17:00:09 <rainemak> #startmeeting Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- October 29, 2026
17:00:09 <sailbot> Meeting started Thu Oct 29 17:00:09 2026 UTC. The chair is rainemak. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:00:09 <sailbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
17:00:10 <rainemak> #info Meeting information and agenda can be found here:
17:00:10 <rainemak> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/35051
17:00:10 <rainemak> I am the meeting's chairperson today, and will be doing my best to keep time and order. Please respect the timings and bee-hive.
17:00:11 <rainemak> #topic Brief introduction (5 min). Please prefix your name/handle with #info
17:00:13 <rainemak> #info Raine Mäkeläinen, Jolla
17:00:22 <extechop[m]> #info Otto Mäkelä, community
17:00:28 <ViGe> #info Ville Nummela, community
17:00:37 <usbee> #info Balázs Szulovszky, community
17:00:50 <yusssufff> #info yusssufff, community
17:02:17 <CLMA31[m]> #info CLMA31, community
17:02:46 <poetaster> #info poetaster community
17:03:14 <mal> #info mal, Jolla
17:03:22 <zhasha> #info zhasha, community
17:05:18 <rainemak> #topic Tracking of non-resolved Community Meeting topics
17:05:18 <rainemak> #action Community task board
17:05:18 <rainemak> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/community-meeting-on-23rd-april-2026/29030/3
17:05:18 <rainemak> #action Jolla to update regarding recommended charging cables and chargers.
17:05:18 <rainemak> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/community-meeting-on-7th-may-2026/29253/2
17:05:19 <rainemak> #action The Privacy Switch in relation to Ambiances
17:05:21 <rainemak> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/community-meeting-on-july-16-2026/30378/7
17:05:23 <rainemak> #info No actions taken yet regarding community task board nor charger / cables.
17:06:32 <rainemak> let's go
17:06:38 <rainemak> #topic Let’s talk about PIM capabilities. (15 mins -- usbee)
17:06:38 <rainemak> #info <usbee> It is a bit complex topic but I feel like they are heavily
17:06:38 <rainemak> #info <usbee> connected and it is worth to discuss it as a whole package.
17:06:39 <rainemak> #info <usbee> Supporting Oauth doesn’t work by most providers. As a result it is
17:06:40 <rainemak> #info <usbee> not possible to sync IMAP, CalDAV and CardDAV inside a singular
17:06:42 <rainemak> #info <usbee> account. So setting up Fastmail for example needs to be done 3
17:06:44 <rainemak> #info <usbee> times as 3 separated entries. Also syncing notes and todos is not
17:06:46 <rainemak> #info <usbee> possible at all. Even so there is no ToDo app as part of Sailfish
17:06:48 <rainemak> #info <usbee> OS. There is a notes app but it only works as an offline local
17:06:50 <rainemak> #info <usbee> app. There should be an option besides generic IMAP and generic
17:06:52 <rainemak> #info <usbee> CalDAV/CardDAV accounts for generic Oauth accounts too. I do
17:06:54 <rainemak> #info <usbee> believe that this set of features is essential on a phone to be
17:06:56 <rainemak> #info <usbee> able to use it as a PIM device so having a consideration and a
17:06:58 <rainemak> #info <usbee> timeline for it would already be a great thing.
17:07:00 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> Thank you, let's have an open discussion.
17:07:34 <rainemak> Originally this topic was huge, thanks for cleaning it up
17:07:42 <usbee> I think I was able to summarize the issue as clear as I was able to do.
17:07:58 <usbee> To me this is a critical weak point in SFOS.
17:08:10 <poetaster> I think many of us have defaulted to using nextcloud as the central point for pim
17:08:30 <rainemak> noted, however this meeting shall not become item prioritization meeting
17:08:47 <usbee> I picked Fastmail (over Protonmail) specifically to be able to have proper WebDAV support. The problem is not on their side.
17:08:50 <rainemak> poetaster, I have seen that happening as well
17:09:22 <poetaster> It's difficult for me to make a contribution since I run both my own nextcloud AND mail services.
