Saturday, 2021-09-18

T42_<elros34> makes sense now, I see this new repo now00:03
malafter next release we can build fewer packages in our common repo on community OBS00:04
T42_<elros34> I see qtwayland was updated to 5.6, which breaks my nested compositor but this is nice improvement. 5.6 includes support for QWaylandOutput00:11
malyes, it was updated00:36
riniguspiggz: did you realize that slava submitted to chum directly, without going through testing. so we have testing and chum out of sync.07:16
piggzrinigus: oh07:16
riniguswrote a longish response to him, but SR got accepted meanwhile :)07:16
piggzneeed to keep an eye on that07:16
rinigusI guess we will have to sync now between testing and chum07:16
rinigusas for actdead - I have POC working. now will have to make it properly07:17
piggzrinigus: whats the actdead concept ... i fixed actdead mode on volla last night, except for the ask-password .... had to inhibit the volla charging program service07:52
T42_<oMinimalist> conflicts problem07:57
riniguspiggz: as there are many services that are wishing to get /home mount, I am mounting some tmp dir to /home in actdead mode08:13
piggzrinigus: what does stock do ... surely doesnt mount /home?08:14
rinigusit doesn't. but I am not fully sure why it works there.08:14
riniguswe have a bit different set of requirements and it seems to me that such fake mount is more generic way of approaching it08:15
riniguspiggz: what was your solution? ask-passwd hints that decryption was still triggered08:16
piggzrinigus: not a solution for this, just getting actual actdead to work08:16
piggz(except for the password prompt)08:17
riniguspiggz: yeah, was there as well. ok, will continue with changes and it should be ready today08:17
rinigusI think you can assume that this part will work :) . question is whether we want to make some kind of oneshot service for people doing OTA?08:19
rinigussomething renaming home->home_open and adding config with non-encrypted /home08:19
riniguspiggz: ^08:19
piggzwhat can go wrong with ota?08:21
piggzbtw, i'll be quiet today, 5hrs driving son to university :(08:21
riniguspiggz: 5hrs is rather long distance... or is it in Paris?08:26
T42_<TheVancedGamer> 5h is nothing compared to my university's distance08:26
T42_<TheVancedGamer> I have to go to the next city08:26
piggzrinigus: 2.5 each way08:27
rinigusre OTA: users should actually flash new image. but few will make OTA and start asking why it doesn't work. some kind of wizard showing up, failing to format non-existent home_open and asking them to contact me (tama) or you (volla)08:27
riniguspiggz: 2.5 is better :)08:28
rinigusdidn't realize that you want to get back...08:28
flypigWhat's the best way for someone unfamiliar with SFOS to find the most up-to-date ports? Is there a set of good web pages to read, for example?08:51
rinigusflypig: good question - I don't think we have good up to date resource for it08:53
rinigusmaybe we should have a topic at FSO as a wiki with the list of ports in "good standing"?08:54
flypigIt would rely on people being aware of it, and keeping it up-to-date, but it would be a really useful resource.08:55
rinigusso far we have . but there are dead ports over there08:55
rinigusand indeed, it does require people updating the list08:56
rinigusflypig: maybe something pinned at ?08:57
flypigThanks, that table is really nice; does it include up-to-date info on new ports (including dead ports is unfortunate, but not the end of the world).08:57
flypigThere's no Volla, Pine, f(x)tec on there, so I guess not fully up-to-date.08:58
T42_<elros34> is also good source for some up-to-date ports. Other one is searching for droid-config-<device codename> in github08:58
T42_<elros34> droid-config-<device codename>08:59
flypigThanks T42_, how complete is that gitlab list? That's one came up for me most prominently in searches.08:59
flypigrinigus, "maybe something pinned..." > this sounds like a great idea to me. But there's a danger it fragments things further.09:00
T42_<elros34> it's up to porter to decide whether he wants to build sfos images online09:00
T42_<elros34> @oMinimalist what command did you use to build libhybris? Your prompt is missing in log09:01
flypigT42_, okay, but at least if they do it's likely to offer the latest build. Unfortunately the gitlab page isn't very inviting for someone unfamiliar to SFOS.09:01
flypigT42_, but it's certainly a nice resource. Thanks.09:02
