Thursday, 2022-08-04

ExTechOpGood morning, everyone!06:59
flypigGood morning.06:59
flypigLet's get started then :)07:00
flypig#startmeeting Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 4th August 202207:00
sailbotMeeting started Thu Aug  4 07:00:13 2022 UTC. The chair is flypig. Information about MeetBot at
sailbotUseful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.07:00
*** sailbot changes topic to " (Meeting topic: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 4th August 2022)"07:00
flypig#info Meeting information and agenda can be found here:07:00
flypigI am the meeting's chairperson today, and will be doing my best to keep time and order. Please respect the timings and the laws of physics.07:00
flypigApologies for the lack of meeting two weeks ago. We have a bumper set of questions this week though.07:00
flypig#topic Brief introduction (5 min). Please prefix your name/handle with #info07:00
*** sailbot changes topic to "Brief introduction (5 min). Please prefix your name/handle with #info (Meeting topic: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 4th August 2022)"07:00
attah_workBut flying pigs are excempt?07:01
fridl#info fridlmue - community07:01
abr#info Andrew Branson - sailor07:01
ExTechOpOtto Mäkelä - community07:01
flypigHaha. I guess they probably are attah_work :)07:02
ExTechOp#info Otto Mäkelä - community07:02
attah_work#info Anton Thomasson - community, partly paricipating07:02
flypig#info David Llewellyn-Jones - sailor @ Jolla07:02
sledges#info Simonas Leleiva - privateer for Jolla07:02
Thaodan#info  Björn Bidar - sailor @ Jolla07:03
flypigAlmost even today; nice. Last chance to admit your presence...07:05
piggz#info piggz, community07:05
flypigNow we're even!07:05
flypigWe have many questions so let's move on to the first.07:05
flypig#topic 5G support (5 mins -- asked by cquence)07:06
*** sailbot changes topic to "5G support (5 mins -- asked by cquence) (Meeting topic: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 4th August 2022)"07:06
flypig#info <cquence> I'd like to inquire about the plans to enable 5G connectivity in 10III. Are there any plans to enable 5G?07:06
flypig#info <cquence> If so any rough timeframes (1,2,3 releases away or similar) you can possibly share?07:06
flypigI guess cquence isn't here today? Nevertheless, here's our prepared response.07:06
flypig#info <Jolla> Supporting 5G requires a broad set of changes at various OS levels. These include adaptation support, ofono support and ofono plugin support.07:06
flypig#info <Jolla> Right now our focus is on refining the breadth and depth of our VoLTE implementation.07:06
flypig#info <Jolla> For future 5G developments, our suggestion is to keep an eye on the relevant repositories, or Damien's Repository Roundup in the newsletter.07:07
flypigA short answer. But we have a few minutes and it would be interesting to know what others are thinking about the importance of 5G.07:07
ExTechOpWell, it's obviously the way the industry is going, so unless it is made to work, SFOS will be treading water :-/07:08
attah_workIt's not as clear as with the LTE roll-out that it was deployed with 100% overlap... 5G can well be deployed were nothing else covers, but that will be super rare for years to come07:09
ThaodanThere are two points of interest here. First the hybris way of doing this: we have ofono-binder-plugin which talks to the Qti blob and thous only needs to implement the IRadio interfaces and react to the new interfaces.07:10
ThaodanSo far we have IRadio 1.4 iirc.07:10
ThaodanHigher IRadio versions would be needed.07:11
attah_work1.6 it seems07:12
ThaodanFor adaptations that don't use the binder plugin and thus directly talk to the modem the situation is different it depends on how far ofono is in talking to the modem. E.g. QMI in terms of Qti.07:13
flypigAre we talking about this?