17:09:27 <usbee> @rainemak Okay, I understand.
17:10:00 <zhasha> I guess I'm the counter data point here. I've only ever used generic IMAP since getting my first Jolla back in early 2014
17:10:54 <usbee> Separating CalDAV and CardDAV would already be an improvement because the current method is very alien even for the average Linux user who is socialized on Thunderbird or Evolution. It's also broken with several providers like Fastmail as I observed.
17:11:38 <rainemak> We should also consider grouping certain core functionality like this as a company. Maybe it could be a nextcloud instance provided by Jolla who knows.
17:12:01 <rainemak> but it's not only about PIM.
17:12:12 <usbee> That could work, though I don't want to change my e-mail address once again, it's a long and painful road. :D
17:12:37 <Keto> how would generic OAuth account know how and where it is supposed to connect for mail, callendar, contacts, etc.?
17:13:10 <poetaster> rainemak, that is the value add that google and apple use to tie you to their platforms :)
17:13:19 <rainemak> usbee, understand that but simpler to help / ease changing from big tech
17:13:30 <usbee> Well, there should be a database for that. Thunderbird solves that without having to select provider manually, it even auto detects if the provider uses Oauth or not. There is no extra user input needed there.
17:14:10 <rainemak> poetaster, true that and there's also value when using different service provider for different purpose
17:14:14 <usbee> Yup, I see that as an added value as well, just like how Thunderbird went with Thundermail too.
17:14:35 <usbee> It's just very unlikely I will ever change my address unless my provider dies or something.
17:15:19 <poetaster> usbee, that is why I do my own services :) But, the question is, is this about a SINGLE point to coordinate the services or easier 'on-boarding'
17:15:34 <ViGe> I also run my own email server, caldav server, carddav server and nextcloud servers. That makes three accounts in my phone. I've never really seen that as a huge issue.
17:16:24 <usbee> With Google it is possible to have all with a single login. But do we want to convince people to keep using Google? I doubt that. For now that's the most convenient provider on SFOS.
17:16:24 <poetaster> ViGe, exactly. But DKIM signing is not everyone's cup of tea.
17:16:58 <poetaster> usbee, you mean mail, calendar, notes, contacts ...?
17:16:59 <extechop[m]> Maybe a bit of a chore for people who don't want to run their own services, but then again, I wouldn't say SFOS is for the non-technical people anyway.
17:17:15 <usbee> @poetaster And yup!
17:17:18 <usbee> @poetaster yup!
17:17:26 <extechop[m]> (Generating DKIM is not that involved with modern software packages and all that)
17:17:32 <usbee> Notes is missing though, but that's a different story.
17:18:12 <CLMA31[m]> Would be cool to get notes in Nextcloud to visible in native Notes app
17:18:20 <Keto> I guess .well-known could be used to query provided/supported services?
17:18:33 <usbee> There are some other little things too, for example if I create/delete/modify a contact, it won't trigger a sync, I have to wait for the next scheduled sync for it to be uploaded which is kinda weird.
17:18:57 <poetaster> Keto, always good! ok, the 'short term' solution is a nextcloud / imap service. Who'll host :)
17:18:59 <usbee> @CLMA31 Or any WebDAV notes in that regards.
17:19:54 <CLMA31[m]> That's true
17:20:13 <rainemak> time is almost up
17:20:24 <rainemak> I think we got the point though
17:20:30 <usbee> Yeah, okay.
17:20:37 <rainemak> Thank you usbee
17:20:42 <usbee> There are plenty of room for improvements, yes.