rinigusflypig: in the case of Tama port, I dropped CI. not sure anyone else did.09:02
flypigrinigus, can I ask why?09:02
rinigusflypig: I have to make images for 6 devices (xz2 xz2c xz3; single- plus dual). at some point there was something broken and I found that it was easier to write a script building image from OBS based build on PC that fight with CI09:03
T42_<elros34> last source would be searching for device codename her and checking which releases are added to testing repo09:03
rinigusflypig: but details are fuzzy. in the end, as local script worked very well I had no reason to invest into fixing CI builds09:04
piggzi dont think id manage without CI :D09:05
piggzpro1, volla, pinephone, pinetab, latte09:05
flypigrinigus, thanks, it sounds like it was really just about extra burden. Understandable.09:05
rinigussounds like we have data fragmented already a lot. adding one more list wouldn't hurt much :)09:05
flypigrinigus, true. I'm just wondering if effort would be better spent keeping up-to-date though. It's already a nice table.09:06
T42_<elros34> @oMinimalist also do you have up-to-date droid-hal submodule?09:07
rinigusflypig: maybe. it is just in somewhat obscure place and we forget about updating it (cc piggz )09:07
T42_<oMinimalist> (re @elros34: @oMinimalist what co...)09:07
T42_<elros34> I am asking about excat command, did you use just without arguments?09:08
T42_<elros34> exact*09:08
rinigusflypig: one advantage in having it as wiki on FSO would be that users can update it. but I am not really pushing for this idea strongly, just hoping to offload documentation to users :)09:09
T42_<oMinimalist> yes , no arguments (re @elros34: I am asking about ex...)09:10
rinigusideally, we need to have some kind of quick overview which would list well-maintained ports, ports behind few releases, and abandoned ones. right now such overview is missing09:10
T42_<elros34> @oMinimalist why do you build such an old release 3.3.0? This will for sure cause some issues. Latest is
flypigrinigus, I agree, the mer wiki is probably no longer the first place people immediately think of. Right now an FSO wiki page seems like a better solution.09:10
piggzflypig: i propose you start a new wiki page ;)09:11
T42_<oMinimalist> My reference is (re @elros34: @oMinimalist why do ...)09:12
T42_<elros34> yeah yet another outdated list:) there were second list in mer wiki also, create 3th in forum...09:12
rinigusflypig: I also don't this we need such detailed table for an overview09:12
flypigpiggz, haha, you're good at this motivation thing :)09:12
riniguspiggz: I do wonder whether it is you driving ...09:13
flypigI'll talk to Ville on Monday, see if he'd be willing for it to be pinned. If not, I think it's a non-starter.09:13
flypigIf we can have it pinned, then I think it's worth trying. Just my opinion. Perhaps it's also worth discussing in the community meeting.09:15
flypigIs anyone here planning to attend the meeting on 30th and would be willing to substitute for me if I can't make it?09:16
T42_<elros34> @oMinimalist as you can see it's from 2020, sfos gets several updates since that. Hadk pdf is more up-to-date. Anyway no idea what this bp -cvi commands do internally. You can of course try to fix your error with following cmd but probably you will have more issues with such an outdated build: "sb2 -t $VENDOR-$DEVICE-$PORT_ARCH -m sdk-install -R zypper in libhybris-libEGL" then remove mesa when it ask09:18
flypig... silence ..... ;)09:19
rinigusflypig: no commitment to attend that one, sorry09:20
rinigusas for pinning - agree . it should be there. but I don't see why it wouldn't be pinned09:21
flypigrinigus, no worries re the meeting. I'm likely to be there anyway. If I'm not, and you happen to be there, feel free to pick it up!09:21
rinigusflypig: sure09:21
flypigrinigus, I'm not sure what the rules are for pinning, if there are any. I should check though.09:22
T42_<adampigg> About to set off! (re @SailfishFreenodeIRCBridgeBot: <rinigus>piggz: I do...)09:24
rinigus@adampigg: enjoy!09:24
T42_<oMinimalist> Thank you , I will try again. (re @elros34: @oMinimalist as you ...)09:24
T42_<oMinimalist> well , The problem remains. (re @elros34: @oMinimalist as you ...)09:30
T42_<oMinimalist> well , The problem remains. (re @elros34: @oMinimalist as you ...)09:31
flypigCommunity meeting topic, for info:
T42_<elros34> @oMinimalist without more details/full log from your try I can not help09:49