ThaodanThat is one piece, however the docs aren't that descriptive. they don't tell much on what is exactly needed.07:14
flypigI'll just stick this in the minutes for future reference.07:15
flypig#info <Thaodan> There are two points of interest here. First the hybris way of doing this: we have ofono-binder-plugin which talks to the Qti blob and thous only needs to implement the IRadio interfaces and react to the new interfaces.07:15
flypig#info So far we have IRadio 1.4, we would need 1.607:15
flypig#info <Thaodan> For adaptations that don't use the binder plugin and thus directly talk to the modem the situation is different it depends on how far ofono is in talking to the modem. E.g. QMI in terms of Qt07:15
ThaodanIRadio 1.5 also mentions 5G07:16
Thaodanargh emacs crashed,  looks like emacs natively on wayland isn't there yet07:16
flypigI'm afraid we only had a few mins on this topic and have hit time, so we should move on to the next topic, but the discussion can continue in General at the end if there's more to say on it.07:17
flypigUnless you want more now?07:17
ThaodanI can only say what I think,  slava or mal would now  better07:17
ExTechOpI guess there isn't much more to say, if you cannot even divulge a planned schedule?07:17
ThaodanI think we said everything we know so far07:17
flypigYeah, I'm afraid that's the case ExTechOp.07:18
flypigOkay, next up...07:18
flypig#topic OAuth2 support in Microsoft Exchange commercial plug-in (5 mins -- asked by DrYak)07:18
*** sailbot changes topic to "OAuth2 support in Microsoft Exchange commercial plug-in (5 mins -- asked by DrYak) (Meeting topic: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 4th August 2022)"07:18
flypig#info <DrYak> Do we have a status update for the support of OAuth2 in the Microsoft Exchange?07:18
flypigAh, good that you're here DrYak.07:18
flypig#info <DrYak> After Alien-Dalvik, getting support for my employer's e-mail servers is the second most important reason for buying the licence to Sailfish X.07:18
flypig#info See the following forum links for more info.07:18
ThaodanI would suggest to talk on #sailfishos-porters and see what we can work on together07:18
flypigHere's our prepared answer DrYak, after which we can discuss further.07:19
flypig#info <Jolla> Thanks for your question Ivan, and also for buying a Sailfish X licence.07:19
flypig#info <Jolla> You'll already be aware of the details, but for the benefit of others, this relates to the Exchange Active Sync (EAS) support on Sailfish OS for syncing emails, calendars and contacts with Exchange services such as Office365.07:19
flypig#info <Jolla> Microsoft have said they plan to disable password authentication in October 2022 (there may be some exceptions), after which it will be necessary to authenticate using OAtuh, which the sailfish-eas daemon doesn't currently support.07:19
flypig#info <Jolla> As is already stated on the forum thread we do have an internal task covering this, and there has been some work undertaken on an implementation.07:19
flypig#info <Jolla> However, unfortunately it's not possible to give further details about the likelihood or timescales for a solution at this point.07:19
flypig#info <Jolla> We aim to report progress back to the tracked forum topic. The need for the functionality is reinforced by both the discussion on the forum and the fact you've raised it here today, so the input is useful to us.07:20
flypigThat's the answer. Again, sorry there's no specific timescale DrYak. Obviously the October deadline is approaching.07:20
ExTechOpJust out of curiosity, does the Microsoft oauth system have any commonalities with the Google authentication which works?07:20
DrYakAnd in some organisation the switching away is already hapenning.07:20
attah_workWe have had it required for years now07:20
DrYakIn our case, users as switched to the new authentication in batches and my account got a few weeks back. So I am currently unable to access my calendar.07:21
attah_workSo, fwiw, Evolution already handles it great - if one needs inspiration07:21
DrYakExTechOp: AFAIK (not my expertise) OAuth2 is a standard.07:22
ThaodanI would say oauth is oauth, it depends on how Microsoft diverges from the standard.07:22
flypigExTechOp, if I understand your question correctly Google auth (TOTP) requires user intervention, whereas OAuth doesn't, so the latter is important for things like background email access.07:22
DrYakattah_work: in Thunderbird world, this is supported with TbSync + EAS-4-TbSync (both opensource) which work even with the latest Office 365 (like my employer uses).07:23
