#mer-meeting: SailfishOS, open source, collaboration: 3 December @ 14:30 UTC

Meeting started by Stskeeps at 14:30:37 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

    1. Welcome to another week of SailfishOS OSS and collaboration meeting (Stskeeps, 14:30:41)
    2. Agenda at https://lists.sailfishos.org/pipermail/devel/2015-December/006784.html (Stskeeps, 14:30:48)

  1. Brief introductions (5 min), prefix your information with #info (Stskeeps, 14:30:51)
    1. Carsten Munk, community member (Stskeeps, 14:30:56)
    2. Lewis Rockliffe, community member (r0kk3rz, 14:31:14)
    3. Christophe Chapuis, community member (Tofe, 14:31:18)
    4. Carol Chen, community member (cybette, 14:31:19)
    5. Aleksi Suomalainen, community member (locusf, 14:31:20)
    6. Martin Brook, community (vgrade, 14:31:26)
    7. Tommi Keisala, community member (JvD__, 14:31:28)
    8. Martin Ebnoether, community member (Venty, 14:31:37)
    9. Stefan Brand, community member (seiichiro0185, 14:31:39)
    10. John Pietrzak, community member (Copernicus, 14:31:52)
    11. Julius-Paul Jann, community (Nokius_work, 14:31:55)
    12. tortoisedoc community member, developer (tortoisedoc, 14:32:01)
    13. dirkvl, community member (dirkvl, 14:32:23)
    14. Vesa-Matti Hartikainen, Jolla, SW Program Manager (veskuh_, 14:32:24)
    15. Jakub K., community member (nodevel, 14:32:51)
    16. Mike Gabriel, community, Qt and Debian developer (sunweaver, 14:33:25)
    17. kimmo lindholm, community (kimmoli, 14:34:51)
    18. iekku pylkk´┐Ż, community (iekku, 14:34:55)

  2. Jolla open sourcing update / company update (tortoisedoc) (20 minutes) (Stskeeps, 14:35:03)
    1. "what are the main difficulties internally against open sourcing? What is the current emergency status @ jolla (in colors only: green/yellow/orange/red, with green = OK red = KO; details of course welcomed but not mandatory for obvious reasons)?" (Stskeeps, 14:35:14)
    2. Internally in RnD we mostly worry about practical issues. How to ensure the quality of contributions, both in terms of code and user experience. (veskuh_, 14:37:14)
    3. How to have proper guidelines and process in place, how to keep release schedules and have proper platform development kits for community. (veskuh_, 14:37:27)
    4. How to do customer specific features, and new devices in open setup without leaking information that is not yet public. (veskuh_, 14:37:49)
    5. On the business side, the issues are mainly related to discussions with potential investors, licensees, and partners. (veskuh_, 14:39:05)
    6. Some investors and partners understand how open source is beneficial to the company, but some potential licensees or investors would see open source as something that cannot be monetized (veskuh_, 14:39:49)
    7. Jolla is in restructuring mode, where we are having minimal crew, but allmost all operations are still ongoing. (veskuh_, 14:48:55)
    8. harbout and care queues are long but still worked on (veskuh_, 14:49:21)
    9. harbour queue is long but still being worked on (veskuh_, 14:50:33)
    10. RnD is working. 2.0.1 release is quite close, but due to lack of people unclear how soon we can get it out. There is work ongoing to following releases too. (veskuh_, 14:50:52)
    11. Shop is still up and running and selling Jollas (veskuh_, 14:51:07)
    12. Business people are talking with potential investors and licensees (veskuh_, 14:51:20)
    13. http://postandparcel.info/69718/news/finlands-postal-strike-update/ , but unsure if this is related to shipments or not (Stskeeps, 14:54:16)

  3. General discussions - everyone (10 min) (Stskeeps, 14:56:03)
  4. Wrap up and next meeting (10 min) (Stskeeps, 15:05:49)
    1. cybette chairs next week (Stskeeps, 15:06:43)
    2. next meeting wednesday 9th (Stskeeps, 15:08:39)
    3. 14.30 UTC (Stskeeps, 15:08:45)


Meeting ended at 15:09:51 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. (none)


People present (lines said)

  1. veskuh_ (39)
  2. Stskeeps (32)
  3. tortoisedoc (29)
  4. r0kk3rz (13)
  5. sunweaver (10)
  6. Venty (8)
  7. mhall119 (8)
  8. M4rtinK (8)
  9. cybette (7)
  10. dr_gogeta86 (7)
  11. iekku (4)
  12. Tofe (4)
  13. vgrade (3)
  14. stephg (3)
  15. merbot (2)
  16. hge (2)
  17. dirkvl (2)
  18. andybranson (2)
  19. Coolgeek (2)
  20. Copernicus (1)
  21. kimmoli (1)
  22. Nokius_work (1)
  23. nodevel (1)
  24. JvD__ (1)
  25. seiichiro0185 (1)
  26. locusf (1)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.