T42_<oMinimalist> (re @elros34: @oMinimalist without...)09:51
T42_<elros34> read last few lines, see now package name is different but like I said better build and fillow hadk pdf09:52
T42_<oMinimalist>    Has not been maintained for a long time09:54
T42_<oMinimalist> I am a newer for sfos.  I have try new sdk version this week, that's more problems.  So I follow the website , use old version do it.09:56
T42_<elros34> even with old version, will still build latest packages so you will have issues. You need to read and then update this port to latest release09:59
T42_<oMinimalist> Got it. Thank you very much. (re @elros34: even with old versio...)10:02
riniguspiggz: actdead is fixed and fix available at github13:24
rinigusPSA: After about 1.5 month development, community edition of device encryption has hit it's first tagged release - 1.0.0 was used for all packages in the project. To my knowledge, all critical bugs have been fixed and you are welcome to test on your ports. Should work for LVM-based as well as regular LineageOS based ports13:28
rinigusavailable at
poetasterrinigus: u rock.13:32
locusfwow thats nice!13:56
T42_<eugenio_g7> 🎉 congrats, great work13:57
locusfbtw is this done in initrd?13:58
T42_<i54pxqix> Capsule Toy ,the latest Hot NFT after Loot1199 Capsule Toys will be on the initial sale, flash sale with limited quantity, first come, first servedCapsule Toy aims to build an NFT crypto empire ,which consists of collection, social communication, game, DEFI, financial derivatives and other related NFTs around Capsule Toy. Holders of Capsule Toy will have the opportunity to win the super prize of ETH and mysterious NFT.Join Capsule Toy commu14:11
riniguslocusf: no, it is later in the boot, after on hybris devices, it needs android bits to start to be able to use android hw keystore anyway. so I could use qt for GUI as well14:24
locusfah so no full-disk encryption tomfoolery14:29
locusfgood to know though14:29
riniguslocusf: no, home only. could probably use for other bits as well (it is possible to define several mountpoints/devices), not sure which though14:31
locusfrinigus: yeah and it doesn't make much sense for hybris devices anyway (full disk encryption)14:31
locusfwould be really sweet to see something like this used as initrd gui
riniguslocusf: I don't know (and don't want to know) what is the usual length of the password that you use, but having android hw backed key generation is a "key" over here. essentially, it is impractical to pull out LUKS header from the device and crack of fast PCs.14:42
riniguswith the "plain text" passwords, such cracking could be successfult14:42
poetasterrinigus: when I've updated a build in chum:testing and am happy with it, do I do a submit request to get it into chum proper?14:49
riniguspoetaster: yes, please do so! that makes our lives with piggz  easier14:50
poetasterdo I need to specify target package sailfishos:chum/harbour-tidings ?14:50
poetaster(I finally, thanks to piggz, also have a 4.1 device with aarch64).14:51
riniguspoetaster: usually, sailfishos:chum is sufficient. packages should have the same name14:52
poetasterok, I'll give it a kick.14:57
poetasterrinigus: I think I did it incorrectly.14:59
riniguspoetaster: no, all is fine. accepted15:00
rinigusin , is missing (or hidden under latest)15:04
poetasterrinigus: okidoke. I'm stalling a bit on other apps till the meeting on the 30th.15:05
poetasterpiggz: I'm not sure if it isn't jolla, but TLS connections fail (IMAP) on 4.1 with the jolla mail app.15:12
poetasterpiggz: I'm wondering if I should stick to 3.4 for daily driver or try to debug15:13
poetasterpiggz: Fixed the mail app. It seems repeat config, reboot, rinse repeat works.15:24
xmnDoes anyone kown why the latest sailfish sfos_upgrade should be install emmc only? piggz?15:37
xmnknow* ... lol15:38
poetasterxmn: I'm just looking at it, but don't see what you mean by emmc only?15:42
xmn"The latest build of #SailfishOS for the @thepine64 #pinephone is def our best ever. Latest 4.2, encryption, browser and smooth setup. Note, flash to emmc only!"15:43
xmnI should have mention I was talking about pinephone15:43
piggzxmn: because the flash=-it script will create a 3rd partition for home ...which will happen on SD. .... but the scripts for mounting it assume it is on the emmc16:50
xmnah, that make sense. probably also for encryption too no?16:50
xmnthanks for the info16:51
poetasterxmn: ah, got ya.16:51
