#sailfishos-meeting: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- October 29, 2026

Meeting started by rainemak at 17:00:09 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

    1. Meeting information and agenda can be found here: (rainemak, 17:00:10)
    2. https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/35051 (rainemak, 17:00:10)

  1. Brief introduction (5 min). Please prefix your name/handle with #info (rainemak, 17:00:11)
    1. Raine Mäkeläinen, Jolla (rainemak, 17:00:13)
    2. Otto Mäkelä, community (extechop[m], 17:00:22)
    3. Ville Nummela, community (ViGe, 17:00:28)
    4. Balázs Szulovszky, community (usbee, 17:00:37)
    5. yusssufff, community (yusssufff, 17:00:50)
    6. CLMA31, community (CLMA31[m], 17:02:17)
    7. poetaster community (poetaster, 17:02:46)
    8. mal, Jolla (mal, 17:03:14)
    9. zhasha, community (zhasha, 17:03:22)

  2. Tracking of non-resolved Community Meeting topics (rainemak, 17:05:18)
    1. ACTION: Community task board (rainemak, 17:05:18)
    2. https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/community-meeting-on-23rd-april-2026/29030/3 (rainemak, 17:05:18)
    3. ACTION: Jolla to update regarding recommended charging cables and chargers. (rainemak, 17:05:18)
    4. https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/community-meeting-on-7th-may-2026/29253/2 (rainemak, 17:05:18)
    5. ACTION: The Privacy Switch in relation to Ambiances (rainemak, 17:05:19)
    6. https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/community-meeting-on-july-16-2026/30378/7 (rainemak, 17:05:21)
    7. No actions taken yet regarding community task board nor charger / cables. (rainemak, 17:05:23)

  3. Let’s talk about PIM capabilities. (15 mins -- usbee) (rainemak, 17:06:38)
    1. <usbee> It is a bit complex topic but I feel like they are heavily (rainemak, 17:06:38)
    2. <usbee> connected and it is worth to discuss it as a whole package. (rainemak, 17:06:38)
    3. <usbee> Supporting Oauth doesn’t work by most providers. As a result it is (rainemak, 17:06:39)
    4. <usbee> not possible to sync IMAP, CalDAV and CardDAV inside a singular (rainemak, 17:06:40)
    5. <usbee> account. So setting up Fastmail for example needs to be done 3 (rainemak, 17:06:42)
    6. <usbee> times as 3 separated entries. Also syncing notes and todos is not (rainemak, 17:06:44)
    7. <usbee> possible at all. Even so there is no ToDo app as part of Sailfish (rainemak, 17:06:46)
    8. <usbee> OS. There is a notes app but it only works as an offline local (rainemak, 17:06:48)
    9. <usbee> app. There should be an option besides generic IMAP and generic (rainemak, 17:06:50)
    10. <usbee> CalDAV/CardDAV accounts for generic Oauth accounts too. I do (rainemak, 17:06:52)
    11. <usbee> believe that this set of features is essential on a phone to be (rainemak, 17:06:54)
    12. <usbee> able to use it as a PIM device so having a consideration and a (rainemak, 17:06:56)
    13. <usbee> timeline for it would already be a great thing. (rainemak, 17:06:58)
    14. <Jolla> Thank you, let's have an open discussion. (rainemak, 17:07:00)

  4. Is it time to tell us about Jolla’s plans to update QT? (10 mins -- PeegeeTips) (rainemak, 17:20:54)
    1. <PeegeeTips> The topic itself is not new; we all know that QT5.6 is (rainemak, 17:20:54)
    2. <PeegeeTips> completely obsolete and that there are ‘reasons’ why Jolla (rainemak, 17:20:54)
    3. <PeegeeTips> hasn’t redeveloped components like silica using a current (rainemak, 17:20:54)
    4. <PeegeeTips> version of QT6. To a degree this didn’t matter as long as (rainemak, 17:20:54)
    5. <PeegeeTips> Jolla (and SailfishOS!) was on life support still eking out (rainemak, 17:20:55)
    6. <PeegeeTips> an occasional minor update on the aging Xperia 10 hardware, (rainemak, 17:20:57)
    7. <PeegeeTips> but this is not where we are now... Right now, we’re all in the (rainemak, 17:20:59)
    8. <PeegeeTips> happy position of looking back at a successful launch of new (rainemak, 17:21:01)
    9. <PeegeeTips> Jolla hardware, so I am being forced to look forward to (rainemak, 17:21:03)
    10. <PeegeeTips> consider what a healthy SailfishOS ecosystem look like? I (rainemak, 17:21:05)
    11. <PeegeeTips> don’t believe that looks like asking prospective app (rainemak, 17:21:07)
    12. <PeegeeTips> developers in 2027 to get excited about using an obsolete GUI (rainemak, 17:21:11)
    13. <PeegeeTips> toolkit from eleven years ago. One that bears little relation (rainemak, 17:21:13)
    14. <PeegeeTips> to tooling used right now to create their desktop and desktop (rainemak, 17:21:15)
    15. <PeegeeTips> apps. So, what’s the plan? Update QT6 / Adopt GTK / Something (rainemak, 17:21:17)
    16. <PeegeeTips> else... (rainemak, 17:21:19)
    17. <Jolla> We update when we have something to update, sorry. Last time we (rainemak, 17:21:21)
    18. <Jolla> discussed about PWAs. I'd proposed that we would use this topic to (rainemak, 17:21:23)
    19. <Jolla> discuss about potential toolkits. What other toolkits would you (rainemak, 17:21:25)
    20. <Jolla> like to see? (rainemak, 17:21:27)
    21. https://github.com/mrcyjanek/flutter-sailfishos (poetaster, 17:29:35)