17:20:47 <poetaster> Maybe a sailmates project. collective nextclound/imap
17:20:54 <rainemak> #topic Is it time to tell us about Jolla’s plans to update QT? (10 mins -- PeegeeTips)
17:20:54 <rainemak> #info <PeegeeTips> The topic itself is not new; we all know that QT5.6 is
17:20:54 <rainemak> #info <PeegeeTips> completely obsolete and that there are ‘reasons’ why Jolla
17:20:54 <rainemak> #info <PeegeeTips> hasn’t redeveloped components like silica using a current
17:20:54 <rainemak> #info <PeegeeTips> version of QT6. To a degree this didn’t matter as long as
17:20:55 <rainemak> #info <PeegeeTips> Jolla (and SailfishOS!) was on life support still eking out
17:20:57 <rainemak> #info <PeegeeTips> an occasional minor update on the aging Xperia 10 hardware,
17:20:59 <rainemak> #info <PeegeeTips> but this is not where we are now... Right now, we’re all in the
17:21:01 <rainemak> #info <PeegeeTips> happy position of looking back at a successful launch of new
17:21:03 <rainemak> #info <PeegeeTips> Jolla hardware, so I am being forced to look forward to
17:21:05 <rainemak> #info <PeegeeTips> consider what a healthy SailfishOS ecosystem look like? I
17:21:07 <rainemak> #info <PeegeeTips> don’t believe that looks like asking prospective app
17:21:11 <rainemak> #info <PeegeeTips> developers in 2027 to get excited about using an obsolete GUI
17:21:13 <rainemak> #info <PeegeeTips> toolkit from eleven years ago. One that bears little relation
17:21:15 <rainemak> #info <PeegeeTips> to tooling used right now to create their desktop and desktop
17:21:17 <rainemak> #info <PeegeeTips> apps. So, what’s the plan? Update QT6 / Adopt GTK / Something
17:21:19 <rainemak> #info <PeegeeTips> else...
17:21:21 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> We update when we have something to update, sorry. Last time we
17:21:23 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> discussed about PWAs. I'd proposed that we would use this topic to
17:21:25 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> discuss about potential toolkits. What other toolkits would you
17:21:27 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> like to see?
17:22:12 <poetaster> Flutter (ducks'n'runs)
17:22:35 <usbee> I'd like to see Kirigami app being functional on SFOS, so apps made for Plasma Mobile. For now plenty dependencies are missing for it.
17:23:01 <poetaster> usbee, I'd like to avoid kde library dependancy hell at all costs :)
17:23:21 <CLMA31[m]> I don't have technical knowhow one bit (and don't know any toolkits), but in Jolla's eyes: is it easier to do the whole Qt upgrade or get rid of Qt all together?
17:23:37 <usbee> Since KDE is also Qt based it would be nice to see some cooperation. I would even like to see a SailfishOS version shipped with Plasma Mobile. On desktop it's normal for a distro to have multiple DE choices.
17:24:06 <zhasha> You're looking for Mer
17:24:53 <usbee> @poetaster Well, whether you like it or not there are plenty of native mobile Linux apps that are not functional whether they are GTK or KDE apps, because of lacking libraries. It is significantly easier to run the Android version of those apps if they exists than the native one.
17:25:01 <poetaster> usbee, I contributed some to rinigus and piggz efforts with 5.15 and the whole kde ecosystem. While there are 'benifits' I personally won't go there again since I don't want any of the kde apps.
17:26:03 <usbee> @zhasha I'm looking for a mobile distro with Android AppSupport or equal and DE options. There aren't any since Waydroid is pretty inferior to AAS in my eyes.
17:26:36 <zhasha> The support overhead for something like that would be enormous
17:26:47 <poetaster> Ok, we're drifting. Jolla, QT6 plans outside of piggz & rinigus efforts?
17:27:43 <CLMA31[m]> I apologize before hand my technical lag of understanding and stupid question... But would it be possible to natively ship something what piggz and rinigus have pulled of so app development could direct more towards Qt6?
17:27:43 <rainemak> and then we have gtk which could be an option
17:27:55 <mal> switching toolkit would be a lot bigger effort than qt update
17:28:07 <CLMA31[m]> Thanks mal!
17:28:30 <rainemak> more like adding another toolkit as an option
17:28:31 <poetaster> yeah, let's stick to QT please.
