Thursday, 2023-11-09

rainemakgood morning07:56
ExTechOpGood Morning, everyone!07:59
rainemak#startmeeting Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 9th Nov 202308:00
sailbotMeeting started Thu Nov  9 08:00:04 2023 UTC. The chair is rainemak. Information about MeetBot at
sailbotUseful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.08:00
rainemak#info Meeting information and agenda can be found here:08:00
rainemakI am the meeting's chairperson today, and will be doing my best to keep time and order. Please respect the timings and bee-hive.08:00
rainemak#topic Brief introduction (5 min). Please prefix your name/handle with #info08:00
*** sailbot changes topic to " (Meeting topic: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 9th Nov 2023)"08:00
*** sailbot changes topic to "Brief introduction (5 min). Please prefix your name/handle with #info (Meeting topic: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 9th Nov 2023)"08:00
rainemak#info Raine Mäkeläinen, sailor @ Jolla, chairperson today08:00
ExTechOp#info Otto Mäkelä, community08:00
Crabster#info Crabster - lurker08:01
flypig#info David Llewellyn-Jones, community08:02
dr4Ke#info dr4Ke, community08:03
Nico#info Nico, community08:04
rainemaklet's move to the first topic08:05
rainemak#topic Add a new tag not-reproducible to the category bug reports (5mins -- asked by pherjung)08:05
*** sailbot changes topic to "Add a new tag not-reproducible to the category bug reports (5mins -- asked by pherjung) (Meeting topic: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 9th Nov 2023)"08:05
rainemak#info <pherjung> Some details about the topic: Some bug reports are well written08:05
rainemak#info <pherjung> and easily reproducible, but only with specific conditions. Until08:05
rainemak#info <pherjung> these conditions are found, such a tag would be a nice to have.08:05
rainemak#info <Jolla> Thank you for this suggestion. This is sounds like a good idea.08:05
rainemak#info <Jolla> Are there other tags that we should add?08:05
rainemakI think tag should be called 'non-reproducible'. How does that sound like?08:05
NicoWell, it is reproducible apparently, so something like "rare" or so maybe would fit more, but it doesn't sound like a bug only tag :D08:07
rainemakI'm not sure but those discourse tags might be bound to categories. But you're right.08:07
rainemakImo, rare is not same non-reproducible => both could be added08:08
NicoI think some github repos use some prefix + uncommon08:08
rainemakuncommon is not bad either08:08
rainemakinstead of rare08:08
NicoYeah, I think it sounds better08:09
NicoAnd it is not like tags are that expensive to maintain, I'd say08:09
NicoThank you :)08:09
rainemakshould we add then 'uncommon' and 'non-reproducible'08:09
NicoI'd say that sounds good :)08:09
rainemakIndeed, we can adjust them as we go08:10
rainemak#action Add 'uncommon' and 'non-reproducible' tags for bug category (on the forum)08:10
rainemaklet's move on08:10
rainemak#topic Open PR discussion (10 mins -- asked by jolla)08:10
*** sailbot changes topic to "Open PR discussion (10 mins -- asked by jolla) (Meeting topic: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 9th Nov 2023)"08:10
rainemak#info <Jolla> Any open PRs to discuss?08:11
Nicoflypig, do you have anything?08:11
NicoOtherwise looking at the attendance it looks unlikely :D08:12
rainemakYou're right08:12
rainemakThere's no need to have 10min slot for this today08:12
rainemakit seems08:12
flypigSorry, I was distracted :) No I don't have anything to mention.08:13
flypigdcaliste is usually on top of this, but I think isn't joining today.08:13
NicoThen let's move on, I guess :308:13
rainemak#topic Untracked bug reports (5 min -- asked by pherjung)08:14
rainemak#info <pherjung> Untracked bug reports08:14
*** sailbot changes topic to "Untracked bug reports (5 min -- asked by pherjung) (Meeting topic: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 9th Nov 2023)"08:14
rainemak#info <Jolla> As always, the Community Bug Coordination Team have done a superb job.08:14
rainemak#info <Jolla> As a result of their work, we now have:08:14
rainemak#info <Jolla> 7 high quality bug reports now recorded internally and tagged as "tracked".08:14
rainemak#info <Jolla> 3 report is still under investigation.08:14
rainemakbtw, should also have 'needinfo' tag08:15
NicoSounds good :D08:15
NicoAll the tags!08:15
flypigSome "good" bugs in that list, it would be nice to have fixes for.08:15
flypigNice work as always.08:16
rainemak'uncommon', 'non-reproducible' and 'needinfo'08:16
NicoClearly it should be "needsinfo"08:16
* Nico starts bikeshedding08:16
flypigWhat is bikeshedding?08:16
rainemak#action Add 'uncommon', 'non-reproducible', 'needinfo' tags for bug category (on the forum)08:17
rainemaklet's move on08:17
NicoWhen you argue about the color of the bike shed instead of more important things08:17
rainemak#topic General discussion (5 min)08:17
*** sailbot changes topic to "General discussion (5 min) (Meeting topic: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 9th Nov 2023)"08:17
flypigHaha. Thanks Nico :)08:17
NicoBecause the other things are harder to argue about, but everyone has opinions about the color08:17
rainemakflypig, great work once again with esr9108:17
NicoOh yeah, congrats on getting a picture out!08:17
NicoIt was a long and interesting ride!08:18
flypigThanks rainemak. I was happy to get a picture, but there's still a lot more to do though :)08:18
rainemakhopefully, embedlite-components fixing would be enough to get touch working08:18
flypigThanks Nico too.08:18
flypigrainemak, yes, I'm hoping you're right. There are a lot of errors from the JavaScript parts, so fixing those will surely help (and be necessary).08:18
rainemakflypig, yeap, indeed there are but this is a good milestone08:18
flypigI'm really keen to get the changes into the Jolla repos though. Is that doable?08:19
NicoAt least you are now not working completely in the dark :308:19
rainemakand in any case those needs to be fixed as that's the glue between user interface and the engine08:19
flypigNico, exactly, that makes a huge difference.08:19
flypigrainemak, indeed!08:19
rainemakI created sailfishos-esr91 branches some time back already for each repository08:20
flypigThanks rainemak. So I should create a PR into them?08:20
rainemakplease, create PRs for them08:20
flypigWhat to do about the changes in the gecko-mirror repo though?08:20
flypigTurn them into patches already?08:20
flypig(I'd prefer not to, but the mirror should be a mirror, right?)08:20
rainemakI think that's the only feasible way08:21
rainemakit's only git am --3way away from being the same08:21
rainemakeven --3way is not needed when they are all clean08:21
rainemakand your own clone can contain patches applied08:22
NicoMaybe it is a good time to now find at least some patches that are obviously correct and part them out and keep the other stuff still in your gecko branch for now?08:22
flypigYeah, it'll need some work and thought, because some patches are spread across multiple commits currently. I just need to put the time in.08:23
rainemakworth noting that sailfishos-esr91 branches can be considered as work-in-progress branches08:23
ExTechOpBy the way, have people been bothered with the "sounds disappear" bug, since I noticed that I haven't seen it for a while?
