Tuesday, 2015-01-20

*** Sail0r has joined #sailfishos00:01
*** Sail0r has quit IRC00:07
SaberAltriazetaz I can00:12
zetazSaberAltria: hi. Cool !00:13
SaberAltriabut do you mean the auto message sent by the network operators reminding me that I have voicemail?00:13
zetazSaberAltria: not the SMS, the mechanism in the phone that shows there is a voicemail (may even say how many).00:14
zetazthis is something most phones have, but doesn't work correctly for several network operator around the world. I have one of these (works will all phones I had except Jolla).00:15
zetazProblem is I don't know how it is shown in Jolla when it works, as I never got it...00:16
SaberAltriaI tried. I dialed my mobile number with other phone and leaved a message00:16
zetazSaberAltria: If you want to know more about this, here is the together thread about it : https://together.jolla.com/question/8779/no-notification-when-new-voicemail/00:17
SaberAltriabut my Jolla doesn't remind me I have unread voice message but only the network provider (sent a SMS)00:17
zetazSaberAltria: OK... Thanks a lot for having tried !00:17
SaberAltriaOps I have never realised this problem...00:18
SaberAltriajust thought that the SMS reminder is all the thing00:18
SaberAltriaand my service provider is SmarTOne-Vodafone00:19
zetazYeah, when having SMS reminder, the problem can not really be seen, as you still get all the functionality. When you don't, then it becomes a real problem as you can miss call and not knowing it. For example, when in the underground or low coverage area, you don't even have the missed call info that makes you think there may be a voicemail, so you have to randomly ask the voicemail to see if there is something...00:21
*** nodevel has quit IRC00:22
zetazI will continue a dummy app to validate my results (when decteting a new voicemail, it will simply add a notification to event view). With that proof of concept running, I hope I could get some help from Jolla on this bug...00:22
*** Behold has quit IRC00:34
*** goroboro has quit IRC00:35
*** olafh has quit IRC00:35
*** Kallegro has joined #sailfishos00:46
*** inte_away has joined #sailfishos00:49
*** Kallegro has quit IRC00:51
*** inte_awa` has quit IRC00:51
*** kanishka has joined #sailfishos01:14
*** N-Mi has quit IRC01:24
*** kanishka has quit IRC01:32
*** zalan has quit IRC01:37
*** zalan has joined #sailfishos01:38
*** zalan has quit IRC01:42
*** cornerma1 has joined #sailfishos01:43
*** cornerman has quit IRC01:45
*** cornerma1 is now known as cornerman01:45
*** mozggg has joined #sailfishos01:47
*** Sail0r has joined #sailfishos01:50
*** SpeedEvil has quit IRC01:55
*** BitEvil has joined #sailfishos01:55
*** Sail0r has quit IRC01:55
*** dpurgin has joined #sailfishos02:08
*** dpurgin has quit IRC02:09
*** Sail0r has joined #sailfishos02:11
*** Sail0r has quit IRC02:16
*** zetaz has left #sailfishos02:19
*** tat has joined #sailfishos02:23
*** hesetys has quit IRC02:48
*** yrjo has quit IRC02:54
*** hesetys has joined #sailfishos02:59
*** Lipevakala has quit IRC03:04
*** ismd has joined #sailfishos03:15
*** Lipevakala has joined #sailfishos03:17
*** Lipevakala_ has joined #sailfishos03:28
*** Lipevakala has quit IRC03:30
*** yrjo has joined #sailfishos03:37
*** Morpog_PC has joined #sailfishos03:44
*** BitEvil is now known as SpeedEvil03:51
*** samikshan is now known as samikshan|afk04:01
*** samikshan|afk is now known as samikshan04:01
*** K4-t has left #sailfishos04:13
*** zalan has joined #sailfishos04:18
*** Lipevakala_ has quit IRC04:25
*** Lipevakala_ has joined #sailfishos04:28
*** crazy_imp has quit IRC04:52
*** Lipevakala has joined #sailfishos04:54
*** crazy_imp has joined #sailfishos04:54
*** crazy_imp has joined #sailfishos04:54
*** Lipevakala_ has quit IRC04:56
*** martyone has joined #sailfishos05:02
*** Lipevakala_ has joined #sailfishos05:06
*** Lipevakala has quit IRC05:08
*** Lipevakala has joined #sailfishos05:10
*** Lipevakala_ has quit IRC05:11
*** Lipevakala_ has joined #sailfishos05:14
*** Lipevakala has quit IRC05:15
*** Sequenced_ has quit IRC05:26
*** spiiroin_ has quit IRC05:26
*** Pat_o has joined #sailfishos05:31
*** VDVsx has quit IRC05:37
*** furikku has joined #sailfishos05:38
*** olafh has joined #sailfishos06:00
*** Nc_ has joined #sailfishos06:01
*** Sailor11736 has joined #sailfishos06:04
*** VDVsx has joined #sailfishos06:05
*** jhakala has joined #sailfishos06:22
*** Morpog_PC has quit IRC06:26
*** radekp has joined #sailfishos06:28
*** spiiroin has joined #sailfishos06:29
*** f3an0r has joined #sailfishos06:51
*** Sailor11736 has quit IRC06:53
*** Mano has joined #sailfishos06:53
ManoMano: hi06:55
*** tzafrir has joined #sailfishos06:59
*** Sailor3128 has joined #sailfishos07:02
YanielYaniel: hi07:10