17:28:56 <rainemak> I'm thinking more like application developer point of view
17:29:00 <poetaster> rainemak, did you see the experimental flutter hello world?
17:29:35 <poetaster> https://github.com/mrcyjanek/flutter-sailfishos
17:29:45 <rainemak> thanks, will check as well
17:30:51 <CLMA31[m]> Would it be possible for Jolla to ship the Qt6 packages alongside the current once so apps could direct to that? Similarly like currently is achievable through piggz and rinigus effort
17:32:01 <rainemak> CLMA31[m], I'd rather not start discussing technical possibilities here as that ends up being endless
17:32:23 <CLMA31[m]> Thanks for the answer
17:32:36 <mal> CLMA31[m]: well you also need to take into account disk space usage
17:33:08 <CLMA31[m]> But to me that would seem like something that possible could be done without throwing huge amounts of money to Qt?
17:33:37 <CLMA31[m]> Sure! But with Jolla phone and 256gb I would imagine it to be feasible
17:34:09 <usbee> It also could be optional, like AAS or MicroG and other stuff.
17:34:15 <rainemak> Thank you all for your input... let's move on
17:34:28 <mal> well we have the separate root partition which causes some more thinking
17:34:51 <rainemak> #topic Softening a specific Harbour restriction (10 mins  -- yusssufff)
17:34:51 <rainemak> #info <yusssufff> Add a “call” class to classify streams. Until now only the
17:34:51 <rainemak> #info <yusssufff> game and player call are available: Specifically, currently
17:34:51 <rainemak> #info <yusssufff> libaudioresource only offers player and game. A call type in
17:34:51 <rainemak> #info <yusssufff> libaudioresource should help any store app doing voice or
17:34:53 <rainemak> #info <yusssufff> video calls.
17:34:54 <rainemak> #info <yusssufff>
17:34:56 <rainemak> #info <yusssufff> Devs are working on getting video calls to work with the
17:34:58 <rainemak> #info <yusssufff> native telegram’s client Fernschreiber. There is a will to
17:35:00 <rainemak> #info <yusssufff> have the calls and video calls done in a Harbour-compatible
17:35:02 <rainemak> #info <yusssufff> way. They identified that to be published in Harbour, the
17:35:04 <rainemak> #info <yusssufff> “call” class should be available in libaudioresource. You can
17:35:06 <rainemak> #info <yusssufff> dig in here: Add Telegram voice & video calls (tgcalls +
17:35:10 <rainemak> #info <yusssufff> tg_owt) by JimKnopfIoT · Pull Request #583 · Wunderfitz
17:35:12 <rainemak> #info <yusssufff> /harbour-fernschreiber · GitHub
17:35:14 <rainemak> #link https://github.com/Wunderfitz/harbour-fernschreiber/pull/583#issuecomment-6254871945
17:35:16 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> This is a rather broad topic. Raising a "call" class is not
17:35:18 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> necessarily good way to approach this problem statement whilst
17:35:20 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> "call" policy could be one. We should instead talk about what's
17:35:22 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> missing from the Harbour so that it'd be more attractive for
17:35:24 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> developer, users and at the same time it would be a trusted source
17:35:26 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> for app installation.
17:35:28 <rainemak> #info <Jolla>
17:35:30 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> Please also note that this kind of changes tend to take time
17:35:32 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> whilst being important item.
17:36:38 <yusssufff> Allright. And why call "policy" would be better approach than "class"?
17:37:01 <rainemak> yusssufff, you're getting it wrong
17:37:11 <rainemak> policy == class
17:37:14 <rainemak> same same
17:37:22 <yusssufff> oh okay. vocabulary :)
17:37:44 <rainemak> "call" won't make a rain
17:38:58 <rainemak> having that 2nd binary delivered by a harbour app is a good starting point
17:39:01 <yusssufff> It sounds good anyhow. To answer what would be "missing" in Harbour, well a way to do a video call with an app sounds quite a reasonable expectation? I don't know if Telegram makes it easier or harder, but no devs managed to package video (and yet nor audio) calls there yet
17:39:02 <CLMA31[m]> Again, apologies for my non existing technical knowledge, but my understanding is that if one day Whisperfish lands in Harbour it won't have voice recording as that brakes some Harbour rule. I don't know how to classify this, but audio recording, VoIP calls, video calls, fingerprint API etc. would be nice additions
17:39:22 <poetaster> rainemak, is the reason for the restrictive policy to protect incoming phone calls?
