 <rainemak> I am the meeting's chairperson today, and will be doing my best to keep time and order. Please respect the timings and bee-hive.
08:01:08 <rainemak> #topic Brief introduction (5 min). Please prefix your name/handle with #info
08:01:24 <ExTechOp> #info Otto Mäkelä, community
08:01:53 <direc85[m]> #info Matti Viljanen, community
08:01:56 <rainemak> #info Raine Mäkeläinen, sailor @ Jolla, chairperson today
08:02:41 <ViGe> #info Ville Nummela, community
08:03:32 <rainemak> Not too many topics today. One from last meeting leaving us a good amount for general discussion.
08:03:33 <Crabster> #info Crabster - lurker
08:05:13 <rainemak> #topic Update on Sailflish on the Pinephone Pro  (10mins -- asked by piggz)
08:05:13 <rainemak> #info <piggz> Could jolla provide an update on how discussions have progressed
08:05:13 <rainemak> #info <piggz> with Pine64 regarding shipping SFOS on the PPP. Im aware that
08:05:13 <rainemak> #info <piggz> discussions took place, but progress on any issues seems to have
08:05:13 <rainemak> #info <piggz> been slow, probably due to the restructure. It would be good to
08:05:15 <rainemak> #info <piggz> see this through and see Sailfish available to this market.
08:06:16 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> Thank you piggz! Unfortunately, there's nothing to update on the
08:06:16 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> matter now. Hope you understand.
08:08:30 <rainemak> I guess that's well enough covered with that.
08:08:33 <ExTechOp> A shame, it would be nice to see this progress.
08:08:50 <rainemak> I understand you
08:10:19 <flypig> #info David Llewellyn-Jones, community... late!
08:10:34 <rainemak> no worries David
08:10:37 <poetaster> #info poetaster community ... chasing David!
08:10:47 <rainemak> :-)
08:10:48 <flypig> :D
08:14:01 <rainemak> #topic Open PR discussion (5 mins -- asked by Jolla)
08:14:10 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> Any open PRs to discuss?
08:14:29 <rainemak> flypig, direc85[m], anybody?
08:15:18 <flypig> Nothing that springs to mind.
08:15:47 <direc85[m]> Not much from me, regarding Rust 1.75 that is
08:16:41 <rainemak> nothing from me either. As there are no bug reports today. Let's move to general discussion.
08:16:45 <flypig> It's nice to see packages being updated (from dcaliste's roundup).
08:16:50 <rainemak> #topic General discussion (10 min)
08:17:34 <rainemak> flypig, yeap. There has been plenty of package updates.
08:18:03 <flypig> Looking forward to seeing some of you in Brussels in a couple of days.
08:18:05 <rainemak> #info If you're participating FOSDEM, please stop by our stand. We're on Building AW level 1 group A.
08:18:21 <flypig> +1 to that!
08:18:22 <rainemak> #link https://fosdem.org/2024/stands/
08:18:35 <ExTechOp> I assume there is no new news regarding where SFOS development will progress?
08:18:35 <ExTechOp> However, I'd like to ask, how are people doing at Jolla/whaterveritscallednow, the last few months must have been very stressful?
08:18:36 <poetaster> will be there!
08:19:05 <flypig> Just to warn you, FOSDEM agreed to give us an additional stand, so it's possible we'll be moved somewhere else; best check the website on the day.
08:19:31 <rainemak> flypig, thank for the heads up. Will inform pvuorela as well.
08:20:35 <rainemak> #info We confirmed Sailfish Community Event venue and timing earlier this week (Vinomania at Sat 9 PM). Please find details from the link below.
08:20:35 <rainemak> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/sailfish-community-news-18th-january-community-event/17765/32
08:20:57 <piggz[m]> :/
08:20:58 <rainemak> the event is organized after FOSDEM day and there's food as well
08:21:08 <poetaster> cool.
08:21:12 <flypig> rainemak, should that be 19:00?
08:21:14 <rainemak> #info We confirmed Sailfish Community Event venue and timing earlier this week (Vinomania at Sat 7 PM). Please find details from the link below.
08:21:32 <rainemak> flypig, correct... just noticed as well :-)
08:21:35 <flypig> :)
08:21:46 <rainemak> my apologies
08:22:15 <flypig> It's hard to believe the last FOSDEM was only 12 months ago. Very much looking forward to the dinner event.
08:23:38 <direc85[m]> I wish I could attend, especially because I already visited Brussels just last month!
08:24:03 <flypig> We'll miss you direc85[m].
08:24:21 <rainemak> flypig, all you all set for the FOSDEM ?
08:24:32 <piggz[m]> i too would love to be there... esp as someone is giving a talk about Amazfish!
08:24:37 <rainemak> Unfortunately, strikes taking place today & tomorrow here in Finland messed up flights etc
08:25:20 <poetaster> Same here. Today, no flights, tomorrow, no light rail. Should 'just' make it out saturday morning.
08:25:41 <flypig> We have rail strikes here in the UK too. It's all a bit of a mess!
08:25:55 <flypig> I hope you all have safe travel and make it okay.
08:26:02 <rainemak> I'm flying to Amsterdam and taking a train from there.
08:26:30 <flypig> That sounds a bit exhausting :(
08:26:48 <ExTechOp> (the Finnish strikes are not directed towards the employers, but the government)
08:27:41 <poetaster> in germany, the rail strikes are against the corporation which is owned by the gov't :)
08:30:23 <ExTechOp> (the current right-wing government seems hell-bent on austerity (based on rather shaky statistics, except they are also for tax cuts) and enshittifying work for everyone)
08:30:23 <poetaster> I was hoping to get some (badly overdue) fossdem updates out, but I'm stuck in hardware hacking land. Maybe I should bring some pcbs :)
08:31:29 <flypig> ExTechOp, this seems to be a common theme right now across countries.
08:31:35 <flypig> poetaster, what are you working on?
08:33:23 <poetaster> a Euclidian drum machine (arduino), an L-Systems animation / audification (plays ragas) pi pico project, upgrades to my modular mini synths. Too much at the same time.
08:33:30 <poetaster> but they all have to sync!
08:33:59 <flypig> That sounds like an amazing cluster of projects. What makes a drum machine Euclidian?
08:35:02 <flypig> piggz[m], which devroom is the Amazfish talk in?
08:35:04 <poetaster> Euclidean rythms are fundemental to most traditional music. And a nice way to get automagic drummer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euclidean_rhythm
08:36:13 <poetaster> flypig, original paper: http://cgm.cs.mcgill.ca/~godfried/publications/banff.pdf
08:36:30 <flypig> Oh, nice. So... all about division and Euclid's algorithm. Nice to learn something new before 9am :)
08:37:31 <flypig> Thanks poetaster. Fascinating, and surprisingly recent too.
08:38:10 <rainemak> let's schedule next meeting
08:38:19 <rainemak> #topic Next meeting time and date (5 mins)
08:38:26 <rainemak> Proposing Thursday 15th February at 08:00am UTC
08:39:12 <ExTechOp> May be on vacation, but otherwise works4me
08:39:29 <flypig> I'll have to skip the next one, but will catch up with the minutes.
08:40:58 <poetaster> rainemak, sounds good.
08:41:06 <direc85[m]> Works for me
08:41:27 <rainemak> flypig, no problem
08:42:41 <rainemak> #info Next meeting will be held on Thursday 15th February 2023 at 08:00am UTC: 2024-02-15T0800Z
08:42:54 <rainemak> Thank you all!
08:43:09 <ExTechOp> Thanks, everyone, have a fun FOSDEM who gets there!
08:43:29 <rainemak> #endmeeting