*** mkollaro has joined #sailfishos07:14
*** Mano has quit IRC07:27
*** f3an0r has quit IRC07:32
*** goroboro has joined #sailfishos07:35
*** kunev has joined #sailfishos07:41
*** nodevel has joined #sailfishos07:44
*** tanty_off is now known as tanty07:47
*** Nc_ has quit IRC07:48
*** kunev has quit IRC07:52
*** kunev has joined #sailfishos07:52
*** plfiorini has quit IRC07:52
*** gabriel9|work has joined #sailfishos08:01
*** disharmonic has quit IRC08:04
*** daitheflu has joined #sailfishos08:14
*** gabriel9 has joined #sailfishos08:24
*** gabriel9|work has quit IRC08:24
*** zhxt has quit IRC08:29
*** krendil has joined #sailfishos08:31
*** zhxt has joined #sailfishos08:33
*** jjanvier has joined #sailfishos08:36
*** lainwir3d has joined #sailfishos08:38
*** lainwir3d has quit IRC08:38
*** lainwir3d has joined #sailfishos08:38
SK_workmuppis: Phone08:42
SK_workfor patch08:42
*** dirkvl has joined #sailfishos08:43
*** tat has quit IRC08:45
*** lynxis has quit IRC08:45
*** lynxis has joined #sailfishos08:46
*** Blizzz has joined #sailfishos08:46
*** samikshan is now known as samikshan|afk08:50
*** samikshan|afk is now known as samikshan08:50
*** arcean has joined #sailfishos08:57
*** lukdirtwalker has joined #sailfishos09:01
*** lukdirtwalker is now known as lukedirtwalker09:01
lukedirtwalkeriekku, Elleo: thanks for working it out, I have it now submitted :)09:10
Elleolukedirtwalker: great :)09:10
iekkulukedirtwalker, so i heard :)09:11
*** tat has joined #sailfishos09:11
*** Sailor3128 has quit IRC09:13
*** Sailor3128 has joined #sailfishos09:13
*** wickwire has joined #sailfishos09:23
*** cxl000 has joined #sailfishos09:31
ikarus_Random Question Time, PySide is dead (no Qt5 support), PyOtherSide can only work with QML and can't actually access Qt all that well, PyQt is GPL/commercial licensed, is there any LGPL (or more open) alternative to developing Python code that can actually access Qt on SailfishOS ?09:33
*** Sailor3128 has quit IRC09:34
*** SaberAltria has quit IRC09:37
*** N-Mi has joined #sailfishos09:38
*** Sailor3128 has joined #sailfishos09:41
*** SaberAltria has joined #sailfishos09:48
*** vakkov has quit IRC09:54
*** B22 has joined #sailfishos09:55
B22I got some problem with Virtualbox09:58
B22My Emulator is roteade CCV but not the picture on the home screen nor the actions. What have I done?09:59
*** Sail0r has joined #sailfishos10:04
*** mozggg has quit IRC10:12
*** Nc_ has joined #sailfishos10:17
*** s5pik3 has joined #sailfishos10:19
*** s1gk1ll_ has quit IRC10:27
*** s1gk1ll has joined #sailfishos10:27
*** Lipevakala_ has quit IRC10:29
*** B22 has quit IRC10:29
*** dr_gogeta86 has quit IRC10:30
*** dr_gogeta86 has joined #sailfishos10:31
daithefluis there a guide somewhere that describes how to make an icon ? The Icon Story (https://sailfishos.org/apps_icons.html) is rather poor10:37
daithefluand the given template only concerns one shape, and seems unusable with GIMP :/10:37
*** Sail0r has quit IRC10:37
*** B22 has joined #sailfishos10:41
Armadillodaitheflu wrong tool, use inkscape and open the .ai ;)10:43
*** s5pik3 has quit IRC10:43
daithefluArmadillo: was trying to avoid Inkscape :P10:44
Armadillothat would lead to problems within the next updates where icons and so on will be recommended as vector graphics because of the variable display resolutions ;)10:45
*** Sail0r has joined #sailfishos10:45
*** vakkov has joined #sailfishos10:47
daithefluallright then10:48
daithefluthey still should/could update the guide :P10:48
Armadilloto what? something which is not 100% complete that the guys can complain about the following changes? ;)10:50
saidinesh5sandsmark: just a heads up... This week i gave my laptop for repair, so not much work on skeyer till Monday...10:53
saidinesh5Tried to code on the tablet but I'm too old for such feats now :p10:54
*** s5pik3 has joined #sailfishos10:55
daithefluArmadillo: to something with all the shapes and guides (padding)10:57
Armadillodaitheflu as I said you need to use a vector program10:58
Armadillogimp is like Photoshop a pixel based image program10:58
Armadilloit can not work with sub pixel sizes10:58
*** B22 has quit IRC10:59
daithefluArmadillo: that's what I'm doing (using Inkscape)11:00
Armadilloand what are you missing exactly?11:00
ArmadilloI saw everything when I zoomed in11:00
Armadillothe little shapes are grouped together, so you have to dissolve the grouping11:02
daithefluI want the basic shape with only the upper right corner rounded11:03
daithefluand I would like magnetics guides so I can add things and respect the inner padding11:04
daitheflumaybe it's easy to do when you know Inkscape, I'm discovering the thing :)11:05
*** Sailor3128 has quit IRC11:05
kimmolicould these help?11:05
daithefluaaah thank you kimmoli :)11:07
kimmolii use inkscape fro icons, and it has really annoying "magnets". ctrl-shift-a opens alignment-dialog which might help (or Object > align&distribute)11:09
*** phaeron has joined #sailfishos11:10
*** daitheflu has quit IRC11:10
*** daitheflu has joined #sailfishos11:11
daitheflusorry, accidentally pressed F5 :D11:11
daitheflukimmoli: thanks for the hints, I will try11:12
lachs0rI would start with an 86 x 86 px rectangle, corner radius 2 px. the inset shape is then 64 x 64 px11:22
lachs0ryou can resize it to 85.4 px as a group in the last step11:22