  5. Softening a specific Harbour restriction (10 mins -- yusssufff) (rainemak, 17:34:51)
    1. <yusssufff> Add a “call” class to classify streams. Until now only the (rainemak, 17:34:51)
    2. <yusssufff> game and player call are available: Specifically, currently (rainemak, 17:34:51)
    3. <yusssufff> libaudioresource only offers player and game. A call type in (rainemak, 17:34:51)
    4. <yusssufff> libaudioresource should help any store app doing voice or (rainemak, 17:34:51)
    5. <yusssufff> video calls. (rainemak, 17:34:53)
    6. <yusssufff> (rainemak, 17:34:54)
    7. <yusssufff> Devs are working on getting video calls to work with the (rainemak, 17:34:56)
    8. <yusssufff> native telegram’s client Fernschreiber. There is a will to (rainemak, 17:34:58)
    9. <yusssufff> have the calls and video calls done in a Harbour-compatible (rainemak, 17:35:00)
    10. <yusssufff> way. They identified that to be published in Harbour, the (rainemak, 17:35:02)
    11. <yusssufff> “call” class should be available in libaudioresource. You can (rainemak, 17:35:04)
    12. <yusssufff> dig in here: Add Telegram voice & video calls (tgcalls + (rainemak, 17:35:06)
    13. <yusssufff> tg_owt) by JimKnopfIoT · Pull Request #583 · Wunderfitz (rainemak, 17:35:10)
    14. <yusssufff> /harbour-fernschreiber · GitHub (rainemak, 17:35:12)
    15. https://github.com/Wunderfitz/harbour-fernschreiber/pull/583#issuecomment-6254871945 (rainemak, 17:35:14)
    16. <Jolla> This is a rather broad topic. Raising a "call" class is not (rainemak, 17:35:16)
    17. <Jolla> necessarily good way to approach this problem statement whilst (rainemak, 17:35:18)
    18. <Jolla> "call" policy could be one. We should instead talk about what's (rainemak, 17:35:20)
    19. <Jolla> missing from the Harbour so that it'd be more attractive for (rainemak, 17:35:22)
    20. <Jolla> developer, users and at the same time it would be a trusted source (rainemak, 17:35:24)
    21. <Jolla> for app installation. (rainemak, 17:35:26)
    22. <Jolla> (rainemak, 17:35:28)
    23. <Jolla> Please also note that this kind of changes tend to take time (rainemak, 17:35:30)
    24. <Jolla> whilst being important item. (rainemak, 17:35:32)
    25. ACTION: Jolla to check whether "call" or similar could be allowed in Harbour (rainemak, 17:47:19)

  6. Getting the community work on the Xperia 10 V’s cameras merged in @Jolla ‘s build (5mins – yusssufff) (rainemak, 17:48:29)
    1. <yusssufff> Devs are working on getting Xperia 10 V Camera’s to work with (rainemak, 17:48:29)
    2. <yusssufff> the blobs version 4b. Most of the work actually doesnt imply (rainemak, 17:48:29)
    3. <yusssufff> messing with the binaries themselves (exept eventually for (rainemak, 17:48:29)
    4. <yusssufff> telephoto aka 0.6, but telephoto could be left on the side, as (rainemak, 17:48:29)
    5. <yusssufff> quite a non-essencial lense). Could @mal maybe have a look at (rainemak, 17:48:31)
    6. <yusssufff> incorporating that work into the official build? Even fast, as (rainemak, 17:48:33)
    7. <yusssufff> a quick hotfix for the 5.2 release? Having cameras now working (rainemak, 17:48:35)
    8. <yusssufff> on the 10 V would makes a huge instant change in usability, (rainemak, 17:48:37)
    9. <yusssufff> therefore the faster the better... Here is the link of the (rainemak, 17:48:41)
    10. <yusssufff> community work: [GUIDE] How to enable all cameras on Xperia 10V (rainemak, 17:48:43)
    11. https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/guide-how-to-enable-all-cameras-on-xperia-10-v/35267 (rainemak, 17:48:45)
    12. https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/xperia-10-v-zambezi-enabling-all-cameras-hardware-video-on-sailfish-os/35811 (rainemak, 17:48:47)
    13. <Jolla> At some point we could look it this. Meanwhile, you can certainly (rainemak, 17:48:50)
    14. <Jolla> contribute back. We are very much busy with Sailfish OS 5.3, Jolla (rainemak, 17:48:52)
    15. <Jolla> Phone and Commodore Callback. (rainemak, 17:48:54)