flypigWe have many services that already support OAuth, but not EAS unfortunately.07:23
ThaodanThe issue will be how to integrate that inside the qmf.07:23
DrYakflypig: Microsoft Office 365 also has 2FA, and in some organisation it is mandatroy (my employer uses TOTP, other can use FIDO such as YubiKeys - which btw already works nicely in Sailfish Browser)07:24
flypigDrYak, that isn't an issue though, if I understand your question correctly?07:24
flypigThe outstanding issue here is just OAuth.07:25
Thaodanflypig: if oauth works 2fa work's07:25
DrYakflypig: yes, password are disabled for me, I need OAuth2. (And I 2FA is enforced)07:25
Thaodanbecause password based login doesn't support 2fa07:26
DrYakThaodan: exactly.07:26
flypigAnything to add to the minutes on this? Can we move on to the next question?07:28
DrYakAlso in general, if I understand the official answer, it means that OAuth2+Microsoft isn't there yet, and I need to find some workaround way until it's there (e.g.: Office to CalDEV forwareder).07:28
DrYakThere isn't some beta version to be tested, yet.07:28
flypigDrYak, nothing available publicly, so yes, you'd need a workaround for the time being.07:29
Thaodanflypig: No there isn't anything else, unfurtonatly part of this has to happen the closed source part07:29
DrYakThank you very much for taking time to answer this topic.07:29
flypigYou're welcome, and thanks for asking it DrYak. As the answer hints, being asked about this stuff is a good motivator.07:29
flypigOkay, next question.07:30
flypig#topic Future plans for SailJail (10 mins -- asked by attah)07:30
*** sailbot changes topic to "Future plans for SailJail (10 mins -- asked by attah) (Meeting topic: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 4th August 2022)"07:30
flypig#info <attah> This springs from discussions about Storeman, but applies to all third-party apps.07:30
flypig#info <attah> What are Jolla's long term goals for GUI apps in the Jolla Store ("harbour") and outside of it (e.g., at OpenRepos or SailfishOS:Chum) WRT SailJail.07:30
flypig#info <attah> Do you plan to either enforce a proper SailJail configuration sooner or later, or to keep it optional forever (by simply deploying a [X-Sailjail] Sandboxing=Disabled in an app's .desktop file), or to take an intermediate route, e.g., by alerting users when installing apps which have opted out of sandboxing?07:30
flypigOur prepared answer:07:31
flypig#info <Jolla> First a quick recap of the current situation. Sandboxing was turned on by default for all apps in Sailfish OS 4.4.0. This means that:07:31
flypig#info <Jolla> 1. Apps with permissions specified in the desktop file are granted only those permissions.07:31
flypig#info <Jolla> 1. Apps with permissions specified in the desktop file are granted only those permissions.07:31
flypig#info <Jolla> 3. Apps can have sandboxing explicitly disabled to run in the same way they would have done before sandboxing was introduced.07:31
flypig#info <Jolla> The roadmap that brought us here was posted on the Jolla blog last year:07:31
flypig#info <Jolla> Due to the summer vacations I wasn't able to get a definitive answer, but my understanding is that there are no immediate plans for any changes to this, or for changes to the harbour requirements in relation to sandboxing.07:31
DrYakThere an error: 2. is missing, 1. got duplicated.07:31
flypigAh, thank you, that's my copy-paste error.07:31
flypigI'm not going to undo it all, I think it should make sense:07:32
flypig#info Correction:07:32
flypig#info <Jolla> 2. Apps without any permissions specified are granted a default set of permissions which are shown to the user.07:32
flypig#info <Jolla> This doesn't mean there won't be changes in the future, but that's my understanding of the current situation.07:32
flypig#info <Jolla> There may be changes to the permissions that are available (for example changes were made to allow access to the compass) or to the scope of the default sandboxing profile.07:33
attah_workWould you agree with my assessment that implementation of SailJail is "done" to the extent that was planned?07:33
flypig#info <Jolla> We have some improvements to the sandboxing documentation in the pipeline.07:33
flypigYes, I think that's a correct assessment attah_work, at least as far as I was able to find out.07:33
attah_workI.e. as opposed to that current implementation does not fulfill the goals as presented e.g. in that blog post07:34
flypigYou mean the goal that "all apps will be sandboxed".07:34