17:40:00 <rainemak> for example, we need figure out a way how apps can be granted ipc calls -> how to tell it to end users
17:40:04 <poetaster> I'd been wondering about this since I built a hack screen recorder with audio support but won't release it since I don't know what harm it might do to calling :) Probably none :)
17:41:00 <rainemak> CLMA31[m], not quite correct
17:41:15 <CLMA31[m]> rainemak: From end user POV, could it just be another permission which is listed at first launch of app?
17:42:04 <rainemak> CLMA31[m], not quite that simple but half way correct
17:42:58 <rainemak> unfortunately, I don't have good answer now whether we could just go and add "call" audio routing policy
17:42:59 <yusssufff> @ranemak, so you suggest Fernschreiber devs for now to publish a 2nd binary as an approach to calls?
17:43:05 <rainemak> as allowed
17:43:07 <CLMA31[m]> Yeah, I'm very much aware that I probably understand 5% of technical stuff talked regarding Sailfish :D
17:44:23 <rainemak> yusssufff, nothing to do with the "call" class -> just an example that opens up new possibilities
17:45:02 <mal> maybe some voip call policy? to separate it from the actual calls, not sure if that makes sense?
17:45:26 <CLMA31[m]> What little I understand that would make sense
17:45:27 <rainemak> mal, I think it's almost like that under-the-hood
17:45:52 <CLMA31[m]> As a end user I would like to know whether app makes actual calls or voip calls
17:46:00 <rainemak> let's say Signal calls from AppSupport requires it
17:46:46 <rainemak> it == something like mal elaborated above
17:47:03 <poetaster> I don't quite get why it's so complicated. It's three lines of c++ all related to the policy/class which modify routing behaviour.
17:47:19 <rainemak> #action Jolla to check whether "call" or similar could be allowed in Harbour
17:48:25 <rainemak> points are taken
17:48:27 <rainemak> moving on
17:48:29 <rainemak> #topic Getting the community work on the Xperia 10 V’s cameras merged in @Jolla ‘s build (5mins – yusssufff)
17:48:29 <rainemak> #info <yusssufff> Devs are working on getting Xperia 10 V Camera’s to work with
17:48:29 <rainemak> #info <yusssufff> the blobs version 4b. Most of the work actually doesnt imply
17:48:29 <rainemak> #info <yusssufff> messing with the binaries themselves (exept eventually for
17:48:29 <rainemak> #info <yusssufff> telephoto aka 0.6, but telephoto could be left on the side, as
17:48:31 <rainemak> #info <yusssufff> quite a non-essencial lense). Could @mal maybe have a look at
17:48:33 <rainemak> #info <yusssufff> incorporating that work into the official build? Even fast, as
17:48:35 <rainemak> #info <yusssufff> a quick hotfix for the 5.2 release? Having cameras now working
17:48:37 <rainemak> #info <yusssufff> on the 10 V would makes a huge instant change in usability,
17:48:41 <rainemak> #info <yusssufff> therefore the faster the better... Here is the link of the
17:48:43 <rainemak> #info <yusssufff> community work: [GUIDE] How to enable all cameras on Xperia 10V
17:48:45 <rainemak> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/guide-how-to-enable-all-cameras-on-xperia-10-v/35267
17:48:47 <rainemak> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/xperia-10-v-zambezi-enabling-all-cameras-hardware-video-on-sailfish-os/35811
17:48:50 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> At some point we could look it this. Meanwhile, you can certainly
17:48:52 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> contribute back. We are very much busy with Sailfish OS 5.3, Jolla
17:48:54 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> Phone and Commodore Callback.