*** Sailor3128 has joined #sailfishos11:22
*** vakkov has quit IRC11:23
*** s5pik3 has quit IRC11:25
*** vakkov has joined #sailfishos11:25
*** Sailor3128 has quit IRC11:28
*** carelesscoder has joined #sailfishos11:29
Yanielis it possible to have packages on obs depend on other packages on obs?11:31
Yanieland if so, how11:31
lachs0rdaitheflu: http://i.srsfckn.biz/c.svg there’s an example svg11:36
daithefluthank you lachs0r :)11:37
*** gexc has joined #sailfishos11:38
*** B22 has joined #sailfishos11:46
kimmoliam i stupid or ... https://together.jolla.com/question/77353/harbour-rejects-rpm-filenames-with-jolla-built-with-mer-obs/11:46
*** Sailor11736 has joined #sailfishos11:53
tbrlbt: ^^^!11:55
lbtkimmoli: show me the spec11:57
timophhere's a fish for you :)11:57
timophand hello11:57
lbtnice fish11:57
tbrthanks for all the fish? :)11:57
stephgmmmm tastyfish11:57
lbtso long11:57
stephgred snapper very tasty!11:58
kimmolilbt: e.g. https://build.merproject.org/package/view_file/home:kimmoli/Chargemonitor/_service:tar_git:chargemon.spec?expand=111:58
kimmolibasically based on what sdk makes from yaml11:58
kimmolishould it put that fish there?11:59
lbtmay help11:59
* tbr goes trolling for some more tasty phish11:59
*** suy_ is now known as suy11:59
*** B22 has quit IRC11:59
kimmoliBuildRequires: pkgconfig(><}}*>) ?12:00
tbrand then the OBS comes back with <audio src=http://somewhere/hyperyper.ogg />12:02
kimmolii'm too tired. will have a break - http://libutil.so/pub/pics/gaf.gif - but'll be back soon12:03
*** qqK has joined #sailfishos12:03
*** nodevel has quit IRC12:04
*** nodevel has joined #sailfishos12:04
lbtfwiw the answer is to create a prjconf in your home with : Release: <CI_CNT>.<B_CNT>    in it. I actually think I should set that on OBS12:17
lbtkimmoli: let me know when it goes above 0 again :)12:17
tbrlbt: please do consider setting it on OBS level if that solves this.12:19
lbtyes, I think that would be the right thing to do - the .jolla is misleading in many ways12:19
kimmolithere was also something with RPM VENDOR12:19
tbras is -harbour in software names, but apparently that one is there to stay until the end of the universe12:20
lbtStskeeps: ^^ fyi ... I don't think Mer OBS should produce rpms for users with .jolla in the rpm name12:20
Stskeepslbt: prjconf12:20
kimmoliit is different; obs vs sdk12:20
Stskeepslbt: it comes from threre12:20
lbtStskeeps: yeah - just saying about policy12:20
kimmolii dont know so much about obs that i could do this. need someone to hold my hand12:21
lbtI doubt it will affect sfos-porters but ... hmm12:21
lbtkimmoli: I can do that too12:21
lbtgo here: https://build.merproject.org/project/prjconf/home:kimmoli12:22
kimmoliwill the store be able to update these?12:22
lbtRelease: <CI_CNT>.<B_CNT>12:22
lbton line 112:22
lbt1 step at a time :)12:22
tbrI still think that OBS producing RPMs that are 100% likely to fail harbour QA is a _really_ bad move.12:22
lbtyep - I'm expecting to change how OBS names rpms to remove the jolla (and the 10)12:23
tbrunless jolla wants to make the process as hard as possible for developers, just to reinforce the flow of people to OR12:23
kimmoliwill check, moment12:23
lbttbr: *cough* I'm fixing it ...12:24
lbtand there is no "jolla" our bots are not that sophisticated ... just normal people who work there :)12:24
tbrlbt: *nod* just had the impression that the conversation had turned to "It's the users/developers fault" after Stskeeps' remarks12:25
Stskeepsi'm saying it's lbt's fault12:25
* tbr hugs lbt 12:25
* lbt hugs tbr12:25
kimmoliso i'm jsut stupid12:25
Stskeepsit's a 1:1 copy of the jolla prjconf i think12:25
* lbt hugs kimmoli12:25
Stskeepsso the Release: will come into it12:26
lbtStskeeps: it is ... it needs a tweak to go out ...12:26
lbthey ... we may even get Version into the rpm filename!!!12:26
* lbt sits down12:26
lbtkimmoli: happy ?12:26
kimmoliharbour was happy12:28
*** leinir has quit IRC12:29
*** leinir has joined #sailfishos12:29
lbtcool - OK - I guess that should be a bug then12:30
kimmolithen, now when we are at here...12:32
*** cvp_ has joined #sailfishos12:35
*** igordcard has joined #sailfishos12:37
kimmolithe vendor tag in OBS built rpm is meego12:38
Stskeepsthat's a bigger headach12:38
tbras is armv8 :>12:38
kimmoliand in sdk built it is empty12:39
*** jhakala1 has joined #sailfishos12:39
kimmoliscenario: made app and harbour-published one built with sdk12:39
kimmolipublished update with one built in obs12:39
*** R-Z has joined #sailfishos12:39
*** jhakala has quit IRC12:39
kimmoliphone does not update (? due this vendor difference)12:39
kimmoliuser needs to uninstall and reinstall12:40
* kimmoli spent 6 mins to find this: rpm -qip 12:40
*** rubdos has joined #sailfishos12:42
lbtkimmoli: interesting12:45
kimmoliand TJC... An unhandled exception was thrown by the application12:50