flypigThe implication there was that all apps would be sandboxed by default if they don't specify any sandboxing in the .desktop file.07:35
flypigThat's my understanding at least, and that's now the case.07:35
flypigIt was suggesting that developers need to prepare for this situation.07:36
attah_workRight, but Olf id worried that Sandboxing=Disabled would go away07:36
attah_workBut my impression is that "all apps from trusted sources" qualifies as "all" in that statement, and others can keep using that as they please07:36
abroof no. there are system apps that need that. i don't think it'll go away07:36
abrmaybe one day there'll be a warning for apps that have sandboxing disabled07:36
ThaodanI think one has to consider how sandboxing works in Sailfish OS: If an app is started through lipstick it will be started through Sailjail unless it is disabled.07:37
ThaodanIf an pp is started anyhow else there's no sandboxing.07:38
flypigattah_work, is that your/olf's preference then? For the option to remain, but with a warning to the user?07:38
attah_workI certainly prefer that07:38
abranother alternative is to create your own permission file if there's stuff you need access to that isn't covered by another permission07:38
flypigOkay, good to be aware, thanks.07:39
flypigabr, that wouldn't currently be allowed in harbour though, would it?07:39
ExTechOp"do you wish to install this application, which will run without sandboxing" seems like a nice additional feature?07:39
attah_workOlf has doubts about whether the option remaining makes the other hardening valid, and would like to not have users warned about e.g. storeman07:39
abrflypig: no, but then neither is disabled sandboxing, is it?07:40
ThaodanI don't think it is really valid that user brings up his points without talking himselves, I can't assume what a person thinks.07:40
flypigabr, I think we currently allow disabled sandboxing.07:40
ThaodanIf there's a point he should bring it up.07:40
abrreally? maybe we should indicate that on the store page too then, before they install07:41
ThaodanIn a voice that isn't so imperative.07:41
attah_workMy view is that as long as one can install custom profiles, the option should remain, because neither is "more secure" than the other07:41
flypigabr, I could be wrong. I should double check.07:41
attah_work...and i like the level of security just the way it is (+/- the warning discussed)07:41
abrthere are several apps that need it, or custom permissions. i'd prefer the latter tbh07:41
ThaodanI agree too07:42
DrYakare there people fluent with "custom persmissions" that can assist in writing thos?07:42
ThaodanIt is commen to create extra permissions.07:42
attah_workSure, custom profiles are a bit nicer, but it is not like normal users would read them07:42
ThaodanThe issue is in allowing those extra permissions.07:42
Thaodanthere isn't such a thing as custom profiles07:42
attah_workfirejail profiles - oh for sure there are07:43
Thaodanan app requests a permission and that permissions is cannonicly difened in sailjail-profiles.07:43
DrYak(My personnal example: I've quickly adapter kimmoli 's chargemon to Xperia 10iii, but that needs read access to stuff in `/sys/`. I don't know what to put in the custom profile to allow for that)07:43
attah_work...and can ship a firejail spec or whatever they are called07:44
abryeah, they'd be a bit opaque though. adding as a permission means the user sees it in the sailjail permission prompt07:44
Thaodanfirejail profiles for sure however those aren't directly used07:44
flypigWe are over time I'm afraid, have to move on. Anything to add to the minutes?07:44
abrDrYak: have a look in the other permissions for examples, though there are some paths that firejail never allows07:45
attah_workI'm good - thanks for the answer07:45
flypigThanks attah_work for the question.07:45
flypig#topic Harbor API progress (in special QtLocation) (10 mins -- asked by fridlmue)07:45
*** sailbot changes topic to "Harbor API progress (in special QtLocation) (10 mins -- asked by fridlmue) (Meeting topic: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 4th August 2022)"07:45
ThaodanIn the end we need to avoid workarounds because of firejail issues.07:45
flypigLet's pick this up again in General.07:45
flypig#info <fridlmue> There have always been some discussions about Harbour-allowed APIs in the past, recently also some changes.07:45
flypig#info <fridlmue> Also there has been a poll from Jolla some time ago.07:45
flypig#info <fridlmue> Can Jolla perhaps give a short update, if they are working actively on some of these points? (Of course those who have not been tackled yet.)07:46