NicoNo, my sounds has been very solid recently08:23
flypigYes, I've not experienced this either I'm afraid.08:24
NicoOtoh, I also drowned my 10 II and am on a 10 III now :D08:24
flypigDrowned?! I thought the 10 II was waterproof (in practice, but not on paper).08:25
ExTechOpAnother question, do we expect the echo cancellation on Xperia 10 III to be fixed any time soon, I'm getting tired of needing headphones to use it?08:25
rainemakI think it's on sony's side. So, I have my doubts.08:26
Nicoflypig, it had a tiny hair crack in the screen and then I got into a bad thunderstorm with hail and lots of water on top of a mountain between Austria and Italy and it then got a blue screen and then a black screen :D08:26
NicoPossibly fixable, but had no time for that yet08:26
ExTechOpNico A heroic death for a phone.08:26
flypigOh dear :( You clearly give your phone a bit of a workout!08:27
NicoIt helped me out a lot, so it will be remembered dearly :308:27
rainemaklet's schedule next meeting... next08:27
NicoBut also it was a nice digital detox for the rest of the journey :D08:27
flypigI hope you weren't relying on it to get you down the mountain again?08:27
NicoWell, kinda, but Mountains have the nice property, that the way down is usually indicated by a decline08:28
flypigHa ha :D08:28
rainemak#topic Next meeting time and date (5 min)08:28
rainemakProposing Thursday 23rd November at 07:00am UTC.08:28
*** sailbot changes topic to "Next meeting time and date (5 min) (Meeting topic: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 9th Nov 2023)"08:28
NicoAnd it was only like 5 days left of hiking and it was the same general direction as before08:28
NicoSounds good as a date, rainemak :308:29
rainemak#info Next meeting will be held on Thursday 23rd November 2023 at 07:00am UTC: 2023-11-23T0700Z08:29
rainemaksettled then08:29
rainemakThank you everyone for the meeting!08:29
ExTechOpWorks for me.08:29
ExTechOpThank you everybody!08:29
flypigThanks rainemak, all!08:29
sailbotMeeting ended Thu Nov  9 08:29:46 2023 UTC.08:29
sailbot Minutes:
sailbot Minutes (text):
sailbot Log:
*** sailbot changes topic to "Next meeting will be held on Thursday 26th October 2023 at 07:00am UTC. Topics can be made/read here:"08:29
NicoThank you all <308:29
flypigThat was some hiking trip Nico! I hope you ultimately had a good trip.08:29
Crabsterthx #?08:30
NicoIt was amazing, finally got some good quality time with my sibling as well on that journey :308:30
flypigGreat stuff. I'm a little envious, I've not been hiking for a long time, it sounds really good.08:30
rainemakwhat did sailbot say? :-)08:30
rainemak23rd Nov it'll be in any case08:31
pherjung[m]#info pherjung, community08:31
NicoYou should just join me some day, it is always an adventure :308:31
Nicopherjung, late!08:31
flypigThanks Nico, you're very kind! I'd love to, but I'm clearly not on the same level as you!08:31
Nicoflypig, not everyone has to be as chaotic as I am!08:32
NicoWe all start small!08:32
flypigTrue, good advice!08:32
flypigWere you lurking pherjung[m]08:32
NicoAlso your ESR journey sounds like it was way more of an effort!08:33
flypigWell, it was effort, but of a very different kind. I never had to worry about hail!08:33
NicoAnyway, I should go to work, see you all around and all the best to the Jolla people, stay strong!08:33
pherjung[m]Unfortunately not, I'm a bit late sorry08:33
flypigpherjung[m], sorry that we missed you in that case.08:34
Nicopherjung, you kinda missed everything, but check the backlog, if there is anything you disagree with, I guess? :)08:34
pherjung[m]No, I'm fine with the decision08:35
NicoAnd thank you for your work :)08:35
pherjung[m]The idea behind this tag, is to track the bug report and give some hint to other user that we need some more infos. Because a lot of people does'nt understand what 100% reproducible really mean08:36
pherjung[m]Well, not a lot. Just some08:37
rainemakpherjung[m] and others, created agreed new tags for the bug category08:40
NicoThanks :)08:41
*** ChanServ sets mode: -o sailbot12:32

Generated by 2.17.1 by Marius Gedminas - find it at!