*** B22 has joined #sailfishos12:51
*** Kabouik has quit IRC12:57
*** jhakala1 has left #sailfishos12:57
*** krendil has quit IRC12:58
*** jhakala1 has joined #sailfishos12:59
*** jhakala1 has quit IRC13:05
*** jhakala has joined #sailfishos13:05
*** LiXJed1 has joined #sailfishos13:05
*** jhakala1 has joined #sailfishos13:06
*** LiXJed has quit IRC13:07
*** jhakala has quit IRC13:10
*** mkollaro has quit IRC13:23
*** Toxip_ has joined #sailfishos13:35
*** msava has quit IRC13:35
*** B22 has quit IRC13:35
*** Toxip has quit IRC13:38
Flexmangreat the jolla phone is getting affordable now13:40
Flexmanone thing i wonder about the other half keayboard13:40
*** msava has joined #sailfishos13:40
*** mkollaro has joined #sailfishos13:40
Flexmanyou can use it on both sides. wouldn't it make more sense having contacts in 90° angle there? so that you can use it in portrait or landscape mode13:41
kimmoliFlexman: that is too FAQ... http://goo.gl/w9ig8q or join #jollatohkbd13:42
Flexmankimmoli: thanks. can you give me a buzzword? (e.g. what to search for? didn't find it yet)13:46
*** spider-mario has joined #sailfishos13:47
*** Algolkm_ has joined #sailfishos13:51
*** ismd has quit IRC13:56
Flexmanhmm... a polaroid other half would be nice.. :-D you get an instant picture13:59
*** Sailor11736 has quit IRC14:04
*** jhakala1 has quit IRC14:04
*** Shinryuu has joined #sailfishos14:08
*** rubdos has quit IRC14:09
*** cornerma1 has joined #sailfishos14:10
*** rubdos has joined #sailfishos14:12
*** VDVsx has quit IRC14:13
*** cornerman has quit IRC14:13
*** cornerma1 is now known as cornerman14:13
*** VDVsx has joined #sailfishos14:24
*** Sequenced_ has joined #sailfishos14:29
*** martyone has quit IRC14:30
*** carelesscoder has quit IRC14:33
*** carelesscoder has joined #sailfishos14:34
*** hesetys has quit IRC14:36
*** ahiemstra has quit IRC14:42
*** M4rtinK_jolla_ has joined #sailfishos14:42
*** zalan has quit IRC14:45
*** zalan has joined #sailfishos14:46
*** ahiemstra has joined #sailfishos14:47
*** hesetys has joined #sailfishos14:47
*** carelesscoder_ has joined #sailfishos14:48
*** zalan has quit IRC14:50
*** carelesscoder has quit IRC14:51
*** rubdos has quit IRC14:58
iekku2 minutes to community meeting14:59
faeniljoin #mer-meeting to partecipate (or just listen!) to the community meeting!15:01
*** jjanvier has quit IRC15:04
*** jjanvier has joined #sailfishos15:04
*** artemma has joined #sailfishos15:06
*** jmlich has joined #sailfishos15:06
*** ismd has joined #sailfishos15:08
*** jjanvier has quit IRC15:11
*** jjanvier has joined #sailfishos15:11
*** Sailor11736 has joined #sailfishos15:14
*** zalan has joined #sailfishos15:14
*** kunev has quit IRC15:15
*** Sailor279 has joined #sailfishos15:21
*** Sailor279 has quit IRC15:23
*** gexc has quit IRC15:29
*** tat has quit IRC15:32
*** tat has joined #sailfishos15:33
*** jjanvier has quit IRC15:33
*** jjanvier has joined #sailfishos15:38
*** gexc has joined #sailfishos15:52
*** gexc has quit IRC15:53
*** radekp has quit IRC15:56
*** jjanvier_ has joined #sailfishos15:57
*** ninetta has joined #sailfishos16:00
*** jjanvier has quit IRC16:00
*** TMavica has joined #sailfishos16:03
*** jjanvier__ has joined #sailfishos16:05
M4rtinK_jolla_iekku: so any comments to the soft dependencies idea ? :)16:07
artemmaHi All. Are there any news about paid apps and/or inapp purchases? Just checking once in a while16:08
*** jmlich has quit IRC16:09
*** jjanvier_ has quit IRC16:09
*** lukedirtwalker has quit IRC16:11
*** Morpog_PC has joined #sailfishos16:11
*** gabriel9 has quit IRC16:13
*** Lipevakala_ has joined #sailfishos16:14
iekkuartemma, not yet16:17
iekkuM4rtinK_jolla_, i will take that to conversations16:18
M4rtinK_jolla_iekku: thanks!16:18
faeniloh right, that was scheduled for end of '1416:18
M4rtinK_jolla_BTW, the same applies to other QML modules/interfaces16:19
iekkui will push those, as well as paid apps. but can't make any promises16:19
M4rtinK_jolla_volume  keys, screen blanking control, keepalive, dbud, etc.16:19
*** dpurgin has joined #sailfishos16:20
faeniliekku, so no news at all about paid apps?16:21
M4rtinK_jolla_I'nit sayin all of them should be outrigh allowed, but the same technique can be used16:21
M4rtinK_jolla_*I'm not16:21
*** Sail0r has quit IRC16:23
RavenholmDXHey M4rtinK_jolla_, just out of curiosity, are you intending to continue development on Mieru?16:23
RavenholmDXI was going to start making my own cbr/z reader, but I can help out on Mieru if you're busy with other stuff?16:23
M4rtinK_jolla_sure, I would like to start working on it after FOSDEM so that it is ready for the tablet :)16:24
RavenholmDXThat's exactly why I want it :P16:25
M4rtinK_jolla_and help would be much appreciated! :)16:25
RavenholmDXI might pull down the code some evening this week and start going over it16:25
RavenholmDXI saw you made a start on the sailfish port already?16:26
artemmaiekku: thanks for telling! BTW, I am still not sure if paid apps are actually a very good idea considering number of Jolla users (co-sponsored developer program or sharing donations could work better). Still checking16:26
M4rtinK_jolla_well, some really raw begginings16:26