flypig#info <fridlmue> My question originates from the need of implementing some relatively simple "map" view in a app showing some shapes in colors and the current position.07:46
flypig#info <fridlmue> I would love to have it Harbour-compliant and most native, but in case there will be no solution in the foreseeable time, I would need to tackle it by a leaflet in a web view or something like that (which I really don't prefer...). Interaction with the app itself will then be another challenge.07:46
flypig#info <fridlmue> On the other hand, if there is something in the pipeline (like QtLocation), it would be a wast of effort and I would wait...07:46
flypigHere's the prepared response.07:46
flypig#info <Jolla> You're correct that there have been some changes in the relatively recent past to support more APIs in harbour. The poll was useful for prioritisation and we are also always looking at ways to support more capabilities.07:46
flypig#info <Jolla> As it stands though, it's not possible to announce any plans in relation to future harbour APIs.07:46
flypig#info <Jolla> In particular in relation to QtLocation, we would recommend using an alternative mapping approach if you're planning to submit your app to the Jolla Store in the near future.07:46
flypig#info <Jolla> If this situation changes we will of course make a clear announcement in the forum.07:47
flypig#info <Jolla> We also look forward to receiving your app (maybe you could share some more details?).07:47
fridlThanks for the Answer.07:47
flypigYou're welcome. I realise it's probably not the answer you were hoping for.07:47
fridlIt is only about that I'm thinking about how to proceed with my avaRisk app.07:47
flypigAh, yes, nice app.07:48
abrrisk as in the board game?07:48
fridlNo, its about Avalanche (Risk) Bulletins. So for Winter Outdoor sports.07:48
flypigReal world physical risk!07:48
abrah. needing a real map to play Risk would have been slightly weird but awesome07:49
flypigIt's a nice idea abr :)07:49
abrbut avalanches are probably higher priority!07:50
flypigWell, hopefully not for me right now, but in general I'd agree!07:50
abrit'd be lovely to have an OSM map ui control in sfos somehow07:50
DrYakSpeaking of the prompt: it would be good if it also mentions existence of custom profile. (e.g.: WhisperFish uses one, but it's not mentioned in the warning prompt).07:50
flypigfridl, it'd be really interesting to know how you eventually decide to approach this.07:51
dryak_(^--: sorry for the out-of-sync message. lag...)07:52
fridlflypig: Probably I'll start a forum topic about it. At the moment I think about loading a leaflet in a webview, but (as I didn't check details) I have no Idea how to get information (like clicking into a region) can be fetched pack from the SFOS side.07:52
flypigNo worries dryak_07:52
fridlMaybe there are standard ways to do so, i have to read about that. Good Reads or Keywords for a search are always welcome, however.07:53
flypigI'll try to follow along with the forum topic. It sounds like an interesting exercise.07:53
flypigTwo more mins on this.07:54
fridlIMHO we can go on. Thanks!07:54
flypigOkay, great. Thank you fridl.07:54
flypig#topic Open PR discussion (10 mins -- asked by jolla)07:54
*** sailbot changes topic to "Open PR discussion (10 mins -- asked by jolla) (Meeting topic: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 4th August 2022)"07:54
flypig#info <jolla> Any open PRs to discuss or promote?07:54
flypigThis is a bit open ended here, as we didn't have any raised in advance.07:55
fridlI have only seen some open pr's in the mer-hybris project. I think some are not special SFOS PRs, so I think the people are not aware of the Meeting here ;-).07:57
flypigI guess this would be the equivalent search for mer-hybris.07:58
fridlHowever, there seems not be be a urgent need for quick reply or merge...07:58
flypigThanks for checking that fridl.07:58
Thaodan is open and required for local builds to work with newer droidmedia and no minisf start in servicemanager.rc08:00
ThaodanWe disabled the start of minisf in servicemanager.rc in recent hybris-patches.08:00
flypigThaodan, would it help for someone from the community to review that?08:01
Thaodanflypig: not exactly but since it needs to be approved by sailors.08:01
ThaodanBut it is good to raise in case a community member faces issues.08:02
abryeah, all reviews are welcome08:02
abrbut the rule is every PR needs approval from two sailors before it gets merged08:02
flypig#info Thaodan noted the following PR which may address some issues faced by community members.08:03