piggzxmn: yes, if you have another OS on emmc, that also happened to create a 3rd partition, it will happily encrypt that fr you, so be aware :D16:51
xmnheh, cool16:57
xmnwil need to see how I can override that, since I've been using sailfish as a sdcard install only OS. But perhaps down the road, no time yet16:59
poetasterpiggz: just noted after switching sim and memory card back to the 3.4 volla (and back again) that the 4.1 build only ever shows 2G network.17:08
piggzxmn: its easy, edit the file in /etc/sailfish-community-device-encrytion/*.ini17:09
xmnooh! Thx piggz. This will be very useful.17:15
piggzrinigus: updated volla to 1.0.0 ... when boot should be actdead, which was working somewhat, its now USER17:51
piggzno time to debug tonight17:51
riniguspiggz: update would miss changes. you would have to reset config.ini. new config.ini made by the wizard includes few changes and additional service17:53
piggzok, lets try17:53
rinigusbut having USER boot instead is odd - ACT_DEAD is expected. unless it rebooted for some reason?17:53
rinigus(started working on tama bump to 4.2)17:53
piggzrinigus: its weird ... phone HW def thought it was in charging mode, becuase when i unplugged USB, it turned off instantly .... yet it booted to liptick17:55
piggzi checked the bootreason, and it was USB as expected17:56
rinigusobviously after removing config.ini you would have to boot into regular OS. that should start wizard and all the next steps...17:56
rinigusas for UBS/USER - no clue :(17:56
piggzok, gone through wizrd...17:57
piggzok, this boot, no lipstick, and no ask-pass-gui ... but also no charge animation18:03
riniguspiggz I wonder if some older config remains stayed behind... Maybe tgz of etc/systemd/system?18:21
rinigusBut we can do it tomorrow as well18:21
rinigusmal: looks like libgbinder-radio is not updated in to version18:30
rinigusas a result, ofono-ril-binder-plugin cannot be updated18:31
rinigustesting looks to be fine18:33
T42_<elros34> I guess updated version can be in adaptation-common repo now18:34
rinigus@elros34: which adaptation-common? I must have missed it... do you have url?18:36
T42_<elros34> it's easy to miss it in all these adaptation repos: adaptation-common           ...
rinigus@elros34: if we build at OBS, we need it to have there the package as well. just seems most are building in :testing and not working in :devel first18:38
rinigusI better wait for mal reply ... he may have not had time to update devel version18:39
T42_<elros34> yeah but ofono-ril-binder-plugin is also in adaptation-common so only if you need bleeding edge version18:39
rinigus@elros34: I see. maybe then I do need to drop it...18:42
rinigus... from my build18:42
rinigusbut anyway, devel:common should be probably updated18:42
T42_<elros34> I am not sure:
T42_<TechTino> hiya guys. ive been trying to port sailfish to my galaxy s9. im getting: I have read that this is about lineage os and soong but doesnt seem to be making much sense18:46
T42_<XAP2P> Wow :
malrinigus: hmm18:57
malrinigus: looks like I forgot to update it in devel common, I did update it in testing common18:59
malrinigus: fixed now19:00
mal@elros34 that new adaptation-common only helps after we have updated to 4.2.0 not during update19:02
T42_<elros34> ah obviously that is right point19:03
mal@TechTino have you applied the hybris patches is mentioned in faq not sure which android base you are using19:08
T42_<TechTino> yeah. i just realised though that ive been trying to build 17.1 with hybris 16 synced so lol.19:09
T42_<TechTino> ill try it the correct way and then we'll see19:10
mal16.1 is fine also just follow instructions for it19:11
maldepends on which version you really want to use19:11
T42_<TechTino> yeah. see i had 17.1 branches of stuff specified in my manifest but had the hadk for 1619:11
malnot sure if I understand, what did you use for repo init19:17
T42_<TechTino> repo init -u git:// -b hybris-16.0, i did this, when i should have done repo init -u git:// -b hybris-17.1 as i have pointed to lineage 17.1 branches in manifest. all good tho im syncing now on 17.119:25
T42_<TechTino> error: in sync --fetch-submodules: revision refs/heads/lineage-17.1 in LineageOS/android_art not found, this keeps happening, i even went in and changed the revision to lineage-17.1 and it didnt work either20:06
rinigusmal: thank you very much!21:15
T42_<TechTino> rpm/dhd/helpers/ --droid-hal is taking forever, and isnt using any cpu whatsoever.22:29