M4rtinK_jolla_basically mashing stuff together from the old port and bits and pieces from modRana16:27
M4rtinK_jolla_preparatory work basically16:27
M4rtinK_jolla_I still have somw WiP not yet commited code16:28
M4rtinK_jolla_so I guess I can take a look at it in the evening and commit it16:29
RavenholmDXwhat are the merits for using (what looks like) a unified code base over a lift and shift onto a new Sailfish-specific repo?16:29
M4rtinK_jolla_so that you can see the up to date picture :)16:29
*** MoritzJT has joined #sailfishos16:29
M4rtinK_jolla_well, I dont see the new initiative as only a Sailfish port16:30
RavenholmDXI guess that makes sense16:30
M4rtinK_jolla_more like a Qt 5 port + dropping the old Clutter and Qt 4 GUI16:31
M4rtinK_jolla_so that it runs on Sailfish, Android, desktop, etc.16:31
*** dpurgin has quit IRC16:32
M4rtinK_jolla_Sailfish should be the primary target of course, but other platforms need to be also taken in account :-)16:33
RavenholmDXYeah, sounds good16:33
M4rtinK_jolla_modRana is a proof of concept how this can work :)16:34
M4rtinK_jolla_and thanks to https://github.com/M4rtinK/universal-components16:36
RavenholmDXyeah I was looking at universal-components16:36
M4rtinK_jolla_the GUI will look native on every platform :)16:36
RavenholmDXThat's awesome16:36
RavenholmDXhave you made estimates on the Qt5 port for Mieru?16:37
M4rtinK_jolla_well, the biggest thing  will be the PySide -> PyOtherSide conversion16:38
M4rtinK_jolla_then QtComponents -> universal components and QtQuick 1 -> 216:39
*** Mano has joined #sailfishos16:39
*** MoritzJT_ has joined #sailfishos16:40
*** tanty is now known as tanty_off16:40
M4rtinK_jolla_the non GUI core should be able to stay +- the same, but might need some Python 3 support fixes16:40
*** MoritzJT has quit IRC16:40
M4rtinK_jolla_and proper logging would also no hurt :)16:41
*** Nerfiaux has joined #sailfishos16:41
M4rtinK_jolla_thats my rought estimate what needs to be done :)16:41
M4rtinK_jolla_and also I would like to keep it Python 3 only, unlike modRana16:42
M4rtinK_jolla_PyOtherSide needs Python 3 anyway16:43
*** lukedirtwalker has joined #sailfishos16:43
*** MoritzJT_ has quit IRC16:44
*** Morpog_PC has quit IRC16:44
M4rtinK_jolla_as for time estimates - the tablet release is kinda the deadline :D16:45
*** Sailor9756_ has joined #sailfishos16:47
artemmaM4rtinK_jolla_: FYI Log4Qt works fine on Sailfish16:47
artemmawith all the settings file overshadowing, priorities and blackjack16:47
M4rtinK_jolla_what's that ?16:47
M4rtinK_jolla_interesting :)16:48
M4rtinK_jolla_but I think the Python built in logging functionality would be good enough :)16:48
*** Nerfiaux has quit IRC16:48
M4rtinK_jolla_modRana already supports piping of QML log messages to the Python log :)16:49
*** spiiroin has quit IRC16:56
artemmaM4rtinK_jolla_: https://github.com/amarchen/log4qt-demo-sailfish16:58
artemmathat's a clone of log4j done for Qt. Cross-platform naturally with most of the bestles and whistles you want from a logging framework such as switching logs on particular unit on-off via a config file. Way better than Qt5 build-in loggin (Qt 5.4 comes close with categories, but still got a way to go)16:59
artemmaI did a demo app to show how to use it in Sailfish. You can install demo from jolla app store as well17:00
*** Sailor11736_ has joined #sailfishos17:04
*** SpeedEvil has quit IRC17:04
*** SpeedEvil has joined #sailfishos17:05
*** Sailor11736 has quit IRC17:06
M4rtinK_jolla_interesting :)17:07
*** Nerfiaux has joined #sailfishos17:12
*** Sailor9756_ has quit IRC17:15
*** blabber has joined #sailfishos17:15
*** blabber has quit IRC17:16
*** Sailor9756_ has joined #sailfishos17:17
*** Nerfiaux has quit IRC17:18
*** daitheflu has quit IRC17:22
locusfyeah pebble uses artemmas logger17:24
*** lainwir3d has quit IRC17:25
*** nodevel has quit IRC17:28
*** nodevel has joined #sailfishos17:29
*** nodevel has quit IRC17:29
*** nodevel has joined #sailfishos17:31
artemmalocusf: it does? Wow, cool! Thanks for telling17:31
artemmaah, wait, you mean they use log4qt probably17:32
artemmathat's not mine, I just managed to assemble a demo Sailfish project and added hell a lot of docs in it - log4qt docs and exacmples weren't much17:32
locusfartemma: ah ok :)17:33
*** r0kk3rz has joined #sailfishos17:33
*** tat has joined #sailfishos17:33
*** artemma has quit IRC17:33
locusfwell somethings going on with it https://github.com/smokku/Log4Qt17:34
