#mer-meeting: SailfishOS, open source, collaboration: 16-December @ 15:00 UTC

Meeting started by iekku at 15:01:42 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

    1. Welcome to another week of SailfishOS OSS and collaboration meeting (iekku, 15:02:02)
    2. Meeting info and agenda: http://lists.sailfishos.org/pipermail/devel/2014-December/005398.html (iekku, 15:02:44)

  1. Brief introductions (5 min), prefix your information with #info (iekku, 15:03:08)
    1. Iekku Pylkk�, developer community sailor, having chair hat until cybette comes (iekku, 15:03:55)
    2. Eric Le Roux, TJC & Bz admin @ Jolla (eleroux, 15:04:03)
    3. Martin Kolman, community member, modRana developer (M4rtinK, 15:04:58)
    4. Filip Matijević, community (filippz, 15:05:31)
    5. Simonas Leleiva, community sailor, sailfishos for everyone (sf on android devices) (sledges, 15:05:42)
    6. Steph Gosling community (stephg, 15:05:46)
    7. Lucien Xu, community member, developer / hacker for SFOS (SK_work, 15:05:53)
    8. Harri Hakulinen, Sailor @ Jolla (harha1, 15:08:40)
    9. Carol Chen, community chief @ jolla, breathless chair today from running here (cybette, 15:08:50)

  2. Status of Sailfish.Pickers and Sailfish.Media qml imports - MartinK on behalf of lukedirtwalker (10 min) (cybette, 15:10:54)
    1. Asking the status of the 2 qml imports, Sailfish.Pickers and Sailfish.Media: will they ever be allowed in harbour? If yes is there a rough Timeframe? (cybette, 15:12:54)
    2. not much plans at the moment, and so no timeframe yet (cybette, 15:20:52)
    3. ACTION: kontio to create bugs internally to discuss them (cybette, 15:21:25)
    4. M4rtinK also asked about QtPositioning import to be added (cybette, 15:26:21)

  3. The availability of the use of Jollas configuration files in other projects - Aleksi Suomalainen (15 min) (cybette, 15:28:32)
    1. Working on nemo brought up the observation that default settings for each package which could be included in the package itself are not handled this way at the moment. Question of why there's jolla-common-configuartions package instead of maintaining default settings packages for non-Jolla/device specific cases (cybette, 15:35:20)
    2. < filippz> ^OK, for now we'll make PR's where we can, and I hope that sailors can keep those defaults updated where it is sensible to do so (cybette, 15:44:00)

  4. General discussions - everyone (10 min) (cybette, 15:45:41)
    1. ACTION: eleroux to create a poll for community meeting time on TJC (start of next year) (cybette, 15:51:21)
    2. One way of helping, Community member needed to help with Browser: to write Browser bugs down from TJC to https://github.com/sailfishos/sailfish-browser/issues (cybette, 15:53:55)
    3. If you need help on how to make a report, ping iekku (cybette, 15:54:14)

  5. Wrap up and next meeting (5 min) (cybette, 15:57:14)
    1. Next meeting Wed 7-Jan-2015 @15:00 UTC, Chairperson cybette (unless someone else volunteers) (cybette, 16:03:59)

Meeting ended at 16:04:41 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. kontio to create bugs internally to discuss them
  2. eleroux to create a poll for community meeting time on TJC (start of next year)

Action items, by person

  1. eleroux
    1. eleroux to create a poll for community meeting time on TJC (start of next year)

People present (lines said)

  1. cybette (56)
  2. iekku (31)
  3. M4rtinK (26)
  4. filippz (15)
  5. stephg (15)
  6. phaeron (11)
  7. eleroux (9)
  8. sledges (9)
  9. SK_work (8)
  10. kontio_ (7)
  11. Merbot (5)
  12. harha1 (1)

Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.