17:49:35 <yusssufff> Allright. so i guess Github PRs are the way to go?
17:49:56 <rainemak> mal, do you have better ideas?
17:51:31 <mal> I have only so far had a quick look at those changes, I do wonder about that part where the instruction copy some odm camera files, I didn't quite follow what that does
17:51:32 <yusssufff> MMh the thing is the two approaches taken in both threads are somehow quite different... I dont know exactly which one would fit the Jolla's rights ... We arent very familliar with what is "allowed" to play around with Sony's side of the things...
17:53:37 <yusssufff> parth007 's way seems to need to download sony's firmware from the phone itself for exemple.
17:54:35 <yusssufff> possibly balta's approach would be easier for Jolla to implement, from what i could judge...But hard to say from outside of Jolla...
17:55:33 <rainemak> we could actually continue this same topic in the next topic
17:55:49 <rainemak> as Parth007's topic is quite similar
17:55:53 <mal> if I understood correctly balta's version for main camera only needs kernel patch, that is doable
17:55:54 <yusssufff> Sure.
17:56:11 <yusssufff> mal : yeah i think so too
17:56:26 <mal> even just main camera would be an improvement
17:56:35 <rainemak> indeed
17:56:42 <rainemak> #topic Xperia 10 V (5.1.0.11) – community fixes for SIM loss after boot, slow boot, mic and fingerprint (10mins – Parth007)
17:56:43 <rainemak> #info <Parth007> I’ve been debugging the Xperia 10 V on 5.1.0.11 and have
17:56:43 <rainemak> #info <Parth007> working fixes, all in one package:
17:56:43 <rainemak> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/guide-xperia-10-v-faster-boot-mic-sim-recovery-fingerprint/35340
17:56:43 <rainemak> #info <Parth007>
17:56:45 <mal> most people only use that anyway
17:56:45 <rainemak> #info <Parth007> 1. “No SIM card” after some boots: ofono crashes (SIGSEGV) ~60
17:56:45 <yusssufff> mal ! yesss!!! and a bit one!
17:56:47 <rainemak> #info <Parth007> s after boot during SIM setup, right after “session_read_info
17:56:49 <rainemak> #info <Parth007> not implemented”. The restarted ofono sends setRadioPower 0
17:56:51 <rainemak> #info <Parth007> while the SIM is already active, so the modem powers the card
17:56:53 <rainemak> #info <Parth007> down (uim POWER_DOWN, card error 0x17). Restarting only the RIL
17:56:55 <rainemak> #info <Parth007> (vendor.qcrilNrd / qcrilNrd2) brings the SIM back; I use an
17:56:57 <rainemak> #info <Parth007> automatic watcher for that now. ofono also segfaults when
17:56:59 <rainemak> #info <Parth007> simply restarted. Is this known, and can it be fixed in ofono /
17:57:01 <rainemak> #info <Parth007> ofono-binder?
17:57:02 <yusssufff> *big
17:57:03 <rainemak> #info <Parth007>
17:57:05 <rainemak> #info <Parth007> 2. Slow boot: bluebinder.service is Type=notify, so boot waits
17:57:07 <rainemak> #info <Parth007> for Bluetooth, and the BT HAL often fails chip init at boot.
17:57:11 <rainemak> #info <Parth007> Making bluebinder non-blocking cut a full reboot from 4:02 to
17:57:13 <rainemak> #info <Parth007> 2:23. Could this go into the 10 V adaptation?
17:57:15 <rainemak> #info <Parth007>
17:57:17 <rainemak> #info <Parth007> 3. Mic: primary_audio_policy_configuration.xml only allows 24
17:57:19 <rainemak> #info <Parth007> -bit for “primary input”. A 16-bit recording makes pulseaudio
17:57:21 <rainemak> #info <Parth007> -modules-droid loop until RLIMIT_RTTIME kills PulseAudio,
17:57:23 <rainemak> #info <Parth007> giving quiet or broken recordings and no sound until reboot.