*** nodevel has quit IRC17:35
*** Nightmare__ has joined #sailfishos17:37
*** nodevel has joined #sailfishos17:37
*** tat has quit IRC17:38
*** nodevel has quit IRC17:38
*** nodevel has joined #sailfishos17:39
*** spiiroin has joined #sailfishos17:39
*** Lipevakala has joined #sailfishos17:45
*** plfiorini has joined #sailfishos17:46
*** zetaz has joined #sailfishos17:47
*** samikshan is now known as samikshan|afk17:47
*** samikshan|afk is now known as samikshan17:47
*** Nokius_ has joined #sailfishos17:47
*** Lipevakala_ has quit IRC17:48
*** Lipevakala_ has joined #sailfishos17:48
*** Lipevakala has quit IRC17:49
*** Nokius has quit IRC17:51
*** dpurgin has joined #sailfishos17:51
*** cvp_ has quit IRC17:56
*** M4rtinK has joined #sailfishos17:56
*** igordcard has quit IRC17:58
*** M4rtinK_jolla_ has quit IRC17:59
*** M4rtinK_jolla_ has joined #sailfishos18:01
*** dpurgin has quit IRC18:01
*** M4rtinK has quit IRC18:03
*** Blizzz has quit IRC18:07
*** Nc_ has quit IRC18:08
*** Sail0r has joined #sailfishos18:11
*** qt_junkie has joined #sailfishos18:14
*** qt_junkie has quit IRC18:14
*** Lipevakala has joined #sailfishos18:16
*** beidl has joined #sailfishos18:16
*** Sail0r has quit IRC18:16
*** beidl_ has quit IRC18:19
*** Lipevakala_ has quit IRC18:20
*** Lipevakala_ has joined #sailfishos18:23
*** Lipevakala has quit IRC18:25
*** krobelus has quit IRC18:29
*** ninetta has quit IRC18:30
*** krobelus has joined #sailfishos18:31
*** carelesscoder_ has quit IRC18:31
*** filippz has joined #sailfishos18:33
*** martyone has joined #sailfishos18:42
*** SaberAltria has quit IRC18:44
*** tzafrir has quit IRC18:46
*** Kabouik has joined #sailfishos18:49
*** artemma has joined #sailfishos18:51
*** Sequenced has joined #sailfishos18:53
*** Sequenced_ has quit IRC18:55
*** furikku has quit IRC19:00
*** VDVsx has quit IRC19:00
*** martyone has quit IRC19:00
*** ismd has quit IRC19:02
*** VDVsx has joined #sailfishos19:04
*** wickwire has quit IRC19:06
*** M4rtinK_jolla_ has quit IRC19:08
*** mhlavink has quit IRC19:09
*** mhlavink has joined #sailfishos19:10
*** mkollaro1 has joined #sailfishos19:10
*** mkollaro has quit IRC19:11
Nokius_someone may has the meeting minutes link :)19:13
*** Nc_ has joined #sailfishos19:14
*** msx1 has joined #sailfishos19:15
*** msx1 has left #sailfishos19:15
*** Sequenced_ has joined #sailfishos19:15
Nokius_Armadillo: thx19:16
Nokius_:-\ was no community SFOS meeting19:16
*** Sail0r has joined #sailfishos19:17
* Nokius_ ah19:18
Armadillooh right19:18
*** Sequenced has quit IRC19:18
Armadillothat's it19:19
*** filippz has quit IRC19:19
*** carelesscoder_ has joined #sailfishos19:25
*** jjanvier__ has quit IRC19:34
*** tat has joined #sailfishos19:34
*** Behold has joined #sailfishos19:34
*** fferner has joined #sailfishos19:35
*** tat has quit IRC19:39
*** mkollaro has joined #sailfishos19:39
*** mkollaro1 has quit IRC19:42
*** cvp_ has joined #sailfishos19:42
*** Algolkm_ has quit IRC19:42
*** Algolkm_ has joined #sailfishos19:42
Nokius_Armadillo: :) found it thanks19:45
*** Andy80 has joined #sailfishos19:47
*** fferner has quit IRC19:47
*** santiago has joined #sailfishos19:50
*** CarlosMazieri has joined #sailfishos19:55
*** SpeedEvil has quit IRC19:57
*** SpeedEvil has joined #sailfishos19:58
*** SpeedEvil has quit IRC19:58
*** SpeedEvil has joined #sailfishos19:58
*** M4rtinK_jolla_ has joined #sailfishos20:00
r0kk3rzinteresting about the whole "third party negotiations" thing for qtpositioning20:02
r0kk3rzmakes me wonder if theres some kind of patent dispute or such20:03
*** piggz has joined #sailfishos20:09
*** gogeta has joined #sailfishos20:10
*** tzafrir has joined #sailfishos20:13
*** Mano has quit IRC20:15
*** AlmAck has joined #sailfishos20:17
*** piggz has quit IRC20:28
*** Niju has joined #sailfishos20:28
*** Lipevakala has joined #sailfishos20:30
*** krendil has joined #sailfishos20:31
*** piggz has joined #sailfishos20:31
*** CarlosMazieri has quit IRC20:32
*** Sfiet_Konstantin has joined #sailfishos20:33
*** Lipevakala_ has quit IRC20:35
*** Lipevakala_ has joined #sailfishos20:35
*** Lipevakala has quit IRC20:35
*** Nc_ has quit IRC20:36
*** Niju has quit IRC20:37
*** samikshan is now known as samikshan|afk20:37
*** samikshan|afk is now known as samikshan20:37
*** mkollaro has quit IRC20:45
*** Shinryuu has quit IRC20:49
*** R-Z has quit IRC20:49
coderushello! Please fix the most annoying gallery bug: http://i.imgur.com/YLukWZu.png https://together.jolla.com/question/77448/gallery-photo-scrolling-bug/20:49
*** Sequenced_ has quit IRC20:50
*** mkollaro has joined #sailfishos20:59
*** Sailor11736_ has quit IRC21:05
*** zetaz has left #sailfishos21:06
*** M4rtinK has joined #sailfishos21:17
*** zetaz has joined #sailfishos21:17
*** M4rtinK_jolla_ has quit IRC21:19
*** M4rtinK has quit IRC21:21
*** krendil has quit IRC21:22
*** carelesscoder_ has quit IRC21:23
zetazYeah !!!!21:24
zetazI solved the missing voicemail notification problem !21:24
*** Nc_ has joined #sailfishos21:24
zetazI took me 3 nights. To finally come with a 10 lines QML patch (mostly empty or brackets....). A bit deceiving ;)21:25
r0kk3rzgood work zetaz21:27
zetazr0kk3rz: thanks21:28
zetazI am extracting the patch to put it in together thread.21:28
r0kk3rzyeah it'll be great to take a look at it21:29
zetazThen I would be glad to get some help to see how to put this in patch manager and warehouse21:29
zetazIt's comiiiiing ! ;)21:29
r0kk3rzwell its a bugfix, so i would hope jolla roll the fix into an upcoming update21:30
*** edubai has joined #sailfishos21:30
*** Blizzz has joined #sailfishos21:34
*** tat has joined #sailfishos21:35
zetazr0kk3rz: I am not master in QML, so I only expect them to take the idea, and do a real code with it...21:35