T42_<TechTino> any way to see verbose?22:30
T42_<b100dian> mal: since the build passed and am no calculated person, I made the tar —numeric-owner backup and upgraded. Nothing bad happened - other than jolla-camera breaking - so I don't know if this kind of backup is good. I am now upgrading the gst-droid. All through the browser click-click thanks lbt :)22:30
T42_<b100dian> camera works with upgrade-4.2.0 branch, I don't see five cameras (only one) though. piggz-o-vision works though. Happy evening:)22:34
mal@b100dian do you mean in advanced-camera you see the extra cameras?23:23
mal@TechTino which package is it building?23:23
T42_<TechTino> droid-hal23:23
malah, droid-hal it should not take very long23:23
T42_<TechTino> i think its hanging23:24
maljust kill it and try again23:24
T42_<TechTino> this is what i get. seems fine right? b4 i was getting some weird gpg errors from sb2 though but that was b4 i ran breakfast and built stuff again23:27
T42_<b100dian> mal: were there in 4.1, though not correctly mapped in advanced-camera. For jolla camera anything other than gst-droid I shoild upgrade?23:27
T42_<TechTino> or should i go fix the warnings23:28
mal@TechTino I think the issue is that it can't find any ueventd*.rc files in the folder it is trying to look at in out/
T42_<TechTino> i dont have a vendor folder hmm23:30
mal@TechTino maybe try running "make modules" and look for anything uevent and fstab related in the output23:31
T42_<TechTino> nope, neither of those in the output23:32
mal@b100dian jolla-camera needs configs for extra cameras in 4.2.0
T42_<TechTino> i think my issue is that i dont have a vendor folder built, but idk why23:34
mal@TechTino hmm, maybe then look for such files in device repos under device/ and copy those manually to correct places, check the Android.bp or files in device in folder where you find the files or in higher level folders23:34
T42_<TechTino> could it be bcs its common vendor files and not for the specific codename23:34
mal@TechTino vendor folder in not always needed, did you look at those files in all of out/target/product/* ? maybe try "find out/target -name '*uevent*'"23:35
T42_<TechTino> for fstab: out/target/product/starlte/obj/ROOT/hybris-boot_intermediates/initramfs/etc/fstab23:37
T42_<TechTino> out/target/product/starlte/obj/ROOT/hybris-recovery_intermediates/initramfs/etc/fstab23:37
malhow about "find device -name '*uevent*'"23:40
T42_<TechTino> device/qcom/sepolicy-legacy-um/vendor/common/ueventd.te23:41
T42_<TechTino> device/qcom/sepolicy-legacy/common/ueventd.te23:41
T42_<TechTino> device/qcom/sepolicy/generic/vendor/common/ueventd.te23:41
T42_<TechTino> device/qcom/sepolicy/legacy/vendor/common/ueventd.te23:41
T42_<TechTino> oh interesting none for my device appear23:41
maltry to grep for that in your device repo23:43
T42_<TechTino> i dont seem to see it hm23:50
T42_<b100dian> mal: that's a short jolla-camera-hw.txt :) the order is from droid-camres? I'll experiment but that tool outputs > 10 cameras here:)23:51
T42_<TechTino> only files relating to sepolicy and .te files, no ueventd hm23:52
mal@b100dian droid-camres is obsolete since 4.2.023:53
mal@TechTino go to device/samsung/universal9810-common and try running "git revert 2a210ce7fb59ed39c3d7424ab6112c5849b8eade"23:53
T42_<b100dian> I've added labels a,b,c,d,e and i only see c, d, e and another dozen of unlabeled cameras (not seeing a,b,c because of lacking scroll) -  just as I remembered from droid-camres. I will look into this tomorrow - I did have access through 'e' to the 5x tele camera so .. :)23:55
T42_<b100dian> not seeing a, b I mean23:55
malhow can it report that many cameras?23:55
T42_<b100dian> definitely not expected, but wasn't a problem before23:55
T42_<b100dian> i'll get back to this, but surely is interesting, there should be max. 523:56
malsomething is then wrong in configuration, does logcat show anything about listing available cameras23:56
malgetting debug output from gst-droid would also help23:57
mal@b100dian wondering if that is the first multi-camera community port? or has there been any other device23:57
T42_<b100dian> will grep tomorrow - my camera logcat is pushing thousands of lines per second.23:57
T42_<b100dian> I don't know, was hoping to see 5 of them of course.23:58
malyeah, logcat needs some grep magic to get the needed information23:58
T42_<b100dian> no way to screenshot in the camera app:)23:59

Generated by 2.17.1 by Marius Gedminas - find it at!