flypigOne more minute on this.08:04
flypigAlright, time to move on to the next then. Thanks for flagging that Thaodan.08:05
flypig#topic Untracked bug reports (10 mins -- asked by pherjung)08:05
*** sailbot changes topic to "Untracked bug reports (10 mins -- asked by pherjung) (Meeting topic: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 4th August 2022)"08:05
flypig#info <pherjung> On bug 10926, his SD card is invisible for the default (and hidden) file browser.08:05
flypig#info <pherjung> What should modified to get more logs from native file browser?08:05
flypig#info <pherjung> This section could be used to complete the official documentation.08:05
flypigThis was in relation to the Bug Coordination Team's work, so I included the bug summary in the prepared answer.08:06
flypig#info <Jolla> The Community Bug Coordination Team have done a superb job once again over the last four weeks. Here are the usual stats from their work:08:06
flypig#info <Jolla> - 13 high quality bug reports now recorded internally and tagged as "tracked".08:06
flypig#info <Jolla> - 2 bug reports marked as "pending" more info.08:06
flypig#info <Jolla> - 4 bug reports tagged as "fixed".08:06
flypig#info <Jolla> - 3 marked as duplicates and closed.08:06
flypig#info <Jolla> To move on to the question about SD card logging.08:06
flypig#info <Jolla> The code that handles enumeration of the different partitions can be found in nemo-qml-plugin-systemsettings.08:06
flypig#info <Jolla> The debug output there uses the lcMemoryCardLog logging category, which resolves to "org.sailfishos.settings.memorycard"08:07
flypig#info <Jolla> So to get more output you can activate this logging category as follows for the Settings app and hidden file browser respectively.08:07
flypig#info <Jolla> QT_LOGGING_RULES="org.sailfishos.settings.memorycard=true" sailfish-filemanager08:07
flypig#info <Jolla> QT_LOGGING_RULES="org.sailfishos.settings.memorycard=true" devel-su -p jolla-settings08:07
flypig#info <Jolla> Hopefully the output from this may help the user get to the bottom of the issue.08:07
flypigIf anyone else has suggestions for how to debug SD card issues, than it would be good to know.08:07
Thaodanone can run jolla-settings in gdb08:08
Thaodanmake sure to install debug symbols for nemo-qml-plugin-settings.08:08
flypigCould you elaborate Thaodan? What would you look for? Or step through?08:09
abryou can also add that logging to /usr/share/qt5/qtlogging.ini08:11
flypigI think these deserve to go in the minutes.08:11
Thaodanthe file you linked above and
flypig#info <Thaodan> one can run jolla-settings in gdb. make sure to install debug symbols for nemo-qml-plugin-settings.08:11
Thaodanabr: Just use export08:11
Thaodanthat's easier08:11
abri disagree. with qtlogging it affect the whole system, so you can use the launchers08:12
flypig#info Thaodan suggested to step through the methods in
flypig#info <abr> you can also add that logging to /usr/share/qt5/qtlogging.ini08:12
abrediting a text file is pretty easy ;)08:12
ThaodanI implemented the refactored udisks2 support together with raine doing some refactorring on top.08:12
abrone thing - i've always appended .debug to those logging rules, which enables the QCDebug output. I didn't know it worked without that08:13
Thaodanabr: the issue is that in journal the messages will be lost if not making jour to only log jolla-settings.08:13
Thaodanjournalctl -f /usr/bin/jolla-settings08:13
abryou can filter08:13
Thaodanabr: That's what I said08:14
flypigabr, it seems the .debug isn't needed, as long as you don't want to change the verbosity.08:15
abrok, so all logging is disabled in the settings app, and that rule enables up to warnings?08:15
flypigabr, not for everything: only for memory card related output.08:15
abrok cool08:16
Thaodanthose are mostly debug stuff08:16
Thaodanudisks2 can be quite verbose08:16
flypigHopefully this discussion will be useful for pherjung/kan_ibal when they look at the log. But time to move to general now.08:17
flypig#topic General discussion (10 min)08:17
*** sailbot changes topic to "General discussion (10 min) (Meeting topic: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 4th August 2022)"08:17
ExTechOpAnyone else seen this happen: 10III crashes with beep when plugged into docking station
Thaodan(ok it's warning but most stuff is more debug output)08:17
flypigNote: OOnly 10 mins on general because we had a lot of questions08:18
piggzgeneral q ....  can porters get the 10ii volte rpm's for testing on ports?08:18
flypigExTechOp, that sounds dramatic. I've not experienced that.08:19