zetazr0kk3rz:  https://together.jolla.com/question/8779/no-notification-when-new-voicemail/?answer=76513#post-id-7651321:35
zetazI you want to take a look21:35
zetazit is damn simple once you have found the objects you need...21:36
r0kk3rzi was thinking it should be easy21:36
zetazI have taken a screen capture to show how (badly) it looks21:36
zetazputting that on TMO21:36
*** ahiemstra_ has joined #sailfishos21:38
*** ahiemstra has quit IRC21:38
r0kk3rzyou can put the screenshot in TJC as well21:39
r0kk3rzbut maybe thats why they havent enabled it yet21:39
r0kk3rzbecause it looks ugly on the lockscreen21:39
*** tat has quit IRC21:40
*** RoKenn has joined #sailfishos21:43
*** Sfiet_Konstantin has quit IRC21:43
zetazr0kk3rz: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=9449821:47
*** arcean has quit IRC21:48
zetazTJC quickly shows its limit when it is not a simple question/answer thing, but more a real exchange to find a solution. TMO is easier for that...21:48
*** Colgate has quit IRC21:51
r0kk3rztheres a icon-s-voicemail.png that might look nicer21:52
r0kk3rzno idea what it looks like21:53
*** mkollaro has quit IRC21:53
*** Blizzz has quit IRC21:55
zetazr0kk3rz: taking a look21:55
r0kk3rzbut that folder is where all the icons are kept21:56
zetazr0kk3rz:yes, more sailfishy21:58
zetazwill change to it. Thanks21:58
zetazand update the picture21:58
*** fferner has joined #sailfishos21:59
r0kk3rzyou should be able to add some left margin as well22:01
r0kk3rzi'll see if i can find you something22:01
*** M4rtinK has joined #sailfishos22:02
*** spider-mario has quit IRC22:03
*** Colgate has joined #sailfishos22:04
r0kk3rzah yes, we should really be adding it in as a proper notification22:05
r0kk3rzrather than just hacking in a lockscreen icon22:05
*** Sailor6935 has joined #sailfishos22:07
*** Sailor6935 has quit IRC22:09
zetazr0kk3rz: updated a bit the post with the new icon.22:11
zetaza bit of UI design is required on this. Goal was to make it work, so I am happy for today with it, but clearly better must be done...22:12
zetazr0kk3rz: Any idea where is the entry path for making this a "proper notification".22:13
zetazThis part of the lockscreen is a bit obscure for me right now. Not sure what objects are involved in this and if they are simple QML things or hidden C++ components22:13
r0kk3rzafaik its a dbus oriented thing22:14
r0kk3rzyou invoke a dbus method, and lipstick does the rest22:14
*** artemma has quit IRC22:16
r0kk3rzthis would be best done from a service though22:17
r0kk3rzzetaz: https://github.com/nemomobile/nemo-qml-plugin-notifications/blob/master/src/notification.cpp22:18
r0kk3rzbut i wouldnt put that inside the lipstick.qml file22:18
zetazr0kk3rz: ok, my bad. that is the notification like on the events view. I thought notification as the list of email, sms, ... icons that are on the lockscreen.22:21
*** Blizzz has joined #sailfishos22:22
zetazr0kk3rz: I almost have it running in phonebot as a rule: if "new voicemail" then "notify text XXXX" ;)22:22
zetazbut I found the QML to do it, so did it directly in the lockscreen22:23
r0kk3rzyeah thats fine22:24
r0kk3rzbut doing it the nemo way will have icon on the lockscreen, as well as in event viewer22:25
r0kk3rzim working on a notification service atm22:25
zetazwould be great if it fitted in the same left columns as the other messages icons.22:25
zetazr0kk3rz: yes, we can have both.22:25
zetazwe should even have it 3 times, if we count the led notification ;)22:26
r0kk3rzwhich is about as notified as you get really22:26
zetazthat's where I hope a sailors will come and help22:27
*** lukedirtwalker has quit IRC22:27
r0kk3rzah theres already a notification profile for it22:30
*** Nc_ has quit IRC22:30
r0kk3rzso firing off a correctly formatted dbus event will throw it up22:31
zetazr0kk3rz: nice22:32
*** igordcard has joined #sailfishos22:35
*** gogeta has quit IRC22:35
*** igordcard has quit IRC22:36
*** Lipevakala_ has quit IRC22:42
*** Lipevakala_ has joined #sailfishos22:42
M4rtinKcoderus: seems like a sensible suggestion, voted :)22:45
coderusM4rtinK: thanks. from beginning it was ok for me, but now i tired watching wallpaper opacity effect when watching my trip photos on phone :D22:46
*** r0kk3rz has quit IRC22:47
M4rtinKcoderus: well, I have about 200+ images that have a timestamp from the future always on top of the gallery22:47
M4rtinKcoderus: so I don't use it that much, so have not really noticed myself :)22:48
*** cxl000 has quit IRC22:48
zetazr0kk3rz: tried sniffing DBus while receiving an SMS, to see how notifications were done. There is a standard freedesktop notification DBus call, but I noticed this in it: dict entry(string "category",  variant string "x-nemo.messaging.sms")22:48
M4rtinKthere should really be some categories/folders22:48
M4rtinKat least photos from camera/other images22:49
zetazdo I only need to put this field to x-nemo.messaging.voicemail to trigger all the display in lockscreen, notification and led, or are these all separate things ?22:49