17:57:25 <rainemak> #info <Parth007> Adding a 16-bit profile (plus +12 dB gain) fixes it. Can this
17:57:27 <rainemak> #info <Parth007> be shipped?
17:57:29 <rainemak> #info <Parth007>
17:57:31 <rainemak> #info <Parth007> 4. Fingerprint: the open-source HAL fails (“SetDataPath failed
17:57:33 <rainemak> #info <Parth007> rc=1”) with the current egisap TA. Sony’s stock HAL plus a
17:57:35 <rainemak> #info <Parth007> small shim to the et51x driver works (enrol, unlock, survives
17:57:37 <rainemak> #info <Parth007> reboot). Is official fingerprint support planned for the 10 V?
17:57:41 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> Thank you for your questions. Quite a technical set of questions.
17:57:43 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> Let's hope that we have somebody from Jolla for this. There looks
17:57:45 <rainemak> #info <Jolla> to be good pointers.
17:58:27 <mal> audio policy change is doable, just needs testing, bluebinder issue is annoying, not sure why it randomly fails
17:58:57 <poetaster> this is 10v specific?
17:59:14 <mal> I think so, probably some bt firmware issue or something
17:59:15 <yusssufff> mal : if you or anyone had time to review those, and yeah the kernel patch to unlock the main camera following balta's work, that'd be really so cool. Those set of improovements would make it almost day and night for patient owners of 10 V...
18:00:37 <mal> modem issue needs more checking, could be some timing issue or wrong order of binder calls
18:01:41 <yusssufff> btw, was there a chance to implement mal's work on 3.5mm jack unlock for the 10 IV/V? i couldn't hear yet improovements on that side with the 5.2, so that was maybe kept for 5.3?
18:01:57 <mal> fingerprint is a bit of a problem, that driver in open source is missing something and needs reverse-engineering it figure out what
18:03:22 <mal> I'll have a look at the audio policy configuration along with that audio recording issue once then worst busy times are over
18:03:55 <yusssufff> tmo, any small set of improovement for daily usability soon-ish (main camera, sound and jack, boot issues) would be hugely welcome. Leaving aside for now harder nuts like fingerprint or telecamera would really not make much people sour i think
18:05:46 <mal> yusssufff: does bluetooth recover from that eventually? just to make sure the service that blocks boot won't keep restarting forever?
18:06:05 <mal> ah that different person complaining about that but still
18:06:33 <yusssufff> mal: i think parth007's work got published quite recently, so not much "testers" yet
18:07:05 <mal> but I will do some testing on different devices to see how bt behaves with different service types
18:07:46 <yusssufff> sound wonderful. Are the guides, such as balta's one, on the forum detailled enough for Jolla to step in, or shall the devs start PRs on github actually?
18:08:00 <rainemak> Let's see what could be done for Xperia 10 IV and 10 V. yusssufff do we have this topic covered?
18:08:19 <yusssufff> yep all seems shared.
18:08:26 <rainemak> thank you
18:08:28 <mal> the bluebinder service change is simple to test but just needs many reboots to test on different devices
18:08:29 <rainemak> let's move on
18:08:39 <rainemak> #topic Open Pull Requests (PRs) to discussion (5 mins -- asked by Jolla)
18:08:56 <ViGe> https://github.com/sailfishos/sdk-harbour-rpmvalidator/pull/189
18:11:23 <poetaster> jeez. I get to distribute ffmpeg :)
18:11:44 <poetaster> just when I'm about to rebuild everything with libav :)
18:13:45 <mal> poetaster: what?
18:13:59 <rainemak> mal, ViGe 's rpmvalidator PR
18:14:16 <rainemak> ViGe, thanks for reminding
18:14:22 <rainemak> moving to general discussion
18:14:25 <ViGe> It's not mine, it's karry's
18:14:35 <rainemak> sure, but you linked
18:14:42 <rainemak> #topic General discussion (10 mins)
18:14:42 <rainemak> Thank you everybody who participated to Jolla Phone Roadshow Stockholm in person or via peertube
18:14:42 <rainemak> #link https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/roadshow-community-meeting-stockholm-oct-22/34246
18:14:58 <usbee> Do the Jolla Phone has DP Alt mode support?
