================================================================================ #sailfishos-meeting: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- October 29, 2026 ================================================================================ Meeting started by rainemak at 17:00:09 UTC. The full logs are available at https://irclogs.sailfishos.org/meetings/sailfishos-meeting/2026/sailfishos-meeting.2026-10-29-17.00.log.html . Meeting summary --------------- * Meeting information and agenda can be found here: (rainemak, 17:00:10) * LINK: https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/35051 (rainemak, 17:00:10) * Brief introduction (5 min). Please prefix your name/handle with #info (rainemak, 17:00:11) * Raine Mäkeläinen, Jolla (rainemak, 17:00:13) * Otto Mäkelä, community (extechop[m], 17:00:22) * Ville Nummela, community (ViGe, 17:00:28) * Balázs Szulovszky, community (usbee, 17:00:37) * yusssufff, community (yusssufff, 17:00:50) * CLMA31, community (CLMA31[m], 17:02:17) * poetaster community (poetaster, 17:02:46) * mal, Jolla (mal, 17:03:14) * zhasha, community (zhasha, 17:03:22) * Tracking of non-resolved Community Meeting topics (rainemak, 17:05:18) * ACTION: Community task board (rainemak, 17:05:18) * LINK: https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/community-meeting-on-23rd-april-2026/29030/3 (rainemak, 17:05:18) * ACTION: Jolla to update regarding recommended charging cables and chargers. (rainemak, 17:05:18) * LINK: https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/community-meeting-on-7th-may-2026/29253/2 (rainemak, 17:05:18) * ACTION: The Privacy Switch in relation to Ambiances (rainemak, 17:05:19) * LINK: https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/community-meeting-on-july-16-2026/30378/7 (rainemak, 17:05:21) * No actions taken yet regarding community task board nor charger / cables. (rainemak, 17:05:23) * Let’s talk about PIM capabilities. (15 mins -- usbee) (rainemak, 17:06:38) * It is a bit complex topic but I feel like they are heavily (rainemak, 17:06:38) * connected and it is worth to discuss it as a whole package. (rainemak, 17:06:38) * Supporting Oauth doesn’t work by most providers. As a result it is (rainemak, 17:06:39) * not possible to sync IMAP, CalDAV and CardDAV inside a singular (rainemak, 17:06:40) * account. So setting up Fastmail for example needs to be done 3 (rainemak, 17:06:42) * times as 3 separated entries. Also syncing notes and todos is not (rainemak, 17:06:44) * possible at all. Even so there is no ToDo app as part of Sailfish (rainemak, 17:06:46) * OS. There is a notes app but it only works as an offline local (rainemak, 17:06:48) * app. There should be an option besides generic IMAP and generic (rainemak, 17:06:50) * CalDAV/CardDAV accounts for generic Oauth accounts too. I do (rainemak, 17:06:52) * believe that this set of features is essential on a phone to be (rainemak, 17:06:54) * able to use it as a PIM device so having a consideration and a (rainemak, 17:06:56) * timeline for it would already be a great thing. (rainemak, 17:06:58) * Thank you, let's have an open discussion. (rainemak, 17:07:00) * Is it time to tell us about Jolla’s plans to update QT? (10 mins -- PeegeeTips) (rainemak, 17:20:54) * The topic itself is not new; we all know that QT5.6 is (rainemak, 17:20:54) * completely obsolete and that there are ‘reasons’ why Jolla (rainemak, 17:20:54) * hasn’t redeveloped components like silica using a current (rainemak, 17:20:54) * version of QT6. To a degree this didn’t matter as long as (rainemak, 17:20:54) * Jolla (and SailfishOS!) was on life support still eking out (rainemak, 17:20:55) * an occasional minor update on the aging Xperia 10 hardware, (rainemak, 17:20:57) * but this is not where we are now... Right now, we’re all in the (rainemak, 17:20:59) * happy position of looking back at a successful launch of new (rainemak, 17:21:01) * Jolla hardware, so I am being forced to look forward to (rainemak, 17:21:03) * consider what a healthy SailfishOS ecosystem look like? I (rainemak, 17:21:05) * don’t believe that looks like asking