flypigExTechOp, so the defining factor that the docking station is attached to a display?08:19
Thaodanpiggz: I think those packages could be moved to hw-common and than used by porters08:20
abrpiggz: not officially right now. it'd be nice to get it in hw-common at some point when it's stable.08:20
ExTechOpflypig As noted, it seems to depend on having a display connected to the docking station, and having had a computer use that display. If you unplug the display and/or have power cycled the docking station nothing happens and the phone happily charges from the USB-C.08:20
ThaodanHowever I'm not the one who decides that08:20
Thaodantecnially there's no issue there from my pov.08:21
ExTechOpSo there is some kind of state information about the display mode or something like that stored in the docking station.08:21
ExTechOpAnd this also seems to apply to displays with power delivery available.08:22
abrusb seems to be a bit crashy on the sonys. do usb keyboards still cause a similar reaction?08:22
abrwould be good to see if it happens with sony aosp too - then it could be reported upstream?08:23
ExTechOpabr No. It does seem take a surprisingly long time before the keyboard is detected by SFOS, like several seconds.08:23
abror was it when the keyboard was unplugged?08:23
attah_workKeyboard unplug used to crash... doesn't on the latest model(s)08:25
ThaodanI think that was any issue on the Xperia 10.08:26
ThaodanI had the same issue every time I removed my usb-otg device while refacotring the exernal storage ui..08:26
ExTechOpI've tested this mostly on my the typical "work from home" setup where I have the docking station with hardware attached (power, display, ethernet, USB devices like keyboard, mouse, camera) and a spot on the table for a laptop.08:27
ExTechOpIt's also a convenient location to charge a phone when I don't have the laptop there, and has worked fine for the Xperia 10II, but occasionally crashes the 10III.08:27
piggzabr: part of making "stable" would be testing on other device right?08:27
ThaodanIt sounds like a kernel issues.08:27
ExTechOpThe Drama is great when the phone dies screaming :-D08:28
Thaodanpiggz: Yes I would say so. Other Sony's work without modifications, only newer devices could be an issue.08:28
flypigWe're hitting time here I'm afraid. Anything to add to the minutes on these topics?08:28
abrpiggz: eventually :)08:28
Thaodanflypig, piggz: volte to hw-common maybe?08:28
ExTechOpAnother one is a small ActiveSync issue:
abrmight be better to make the packages a bit more generic before they're moved. maybe merge the activation logic together in one.08:29
flypig#info piggz requested that 10ii VoLTE rpms be moved to hw-common for use by porters.08:29
Thaodanflypig: I wouldn't say just 10II, 10 III would make sense to08:30
flypigExTechOp, it's possible we have an internal report about that. I'll check and tie them together if we do.08:30
ExTechOpflypig Thanks!08:30
flypig#info Thaodan noted that this should be considered for the 10 III rpms too.08:31
flypig#action flypig to check internal bug reports for
flypigAlright, it's time to wrap up I'm afraid.08:32
flypig#topic Next meeting time and date (5 min)08:32
*** sailbot changes topic to "Next meeting time and date (5 min) (Meeting topic: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 4th August 2022)"08:32
flypigProposing Thursday 18th August at 07:00am UTC08:32
piggzmy anniversary, and holiday time :D08:32
piggzill be in majorca08:32
flypigBig celebrations in the piggz camp :D Congratulations in advance :)08:32
ExTechOpHave fun, but this date does work for me.08:32
dryak_ Enjoy the holiday!08:33
fridlThanks to all!08:33
flypigAlright, let's go with that (sorry piggz, but I'm sure you'll be thinking about other things!)08:33
flypig#info Next meeting will be held on Thursday 18th August 2022 at 07:00am UTC: 2022-08-18T0700Z08:33
abrhe'll be logging in from the beach :)08:34
flypigWe'll have to make a note if he does!08:34
flypigThanks all for the nice meeting discussion.08:34
sailbotMeeting ended Thu Aug  4 08:34:28 2022 UTC.08:34
sailbot Minutes:
sailbot Minutes (text):
sailbot Log:
*** sailbot changes topic to "Next meeting will be held on Thursday 4th August 2022 at 07:00am UTC. Topics can be made/read here:"08:34
abrfor anniversary congrats on irc08:34
ExTechOpThanks, everyone!08:34
Crabsterthx 2 #?08:35
dryak_Thanks, bye!08:35
*** ChanServ changes topic to "Next meeting will be held on Thursday 18th August 2022 at 07:00am UTC. Topics can be made/read here:"08:37

Generated by 2.17.1 by Marius Gedminas - find it at!