18:15:17 <rainemak> nope
18:15:24 <usbee> Is that hw or sw limitation?
18:15:30 <rainemak> hw
18:15:33 <poetaster> errr, what is DP Alt mode?
18:15:34 <usbee> I see okay.
18:15:44 <rainemak> Display Port Alt mode
18:15:44 <usbee> DisplayPort over USB C practicallíy
18:15:48 <rainemak> yeap
18:16:11 <rainemak> but also sw would require changes
18:16:26 <rainemak> I mean multiple monitor support
18:16:30 <usbee> I see
18:17:13 <poetaster> having been down that road (motorola, dock, keyboard, etc) I can assure you, it's a dead end :)
18:17:36 <usbee> It's sad.
18:17:45 <poetaster> what?
18:18:06 <usbee> The lack of support for things like these.
18:18:42 <poetaster> Don't get it. The utility is nigh on naught.
18:19:03 <usbee> what do you mean?
18:19:19 <poetaster> I mean, really. Stick a usb cable in my phone and connect it to a hub to display on a monitor? Is that what you mean?
18:19:20 <usbee> Convergence is an old concept and we are still not there yet.
18:19:38 <usbee> It could be a stand with built in dock if that's your concern.
18:19:53 <CLMA31[m]> Rainemak, how have the recruits proceeded? Have we had the pleasure to get new sailors?
18:20:03 <poetaster> I had one of those convergent phones. PITA.
18:21:12 <usbee> With phones like the iPhone 18 Pro we have stupidly powerful phones that we are unable to exploit properly because the UX and form factor isn't really meant for that.
18:21:16 <rainemak> CLMA31[m], steadily and step by step
18:21:37 <CLMA31[m]> Good to hear!
18:22:23 <poetaster> usbee, sure, but those are sort of intended to be like that. Otherwise they'd be running BSD.
18:22:41 <rainemak> poetaster, indeed
18:22:44 <Keto> utility of something is very subjective
18:23:03 <usbee> They are running a variant of BSD though
18:23:23 <poetaster> Keto, I built two synths (hardware) today, because the utility is only available if I make it so.
18:23:30 <rainemak> I'd propose that we start wrapping this meeting
18:23:56 <rainemak> ie let's schedule meeting :-)
18:24:01 <usbee> okie
18:24:10 <rainemak> #topic Next meeting time and date (2 mins)
18:24:10 <rainemak> Proposing Thursday November 12 at 05:00 PM UTC
18:24:13 <extechop[m]> There's been much 💩 [surrounding automatic backups](https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/automatic-daily-backup-only-works-once-after-creation/15563/18), and there were some patches, but apparently I'm not getting any.
18:24:13 <extechop[m]> Should automatic backups work with SFOS 5.2.0.22 or not?
18:24:31 <usbee> wait isn't 5 PM UTC a bit early?
18:24:43 <usbee> nvm I calculated it the wrong way
18:24:44 <yusssufff> Thanks for all the attention on the 10 IV/V... i know they have caused issues, but giving them now some love would be really such a treat.
18:24:59 <rainemak> yusssufff, noted
18:25:16 <rainemak> usbee, same time as we started today
18:25:28 <poetaster> big thanks for the 2026 Jolla phone to Jolla (and the community who got it for me!)
18:25:29 <usbee> Yes I messed up adding number based on timezones
18:25:38 <extechop[m]> The standard schedule, works for me.
18:25:45 <rainemak> settled
18:25:46 <usbee> okay that sounds good
18:25:47 <poetaster> extechop[m], ditto
18:25:50 <rainemak> Thank you everybody!
18:25:57 <poetaster> and you!
18:26:07 <rainemak> #info Next meeting will be held on Thursday November 12, 2026 at 05:00pm UTC: 2026-11-12T1700Z
18:26:16 <rainemak> #endmeeting