prospective app (rainemak, 17:21:07) * developers in 2027 to get excited about using an obsolete GUI (rainemak, 17:21:11) * toolkit from eleven years ago. One that bears little relation (rainemak, 17:21:13) * to tooling used right now to create their desktop and desktop (rainemak, 17:21:15) * apps. So, what’s the plan? Update QT6 / Adopt GTK / Something (rainemak, 17:21:17) * else... (rainemak, 17:21:19) * We update when we have something to update, sorry. Last time we (rainemak, 17:21:21) * discussed about PWAs. I'd proposed that we would use this topic to (rainemak, 17:21:23) * discuss about potential toolkits. What other toolkits would you (rainemak, 17:21:25) * like to see? (rainemak, 17:21:27) * LINK: https://github.com/mrcyjanek/flutter-sailfishos (poetaster, 17:29:35) * Softening a specific Harbour restriction (10 mins -- yusssufff) (rainemak, 17:34:51) * Add a “call” class to classify streams. Until now only the (rainemak, 17:34:51) * game and player call are available: Specifically, currently (rainemak, 17:34:51) * libaudioresource only offers player and game. A call type in (rainemak, 17:34:51) * libaudioresource should help any store app doing voice or (rainemak, 17:34:51) * video calls. (rainemak, 17:34:53) * (rainemak, 17:34:54) * Devs are working on getting video calls to work with the (rainemak, 17:34:56) * native telegram’s client Fernschreiber. There is a will to (rainemak, 17:34:58) * have the calls and video calls done in a Harbour-compatible (rainemak, 17:35:00) * way. They identified that to be published in Harbour, the (rainemak, 17:35:02) * “call” class should be available in libaudioresource. You can (rainemak, 17:35:04) * dig in here: Add Telegram voice & video calls (tgcalls + (rainemak, 17:35:06) * tg_owt) by JimKnopfIoT · Pull Request #583 · Wunderfitz (rainemak, 17:35:10) * /harbour-fernschreiber · GitHub (rainemak, 17:35:12) * LINK: https://github.com/Wunderfitz/harbour-fernschreiber/pull/583#issuecomment-6254871945 (rainemak, 17:35:14) * This is a rather broad topic. Raising a "call" class is not (rainemak, 17:35:16) * necessarily good way to approach this problem statement whilst (rainemak, 17:35:18) * "call" policy could be one. We should instead talk about what's (rainemak, 17:35:20) * missing from the Harbour so that it'd be more attractive for (rainemak, 17:35:22) * developer, users and at the same time it would be a trusted source (rainemak, 17:35:24) * for app installation. (rainemak, 17:35:26) * (rainemak, 17:35:28) * Please also note that this kind of changes tend to take time (rainemak, 17:35:30) * whilst being important item. (rainemak, 17:35:32) * ACTION: Jolla to check whether "call" or similar could be allowed in Harbour (rainemak, 17:47:19) * Getting the community work on the Xperia 10 V’s cameras merged in @Jolla ‘s build (5mins – yusssufff) (rainemak, 17:48:29) * Devs are working on getting Xperia 10 V Camera’s to work with (rainemak, 17:48:29) * the blobs version 4b. Most of the work actually doesnt imply (rainemak, 17:48:29) * messing with the binaries themselves (exept eventually for (rainemak, 17:48:29) * telephoto aka 0.6, but telephoto could be left on the side, as (rainemak, 17:48:29) * quite a non-essencial lense). Could @mal maybe have a look at (rainemak, 17:48:31) * incorporating that work into the official build? Even fast, as (rainemak, 17:48:33) * a quick hotfix for the 5.2 release? Having cameras now working (rainemak, 17:48:35) * on the 10 V would makes a huge instant change in usability, (rainemak, 17:48:37) * therefore the faster the better... Here is the link of the (rainemak, 17:48:41) * community work: [GUIDE] How to enable all cameras on Xperia 10V (rainemak, 17:48:43) * LINK: https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/guide-how-to-enable-all-cameras-on-xperia-10-v/35267 (rainemak, 17:48:45) * LINK: https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/xperia-10-v-zambezi-enabling-all-cameras-hardware-video-on-sailfish-os/35811 (rainemak, 17:48:47) * At some point we could look it this. Meanwhile, you can certainly (rainemak, 17:48:50) * contribute back. We