zetazThe x-nemo-remote-action-default can probably be used to open the voicecall-ui interface, maybe even call directly the voicemail number ?22:50
*** gigetoo has joined #sailfishos22:52
*** piggz has quit IRC22:53
*** r0kk3rz has joined #sailfishos22:55
zetazr0kk3rz: you're right !!!22:59
zetazeverything is already handled in the UI, with only need to connect the notification to ofono state22:59
zetazusing category: "x-nemo.messaging.voicemail" in the notification23:00
zetazWhy did Jolla wait one year for that....23:00
*** Blizzz has quit IRC23:00
r0kk3rzi can only assume they did23:01
r0kk3rzbut theres a bug in it, which you found before23:01
*** Nightmare__ has quit IRC23:02
*** AlmAck has quit IRC23:03
*** Pat_o has quit IRC23:04
zetazr0kk3rz: it's not a bug. Ofono documentation clearly says that if number is 0 but boolean is true, there are message but number is not known.23:04
zetazbut we know for sure there are messages23:04
r0kk3rzah ok23:05
zetazr0kk3rz: at least that is how I understood it;23:05
*** fferner has quit IRC23:05
r0kk3rzeither way, can be handled by a dbus service23:06
zetazfound it: https://git.kernel.org/cgit/network/ofono/ofono.git/tree/doc/message-waiting-api.txt?id=c9e426ecd77fab3f523a8a9cb975ee9cad5858d223:07
*** Sail0r has quit IRC23:07
zetaz"Value 0 when VoicemailWaiting is true indicates that the mailbox is not empty and the message count is not known."23:07
zetazthis can be a trap, but not a bug23:07
*** tat has joined #sailfishos23:09
zetazok. Enough for today !23:11
zetazr0kk3rz: thanks for your helpful tips !23:11
*** zetaz has left #sailfishos23:11
r0kk3rzno worries, always fun to dig into things23:13
*** ernesti has quit IRC23:14
*** Thaodan has joined #sailfishos23:15
Thaodanhey how can I build a plugin for the qtcreator included in the sailfish sdk (emacskeys)?23:16
*** nodevel has quit IRC23:16
*** nodevel has joined #sailfishos23:16
*** ndvl has joined #sailfishos23:17
*** SpeedEvil has quit IRC23:17
*** SpeedEvil has joined #sailfishos23:18
*** r0kk3rz has quit IRC23:19
*** Algolkm_ has quit IRC23:20
*** TMavica has quit IRC23:21
*** Algolkm_ has joined #sailfishos23:21
*** nodevel has quit IRC23:21
*** cvp_ has quit IRC23:24
ajalkaneHi. I'm trying to build an application for Sailfish that has a daemon and application part (yes, I know, not applicable to Jolla Store). The daemon part needs to be displaying QML, so I'm using CONFIG += sailfishapp as in "normal app". When trying to deploy the daemon from QtCreator I get errors such as:23:28
ajalkaneerror: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:23:28
*** Algolkm has joined #sailfishos23:29
ajalkaneI have these files in the daemon subproject and in the OTHER_FILES section. Also tried to manually adding them to .pro file as daemon_qmlfiles.path and .files and adding daemon_qmlfiles to INSTALL but that didn't help23:30
ajalkaneAnyone know what could be done about that? Basically my daemon needs to show a sailfish application window with QML in it. The other option would be launching another executable from daemon that would show it, but I'd like to avoid that approach if possible.23:31
coderusajalkane: its .spec deal, not .pro23:31
*** Algolkm_ has quit IRC23:31
ajalkanecoderus: any hints what to change in spec?23:31
coderusin rpm world spec file is for packaging files into package23:31
coderusjust %{_datadir}/%{name}23:32
coderusis enough23:32
coderusin %files section23:32
ajalkanehmmm but that's already in the spec file23:32
coderusthen you showed your error incorrectly23:33
coderusplease paste it as0is23:33
ajalkaneOK just a sec23:33
ajalkanehere's the full output: http://pastebin.com/9F82v0Df23:33
ajalkaneI think it's something to do with having subprojects in the .pro file but I have no idea what's basic problem23:34
coderusyeah its bug about having two sailfishsilica applications subprojects23:35
coderusjust a second..23:36
*** SaberAltria has joined #sailfishos23:38
coderusin daemon pro file try adding:23:38
*** rysiek|pl has quit IRC23:38
coderusqml.path = /usr/share/harbour-ringingrestorer23:38
coderusINSTALLS = qml23:38
*** rysiek|pl has joined #sailfishos23:38
*** RoKenn has quit IRC23:38
*** ndvl has quit IRC23:38
*** ndvl has joined #sailfishos23:39
coderusto overwrite sailfishapp.prf rules23:39
coderusjust look at sailfishapp.prf and you understand: http://paste.ubuntu.com/979943223:39
*** SpeedEvil has quit IRC23:40
ajalkanecoderus: ok, thank you. I'll have to go sleeping but I will dig into that later23:41
*** SpeedEvil has joined #sailfishos23:41
Thaodanno one with an idea?23:41
*** artemma has joined #sailfishos23:41
*** artemma has quit IRC23:42
coderusThaodan: i have no idea, sorry23:43
*** artemma has joined #sailfishos23:44
Thaodanbasicly I'll need a qt version that is compatible with the qtcreator or not?23:44
*** plfiorini has quit IRC23:55

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.17.1 by Marius Gedminas - find it at https://mg.pov.lt/irclog2html/!