  7. Xperia 10 V (5.1.0.11) – community fixes for SIM loss after boot, slow boot, mic and fingerprint (10mins – Parth007) (rainemak, 17:56:42)
    1. <Parth007> I’ve been debugging the Xperia 10 V on 5.1.0.11 and have (rainemak, 17:56:43)
    2. <Parth007> working fixes, all in one package: (rainemak, 17:56:43)
    3. https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/guide-xperia-10-v-faster-boot-mic-sim-recovery-fingerprint/35340 (rainemak, 17:56:43)
    4. <Parth007> (rainemak, 17:56:43)
    5. <Parth007> 1. “No SIM card” after some boots: ofono crashes (SIGSEGV) ~60 (rainemak, 17:56:45)
    6. <Parth007> s after boot during SIM setup, right after “session_read_info (rainemak, 17:56:47)
    7. <Parth007> not implemented”. The restarted ofono sends setRadioPower 0 (rainemak, 17:56:49)
    8. <Parth007> while the SIM is already active, so the modem powers the card (rainemak, 17:56:51)
    9. <Parth007> down (uim POWER_DOWN, card error 0x17). Restarting only the RIL (rainemak, 17:56:53)
    10. <Parth007> (vendor.qcrilNrd / qcrilNrd2) brings the SIM back; I use an (rainemak, 17:56:55)
    11. <Parth007> automatic watcher for that now. ofono also segfaults when (rainemak, 17:56:57)
    12. <Parth007> simply restarted. Is this known, and can it be fixed in ofono / (rainemak, 17:56:59)
    13. <Parth007> ofono-binder? (rainemak, 17:57:01)
    14. <Parth007> (rainemak, 17:57:03)
    15. <Parth007> 2. Slow boot: bluebinder.service is Type=notify, so boot waits (rainemak, 17:57:05)
    16. <Parth007> for Bluetooth, and the BT HAL often fails chip init at boot. (rainemak, 17:57:07)
    17. <Parth007> Making bluebinder non-blocking cut a full reboot from 4:02 to (rainemak, 17:57:11)
    18. <Parth007> 2:23. Could this go into the 10 V adaptation? (rainemak, 17:57:13)
    19. <Parth007> (rainemak, 17:57:15)
    20. <Parth007> 3. Mic: primary_audio_policy_configuration.xml only allows 24 (rainemak, 17:57:17)
    21. <Parth007> -bit for “primary input”. A 16-bit recording makes pulseaudio (rainemak, 17:57:19)
    22. <Parth007> -modules-droid loop until RLIMIT_RTTIME kills PulseAudio, (rainemak, 17:57:21)
    23. <Parth007> giving quiet or broken recordings and no sound until reboot. (rainemak, 17:57:23)
    24. <Parth007> Adding a 16-bit profile (plus +12 dB gain) fixes it. Can this (rainemak, 17:57:25)
    25. <Parth007> be shipped? (rainemak, 17:57:27)
    26. <Parth007> (rainemak, 17:57:29)
    27. <Parth007> 4. Fingerprint: the open-source HAL fails (“SetDataPath failed (rainemak, 17:57:31)
    28. <Parth007> rc=1”) with the current egisap TA. Sony’s stock HAL plus a (rainemak, 17:57:33)
    29. <Parth007> small shim to the et51x driver works (enrol, unlock, survives (rainemak, 17:57:35)
    30. <Parth007> reboot). Is official fingerprint support planned for the 10 V? (rainemak, 17:57:37)
    31. <Jolla> Thank you for your questions. Quite a technical set of questions. (rainemak, 17:57:41)
    32. <Jolla> Let's hope that we have somebody from Jolla for this. There looks (rainemak, 17:57:43)
    33. <Jolla> to be good pointers. (rainemak, 17:57:45)

  8. Open Pull Requests (PRs) to discussion (5 mins -- asked by Jolla) (rainemak, 18:08:39)
    1. https://github.com/sailfishos/sdk-harbour-rpmvalidator/pull/189 (ViGe, 18:08:56)

  9. General discussion (10 mins) (rainemak, 18:14:42)
    1. https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/roadshow-community-meeting-stockholm-oct-22/34246 (rainemak, 18:14:42)

  10. Next meeting time and date (2 mins) (rainemak, 18:24:10)
    1. Next meeting will be held on Thursday November 12, 2026 at 05:00pm UTC: 2026-11-12T1700Z (rainemak, 18:26:07)


Meeting ended at 18:26:16 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. Community task board
  2. Jolla to update regarding recommended charging cables and chargers.
  3. The Privacy Switch in relation to Ambiances
  4. Jolla to check whether "call" or similar could be allowed in Harbour


People present (lines said)

  1. rainemak (192)
  2. usbee (40)
  3. poetaster (33)
  4. yusssufff (20)
  5. mal (19)
  6. CLMA31[m] (17)
  7. extechop[m] (6)
  8. ViGe (4)
  9. zhasha (4)
  10. Keto (3)
  11. sailbot (2)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.