are very much busy with Sailfish OS 5.3, Jolla (rainemak, 17:48:52) * Phone and Commodore Callback. (rainemak, 17:48:54) * Xperia 10 V (5.1.0.11) – community fixes for SIM loss after boot, slow boot, mic and fingerprint (10mins – Parth007) (rainemak, 17:56:42) * I’ve been debugging the Xperia 10 V on 5.1.0.11 and have (rainemak, 17:56:43) * working fixes, all in one package: (rainemak, 17:56:43) * LINK: https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/guide-xperia-10-v-faster-boot-mic-sim-recovery-fingerprint/35340 (rainemak, 17:56:43) * (rainemak, 17:56:43) * 1. “No SIM card” after some boots: ofono crashes (SIGSEGV) ~60 (rainemak, 17:56:45) * s after boot during SIM setup, right after “session_read_info (rainemak, 17:56:47) * not implemented”. The restarted ofono sends setRadioPower 0 (rainemak, 17:56:49) * while the SIM is already active, so the modem powers the card (rainemak, 17:56:51) * down (uim POWER_DOWN, card error 0x17). Restarting only the RIL (rainemak, 17:56:53) * (vendor.qcrilNrd / qcrilNrd2) brings the SIM back; I use an (rainemak, 17:56:55) * automatic watcher for that now. ofono also segfaults when (rainemak, 17:56:57) * simply restarted. Is this known, and can it be fixed in ofono / (rainemak, 17:56:59) * ofono-binder? (rainemak, 17:57:01) * (rainemak, 17:57:03) * 2. Slow boot: bluebinder.service is Type=notify, so boot waits (rainemak, 17:57:05) * for Bluetooth, and the BT HAL often fails chip init at boot. (rainemak, 17:57:07) * Making bluebinder non-blocking cut a full reboot from 4:02 to (rainemak, 17:57:11) * 2:23. Could this go into the 10 V adaptation? (rainemak, 17:57:13) * (rainemak, 17:57:15) * 3. Mic: primary_audio_policy_configuration.xml only allows 24 (rainemak, 17:57:17) * -bit for “primary input”. A 16-bit recording makes pulseaudio (rainemak, 17:57:19) * -modules-droid loop until RLIMIT_RTTIME kills PulseAudio, (rainemak, 17:57:21) * giving quiet or broken recordings and no sound until reboot. (rainemak, 17:57:23) * Adding a 16-bit profile (plus +12 dB gain) fixes it. Can this (rainemak, 17:57:25) * be shipped? (rainemak, 17:57:27) * (rainemak, 17:57:29) * 4. Fingerprint: the open-source HAL fails (“SetDataPath failed (rainemak, 17:57:31) * rc=1”) with the current egisap TA. Sony’s stock HAL plus a (rainemak, 17:57:33) * small shim to the et51x driver works (enrol, unlock, survives (rainemak, 17:57:35) * reboot). Is official fingerprint support planned for the 10 V? (rainemak, 17:57:37) * Thank you for your questions. Quite a technical set of questions. (rainemak, 17:57:41) * Let's hope that we have somebody from Jolla for this. There looks (rainemak, 17:57:43) * to be good pointers. (rainemak, 17:57:45) * Open Pull Requests (PRs) to discussion (5 mins -- asked by Jolla) (rainemak, 18:08:39) * LINK: https://github.com/sailfishos/sdk-harbour-rpmvalidator/pull/189 (ViGe, 18:08:56) * General discussion (10 mins) (rainemak, 18:14:42) * LINK: https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/roadshow-community-meeting-stockholm-oct-22/34246 (rainemak, 18:14:42) * Next meeting time and date (2 mins) (rainemak, 18:24:10) * Next meeting will be held on Thursday November 12, 2026 at 05:00pm UTC: 2026-11-12T1700Z (rainemak, 18:26:07) Meeting ended at 18:26:16 UTC. Action Items ------------ * Community task board * Jolla to update regarding recommended charging cables and chargers. * The Privacy Switch in relation to Ambiances * Jolla to check whether "call" or similar could be allowed in Harbour Action Items, by person ----------------------- * **UNASSIGNED** * Community task board * Jolla to update regarding recommended charging cables and chargers. * The Privacy Switch in relation to Ambiances * Jolla to check whether "call" or similar could be allowed in Harbour People Present (lines said) --------------------------- * rainemak (192) * usbee (40) * poetaster (33) * yusssufff (20) * mal (19) * CLMA31[m] (17) * extechop[m] (6) * ViGe (4) * zhasha (4) * Keto (3) * sailbot (2) Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4 .. _`MeetBot`: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot